Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 22:49   #811
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

The bumpiness could have been over inflated tires. Many dealers fill tire pressure to 35 when recommend pressure is 30 psi. Anything over 32 will start to feel the undulations on the road.
Old 30th June 2016, 22:56   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
The bumpiness could have been over inflated tires. Many dealers fill tire pressure to 35 when recommend pressure is 30 psi. Anything over 32 will start to feel the undulations on the road.
I was feeling the bumpiness on the driver's seat. Infact, it was more bumpier than a Santro .
My kid who was sitting on the third row was getting thrown around as well. I thought that it could be over inflated tires or insufficient number of people on board.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 30th June 2016 at 22:59.
Old 1st July 2016, 10:45   #813
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
My kid who was sitting on the third row was getting thrown around as well.
It actually is a bumpy ride, irrespective of the tire pressure (within limits of course) and the third row is indeed a bouncy place to be in.
The middle row is also pretty close to the floor, adding to the discomfort on bad roads with undulations.
Old 1st July 2016, 17:06   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
My patience is really running out now. I was promised delivery by June end but no intimation whatsoever from the dealer.
I have started having concerns about the reliability and quality of after sales here.
My Rep has pleaded not to cancel the booking.
My father is pretty decided on cancelling as he is sick of waiting for so long...
I am in the exact same situation.I had booked a white 3.2 Titanium on 18th January and was promised delivery by the last week of February,well its July now and still no sign of our car.
Now if they would have delivered the car even till the end of March we would have taken it in a heartbeat but as the time is passing by we are having some substantial doubts about the car.
Firstly,is this how the aftersales experience will also be?
A minor shunt/problem and the car sitting at the dealer's for weeks due to unavailability of parts.
Secondly,the previous Endeavour didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire and we would hardly see one around in the streets.So how will the resale value will be affected?
Third,there are concerns about the vehicles reliability.

I had discussed my concerns with my brother in Raipur who owns an automotive repair shop and has a sound knowledge of cars.According to him-
He strongly advised me to stay away from Ford as he had seen instances where the old Endeavours would at the dealer's due to delay in arrival of spares and the owner had to eventually sell the vehicle out of frustration as the niggles were never properly sorted.
He said that it was very hard to sell the old Endeavour and had seen instances of Endeavours sitting at the secondhand dealer's yard for months with no takers.

So,at this point my father is very much in favour of ditching the Endeavour and either go for the Crysta or wait for the new Fortuner to arrive,just for reference,my family has a 06' Innova and a '13 Fortuner and are thoroughly set in the "Toyota way"

So, my question is that,is Ford still that bad?
Have they made any progress?
How has the experience of the more recent Ford(Ecosport,Figo etc) customers been?

Regards,
Abhishek
Old 1st July 2016, 17:16   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
I am in the exact same situation.I had booked a white 3.2 Titanium on 18th January and was promised delivery by the last week of February,well its July now and still no sign of our car.
Now if they would have delivered the car even till the end of March we would have taken it in a heartbeat but as the time is passing by we are having some substantial doubts about the car.
A minor shunt/problem and the car sitting at the dealer's for weeks due to unavailability of parts.
Secondly,the previous Endeavour didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire and we would hardly see one around in the streets.So how will the resale value will be affected?

I had discussed my concerns with my brother in Raipur who owns an automotive repair shop and has a sound knowledge of cars.According to him-
He strongly advised me to stay away from Ford as he had seen instances where the old Endeavours would at the dealer's due to delay in arrival of spares and the owner had to eventually sell the vehicle out of frustration as the niggles were never properly sorted.
He said that it was very hard to sell the old Endeavour and had seen instances of Endeavours sitting at the secondhand dealer's yard for months with no takers.

So,at this point my father is very much in favour of ditching the Endeavour and either go for the Crysta or wait for the new Fortuner to arrive,just for reference,my family has a 06' Innova and a '13 Fortuner and are thoroughly set in the "Toyota way"

So, my question is that,is Ford still that bad?
Have they made any progress?
How has the experience of the more recent Ford(Ecosport,Figo etc) customers been?

Regards,
Abhishek

Ford is not as bad as it was. The Endeavour is a CKD so quality should be better than the other models by Ford.

My Dealer has a Black and White 3.2 Titanium and can have it delivered within 10 days but I refused as that is not my preference.

If it suits you, I can provide details
Old 1st July 2016, 22:36   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
This sounds a lil surprising. I got the car in 2 months 10 days, I know few fellow Bhpians who got it delivered in the range of 2- 3 months. 6 Months is puzzling.So have you escalated to ford ? Who is the dealer and what is their excuse ?

Quote:
My experience is that, dealers are going that extra mile to keep an Endeavor customer in good spirits.Old Endevour was not a bench mark for any specific parameters of an SUV.New vehicle is a different game and there are enough reviews out there to support that.

Quote:
Boy.. haven't we heard umpteen similar horror stories for most manufacturers ? For that matter any car can sit at the second hand dealer's untill it finds the right buyer.
Yes, resale value is something which may be low, but most of the buyers of these vehicles buy it, being unambiguously clear that they want it and may be willing to take a hit while selling.You could always get that one customer who was looking for this used car and willing to pay.

Long term reliability of this car is still an open question and unfortunately we don't have an option to find it out either.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:33   #817
BHPian

Now I have been driving the 3.2 Titanium for a month and driven it on highways , jam pack Mumbai roads and some fun off roading.

It is an excellent car. I had outlander for 6 years. Wanted to buy the same car but Mitsubishi is selling it no more.

I felt the difference of the petrol and diesel car for initial couple of hours and now I love this car. The power , the dominance on the road and the comfort inside is
Last couple of post are more of apprehensions than the first time experience.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:40   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Now I have been driving the 3.2 Titanium for a month and driven it on highways , jam pack Mumbai roads and some fun off roading.

It is an excellent car. I had outlander for 6 years. Wanted to buy the same car but Mitsubishi is selling it no more.

I felt the difference of the petrol and diesel car for initial couple of hours and now I love this car. The power , the dominance on the road and the comfort inside is
Last couple of post are more of apprehensions than the first time experience.

Which colour did you opt for buddy? How long did delivery take? Did you purchase it through SC or Bhavna? The product is a winner no doubt about that but yes apprehensions are there when you invest close to 40 lakhs in any car..
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:15   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Which colour did you opt for buddy? How long did delivery take? Did you purchase it through SC or Bhavna? The product is a winner no doubt about that but yes apprehensions are there when you invest close to 40 lakhs in any car..
Hi

I went for the most popular in their stable the sunset red. I am usually a fan of a grey or lighter shades. When we went for test drive and the look in the show room ,they had the red on display.

We liked the color. There was no first hand feel of the other color pallets except on the brochure. So as a family we went ahead with red. Now using it for a month, it is a nice color and shades change with the ambient light impacts. We have fallen in love with this color.

I booked it on 24 Jan got the delivery on 2 June. It was painful and with no support from the dealership. I got it through SC Ford.

I stay in Goregaon East and will be happy to answer any queries if I have experienced it first hand.
Shamsher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:39   #820
BHPian

Had a Quick Question. If you do switch off the SUV in a certain Mode on TMS and then restart the car, does that mode get reactivated or do we need to switch back to Normal and then reselect the desired mode?

Autocar India confirmed that Volvo is activating Radar Based safety systems on the XC90 after Frequency Spectrums were opened up by the government. They were simply deactivated on the XC90 and a simple update would activate them.

The Everest / Endeavour does have Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Cross Traffic Alert. Could it be it is simply deactivated on the Indian Cars and can be activated once Ford Buys some Frequencies or are these missing all together on our kits?

Last edited by kimianks : 3rd July 2016 at 00:04.
Old 3rd July 2016, 10:43   #821
BHPian

Even I was curious to know this. They have done almost a similar thing with the navigation and kept that with them.
Any technical minds at work ?
Old 5th July 2016, 09:36   #822
BHPian

One niggle:

1) the Audio system works fine, but does not tune to 94.3 and 95.0 channels in hyd. Even if I manually set, it automatically goes to other channels after few seconds. I tried checking the owners manual and did not figure out a solution. Anyone else faced the problem ?

And did anyone figure out how to adjust the headlamp leveling ? The service center guy is clueless so i am not going to pursue that further with him.
Old 5th July 2016, 10:20   #823
BHPian

Go to settings in FM and deselect automatic switching to better network. I faced the same problem and sorted it out only a week back.

About headlight levelling, I'm clueless too. Finding it very difficult at highways.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 12:18   #824
BHPian

Quote:
The Everest / Endeavour does have Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Cross Traffic Alert. Could it be it is simply deactivated on the Indian Cars and can be activated once Ford Buys some Frequencies or are these missing all together on our kits?
The test vehicle that I drove showed me a forward collision warning - has Ford disabled these on recently customer-delivered cars?
Old 5th July 2016, 12:35   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
The test vehicle that I drove showed me a forward collision warning - has Ford disabled these on recently customer-delivered cars?
I think that's the proximity sensor not the collision warning. The forward collision warning works similar to this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/08/f...ke-support-sy/

SuperFlyBoy, let me know if that's not case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks