Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 10:33   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I wrote to them too. They sent me a response that no product currently available. They also asked me to fill a New Product Requisition form which I did.
I got a response too stating they do not have one.
When I faced a similar situation, K&N local dealer helped me for Scorpio which doesn't have one for the mHawk 6 years ago. They sliced the bottom of the rubber edges a bit and made it a perfect fit for another vehicle's (Could be lancer's which I do not remember).

I think showing the current filter might help to find something closer and if it is possible to slice, we can slice and use. I will be trying this in next few weeks.

BTW, Any other useful accessories? I just added one HUD, Noodle mats and a custom stitched PVC mat for the entire back floor to carry cycles or rough loads to keep the rear seat backsides safe.

Any good read guards? Thank you.
Old 23rd July 2016, 20:57   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
I hope you have referred to my post on this topic (Link Below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4009982

The pictures in my above mentioned post shows how a proper HID beam should look like and how a faulty one would look like.

First you need to park your vehicle facing a clean wall and turn ON the HID's to check if you have a misaligned HID (Most probably you have one).

In case of one of the headlights is misaligned, the overlap between the light patterns is not to the full extent and the only a a small overlapping area in front of the car gets properly illuminated (Picture 1 Below ) and hence the reduced range.
According to my experience, in case of a Faulty headlamp there is nothing much you can do about, since even if you adjust the alignment manually it goes back to the faulty alignment the next time the car is turned OFF and ON.I had to replace my right headlight under warranty and my left one too needs replacement now.

However if you still wish to give the manual alignment a try, try turning the white plastic screw visible in picture 2.The directions too are etched on the black plastic area.( U / D)

I suggest that you visit your dealer with these details and get the headlamps checked.Also insist on a comparison with a stock vehicle if they act smart.I believe more feedback on this issue would make FORD more alert.My SA says FORD has already given them a heads up on this.
(You are right about OSRAM NB, they are for high beams, but with a faulty headlamp even the high beam would be focused downwards.)
Thanks a lot pajero4me, I checked out the lamps, as you pointed out, I have a mis-aligned headlamp issue (attached pic). I have called up the service center, they first refused to acknowledge, now they are sending someone to check it out tomorrow. will keep the thread posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-light.png  

Old 24th July 2016, 09:35   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks a lot pajero4me, I checked out the lamps, as you pointed out, I have a mis-aligned headlamp issue (attached pic). I have called up the service center, they first refused to acknowledge, now they are sending someone to check it out tomorrow. will keep the thread posted.
Keen to know which dealer this is. We have seen different levels of skills and support across and hence asking. Is this in Bangalore or anywhere else?

Also let know when the final assessment is done and action thereon. Thanks.
Old 24th July 2016, 10:13   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Do you hear any "trr" "kat" type noise when the ignition is on, when the headlights try to adjust the level automatically at start up ? Keep the headlight switch in the auto mode and test.

In addition, if the alignment cannot be adjusted with the screw, it will be replaced. The Koito auto leveling beams on some of the cars are faulty and Ford is replacing with no questions asked. Don't worry about it.

I swapped the Philips headlight bulb with the OSRAM HB3. The improvement in light throw is noticeable. So far so good. Replacing the headlight bulb is pretty easy.
Old 24th July 2016, 10:39   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Keen to know which dealer this is. We have seen different levels of skills and support across and hence asking. Is this in Bangalore or anywhere else?

Also let know when the final assessment is done and action thereon. Thanks.
This is Elite Ford in Bangalore, will keep posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Do you hear any "trr" "kat" type noise when the ignition is on, when the headlights try to adjust the level automatically at start up ? Keep the headlight switch in the auto mode and test.

In addition, if the alignment cannot be adjusted with the screw, it will be replaced. The Koito auto leveling beams on some of the cars are faulty and Ford is replacing with no questions asked. Don't worry about it.

I swapped the Philips headlight bulb with the OSRAM HB3. The improvement in light throw is noticeable. So far so good. Replacing the headlight bulb is pretty easy.
I haven't noticed any noise, will check it out.
how would we know if the auto leveling beam is faulty?, most of the service people have no clue.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th July 2016 at 12:21.
Old 24th July 2016, 11:19   #876
BHPian

Quote:
how would we know if the auto leveling beam is faulty?, most of the service people have no clue.
Be stern with the service guys, plus they are not doing any favor. Its a product fault and they have to fix it.

1) Follow the steps listed down by pajero4me to align the headlight.
2) The faulty lamp will never get aligned or even it gets aligned, it will get misaligned quickly.
3) Get the unit replaced.

If current service center guys are acting smart, please go to another dealer or call the Ford customer care.
Old 24th July 2016, 11:37   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Be stern with the service guys, plus they are not doing any favor. Its a product fault and they have to fix it.

1) Follow the steps listed down by pajero4me to align the headlight.
2) The faulty lamp will never get aligned or even it gets aligned, it will get misaligned quickly.
3) Get the unit replaced.

If current service center guys are acting smart, please go to another dealer or call the Ford customer care.
Thank you. Service guy is coming in this evening, will keep you posted.
Old 24th July 2016, 12:35   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Do you hear any "trr" "kat" type noise when the ignition is on, when the headlights try to adjust the level automatically at start up ?
This is right sunish, one gets to hear the "trr" sound when key is turned to ON, it's consistent and loud.stand near the headlight and get someone turn the key ON to listen.But this goes away once we try to manually adjust, and then on there is only a mild tremble and noticeable when you look at the headlight while they do self check.
Quote:
Above mentioned is the way to confirm that it's faulty. From the photograph, yours is faulty, same as what I have now

Last edited by pajero4me : 24th July 2016 at 12:37.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 00:04   #879

Does anyone have online link or soft copy of the user manual of the Endy? Any help here will be appreciated.
Old 25th July 2016, 00:42   #880
BHPian

Friends

I tried this and it may help. When you switch on the light inside a parking it automatically adjusts as per the surroundings. As we proceed to the highway it is not appropriate.

Yesterday while driving on the Pune express way , I switched the lights off and then switched it on and I found it much better. Has any one else tried it?

I need some advise on the tow rope. I ordered one from Amazon and when it reached me , I tried to test fit on the front and rear rope hook. The rope hook did not fit in on the loop provided Any idea what specific size should I order ?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
Does anyone have online link or soft copy of the user manual of the Endy? Any help here will be appreciated.

Yes I have it. Will share it tomorrow. Admin - is it ok to share or should I send on personal mail ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2016 at 09:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Old 25th July 2016, 09:18   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot pajero4me, I checked out the lamps, as you pointed out, I have a mis-aligned headlamp issue (attached pic).
This is really not misaligned. With HID you intentionally have the drivers side beam cut off slightly lower than the opposing side so as to not blind oncoming traffic, the opposing side beam also is supposed to have a longer throw. That zig / dip line is perfectly normal. Also the reason when you search for or purchase aftermarket headlight units, they are marked as RHD or LHD units.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...stems_and_why/
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 09:40   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
Does anyone have online link or soft copy of the user manual of the Endy?
Ford provides the manuals in PDF format (16 MB) and for online viewing at their Ford India Owner's site.

I'd recommend you also register on that site if you have a Ford car, as it gives you access to Sync updates, allows you to check for recalls (called FSA: Field Service Action in Ford-speak), etc. Note that you don't have to register there if all you want is the owner's manual, you can still download/view the manuals without registering.
Old 25th July 2016, 10:12   #883
BHPian

I have brought my truck to ford service for head light replacement. These guys have agreed to replace it without even checking it as they have already changed it for two Endeavours. But they want me to leave the vehicle for two days in service center as they have to take lot of photographs and share it with Ford India in hotline and only after confirmation from them, they can place an order for a new headlight assembly.

Was it the same procedure for those who changed it?
And how long did it take for the entire procedure?

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 25th July 2016 at 10:13.
Old 25th July 2016, 10:25   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Friends

I tried this and it may help. When you switch on the light inside a parking it automatically adjusts as per the surroundings. As we proceed to the highway it is not appropriate.

Yesterday while driving on the Pune express way , I switched the lights off and then switched it on and I found it much better. Has any one else tried it?

I need some advise on the tow rope. I ordered one from Amazon and when it reached me , I tried to test fit on the front and rear rope hook. The rope hook did not fit in on the loop provided Any idea what specific size should I order ?

Thanks.

Yes I have it. Will share it tomorrow. Admin - is it ok to share or should I send on personal mail ?
hi

I am not able to upload it as the file size 24 MB and is way beyond the upload limit .
Old 25th July 2016, 10:33   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
This is really not misaligned. With HID you intentionally have the drivers side beam cut off slightly lower than the opposing side so as to not blind oncoming traffic, the opposing side beam also is supposed to have a longer throw. That zig / dip line is perfectly normal. Also the reason when you search for or purchase aftermarket headlight units, they are marked as RHD or LHD units.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...stems_and_why/
It is indeed mis-aligned. The 'cut off' / 'dip' on both headlights should coincide. In the discussions what we are having here we are talking about a situation in which both headlights are differently aligned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I have brought my truck to ford service for head light replacement. These guys have agreed to replace it without even checking it as they have already changed it for two Endeavours. But they want me to leave the vehicle for two days in service center as they have to take lot of photographs and share it with Ford India in hotline and only after confirmation from them, they can place an order for a new headlight assembly.

Was it the same procedure for those who changed it?
And how long did it take for the entire procedure?
Yes they would need photographs to be taken.But normally they would let you go after clicking the photograph and downloading an ECU error log. Since this part is normally not stocked by dealers, You may have to visit again once the part arrives.

With the part available, It takes about 2 hours to fix it. Front grill + section of the fender needs to be opened.. But two days ? Definitely not required.

Last edited by pajero4me : 25th July 2016 at 10:36.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed