Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 11:17   #751
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Uh Oh. Which Geolanders did you get? And how much was the retail price in TN and how much buy back you got? What size? Same as OEM 265/60 R18?

I got a quote for 11.5 K per tyre exchange and hence dumped the idea.

Ideally the tyre guy should take it - maybe for a k or two less.

How about selling on Amazon or eBay?
Yokohama Geolanders...275/60 R18...one upsize. I paid 4K per tire for exchange under the condition that the vehicle should have run less than 100 kms.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:53   #752
BHPian

Hi friends,

I got my 3.2 Titanium Red after a great deal of push at all level. It was more than 4 months of waiting. I am certain the dealer was not fair in his dealings.

The car is good just did about 600 kms and the city and highway mix is 8.2 Km / litre
It is a powerful vehicle. I had Mitsubishi Outlander for 6 years and I am a big fan. Had they not stopped selling , I would have certainly gone for the latest outlander only.

Well that was my thought before I took my new Endy for a ride. The only difference on the negative side was the initial pick up of a Diesel engine vs a petrol. ( outlander is petrol ).

Did soft off roading in the countryside with good hill incline and not track or path. It climbed like a pro and no issues in climbing down. Unfortunately , I forgot my phone hence couldn't click pictures.

A question to Pros- any thread on the degree of claim this car can be tried upto while up hill and down hill.

Any idea on how to help tow another car in case of eventuality. I saw a couple of cars stranded enroutr Pune -Mum and I felt like helping. Any suggestions on this ?

Rolling down and rolling up of Windows via key remote is beautiful feature. Boot operations of opening and closing from key and driver side is a Very helpful and innovative feature.
Shamsher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:15   #753
BHPian

Congratulations Shamsher for acquiring a beast.
We would love to read a full fledged ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Any idea on how to help tow another car in case of eventuality. I saw a couple of cars stranded enroutr Pune -Mum and I felt like helping. Any suggestions on this ?
Generally, Manufacturers do not recommend using your vehicle for towing in run in period as it put lots of stress on new parts.
You can go through owner's manual for more details. Also, You will find lot more interesting stuff in it.

Enjoy Exploring
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 07:54   #754
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, Tried searching hard but could not find a single Ford Endeavour Ownership thread. Are they out of fashion from the forum?

I see many who have taken the beast and have had a reasonable experience to pen down thoughts and experiences. Could someone point me in the direction if such a thread exists (Even a single one).

Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:17   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could someone point me in the direction if such a thread exists (Even a single one).
You should go over this thread from page 1 , normally official reviews are very elaborative but if you need any specific information , do ask here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2016 at 12:20.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:13   #756
BHPian

My observations during my 500 kms recent drive to Chennai in a 4 lane road:

Handling was really like a car.

About fuel consumption, it gives maximum of around 11.5-12.5 km/L below 90 km/hr and drops down to 10-10.5 km/L even at steady 100 km/hr. I thought high capacity 3.2L engine will stay cool at triple digit speeds and give maximum fuel efficiency even at those speeds. I'm surprised that a mere 10 km/hr difference in speed will result in huge difference in fuel consumption.

Only serious complaint is the focus of High and low beams. Though it is bright, it is too short. Has anybody found success in adjusting the focus in Titanium trim (auto focus)?

Last edited by noopster : 12th June 2016 at 19:52. Reason: No high speed references please. Read or forum rules before proceeding
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:03   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You should go over this thread from page 1 , normally official reviews are very elaborative but if you need any specific information , do ask here.
Nothing can replace an ownership thread, its each owners perspective about the product that matters to folks who are considering a purchase. Living day/night with the car under different driving conditions and experiences there of cant be matched with a Official Review thread.

My views. Request to existing owners please consider putting up a separate thread, unless the forum rules have changed while i was temporarily away from the forum. Its one way we as owners contribute to the group which provides wealth of information about almost everything under the sun.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 7th June 2016 at 14:04.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:18   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My views. Request to existing owners please consider putting up a separate thread, unless the forum rules have changed while i was temporarily away from the forum.

No Rules have changed , if you would have gone through this thread in details you will find lots of small reviews as well queries being answered besides I can think of one thread by fellow member dockap

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...anium-4x4.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-32.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3975332

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3971399
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 12:04   #759
BHPian

There is a White 3.2 Titanium available Ex-Stock at Kavish Ford Mumbai if anyone is interested. Received a call from them. They aren't aware that I have gone ahead with Bhavna Ford with Golden Bronze. He will revert about Golden Bronze too
Old 10th June 2016, 09:43   #760
BHPian

Minor updates:

1. Changed High Beam bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker HB3 - INR 2.5 k a pair - Light is a tad whiter and brighter. Much longer throw.
2. Changed Fog Lamps to Philips H8 INR 1300 a pair (Osram is obscenely expensive at 3.5k a pair) - whiter light - No significant change in brightness. But goes well with Xenon Low Beams.
3. Changing Rear Number plates to Osram LED T10 (W5W) 6000Kelvin - INR 860 a pair - Awaiting bulbs from Amazon - Philips is almost twice the price at INR 1500

Questions:

1. Anyone know a good mat set for the Truck? Given this is a new model, there are no brands with Endeavour specific fit. The OEM mats supplied are not too good for rains and slush. Also the middle hump is not covered.
2. What is the exact run-in period and limits on RPM/Speed?

Last edited by nareshtrao : 10th June 2016 at 09:45.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 11:45   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Minor updates:

1. Changed High Beam bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker HB3 - INR 2.5 k a pair - Light is a tad whiter and brighter. Much longer throw.
====

Try Aliexpress and search for Ford Everest. Lot of accessories including mats.
Old 10th June 2016, 13:14   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Try Aliexpress and search for Ford Everest. Lot of accessories including mats.
AliExpress for some reason has all accessories for LHD vehicles. Could not find one set that fits Australia spec or India/South Africa spec cars which are RHD.

Speaking of AliExpress, I picked up a 18000 MAh Car Jump Starter from them. Good accessory for a car this size. Expecting delivery in a few weeks as the shipment is from Europe.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 10th June 2016 at 13:16.
Old 10th June 2016, 23:54   #763
BHPian

Tried my first off-road drive (Sand mode) today at Rameswaram. The pro (my Truck) took care of everything to make sure the Rookie (Myself ) didn't get struck anywhere and get disappointed.

I took along a Hotelier friend who is quite experienced (had a Mahindra Thar previously) and have done a lot of sand driving in those terrains. He was surprised to see the way how my truck handled with ease. He said he had seen Fortuners, Pajero Sport and even a Q7 struggling in few stretches where my truck just like that glided through. I was able to do some steep climbs too where he said he wasn't able to do even with his Mahindra Thar with MT tires.

The only climb the Truck struggled was where there was very loose sand and even then it might have done well if it was driven by a little more experienced person than me. Of course it just struggled for a second and did not get struck. Below is the place where it struggled a bit with it's tyre marks.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160610_180706min.jpg

Harshavarthan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 21:14   #764
BHPian

So just figured out that in Rock, low.. you can switch to manual and upshift from 1st to 2nd and then possibly on to third... helps a lot in some loose sandy terrain like above.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 09:32   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Minor updates:

2. Changed Fog Lamps to Philips H8 INR 1300 a pair (Osram is obscenely expensive at 3.5k a pair) - whiter light - No significant change in brightness. But goes well with Xenon Low Beams.
3. Changing Rear Number plates to Osram LED T10 (W5W) 6000Kelvin - INR 860 a pair - Awaiting bulbs from Amazon - Philips is almost twice the price at INR 1500

Questions:

1. Anyone know a good mat set for the Truck? Given this is a new model, there are no brands with Endeavour specific fit. The OEM mats supplied are not too good for rains and slush. Also the middle hump is not covered.
Hi Naresh,
I bought the regular clear plastic mats to put inside the truck. Dealer cut the middle one to fit nicely on the bumb.

Btw. Could you please let me know where you got the bulbs and most importantly where you got it fitted?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks