Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 15:28   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My beast arrived yesterday afternoon. Planet ford pune got it delivered to Alibag. Special thanks to Mr Ojas and Mr Laxman for taking the effort of delivering the vehicle 150 km from Pune.
150 kms away for the delivery thats pretty good! I am guessing they did not charge anything to you for the same? Congratulations on this red beast, Looks stunning specially in this colour.
Old 25th May 2016, 19:54   #707
BHPian

On top of Perumal malai peak...a nice offroad trail.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160514wa0026.jpg  

drjones is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 22:06   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
150 kms away for the delivery thats pretty good! I am guessing they did not charge anything to you for the same? Congratulations on this red beast, Looks stunning specially in this colour.
Thank you.

They did not charge any thing for the delivery. I was supposed to get my vehicle delivered on Thursday 19th May but the truck was delayed and the vehicle landed in Pune on Friday. Saturday being a holiday the CRTM could not be done i had to be back in Alibag for the weekend So i went for a PDI and returned back to Alibag. The RTO formalities were done on Monday and the car brought to my RTO in Pen registered and delivered.

There were three cars with the dealer when i went for the PDI. I found that the right corner of the bumper does not fit perfectly with the right Fender.(Pic attached) It was a problem with all the three cars not only mine. The dealer said that its with all the models and i had no option other than believing as i could see it with my own eyes. Can other owners confirm if its true and if not what should be my future course of Action?
Old 25th May 2016, 22:13   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They did not charge any thing for the delivery.
Thats nice!

Quote:
There were three cars with the dealer when i went for the PDI. I found that the right corner of the bumper does not fit perfectly with the right Fender.(Pic attached) It was a problem with all the three cars not only mine. The dealer said that its with all the models and i had no option other than believing as i could see it with my own eyes. Can other owners confirm if its true and if not what should be my future course of Action?
You should post some pictures of the same, Also check out the pictures from the review or we can compare it with people who have already got the car, Some proper closeup pictures.
Old 26th May 2016, 09:08   #710
BHPian

Quote:
This right side bumper not perfectly fitting in fender is in my Endeavour too. I thought it's a problem only in my truck but relieved now
Old 26th May 2016, 09:26   #711
BHPian

I do not find any fitting issue. Did you escalate this to Ford ? I have checked the fitting on 3 different colors and they seemed fine. Maybe QC issues but that's not acceptable.

Earlier I had mentioned that I am getting a Reliance quote for insurance at 50% of what Ford quoted. That's wrong information. The sales rep gave me hopes but when I looked at the quote and fine print, he is quoting a comprehensive insurance not zero depreciation. I am now looking at quotes from ICICI and Tata AIG. Hope to close it this week.

Also, when I started the Endy with the bonnet open, I could hear a hiss sound for a short while. It goes away in couple of seconds when engine starts running. Did anyone face this ? The sales rep told that's because the engine is new, sound from the belt is what the assumption is. The hiss wont occur if the engine is slightly hot.

Noticed another one. When the car is started and idling, if I try to accelerate, it won't go beyond 3k rpm. But no issues when driving and runs fine. This was inside the stock yard so not enough test done. I am not worried much because car runs perfectly alright, just that it wont accelerate when idle.

I also checked the mirrors, there is no way to set Auto fold (or some hack should be there). Owners should make it a practice to fold the mirrors each time they switch off their car. The sales rep promised to check and get back on this. According to caradvice.com.au Everest comes with auto folding mirrors. Did not find this in the India brochure.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2016 at 08:01. Reason: Typo + capitalisations.
Old 26th May 2016, 19:07   #712
BHPian

Sorry for the delay attaching pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160525_173044.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 07:16   #713
BHPian

Yes, I have the problem of the RHS bumper not perfectly aligned with my truck too. I'm taking it into the workshop today to see what can be done while they install the nudge bar.

Another thing I've noticed is the fitting of the RHS passenger door panel, the panel protrudes slightly above the window recess line, whereas on the LHS it sits flush. Can someone check theirs too?
Old 28th May 2016, 15:15   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Yes, I have the problem of the RHS bumper not perfectly aligned with my truck too. I'm taking it into the workshop today to see what can be done while they install the nudge bar.

Another thing I've noticed is the fitting of the RHS passenger door panel, the panel protrudes slightly above the window recess line, whereas on the LHS it sits flush. Can someone check theirs too?
Same here. The whole bumper doesn't sit well.

Update on the alignment issue: well, finally a driver from Chennai Ford arrives, takes my car for the alignment job. This was 3 days back. Along with the alignment complaint, I noted the front bumper not seating well and the rear seat bottom which didn't seem to be stitched well, as in, the 2nd row seat bottom has no clean form. I'll post a picture later. And I also noted my poor mileage and some engine hesitation at idle, kind of like a missing beat. 3 days later, thats today, they drop the car having only worked on the alignment. The excuse for the bumper is that the body shop is full and the waiting period is 3 days. The rest? Doubt they even looked at it. My guess is that these guys are still very unfamiliar with the car and are afraid to touch it. Maybe as more vehicles are sold, more complaints come in and the more familiar they become with the Everest, these problems will be sorted out.

They charged me 1850 for the job, well, that and the waterwash, which is normally a 500 rupee job each anywhere else. Well, c'est la vie.
Old 28th May 2016, 15:58   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Same here. The whole bumper doesn't sit well.

My guess is that these guys are still very unfamiliar with the car and are afraid to touch it. Maybe as more vehicles are sold, more complaints come in and the more familiar they become with the Everest, these problems will be sorted out.

They charged me 1850 for the job, well, that and the waterwash, which is normally a 500 rupee job each anywhere else. Well, c'est la vie.
Did you email or call the Ford customer care ? I am wondering why they are not able to diagnose the problem. From what was told to us during the launch event, dealers are trained and instructed clearly that they need to take good care of endeavour customer complaints. And Rs. 1850 for the alignment and wash seems alright but i'd expect it to be done free of cost considering the vehicle is new. Even Tata used to give free wash for my safari during the initial days.
Old 28th May 2016, 17:57   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Did you email or call the Ford customer care ? I am wondering why they are not able to diagnose the problem. And Rs. 1850 for the alignment and wash seems alright but i'd expect it to be done free of cost considering the vehicle is new. Even Tata used to give free wash for my safari during the initial days.
So, with the sun setting I went to see what they had done with my car. Here is the following.

Fuel economy: Nada. I think they made it worse. What is 5km per litre? I just hope it was a result of the company driver driving like a moron.

In fact they made a mess of the interiors while cleaning the exteriors.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160528_173507.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160528_173601.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160528_173526.jpg  

Old 28th May 2016, 18:26   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, when I started the Endy with the bonnet open, I could hear a hiss sound for a short while. It goes away in couple of seconds when engine starts running. Did anyone face this ? The sales rep told that's because the engine is new, sound from the belt is what the assumption is. The hiss wont occur if the engine is slightly hot.
That hiss sound is from the diesel pump and you get to hear it just before cranking the engine. It's normal and nothing to worry about. The belt will not make a hissing sound.

Quote:
Noticed another one. When the car is started and idling, if I try to accelerate, it won't go beyond 3k rpm. But no issues when driving and runs fine. This was inside the stock yard so not enough test done. I am not worried much because car runs perfectly alright, just that it wont accelerate when idle.
That's a rev safety feature for the engine. In Neutral, the RPM is electronically locked at 3k to prevent excessive revving. Again, it's a feature and not a glitch.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 20:00   #718
BHPian

Update on the Bumper alignment issue. I had the entire unit taken down, primarily because the nudge bar needed installing, but the refit did no good. It seems to be a manufacturing issue with certain bumpers, the showroom guys did mention they've seen this on quite a few cars. I've been promised a more thorough effort when I drop my truck off for the 2500 Kms check which should be around the 13th of June.
Old 28th May 2016, 20:33   #719
BHPian

Hi Friends ,

I am expecting my car early next week . I spoke to the 3 M guys . They have under belly rubberised anti-rust treatment which comes with 5 year warranty .They claim it reduces sound , heat and rust issues.

Another treatment they suggested was the paint seal treatment which is 3 way process and last for about 8-9 months. They claim it will enhance the paint glow even for a brand new car.

request suggestion from experienced folks as should i get it done and is there any value in it?

Any other suggestion for a brand new action so that it can be done before it hits the road and we say - Oh wish i should have done it ealrier?

Regards
Shamsher
Old 29th May 2016, 08:35   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi Friends ,

I am expecting my car early next week . I spoke to the 3 M guys . They have under belly rubberized anti-rust treatment which comes with 5 year warranty .They claim it reduces sound , heat and rust issues.

Another treatment they suggested was the paint seal treatment which is 3 way process and last for about 8-9 months. They claim it will enhance the paint glow even for a brand new car.

request suggestion from experienced folks as should i get it done and is there any value in it?

Any other suggestion for a brand new action so that it can be done before it hits the road and we say - Oh wish i should have done it ealrier?

Regards
Shamsher
The 3M folks I go to inspected the under-body and suggested against this treatment. Apparently, this car comes with a fair bit of covers and the treatment is also already done to the exposed parts. Unless you plan to do off road regularly, this is not needed.

Paint sealant is good and if you drive straight from show room to 3M, then "essential" is good enough. "advanced" treatment involves rubbing and is used only if the vehicle has already been exposed and there are swirl marks.

I also did paint protection film for bumpers and bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Update on the Bumper alignment issue. I had the entire unit taken down, primarily because the nudge bar needed installing, but the refit did no good. It seems to be a manufacturing issue with certain bumpers, the showroom guys did mention they've seen this on quite a few cars. I've been promised a more thorough effort when I drop my truck off for the 2500 Kms check which should be around the 13th of June.
I had the same bumper alignment issue on the front left. Nudged hard with fingers and it went in. Decided against any work on that for the time being.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st May 2016 at 16:28. Reason: Please use the multiquote button to respond to everyone in a single post. No back to back posts please. Posts merged.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks