Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 01:21   #916
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Thanks buddy. Mine was booked in April so was quite a wait. Going to give the GM a call tomorrow about the Delivery Experience.

Yes doing the Paint Protection Film for the whole car ( barring the roof ), 5 years Anti-Rust, Total Car Care Package, Front Windshield Sun-film. Hes doing Silencer Coating, Nomad Mats and 2 extra Interior treatments for free.

They need to 2 days for the Film. Car was taken in for a wash first then the coats post which Film is put

Quite an extensive work. Pl share your experience. I am planning some of those. Mainly the paint protection coating and not the film and the anti rust. I had taken to the 3M guy at Borivalli and he told me sir take it on a roll for 6 months and come back to us. We will do it then. The main reason he gave was the car is adequately protected and treated for anti rust. After 6 months or so when the weather and abuse from the daily wash start to show effect the treatment will be good.

I don't know how true the statement is but I somehow trusted him. How many Salesmen will turn the business out from their doorstep.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:40   #917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys!

. GPS Tracker Installation & Registration is scheduled at the Service Centre on Friday evening.

Hi. Could you please share some details of the GPS tracker please and where one can get this from?

Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:44   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi. Could you please share some details of the GPS tracker please and where one can get this from?

Thanks
I purchased it from the Dealership. Have the Installation of the same tomorrow at the Service Centre. Will update soon.
Old 4th August 2016, 14:39   #919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I purchased it from the Dealership. Have the Installation of the same tomorrow at the Service Centre. Will update soon.
Thanks. Look forward to hearing more about this. I recall an old thread on someone's Q7 having this installed and it was taken by the showroom for a midnight joyride. Interested to know that dealerships are also offering such products now because the after market offerings are likely to impact warranty I think.
Old 4th August 2016, 15:23   #920
BHPian

Quote:
How much is the cost? Keen to know as I had heard some exorbitant numbers earlier.

Which brand is this and what app it comes with?

Last edited by nareshtrao : 4th August 2016 at 15:32.
Old 4th August 2016, 18:08   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Pics attached.
Congrats kimianks, this is such a refreshingly different colour and first on the forum I guess. Wishing you many happy miles in your new Endeavour.

Looking forward to a detailed report (with lots of pics) from you on the work done at 3M

Cheers
Uday
Old 5th August 2016, 16:15   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Mine was booked in April so was quite a wait. Going to give the GM a call tomorrow about the Delivery Experience.

Yes doing the Paint Protection Film for the whole car ( barring the roof ), 5 years Anti-Rust, Total Car Care Package, Front Windshield Sun-film. Hes doing Silencer Coating, Nomad Mats and 2 extra Interior treatments for free.

They need to 2 days for the Film. Car was taken in for a wash first then the coats post which Film is put
Congrats on the purchase, Welcome to the family..

Paint protection film for the whole car ?? That's going to cost a Bomb right ? What is the quote ?
Also kindly post some close up pictures of the finish, especially pictures of film on the bonnet curves.

Last edited by pajero4me : 5th August 2016 at 16:17.
Old 5th August 2016, 18:38   #923
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

Paint protection film for the whole car ?? That's going to cost a Bomb right ? What is the quote ?
Also kindly post some close up pictures of the finish, especially pictures of film on the bonnet curves.
yes please let us know the cost and some finished pictures.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:05   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

I can share the rough cost as I got Both Bumpers and Bonnet done. It's around Rs. 512 per sq. ft. and the cost for just the above was around 50 K. Adding all 4 doors and Rear Quarter Panels would have added another 60 to 70 K.

I got it done here at 3M Koramangala.

While the Bumpers are well done, the bonnet which cost over 25K is a very shoddy job. The stretch marks are visible throughout and I have told the franchise that I will need a replacement. Just that I have not had the time to get this done.

I will personally recommend staying away from 3M Film job on the body panels. Don't burn money - instead get the paint protection treatment done.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 19:46   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
The average fuel consumption for past 4500 kms is 9.8 kms in my 3.2AT which includes Superfast highway drives, Leisure cruising, Bumber to bumber City traffic, Hill drives, Rock crawling for around 70-80 kms at single digit speeds, Beach sand dune driving for around 20 kms and mostly around 70% in regular two lane highway with moderate traffic.
Maximum I got was upto 13 kms @ 90km/hr under cruise control.
So GMC calls me about my mileage complaint, books me an appointment with Chennai Ford Amateur. I drove there on Thursday and was immediately attended to. First they checked the system for any faults, when none were found they reset the PCM and then asked me take it with a senior tech for a milage check drive. This involves filling up fuel, resetting the trip and setting of on a 100km drive between 8-100kmph. The car immediately seemed to drive better, and when the test was completed we refilled fuel to manually check the mileage and it had given me 13/litre. The trip calculated at 12/litre. Totally great surprise for me. Having got 6/7 earlier. Perhaps I made a mistake. But resetting the PCM may have done the trick. Make sure they do it every service.

Also managed to chat with the senior tech quite a bit about the car over the drive. He did say a few cars had headlight leveling issues and that was the suppliers fault and they seem to have rectified it or plan to do free replacements for any related issues.

On upgrading the high beam on the 3.2 he said that in the case of the old FIFO, a lot of customers complained that their high beams weren't powerful, so the manufacturer started recommending a upgraded brand. But what happens was the intensity of the lamp was so great that the plastic clear lens in front started to melt and develop dark spots. So as a result, he says don't do a thing. Because you might much up the whole clear lens cover with a simple lamp upgrade. He even mentioned some lamps emit a certain vapour which will also and eventually lead to your the headlamp lens to deteriorate.

About fuel treatments he said that Ford fuel injectors and the fuel system is from Continental while most other manufacturers get their system from Delphi. Fuel treatments , engine flushes etc work well with Delphi but have no effect with continentals system because continentals doesn't degrade. Also he mentioned that continentals is up to 3 times the price of Delphis.

Till date they haven't encountered any major faults.

Vijaykanth, the actor turned politicians car, the new Ford endeavour, the first one ever given out, has just completed it's second service. That's some endeavour gossip for you.

He also mentioned that over 110kph will increase fuel consumption, something to do with torque lock. Apparently over 110 it doesn't lock and fuel economy goes out the window. I thought it had something to do with air resistance and aerodynamics but I'm no engineer.

I also mentioned to the manager, Mr. Bala, who is totally helpful guy about the cleanliness of the car when delivered after 1st service. Well they delivered my car and it looked worse than when I had given it. He mentioned that they've received multiple complaints like this and as a result they've put together a special team to work and clean the car pre delivery just for the Ford Endeavour and pretty much all other high end cars. So that just include the mustang.

On the mustang, no deliveries till date. The service team has already been trained to a certain extent on the car and it's in the factory but sales and deliveries will happen once they roll it out nationwide. Strange, because I though they launched it a while ago.

Totally happy with the car. Perform off road and on road phenomenally.

I'm glad I turned down the ML for this. Won't hurt when I'm beating it about the bush and drives just as well.

Cheers
Valhalla1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 20:38   #926
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Guys,
after my very disappointing experience with replacing the headlamp leveling issues, below is what I sent to the service manager at Elite Ford Bnagalore...

------>>>
Thank you for spending lots of time to correct the issues, we have following issues pending which needs to be corrected immediately.

1. While replacing the Right Side headlamp, the top plastic panel above the chrome grill was pulled out and the hooks have broken, need replacement.

2. After Right hand side headlamp assembly was replaced, the auto leveling stopped working, need to fix (thanks for trying for a while to connect to the endevour control board for programming, which didn't work after several tries). please check with Ford technicians on the procedure so this can be completed in the next visit. It is not safe for other drivers on the road when the headlamp don't auto-level.

3. Most importantly need to replace the Left Headlamp assembly with the improved part now, as you have seen, the left headlamp has a very short throw compared to right headlamp (which was replaced with improved part)

4. Need to check the headlamp washer, it may have stopped working after the replacement.

5. Generally I was surprised that the technicians did not know how to replace the headlamp assembly and open the grill etc, also there seem to be a lack of even basic tools to work on the vehicle.

please place replacement orders ASAP so that I can get the replacement fixes by coming weekend.

Once again I am appreciative of your initiatives and continuous support, without which it was a total disappointment for a vehicle costing close 40 Lakhs.
--------------------
Even though Ford knows both headlamp assembly is faulty (attached is the picture of the part you can check out yourself to see if you need a replacement), they refused to replace both. above experience is with replacing Right Hand side one, now I have to wait for Left hand side one.

Very interesting to hear about the PCM re-set for bbetr fuel efficiency, I discussed about poor fuel efficiency in my car with the service GM, he said wait for second service. I think I must check about PCM reset.

btw. they could not connect to the car using their laptop and program connector even after trying for 15 to 20 times, service people claim some times it doesn't work (very curious to know from people who replace the headlamps, if there was re-programming done to re-setup the auto-leveler?)

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-oknotok-parts.png
clearly shows how to identify the improved headlamp assembly part (with sticker)

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-after-rhl-fix.png
Here is the beam with right side replacement, clearly left side beam is so low.

Also I had another issue, based on Team BHPian's recommendation, I bought the HB3 P900 Nigh breaker unlimited duo http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P9005-Night-Breaker-Unlimited/dp/B00FQ8ANVC
They shipped something else, attached picture.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-h5-bulb.png
original bulb with the wrapper of what was received from amazon (note H1 on the label).
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-amz.png
Here is the bulb I got from Amazon.
I have requested a replacement (with HB3) from Amazon.

Hope someone can clarify HB3 p9005 is what we need, original bulb from Ford shows H5.

Thanks again guys. having all these discussions and getting help and guidance is what makes team-bhp a great forum and team-bhpian's unique.

Last edited by sknair : 6th August 2016 at 20:48.
Old 6th August 2016, 20:43   #927

I had booked the Endeavour mid may and finally the car arrived yesterday. Got a PDI done today at HANS Ford, Chennai. Getting it delivered on wednesday post registration. I am not a great writer but will try my best and keep everyone posted once I get the car next week. I should definitely thank everyone on this thread.
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160806_141250.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160806_141306.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160806_141325.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2016 at 07:12. Reason: Several typos. Please take the time to proof read your posts before submitting them. Thanks!
ruff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 00:28   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi Guys,
2. After Right hand side headlamp assembly was replaced, the auto leveling stopped working, need to fix (thanks for trying for a while to connect to the endevour control board for programming, which didn't work after several tries). please check with Ford technicians on the procedure so this can be completed in the next visit. It is not safe for other drivers on the road when the headlamp don't auto-level.

5. Generally I was surprised that the technicians did not know how to replace the headlamp assembly and open the grill etc, also there seem to be a lack of even basic tools to work on the vehicle.

btw. they could not connect to the car using their laptop and program connector even after trying for 15 to 20 times, service people claim some times it doesn't work (very curious to know from people who replace the headlamps, if there was re-programming done to re-setup the auto-leveler?)

Hope someone can clarify HB3 p9005 is what we need, original bulb from Ford shows H5.

Thanks again guys. having all these discussions and getting help and guidance is what makes team-bhp a great forum and team-bhpian's unique.
Deja vu.. I think i know what you are talking about

Check the connectors behind the headlamps, there is apparently one for the leveling motor.Immediately after my recent replacement, the same behavior happened with mine as well. Immediately after replacement, the replaced headlamp didn't auto level and the good one then suddenly appeared to be faulty with it being focused downwards.After playing with the replaced headlamp for 15 minutes, the technician figured out that the connectors were not properly plugged in. Once they plugged it in properly the the auto-leveling started working and the other headlamp too started leveling properly. That's when i realized that apparently the leveling algorithm is slightly more complex than what i had assumed, may be that it also takes the level of the other headlight as an input parameter..

There was no programming that was done for auto leveling, not even sure if there exist any. At least my technician says so.

HB3 p9005 - is the right part, but my suggestion would be to refrain from upgrading till the headlight issue is settled. Not to give Ford the slightest chance to deny warranty.I fully acknowledge that this doesn't make any sense technically,But end of the day Ford is the Daddy.. So I downgraded them back to OEMs for the time being.

Last edited by pajero4me : 7th August 2016 at 00:58.
Old 8th August 2016, 00:36   #929
BHPian

Hi friends and experts ,

Need your advise on the following :

4D lamps of 20 watts as an accessory below the grills. The person recommending this claims it will have an even throw of 30ft and more.

My queries are :
: will it address the problem of low light and auto adjustment in the original kit
: Putting it as an accessory be any issue with warranty

Any feedback is welcome.

Regards
Shamsher
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Old 8th August 2016, 09:49   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys!

Went to Bhavna Ford Nerul for picking up my SUV. Still did it under Temporary Registration.
My sales rep's wife is taken ill and the Sales Head completed delivery formalities. Pretty mediocre the Delivery Experience to be honest.

Pics attached.
Nice to see one more person joining with me with Golden bronze (after missing Scorpio Java Brown with wife's choice of Purple 6 years ago). Many do not opt for this color, But I see people liked it when it is on the road. It is interesting to be different, correct?

Happy driving.

Most Viewed