Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 10:26   #1021
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
We can disable it. But what is the point? It should give an instant beep. Please post your experience.

ALSO - I see the AC recycle button automatically deactivated, and I have to press each time. I NEVER like to allow outside air, and always prefer recycling. Why in the world there is a physical button when it is getting off when the engine if office. I believe it is a fault.! Do you have similar issue? Could you please check? - I will also go to A.S.S.

If you switch off the AC Auto mode button , this problem will stop.
drjones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 12:17   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
If you switch off the AC Auto mode button , this problem will stop.
Yes, I just played around and found it a particular solution. Why can't auto mode have recycling? It's a puzzle to me. :-)
Old 25th August 2016, 12:43   #1023
BHPian

Guys how should you shut an AC Vent? There are no controls to disable the Vent. Is it on the Touchscreen?
Old 25th August 2016, 12:57   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Guys how should you shut an AC Vent? There are no controls to disable the Vent. Is it on the Touchscreen?
Its easy.

Can you see the knob where the red line is pointing ? Just push that down (which will semi close the vent) and then in that position, please slide it to the right or left (depending on the side) and the vent closes completely. Hope this helps.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-capture.jpg
Old 25th August 2016, 18:01   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I just played around and found it a particular solution. Why can't auto mode have recycling? It's a puzzle to me. :-)
Auto mode too has recycling. When the the set temperature is lower than external temperature the ventilator closes(recycle mode) in order to avoid hot air from entering the cabin. When the exterior temperature is cooler, the ventilator is turned open in order to bring the cabin temperature lower faster.The Ventilator open / close can be manually overridden if necessary even in auto mode. Till then it is based on the external temp / internal temp algorithm.(Ventilator open/close decision has air quality monitoring sensor too as input parameter in some cars, not sure about Endy though)

Last edited by pajero4me : 25th August 2016 at 18:04.
pajero4me is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 20:03   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Auto mode too has recycling. When the the set temperature is lower than external temperature the ventilator closes(recycle mode) in order to avoid hot air from entering the cabin. When the exterior temperature is cooler, the ventilator is turned open in order to bring the cabin temperature lower faster.The Ventilator open / close can be manually overridden if necessary even in auto mode. Till then it is based on the external temp / internal temp algorithm.(Ventilat or open/close decision has air quality monitoring sensor too as input parameter in some cars, not sure about Endy though)
You have explained it well. So, Its better to stay away from Auto, or whenever it goes to Auto, its better to check recycle button too.
Old 25th August 2016, 20:06   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
You have explained it well. So, Its better to stay away from Auto, or whenever it goes to Auto, its better to check recycle button too.
I have made it a habit to press Auto and Recycle as soon I switch on so that both stay on. That is an option.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:36   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I have made it a habit to press Auto and Recycle as soon I switch on so that both stay on. That is an option.
Yes, That is what I did today, and let it be a practice. :-)

I have a question about Auto gear S mode. Sorry.

Like we release accelerator and press clutch - Will it help same way in Auto-S Mode, when we engage +/- ?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:14   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, That is what I did today, and let it be a practice. :-)
After the PCM update, looks like the recycle button is working, that is, stays on recycle mode with auto on when restarting.

Check out the latest comparison in AU, endy vs Fortuner. Endeavor is the hands-down winner.
http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comp...22-gqyql4.html
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:41   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
After the PCM update, looks like the recycle button is working, that is, stays on recycle mode with auto on when restarting.

Check out the latest comparison in AU, endy vs Fortuner. Endeavor is the hands-down winner.
http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comp...22-gqyql4.html
//After the PCM update//

Is it something A.S.S has to do? Do they know it well or should I write Ford and inquire? Thanks for the info.

I do not know what makes Prado to be in the super luxury (or ultra pricey) SUV segment in India, while it is not the case in OZ. Endy is pricier in AU, But it is not the same as Prado in India which is >1C.
Old 26th August 2016, 18:46   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
//After the PCM update//

Is it something A.S.S has to do? Do they know it well or should I write Ford and inquire? Thanks for the info.
Yes, it would have to be done by the service person using a laptop and a connector module ( connects car to the Ford central server and checks for updates). I had posted a video earlier on how this is done.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 10:53   #1032
BHPian

The Ford Endeavour will do more numbers I believe from hereon. Jeep has announced Absurd Pricing for their Wrangler and Grand Cherokee!

Maybe Ford already had a heads up about this and went ahead with the Price hike.

So happy I already own a Masterpiece
Old 30th August 2016, 11:19   #1033

Wanted to share my off-roading experiences with the Endy who has been pleasantly surprising me at every nook and corner...

Sharing my off -roading experince with the Endy, who keeps pleasantly surprising me at every nook and corner.

The day I took delivery of the Endy, took the family for a initiation onto off-roading at the slush near seawood creek. since I was yet to get in terms with the machine did not push her. The Grass and loose soil mode worked perfectly. While there were certain high expectations and the Endy stood up to them all. Was a breeze. Most were surprised with me taking the car off the road on day one. My response - Take the car to where it belongs.

4 days later, took the Endy for a long trip Mumbai>Aurangabad>Gautala Sanctuary>Yawal Sanctaury>Nashik>Mumbai. At Yawal, we did some real off-roading with my entire cmaping gear in tow. Knee deep water, river crossings, deep slush, rock climbs - throw whatever and Endy manages it without the slightest hassle. Takes some sheen off the off-roading expereince really. Except for snow, managed to test all modes/ uphill, downhill, water wading. The icing on the cake was the mileage of 10.5kmpl for the trip of 1600 kms including the off roading

The best was last Sunday when the Endy made easy cake of the roads or the lack of it at Morbe. My friends were a bit surprised at the nimbleness and the can go anywhere mode of the Endy. We were clearly in places where people had not been before. Have attached pictures across these adventures.

In all her dirty slushy glory took her to office at BKC on Monday morning and the Endy made a joke of the Mumbai monsoon roads. Even in bad traffic, Endy was unruffled except for the incessant beeps and the jump of heart when a biker came too close on the sides.

My take on the Endy after completing 2000 kms in 3 weeks - Checks all the boxes be it on road (nimble, mileage, comfort) or off road (Can go anywhere without a hassle). My decision to go Endy over waiting or the new Fortuner stands valid.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1643.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1669.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1674.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1737.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1742.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1743.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1643.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1669.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1737.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1742.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1889.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1898.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1940.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1945.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1947.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1927.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2016 at 21:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged
maxsonlewis is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 10:26   #1034
BHPian

I'm going today for a PDI for the 3.2 Titanium model. Is there any specific things to look out for?
Old 31st August 2016, 14:03   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
I'm going today for a PDI for the 3.2 Titanium model. Is there any specific things to look out for?
Other than the general PDI check list,you should check for front bumper alignment and the headlamp allignment/level as some of the owners here have reported issues related to those two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks