Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 10:43   #1051
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

My excitement of owning the Ford endeavour 3.2 Titanium has been short lived. Yesterday, I found that one entire covering near the knee air bag is missing. Very pathetic approach towards the assembly of the CKD kits.

Also, I'm disgusted at the PDI being done by the dealer, when the vehicle arrives at their stockyard.

Can someone in the group, direct me to Ford escalation matrix. Pictures tell you the story here.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160906_101707.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160906_101712.jpg  

sudhir5478 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:59   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
My excitement of owning the Ford endeavour 3.2 Titanium has been short lived. Yesterday, I found that one entire covering near the knee air bag is missing. Very pathetic approach towards the assembly of the CKD kits.

Also, I'm disgusted at the PDI being done by the dealer, when the vehicle arrives at their stockyard.

Can someone in the group, direct me to Ford escalation matrix. Pictures tell you the story here.
Can you provide a long-shot picture? Not able to figure where this is as I do not have the vehicle around with me today to validate.

Ask the dealer to order from the part number list and it will be here tomorrow. Do it today so that the part arrives before the Bandh on Friday.
Old 7th September 2016, 13:45   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
Thanks for this link. Ordered them on Ali Express and the package duly arrived at home (Hongkong post and India Post) in 6 days flat. The mats fit perfect and intact are better than most that I saw, cover the seating well all through.

Went for the Red and Black to match the color of the car.

My suggestion to new Endy buyer. Save yourself the 10K spent on half mats provided by Ford and go for this set. The Endy will thank you for it...
Question: Did the India Post guys ask for Customs payment? Mine arrived today and the postman said I need to pay 2.8k INR customs. Yet to see the papers as he spoke on the phone.

Sorry Mods: Did not intend to post back to back. The second one was after the edit window lapsed and hence
Old 7th September 2016, 22:22   #1054

No Naresh, I did not have to pay any customs. The post office was kind enough to deliver the upsize package to my doorstep. So none really.
Old 7th September 2016, 22:26   #1055

My first service (2500 Kms) is up and my 'sort out with Ford' list includes the PCM update. But when I checked with the Centre they had no clue about it. So I think Ford training on service is still far far away. The requested link would help.
Old 8th September 2016, 01:42   #1056
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Question: Did the India Post guys ask for Customs payment? Mine arrived today and the postman said I need to pay 2.8k INR customs. Yet to see the papers as he spoke on the phone.

Sorry Mods: Did not intend to post back to back. The second one was after the edit window lapsed and hence
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
No Naresh, I did not have to pay any customs. The post office was kind enough to deliver the upsize package to my doorstep. So none really.
Customs is applicable but it depends on our luck and sometimes we get away without paying.
Old 8th September 2016, 20:50   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I went to A.S.S and they have no clue about PCM update. They called Ford hotline, after 15 minutes they said Ford too, said that there are no such updates. Wired. Then the service manager asked me to get the A.S.S details where you made the update and a link to the thread.

Could you please let me know the detail?

Thanks.
Please ask the service person to connect to the programming device which connects the car to the ford server and select the PCM module and check for updates. please see the link below where I have mentioned details as well as the you tube video demo by a ford service person in the US (on a different car).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4038838
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:01   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Please ask the service person to connect to the programming device which connects the car to the ford server and select the PCM module and check for updates. please see the link below where I have mentioned details as well as the you tube video demo by a ford service person in the US (on a different car).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4038838
Thank you. I will take the vehicle to SC on Monday and post the update here.
Old 9th September 2016, 09:18   #1059
BHPian

Finally, yesterday the missing part which was a cover was fixed by the dealer. This has been escalated to Ford higher authorities even by the dealer as to how the vehicle passed the Quality Control, with entire one part missing.

At the same time, it should be an eye opener for dealers to do a thorough PDI before accepting the vehicle at their stockyard or before delivering the same to the customer.

