Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 16:39   #1036
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Got the 10k kms service done. Bill of Rs. 3939 (Ford's website quote of Rs. 3875 )

Following were done:

1) Engine oil change
2) Oil filter
3) Topped up brake fluid, coolant, wiper wash fluid.
4) Checked alignment once again.

The service was completed in about 3 hours. Washing was not done purposely as its raining heavily here. So far so good.

Question - Ford service center is using Mobil oil and it looked so thin (similar to texture of cooking oil) Is that how it is ? The tech mentioned its semi-synthetic oil.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 31st August 2016 at 17:02.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 16:58   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Got the 10k kms service done. Bill of Rs. 3939 (lesser than Ford's website quote of Rs. 3875 )
I think the website quote is lower still (3939>3875) or is there a number jumble in your post?
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 17:00   #1038
BHPian

Dear sunishsamuel,

There seems to be a typographic error here: 3939<3875??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Got the 10k kms service done. Bill of Rs. 3939 (lesser than Ford's website quote of Rs. 3875 )
Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 17:03   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I think the website quote is lower still (3939>3875) or is there a number jumble in your post?
Sorry for the typo Ford quote is slightly lower than the service center bill. Corrected my post.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 31st August 2016 at 17:06.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 22:24   #1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Got these off Ali a while back. They fit decently well and cover the carpet right up to the edges in all three seat rows.Much better protection than the standard Endeavor carpet mats sold by the dealer.

Thanks for this link. Ordered them on Ali Express and the package duly arrived at home (Hongkong post and India Post) in 6 days flat. The mats fit perfect and intact are better than most that I saw, cover the seating well all through.

Went for the Red and Black to match the color of the car.

My suggestion to new Endy buyer. Save yourself the 10K spent on half mats provided by Ford and go for this set. The Endy will thank you for it...
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:59   #1041
BHPian

Will PCM be reset if the battery is disconnected for 30 minutes as I saw in the previous posts? Have someone tried it?

Last edited by drjones : 3rd September 2016 at 11:04.
Old 4th September 2016, 12:33   #1042
BHPian

So, one fine evening my RHS headlight motor decides to up and quit. I had a perfectly aligned unit from day one unlike what has been reported by other owners. A couple of days before the motor started making a noise and then eventually got stuck in a position that restricts the throw to barely five feet in front of the truck. I had a horrid time driving back in the evening on the eastern expressway with rain and mud being kicked up. Image number two is the light throw with the high-beam on.

Ford service tell me that the motor or the entire headlight assembly will be replaced under warranty, which I expected, but the process will take a few days and as per rules they can not let a under warranty vehicle in for a complaint, out of the service shop till rectified. Which means having my vehicle taken over by Ford for at least a few days if not a week. This is not on. Also the bumper misalignment issue is yet to be addressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-low-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-high-beam.jpg  

Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:24   #1043
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Ford service tell me that the motor or the entire headlight assembly will be replaced under warranty, which I expected, but the process will take a few days and as per rules they can not let a under warranty vehicle in for a complaint, out of the service shop till rectified. Which means having my vehicle taken over by Ford for at least a few days if not a week. This is not on. Also the bumper misalignment issue is yet to be addressed.
Ask them for a Loaner vehicle then as this is totally their fault. The Headlights issue has dragged on for too long.

I have myself been at the receiving end of service centre policy issues for my EcoSport. Loosing faith.

I almost booked the Endy yesterday (@Satyam Thane) but the sales team backed out of their own commitments so have changed my plans or atleast kept on hold.
Old 4th September 2016, 21:35   #1044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Loosing faith.
And I am waiting for someone to explain me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Not Trying to defend Ford, But I think this is slightly misleading. The bulk of the price increase was mainly on account of budget, and recently they hiked 50K on select variants. If you compare Fortuner pre budget and current prices there is increase of 1 Lac rupees as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would like to know as to what made them increase prices for the new Endeavour and reduce prices of the Figo and Aspire?
Plus, keeping the vehicle till warranty parts arrive is a new thing to hear. Have few Skoda guys shifted to Ford?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 08:32   #1045
BHPian

There is no rule from Ford India to keep the vehicle with the dealer till the part arrives, assuming the car is otherwise in working condition. This is from my experience. Ford is pretty quick in shipping and arranging parts for the Endy, so not sure why your dealer is taking more time to get the headlight assembly. I'd suggest that you call the customer care/email Ford India. Ford seems to be spending 200 crores on wrong stuff than branding/improving dealership experience.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 08:49   #1046
BHPian

Another recent experience from my side. I noticed a crack in my rear tyre sidewall and decided to change it (MRF). Might have got damaged while driving in slush with lot of loose rocks around. Inquired few tire dealers in Madurai and they said, no stock at present and it will take few weeks to few months . Called up ford and they said will try to arrange within a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160905_084830min.jpg  

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 5th September 2016 at 09:04.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:33   #1047
BHPian

Finally, two months after booking the 3.2 Titanium model, I took the delivery yesterday on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Folks at Cauvery Ford Bangalore did a remarkable job in delivering the vehicle much before their committed date. Kudos to them..

Initial observations from my end.
1. The pickup is quite adequate for city driving and I did not get a feeling of gear box response being sluggish.
2. Commands a huge road presence and people after looking this in their rear view mirror leave the space for this monster.
3. Cabin is very quite.
4. Insurance from outside can save you a lot of money. I got a Zero depreciation insurance cover, with keys, consumables and tyre protection for around INR 82K. Ford quotes close to INR 1.4 Lacs.

Some issues:
1. The floor mats as part of the default accessories is not of good quality and is not durable. My old SX4 carpet mats were of very god quality and lasted 9+ years without any problems.
2. The Sync2 radio does not lock to 93.5FM (Red FM). It tunes though, but you cannot store it as a preset.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160831_154936.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160904_132726.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160904_132738.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160904_133002.jpg  

sudhir5478 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 13:51   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Another recent experience from my side. I noticed a crack in my rear tyre sidewall and decided to change it (MRF).
The MRF Wanderer running on my Thar had a similar small cut. However, I managed to run it to the end of it's life. The wanderer has a solid steel belt inside. You can just keep this as a spare if you are not comfortable using the tyre.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 17:16   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Yes, it would have to be done by the service person using a laptop and a connector module ( connects car to the Ford central server and checks for updates). I had posted a video earlier on how this is done.
I went to A.S.S and they have no clue about PCM update. They called Ford hotline, after 15 minutes they said Ford too, said that there are no such updates. Wired. Then the service manager asked me to get the A.S.S details where you made the update and a link to the thread.

Could you please let me know the detail?

Thanks.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 00:01   #1050
BHPian

Hi Friends ,

Has any one used Glympse app on the Sync system?

Can some throw some light on how to use it. Today only I saw a upgraded version of Glympse where you can navigate like maps. It can solve the navigation problem in our system.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks