Team-BHP - Ford Endeavour : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Endeavour : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/173334-ford-endeavour-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916172)
They could see the booking on the system and did have my details and also updated me that the deliveries for Titanium 3.2 would be max 60 days from booking or earlier.

I contacted the customer care last week and they said it will take 3 months from the day of booking (which is the day of launch in my case as I had booked it earlier). Don't know what has changed within a week:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail (Post 3916184)
Like i told you before in the other thread or this one, your booking has not been sent to ford from your dealer, else you would have got an email by now.

Agree. This part baffles me. I have no acknowledgement from Ford. However, their customer care could see me as a "customer" in the system database. Not sure what to make out of it. Anyone else who has booked and has no acknowledgement from Ford (mail or call)?

Amazing review. This SUV actually makes me question if I should have bought this instead of a GT. It's just that incredible. Nice clean modern lines. Not over styled but yet looks classy. And SUPERB pricing. I've said it before. This does put some pressure on toyota to get both Innova and all new fortuner price spot on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3915881)
Similarly, the SsangYong Rexton doesn't feature in the competitor's post as neither have we driven it nor is there any ownership report on Team-BHP.

Here is one Travelogue plus mini ownership review of the Rexton (as the OP himself has mentioned)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-rexton.html

Fantastic review and the review does full justice to the great product. Looks like Ford has a winner but the market leader (Fortuner) can't be written away so soon. Toyota must be working hard to keep their leadership, sounds like some exciting days ahead.

I'd certainly wait for a few months to see how the market responds to the competition. Ford is also known to offer huge discount as time passes by. Personally, I'd like to look again in another 6months or so.

One miss I found was, there is no 2.2L 4x4 Titanium AT. I can understand Ford wants to space out the variants and price them correctly, but I think this variant should be included as many buyers do want to go for the top-end. Anyone who is buying a ~30Lakh SUV, won't be too budget conscious and will not cut corner on features.

Also, Ford, when do you bring on the Blue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetfighter (Post 3916346)
One miss I found was, there is no 2.2L 4x4 Titanium AT.

Err, that as well, but I would ideally want a 3.2 MT Titanium, then we get talking :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomeoAlpha22 (Post 3916064)
You have mentioned about the "Electric Sunshade" buttons. But what exactly does it do. I might sound lame, as I have not heard much about this before and little anxious to know about it since we still have a ban on using Sun Film (restricted to visibility).

In many cars (eg. City, XUV500 etc.) which come with a sunroof, you get a manual sunshade which you slides forward. In the Endeavour it is electric i.e. there is a button to open / close the sunshade.

Quote:

And other thing is about the "Arm Rest Console". Is it Air Cooled like what we have in XUV. If not, it is a much needed feature for a vehicle at this cost. Swallowing a couple of 1 lt bottles and if it is Air Cooled!!!
No cooling function here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916288)
Agree. This part baffles me. I have no acknowledgement from Ford. However, their customer care could see me as a "customer" in the system database. Not sure what to make out of it. Anyone else who has booked and has no acknowledgement from Ford (mail or call)?

Their customer care can se any customer as a "customer" who enquired about Ford Endeavour. Dealer shares the data to the company :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail (Post 3916433)
Their customer care can se any customer as a "customer" who enquired about Ford Endeavour. Dealer shares the data to the company :)

This is a curious situation. Is it possible that Lathangi Ford has not yet booked in the Ford booking system for me? And that is why I do not have any formal mail from Ford yet.

While I have paid the booking amount of Rs. 1 Lakh, the sales rep has been asking me to release the rest of the money as well.

Is there a way I can find out the correct status? Does anyone on the forum here know what is the right approach? Appreciate any advice from the better informed and connected folks.

Excellent Review S2! Karan your video review and observations as an existing Fortuner owner were very helpful. Between the two of you, you have provide an awesome amount of detail.clap:

However here are a few things I believe Ford could have done better:
Competition like this and not the Trailblazer is good for the customer. The Trailblazer seems very poorly equipped in comparison. I am not sure of the Fortuner but Ford sure may have killed the Pajero Sport and Trailblazer in one go. I for one hope it has a serious effect on the Fortuner sales which will ensure sane pricing when the new Fortuner is launched and I dare say for the Innova Crysta as well (especially of the 2.8l AT). This will also ensure Toyota doesn't skimp on too many features from the international versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3914315)
I'm currently trying to steer my European sedan-drawn brother in the direction of the Endeavour :D.

I don't blame him! Heck he has access to one of the best sedans there is!:D. I am curious which one he has in mind though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 3916292)
This does put some pressure on toyota to get both Innova and all new fortuner price spot on.

100% agreed with this. A long shot but probably the pricing of the new Superb may also be influenced by it. Toyota has its pricing task cut out and will definitely not be able to run away with the pricing. I am on the look out for an automatic 7 seater ever since a bought my Innova. Its a close fight between the Innova Crysta and Endeavour. Of course a lot depends on the features and price point of the Innova!

As it stands I want to buy the 3.2l 4x4 Titanium AT but the price point is beyond reach!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916172)
I happened to call Ford customer helpline today as I did not have any acknowledgement or confirmation of my booking. They could see the booking on the system and did have my details and also updated me that the deliveries for Titanium 3.2 would be max 60 days from booking or earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail (Post 3916184)
Like i told you before in the other thread or this one, your booking has not been sent to ford from your dealer, else you would have got an email by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916288)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916436)
This is a curious situation. Is it possible that Lathangi Ford has not yet booked in the Ford booking system for me? And that is why I do not have any formal mail from Ford yet.

Is there a way I can find out the correct status? Does anyone on the forum here know what is the right approach? Appreciate any advice from the better informed and connected folks.

I booked last weekend here and even I haven't received an email like Sumitb. What I have received after I chased them is this:

Are we being had by the dealer?

Pathetic sales managers at Bhavna Ford Nerul. After confirming 3 times ( besides scheduling 2 days ago ) for a TD today for the 3.2L Titanium I left for Nerul in Navi Mumbai with 2 other serious buyers only to be informed halfway that the Panvel dealership Manager took the car away. Nerul is almost a 2 hour drive away and Panvel another 45 minutes. They had Trend for a TD and display! Livid with anger I told the manager to never call me again and disconnected

Unprofessional behaviour and lack of ethics! And such attitude is displayed for a car worth 35 lakhs on-road in Mumbai!

Why can't Ford India make available Test Drive vehicles across all dealerships?

Why doesn't Ford have full fledged Ford Dealerships in Mumbai proper?

Why do dealerships display such callous attitude in handling potential customers?

Ford India talks big about improving customer experiences but need to "walk the talk".

Todays experience was almost the deal breaker for me. I have lodged a complaint on the Toll Free Helpline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atthewheel (Post 3916498)
I booked last weekend here and even I haven't received an email like Sumitb. What I have received after I chased them is this:

Attached is a dealer confirmation, not booking acknowledgement from Ford. Once Ford receives the booking, they would send an email confirming the booking. You should send an email to Ford customer care attaching your booking receipt from dealer and copying the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3916556)
Attached is a dealer confirmation, not booking acknowledgement from Ford. Once Ford receives the booking, they would send an email confirming the booking. You should send an email to Ford customer care attaching your booking receipt from dealer and copying the dealer.

Looks like the attachment is missing. Could you please add again? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atthewheel (Post 3916498)

I wonder what is the process here. Looks like a streamlined system is missing. I am sure Ford is watching this thread too. Would they not be worried about the adverse publicity? And of course the cancellations that may follow due to this unprofessional experience. Does that worry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao (Post 3916567)
Looks like the attachment is missing. Could you please add again? Thanks.

I wonder what is the process here. Looks like a streamlined system is missing. I am sure Ford is watching this thread too. Would they not be worried about the adverse publicity? And of course the cancellations that may follow due to this unprofessional experience. Does that worry?

Why don't you just talk strong to the dealer and tell him you haven't received confirmation from FORD yet for your booking. And you want the booking to be made official. Else you want your money back.

I really find it baffling When ford officially started taking bookings on 21 january, how come certain dealers took booking from customers much before that and rotated that money in their business, imagine 20 bookings constitute 20 lakhs, and that they have used interest free for a good two months. And ford has done nothing to such dealers. Pathetic really. :Frustrati