BTW, does any body have any solution to the radio not storing 93.5FM as a preset issue. The dealer tried to reset the Sync system, but is of no help
Old 11th September 2016, 11:37   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, yesterday the missing part which was a cover was fixed by the dealer

BTW, does any body have any solution to the radio not storing 93.5FM as a preset issue. The dealer tried to reset the Sync system, but is of no help
Welcome to the club sudhir5478. Happy motoring. Sorry to hear of the bad experience but remember to do a thorough PDI on your own before taking the delivery of any car. Team-bhp got a detailed PDI checklist and that really helps.

The radio station issue is a known one and is documented in this thread. I am still in touch with Ford India and dealer for a resolution to this problem. I will keep posted if i get any updates in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi Friends ,

Has any one used Glympse app on the Sync system?

Can some throw some light on how to use it. Today only I saw a upgraded version of Glympse where you can navigate like maps. It can solve the navigation problem in our system.
Can you share more details please ? I did find a link to download the app on phone but what more to do with it ?
Old 12th September 2016, 00:10   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, yesterday the missing part which was a cover was fixed by the dealer. This has been escalated to Ford higher authorities even by the dealer as to how the vehicle passed the Quality Control, with entire one part missing.

At the same time, it should be an eye opener for dealers to do a thorough PDI before accepting the vehicle at their stockyard or before delivering the same to the customer.

Congrats on the Purchase Buddy! 93.5 works absolutely fine for me. Mine came preset and I even rearranged presets..no issues whatsoever.

I have downloaded those apps mentioned for the Endeavour. None pair with the Sync 2 though. Apparently they work well on the Ecosport
Old 14th September 2016, 11:39   #1062
BHPian

Took my new endy for a long drive last weekend with the entire family and here are some observations.

1. Driving is effortless and ride quality is simply superb.
2. Suspension setup is great and the vehicle gobbles up the small potholes and road undulations. You literally don't feel them inside the cabin.
3. Pickup is great and I did not have any trouble in overtaking other vehicles in 'D' mode.
4. Cabin is very silent and with the music ON, you can't even hear someone honking outside. Hence, you need to be extra attentive to fellow drivers on the road.
5. Definitely a head turner with the vehicle getting a lot of attention from people outside.

Also, got the following 3M work done for around 42K in Bangalore.

1. Under Chassis anti rust coating with 5 Years warranty.
2. Silencer coating
3. Nomad Mats for all the rows. The ones given by Ford as part of essential kit are worthless and not durable.
4. PPF protection for both the bumpers, recessed part on the door handles and door edges.
sudhir5478 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 11:32   #1063
BHPian

Just spotted this video. The alloys looked different but looks the mud is making it appear so ? And the Ford sticker on the sunset red endeavour looks good, any idea from where i can get one ?

And nice place to do offroading demo, just beside the Mercedes showroom/service center.

Some more updates:

The 3M ppf (Paint Protection Film) if fit properly seems like a much needed necessity for a car of this size (maybe for all cars !). Avoids the minor scratches/scrapes etc.

While waiting at a signal, i heard a thud and realized something hit my car. Got down to see an Innova with broken front bumper. My car is safe with no scratch/cracks whatsoever. The innova had a front bumper guard but even with that the bumper broke. Looking at the impact it seems the bumper was already broken and just got worse after hitting my car. However the innova driver was ruing that the bumper broke only then. Don't think Ford is so strong but i will take this incident with a pinch of salt. Whatever said, the 3M ppf did its job well.

I am planning to add the ppf to the sun roof glass and bonnet as well, i started noticing small stones falling on the car from trucks and i am a bit worried if that would damage the car. I got a small sample piece stuck on the sunroof, need to check for a week before i decide to go with it or not.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 15th September 2016 at 11:46.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:10   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Size comparison: This is how a Ford Endeavor (pick-up) looks parked next to the Ford F150.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-jskh9vfm4k0icga9batq.jpg

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-...e-t-1786631446
SmartCat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 18:43   #1065
Senior - BHPian

I bought this silica key cover some time back, and found its listed for even lower price, I thought I will share this with you.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/162075992442?...84.m1497.l2649
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks