Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2016, 14:45   #571
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th April 2016 at 19:10. Reason: See note in the post
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 15:58   #572
BHPian

Just got a call out of the blue from my dealer saying that my booking of a red 3.2L Titanium has been allotted a car and that it can be delivered within 2-3 days.

Had booked it in February 1st week, and was expecting it to come only in June.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 18:42   #573
BHPian

Despite what some of the conspiracy theorists were trying to spread, to the contrary, I heard that many people started getting calls from their dealers about the allotment of their 3.2 Titanium. Some of them had even booked the car 2 months back. Can someone confirm?
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 23:55   #574
BHPian

Our experience regarding the booking and delivery of 3.2 Titanium variant (sunset red) was quite a thing. Initially we booked the car from "Fortune Ford, Tolichowki, Hyderabad" on january 18th with a commitment of delivery as soon as the first lot lands. I should mention that after booking is made, I didn't receive any mail from the company/dealership regarding the booking. After follow-up i received the copy of receipt. I used to call them once in a week or two to enquire about the status of the vehicle, but i never got any reply from them (not even tentative delivery month). This was same till the first week of march.

However on march 3rd, out of blue, I randomly gave a call to the ford dealership near my hometown i.e "Sansai Ford, Nalgonda". He was very excited about the enquiry and told me one was readily available for the delivery. But on probing further got to know that the owner of dealership got one for himself which is scheduled for delivery on the same day. I politely declined the offer as we are not ready to take delivery that soon (need to sell the innova which we have). So made a fresh booking with a commitment of 1 month delivery which I didn't believe initially. Immediately after booking I got the welcome mail both from ford as well as the dealership and the sales himself used to call up every week with update on the car.

After paying the booking amount here (Sansai Ford, Nalgonda), I called up the "Fortune Ford, Hyderabad" requesting a cancellation of the booking. Now immediately i got a call from the manager of showroom for the first time after our booking and he was now promising delivery within 2 weeks. I declined the offer and asked him to initiate the refund of our booking amount. After following up every 3 days I finally got the refund amount after 1 month .

So finally our "Endy" is ready for delivery now and we will be taking is sometime next week. Have completed PDI 2 days back and everything looked fine. It will be interesting to see how the ownership of "Endy" is going to be as we were used to Toyota reliability. We have owned two Innova's so far 2,30,000 Kms during 5 years in our first gen-innova and 1,70,000 kms during 4 years in our current innova with just regular maintenance.
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 14:56   #575
Senior - BHPian

Checked this out in a showroom while I saw a Figo. This car is simply much better than the Fortuner. I can't think of a reason to buy the current Fortuner.

Credit where it's due, especially when it comes from a Toyota Fanboy.

The only reason some people would still buy the Toyota are:
1. They hate those waiting periods of the new Endeavour (along with the high-handedness of some dealers)
2. They believe in the reliability of a Body-on-Frame Toyota diesel (I won't doubt the reliability of the Endeavour)

That being said, the black colour was super attractive, the white one I saw on the road was bland. A white Fortuner looks much more attractive. (Looks are a personal matter, so let's not debate)
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 23:34   #576
BANNED

I had visited the Ford service centre for the service update. Happened to check the Endeavour, I got intimidated by this behemoth. I sat inside it and for a thinly built person like me it was frightening to say the least. I haven't felt so with Fortuner. This one can terrorise, if you saw one in rear view mirrors! I can't even imagine owning such a big vehicle.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:29   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Despite what some of the conspiracy theorists were trying to spread, to the contrary, I heard that many people started getting calls from their dealers about the allotment of their 3.2 Titanium. Some of them had even booked the car 2 months back. Can someone confirm?
You are correct. Delivery is slow, But not like these "conspiracy theorists" shout. In my place they have delivered at least 20 vehicles, mostly 3.2 (both Trend and Titanium).

I do not think in any way has the intention to complete with any other SUVs. They want to sell what they can, as their best. If this think changes they can sell more. I am sure they know the demand and supply issues.

Apart from this, There are people who made a lot of complaints which I found untrue. (Eg. Head space).
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:12   #578
BHPian

Hi, need an clarification.
1. The 12 V sockets in my 3.2 keeps functioning even after I switch off the engine and even after locking the vehicle. Is there any settings for it or we can't do anything about it?
2. After opening the vehicle with the remote, only the driver side door opens, I have to press the unlock button in the driver door to open the other doors, can anything be done for that? TIA.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:23   #579
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi, need an clarification.
1. The 12 V sockets in my 3.2 keeps functioning even after I switch off the engine and even after locking the vehicle. Is there any settings for it or we can't do anything about it?
All the Fords in India are programmed like that, even my old Fiesta. Practically speaking, nothing can be done about it. Unless you want to fiddle with the wiring connections and perhaps install an on/off switch or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
2. After opening the vehicle with the remote, only the driver side door opens, I have to press the unlock button in the driver door to open the other doors, can anything be done for that? TIA.
You might be able to program your key by these steps mentioned here-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1940427
I am not sure if this will work with the Endeavour. Worth a try though.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:53   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
All the Fords in India are programmed like that, even my old Fiesta. Practically speaking, nothing can be done about it. Unless you want to fiddle with the wiring connections and perhaps install an on/off switch or something like that.

Thanks a lot brother. I tried it and it worked.
drjones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:25   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

you can set or over ride lock related functions through the menu selection (using the function keys on the right side of steering wheel)

btw. a note on the 12 v socket supplying power after switching off the vehicel and locking. I have noticed that after some time (may be couple of hours), it does turn off the power in my endy.

I am on a long drive through Bangalore, Salem, Theni, Munnar, Kottayam, Kochi to Bangalore. completed half of the journey with about 1000+ KMs. On the High ways about 500+ KMs, at an average speed of 120+, getting about 8.2 KM/L (D mode). no problem with power delivery and acceleration while over taking. On the mountains on S mode, efficiency has dropped down to about 7.5 km/l.

There were occasions where I had to break a bit hard while cornering, electronics kicks in and you are fine. Love the drive so far. on tight twisty mountain roads, its a bit of a struggle due to the size (accelerates out of the corner beautifully and breaks very reliably).

will post some pics later, I could go off the road and drive to the Chinna kanal lake in Munnar, had a good time.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd May 2016 at 13:32. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:34   #582
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for the Delivery of the 3.2 Titanium. Was reading Autocar's review about the New Fortuner and twice they compared it with the Endy. They found the ride quality and the steering to be better on the Endy.
The parting shot was that the Big T is a great product but will not flatten competitors like it was with the earlier one. Great read.

However I do feel let down that we don't have Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Keyless Entry, Start-Stop & Most Importantly Navigation which even the New-Gen Innova gets.

When you are spending around 37 lakhs for a car, this should be standard issue.

Just had a quick chat with my Rep in Bhavna Ford. January deliveries have been completed. The 3rd Booking of February has its delivery scheduled tomorrow. They only had 4 Titanium bookings in Feb.

He was pretty confident about my car being delivered by June First Week. I better get to selling my Passat now

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2016 at 07:17. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:30   #583
BHPian

Couple of pics from Chinna Kanal Lake bed...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160501_1240253591280x738.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160501_124428027_hdr1600x872.jpg  

sknair is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:59   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
Hi dockap, while I was in Bangalore, I had checked this a few times and didn't see this issue. Now I am in Kerala (coastal side) and see this issue happening (condensation on top of the roof right above the right rear tire). no wetness or condensation related moisture on the inside though. May be this is normal for endy when you drive in high humidity areas with AC on.

Did you get any advise from service folks on this?
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 08:58   #585
BHPian

Finally got my new truck almost 4 months after booking (January 7th)
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160504wa0000.jpg

Moving to a vehicle which is twice the size, three times more powerful and five times more expensive

Vehicle was alloted to another city and so had already driven 200+ kms on day one itself. I was able to squeeze out 12.6km/L and that's in a regular two lane east coast road with moderate traffic.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160504wa0001.jpg
About my initial impressions,

- Silver looks great and rear looks best in this color. Doesn't look as feminine as in other shades.
- When you sit inside, even the innova which overtook me looked puny
- The ride quality is stiff. Not at all comfortable which is contrary to every review which says Endy has the best ride quality. Honestly I'm a little confused if something is wrong with my Endy. But the test drive vehicle was also similar to this, i mean the stiff ride. Will reduce the air pressure and check again but I believe it won't help much.
- The plus point of this stiff ride is better handling. I was confidently able to drive faster in corners better than my previous hatchbacks.
- The low beam projector is HID but the throw is just around 25 feet which is too short. I couldn't find any level adjustments(guess titanium has auto level feature). High beam is a regular halogen and its a joke. Definitely need to upgrade it. Will change to Osram night breakers unlimited ASAP.

Planning to install 3M CR70 in side and rear window glasses. Might do anti corrosion treatment too and no more modifications.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks