Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 15:39   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
1) Paint Protection Film - barring the Roof and the Lights. Side Mirrors too since they are chrome. 262 sqft @ Rs. 532/- per sqft - Rs. 139384/-
Wow!

How much does the repaint for whole of Endy cost though?

And if there's a deep enough scrape does the remaining coat stay intact or it starts peeling off?
Old 9th August 2016, 16:00   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Wow!

How much does the repaint for whole of Endy cost though?

And if there's a deep enough scrape does the remaining coat stay intact or it starts peeling off?
I have no idea about a repaint mate haha

Nothing penetrates the film. That is a given. I saw an i20 having its film replaced and it had deep scratches all over. The Paint was protected and yes the Film Stayed. The Guy chose to have it taken out because the scratches weren't a pleasant sight to behold. The Lifespan of the film is approximately 5 years and I guess I would switch to a new vehicle by then.

A quick demo of the Product:

Last edited by kimianks : 9th August 2016 at 16:07.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:15   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea about a repaint mate haha
I just thought why wouldn't one get a complete repaint which should be for a similar cost. But then this investment takes care of the headache of matching paint etc. It does look pretty durable and using a hot blow dryer its back to its original shape in case of any issue. Pretty impressive eh!
Old 9th August 2016, 20:10   #949
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Friends ,

Attached is the throw from my headlights at low beam. Any suggestion on how to handle it. On road it looks too low.

Regards
Shamsher
I have posted an easy way to check if you require a headlight replacement. Please see the picture posted earlier of ok part and not ok part. The good ones have a sticker with an improved part id.
Old 10th August 2016, 11:58   #950
BHPian

Looks like even my headlights are misaligned.

My Ford Rep says the Right Side has to be lower.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160809_223229-2.jpg  

Old 10th August 2016, 12:02   #951
BHPian

Quote:

This is correct. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Don't mess with it till it actually goes bad.

Half those reps are so poor in their technical knowledge. Ask for a Master Technician to evaluate if ever in doubt. All cities have one or two Master Technicians. Else ask for a L3. Rest of the service center folks are all useless. Ask that Ford Rep if he has been trained on Endeavour and if yes, was it in Chennai or local hand holding by senior technician on the job.

p.s. Look like Abhilash and I both said the same thing together. Our posts crossed :-)

Last edited by nareshtrao : 10th August 2016 at 12:20.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:13   #952
BHPian

Quote:

Yours is perfectly fine. This is exactly how a perfectly working pair should look like.
Dont go back to the same rep, apparently he dosen't have a clue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Half those reps are so poor in their technical knowledge. Ask for a Master Technician to evaluate if ever in doubt. All cities have one or two Master Technicians. Else ask for a L3. Rest of the service center folks are all useless.
Fully agree, At present the lack of training & knowledge on Endevour is a real concern .

Last edited by pajero4me : 10th August 2016 at 12:21.
Old 10th August 2016, 14:09   #953
BHPian

Guys what about Tyre Pressures?

Ford has given me the same pressures mentioned on the Front Door which are pretty bizzare :

Low Load :

30 psi / 2.1 bar all across

Eco Load :

35 psi / 2.4 bar all across

Full Load :

35 psi / 2.4 bar for front, 45 psi / 3 bar for rear

Spare Tyre :

44 psi / 3 bar

Will be switching to Nitrogen soon.

my gearbox is pretty laggy and have informed Ford about the same. Mileage also hovering around 6 kmpl. Taking it tomorrow to the Service Centre for further checks

Last edited by kimianks : 10th August 2016 at 14:11.
Old 10th August 2016, 23:16   #954
BHPian

Just received my RC paper. At a loss of Words with the Number of Errors detected :

1) Endeavour 4X4 3.0L TDCI AT ( looks like earlier model printed )

2) Wheelbase - 2754 mm ( Brochure says 2850 )

3) Vehicle Description / Type of Body : New Saloon!! Really?

4) Number of Cylinders : 4 ( instead of 5 )

5) Father's Signature forged on the document

Spacing and Formatting all awry. :(

Sending the corrections tomorrow with the Ford Rep

Last edited by SDP : 10th August 2016 at 23:35. Reason: Removing irrelevant quoted post
Old 11th August 2016, 07:55   #955

Hi fellow BHPians,

I took delivery of my Endy on 6th, waited to test out the beast and its nooks and crannies before making this post.

Delivery experience: Bhavana Ford, nothing to talk about since I was used to the pampering by Toyota dealers. While it is dealer specific, Ford can do well to improve its sales and delivery experience like Toyota has mastered.

Registration: Was aware that Vashi RTO had issues in accepting registrations (niggles in their new IT system). Went with a choice number to have all my cars starting with 65. An sms and call to the RTO chief and was sorted with a number before the car came in.

Checks: Lights, bumper alignment, Roof leakage - no complaints yet

Straight from the showroom and a quick lunch took the beast where it is supposed to be - off roads (pics attached). Good control even without the differential lock...superb with the lock.

Car care: A full wash next day and 4 hours waxing with Collinate 476 and the Endy was back as new. Cut plastic mats for driver and co passenger ( for the rains) Dropped the last row to make space for impending trip over the weekend.

Accessories: Got the roof rail system imported. Will be installing after my first trip and closing down on the roof box to go with it.

Known issues: Auto Transmission lag in 1 and 2 gears - incorrect comparison with my Corolla 1.8 Petrol auto box . Current FE of 7.2 (not yet floored the accelerator - allowing the Size and fuel type to grow on me- max speed of 90 as yet).

Queries: Could not find any mention on run in. Am aware these days cars do not come with mandated run in period, but any suggestions appreciated.

The tyre pressure bit suggested by Ford is tad confusing, so checking for experiences.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:27   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys what about Tyre Pressures? .....my gearbox is pretty laggy and have informed Ford about the same. Mileage also hovering around 6 kmpl. Taking it tomorrow to the Service Centre for further checks
I think the sweet spot will be a pressure between 30 and 35 psi. It is something you can deduce in a few weeks by trial and error. Really depends on how you like your suspension, the roads you frequent and the load in the car.

Dont worry about the lag on the AT unit. It learns based on the driving pattern. So, a bit of lag during the initial run-in when we take it easy is normal.
Old 11th August 2016, 11:00   #957

Just in: the prices of Endeavour have been increased effective all deliveries today. 70k on 3.2 titanium so effective increase post tax is 98k ex Navi Mumbai
Old 11th August 2016, 16:45   #958
BHPian

In Bangalore there is big increase by almost 1Lac for 3.2 Titanium

Atleast they should provide the existing prices for the existing bookings and increase the price for any new booking.
Old 11th August 2016, 17:01   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
Just in: the prices of Endeavour have been increased effective all deliveries today. 70k on 3.2 titanium so effective increase post tax is 98k ex Navi Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

Atleast they should provide the existing prices for the existing bookings and increase the price for any new booking.
I am getting a strong hunch that the New Fortuner is going to be atleast 1 or 2 Lakhs more expensive than Endy and that Ford would have got some insider information regarding the same... Hence this transgression
Old 11th August 2016, 17:01   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

Any idea what the on road price in Bangalore is?

Most Viewed