Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 10:27   #661
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Is this only an add on interphase or the whole system needs to replaced?
Also what is the cost
I am not aware of the cost, will update once my friend receives it and have it installed (including shipping and installment).
It is an add on to the existing system, the current system stays and the vehicle setting can still be done the same way.
See attached video to give you a bit of idea how it's installed and it's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
The seat adjust is 6 way. I think thigh support works along with up and down I have to check again. But I am sure it is not 8 way.
It's 8 way for me, see attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image.png  

diveshsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 11:36   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post

It's 8 way for me, see attached screenshot.
I apologize for the wrong info. It is 8 way. :-)
Old 16th May 2016, 23:00   #663
BHPian

Some pics of my Car:

Did a 600 kms round trip Bangalore to Coonoor and back. Some observations.

This car is at its best in straight lines. Liner acceleration ,Loads of power on tap and Amazingly silent. Most of the cars around can be shown 'Who's the Daddy'.
When the roads start to have inclinations, it lets you down a bit, clings on to first and second gears for unusually long periods, makes a lot of Noise and does not respond to minor variations in pedal press.

If the Transmission is adaptive and self learning (as mentioned by in some forums),apparently mine learned what it was not supposed to learn.After climbing the steep hair pin bends in Auto, the over all behavior appeared to have changed.Once the transmission remained in 2nd gear till 3000RPM in a very small incline.Not sure if this had an impact on run in.

After running for ~100 kms, the engine appears to get tired, Noise level increases and a feeling of lack of power was a bit apparent. Is it because the car is still in early run in period ? My car ran only 230 KMS prior to this trip.

High beam is a pathetic joke, Not sure what were they smoking up there while deciding on the bulbs.However contrary to what many others in this forum has mentioned, i found the HID low beam quite powerful and having a decent range.

Brakes pedal feels spongy, but stops the vehicle with out any drama.

Handling and stability is quite good , it never let me realize its Bulk.Body roll was amazingly minimum at high speeds.Handled almost like a sedan i used to drive till recently.

Performance improved drastically once i hit the plains again, Back on Mysore road it regained its aggression and responsiveness.

Surprisingly i didn't spot any other Endevours through out my trip of 2 days. May be due to that, the car gathers a lot of attention and is a conversation starter in parking lots for the time being.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_5329.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_5244.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_5242.jpg  

pajero4me is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 23:24   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Is this only an add on interphase or the whole system needs to replaced?
Also what is the cost?

Regarding keyless start
Adding a request button to the door handle is not possible right now.
I think someone will come out with a solution if we wait for some more time.

Roof rails are standard with your car, I think what you want is cross bars which fit across roof rails.

Cross bars help in fixing of carrier , cycle rack etcetera
Any one tried Apple car play ?
Old 17th May 2016, 01:53   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Not sure what were they smoking up there while deciding on the high beams
Smoking up

Quote:
I am not aware of the cost, will update once my friend receives it and have it installed
This interphase will solve all problems.
Why don't the manufacturers think of this?

Screen mirroring is the best thing one can have in the car(google maps, videos etc)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 17th May 2016 at 02:11.
Old 17th May 2016, 02:27   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Some pics of my Car:
I like the graphics on the driver's side doors - very nice and subtle as well!

(Haven't seen that on any of the Endys I've seen so far...)
Old 17th May 2016, 08:15   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I like the graphics on the driver's side doors - very nice and subtle as well!
(Haven't seen that on any of the Endys I've seen so far...)
Thanks. One more pic of the graphics. But I feel the graphics was a tad too small for the big bland side profile . I expected a larger one.. The pajero types.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160514_082411.jpg  

pajero4me is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 08:25   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
High beam is a pathetic joke, Not sure what were they smoking up there while deciding on the bulbs.However contrary to what many others in this forum has mentioned, i found the HID low beam quite powerful and having a decent range.
I think this issue is mostly reported by Titanium owners where the range is auto set. In Trend , I am quite ok with the reach which can be adjusted manually. Of course, we can always change the High beam bulbs to Philips NB . For Trend owners, it's an easy job to get a pair of HID for low beam and there is an appreciable difference.

Quote:
If the Transmission is adaptive and self-learning (as mentioned by in some forums),apparently mine learned what it was not supposed to learn.After climbing the steep hair pin bends in Auto, the over all behavior appeared to have changed.Once the transmission remained in 2nd gear till 3000RPM in a very small incline.Not sure if this had an impact on run in.
Yes,there is something which is missing. I was travelling on a highway for over 8 hours and when I reached the destination -a populated town the RPM's will stay so high and car won't move the way it normally does. I even tried switching off / on a couple of times but nothing changed. Next Morning everything was back to normal.

Quote:
After running for ~100 km, the engine appears to get tired, Noise level increases and a feeling of lack of power was a bit apparent. Is it because the car is still in early run in period ? My car ran only 230 KMS prior to this trip.
I don't think running large distances effects this - I have driven nonstop - Delhi - Kandla ( Lunch + Tea breaks ) Perhaps you have driven on a different terrain - first on highway and then on mountains/ ghaats which might have changed the way it responds to throttle.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th May 2016 at 08:27.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 13:45   #669
BHPian

600km drive update
On way back to Delhi, I faced the problem for the first time of engine revving but not accelerating accordingly. I was accelerating on a flyover must have been doing something around 60kmph, I think the gear just shifted to 3rd when I took my foot off the accelerator put it on brake for a moment and tried to accelerate again. The engine was revving (2500 rpm, don't know exactly as my eyes were on road) but the car dint accelerate as per throttle. IMO the gearbox had trouble finding the right gear and was in between gear shifts, that's why there was high revv but no acceleration, just like when you had the clutch pressed and foot on accelerator and changing gears manually.
It was for a fraction of second or second and it got into gear and car started accelerating.

I am still not able to adjust the LHS headlight. It won't move above few feets from the car. The RHS headlight I could adjust as per my liking. As someone rightly pointed out earlier high beam is a joke. As per manual in the titanium version the high beam type is H15 and of 55watts as compared to 60 watts HB3 in non DRL lights. Has anyone checked the bulb type in the titanium trim? If I were the owner of the car, I would be investing in good led aux lights.

Overall the drive was excellent, the car hardly breaks a sweat on highway. Got twice challaned for high speed (90kmph speed limit is a joke), both the time I was doing 110. I wish more and more people start using waze to report the location of the cops on road, specially highways. On second thought better not to report their location to prevent misuse.
diveshsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:01   #670
BHPian

Quote:
600km drive update
As per manual in the titanium version the high beam type is H15 and of 55watts as compared to 60 watts HB3 in non DRL lights. Has anyone checked the bulb type in the titanium trim? If I were the owner of the car, I would be investing in good led aux lights.
From what I gather Titanium should have HB3. H15 is double filament and is meant to be used as DRL too. The lower wattage filament works as DRL. In Titanium the DRL is outside as LED so it should have HB3 which is a single filament bulb.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 18th May 2016 at 15:03.
Old 18th May 2016, 19:12   #671
BHPian

Quote:
600km drive update
On way back to Delhi, I faced the problem for the first time of engine revving but not accelerating accordingly. I was accelerating on a flyover must have been doing something around 60kmph, I think the gear just shifted to 3rd when I took my foot off the accelerator put it on brake for a moment and tried to accelerate again. The engine was revving (2500 rpm, don't know exactly as my eyes were on road) but the car dint accelerate as per throttle. IMO the gearbox had trouble finding the right gear and was in between gear shifts, that's why there was high revv but no acceleration, just like when you had the clutch pressed and foot on accelerator and changing gears manually.
It was for a fraction of second or second and it got into gear and car started accelerating.
Exactly what happened to me on my single test drive.

This is one reason I could not buy the car until they fix this - a major safety issue, as a heavily-laden motor-trailer was bearing down on me from behind in the fast lane when I did this and I could do nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes,there is something which is missing. I was travelling on a highway for over 8 hours and when I reached the destination -a populated town the RPM's will stay so high and car won't move the way it normally does. I even tried switching off / on a couple of times but nothing changed. Next Morning everything was back to normal.
I hope Ford looks into this issue - may be a simple communication problem between the accelerator/control unit/engine/gearbox.

I would suggest that any owners who have experienced this write into Ford in order to make them aware of this phenomenon and to ensure they do something about it.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 18th May 2016 at 19:13.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 19:14   #672
BHPian

For all those looking at inflating their tires with N2 (nitrogen), please do note that it's the biggest scam. Most of the time, the system used to inflate tires is not calibrated. Secondly, normal air is 78% nitrogen anyway.

Ive done 3800kms thus far. Just did a trip from Chennai to Kodaikonal and back. The car is incredible on the highway. Extremely comfortable. On the way up the hill, we went over a stone hidden on the side of the road, because we were pushed by those crazy bus drivers.

Figured out that the alignment was knocked out on the highway on the way back. Tried to have it alighned at a regular tire shop but they had no details of the new model. Had to drive another 1 hour to Rockcity Ford in Trichy and even there they couldn't because they had to download some software and then wait for it to be installed which would have taken a couple of hours. So drove all they way back on tire that was toe'd out by a 0.1 of a degree. Not at all serious but irritating because its in the back of your mind that your car is not in top form.

Still it should be easier. I dont want to wait or drive to the dealership for these small jobs. All small services like this should be with all the tire stores.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 11:28   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Figured out that the alignment was knocked out on the highway on the way back. Tried to have it alighned at a regular tire shop but they had no details of the new model.
As far as I know,the alignment specifications can be found in the owners manual.So one can go to any shop with a good laser enabled system and get the alignment done using the specs from the manual.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 12:13   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
As far as I know,the alignment specifications can be found in the owners manual.So one can go to any shop with a good laser enabled system and get the alignment done using the specs from the manual.
Hey, so having read what you said, I went and checked the manual and there doesn't seem to be anything with regard to alignment specs. Would you indicate which page this is?

Had a conversation with Ford India yesterday and they apologised and agreed that this information should be made public.
Old 19th May 2016, 12:14   #675
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour 4000KM Update:

1.Fuel Efficiency on highway stands at 11.xx with 3 digit speeds. Drops to 8.5-9 the moment you hit city. However in my recent drive to airport, dodging the worst traffic of KR Puram and Graphite,MID reported overall figure of 13.1! Astonishing for a vehicle of this size.
2.Ride quality is top notch. Be it in the back or front you got to appreciate the Ford Engineers.
3.The gear shifts are much better now. There is instant throttle response and once you floor the A-Pedal and the Torque converter drops a gear or two without much hesitation.
4.The engine note from inside is not to my liking, particularly in 1st/2nd gear at lower speeds. The moment you hit anything beyond 4th, there is pin drop silence inside. With music system volume raised, you can barely hear the horn as well.
5.Auto wiper was extremely useful during the rain. It kept on varying the speeds depending on the intensity of the rain.
6.While the light steering and AT make driving easy within city, the sheer size is a big concern. Add to that the height, you can easily miss those Alto’s coming from your left.
7.Low beam headlamp is quite powerful and is more than adequate. High beam has good intensity but throw could have been better. Overall I don’t see a necessity to change any of the bulbs.
8.Music system is brilliant. Often I keep pumping up the volume, just to listen to that deep bass.
9.Would have preferred a different position for boot release button. In the event of switching fog lamps I have ended up pressing boot release button couple of times. Though the boot does not open when the car is in motion, would have liked this at a different place.
10.Keys could have been a little more premium. Aluminium finish for the buttons would have looked cool. It feels just as good as my Ecosport keys.
11.You sit at a level higher than Fortuner . Being shorter than Endeavour, Fortuner looks as wide but the sheer height and length of Endeavour makes it look lot more imposing than Fortuner(Personal opinion).
12.While the rear looked a little boring initially, have started loving the tapering hatch(or rear), looks a lot more premium.

My Favorite angle at which Endeavour looks the best
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160518_164525.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks