Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 17:10   #1141
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Just got a call from Ford.

The SYNC3 cannot be upgraded on existing cars as it clearly involves hardware change. The newer cars will have SYNC3 (not sure from which month) . I asked if they can provide existing owners an option to upgrade/swap he said he wants to check and get back. I also told them regarding my chat with Customer care today morning, the rep on phone gave the same answer again that he needs to check and get back.

I feel Ford should give an option to existing customers to upgrade the hardware at a nominal cost (i am not asking for real cheap but something reasonable ~25-50k range). If the screen size and dimensions along with connectors/wiring is same then that should be an option, isnt it ?

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 18th October 2016 at 17:12.
Old 18th October 2016, 17:10   #1142
BHPian

Hi ,

I checked with the dealership. They confirmed the new cars will come with Sync 3. There is no awareness on the way the existing cars can upgrade to 3.

Regards
Shamsher
Old 18th October 2016, 17:50   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Just got a call from Ford.

The SYNC3 cannot be upgraded on existing cars as it clearly involves hardware change. The newer cars will have SYNC3 (not sure from which month) . I asked if they can provide existing owners an option to upgrade/swap he said he wants to check and get back. I also told them regarding my chat with Customer care today morning, the rep on phone gave the same answer again that he needs to check and get back.

I feel Ford should give an option to existing customers to upgrade the hardware at a nominal cost (i am not asking for real cheap but something reasonable ~25-50k range). If the screen size and dimensions along with connectors/wiring is same then that should be an option, isnt it ?

I dont think there would be any chance of a software only upgrade from Sync2 (MyFord Touch) to Sync3. As you said, Sync3 involves a significant hardware upgrade.

Sync 3 will not be available as an update to existing owners, due to its reliance on upgraded touchscreen hardware needed for the system’s pinch and swipe gestures – similar to those available on smartphones.

Dont think Ford India is going to offer this close to a 1.5L upgrade equipment free to the current owners of the Endy http://www.oemautopartsco.com/produc...ant=6929649153 , but considering that its been less than a year since the car's launch, Ford should consider a free upgrade that could add some weight to their brand loyalty.
Old 18th October 2016, 18:41   #1144
BHPian

That's not a good thing. I obviously feel short changed that I am not going to get the latest version of the software /hardware and its just 4 months since I have the car. I can only hope that there is some way I can find an option to get sync 3 cheaper online or an equivalent option from any third party.

Another update - post my tweet, Ford india arranged a service ticket logged in my behalf to fix the touch screen /radio station tuning problem. Will keep posted on how this goes.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 18th October 2016 at 18:44.
Old 18th October 2016, 21:03   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
I dont think there would be any chance of a software only upgrade from Sync2 (MyFord Touch) to Sync3. As you said, Sync3 involves a significant hardware upgrade.

Dont think Ford India is going to offer this close to a 1.5L upgrade equipment free to the current owners of the Endy http://www.oemautopartsco.com/produc...ant=6929649153 , but considering that its been less than a year since the car's launch, Ford should consider a free upgrade that could add some weight to their brand loyalty.
Quote:
That's not a good thing. I obviously feel short changed that I am not going to get the latest version of the software /hardware and its just 4 months since I have the car. I can only hope that there is some way I can find an option to get sync 3 cheaper online or an equivalent option from any third party.
On second thoughts, I don't think this upgrade is going to bother me much as this is a SUV and not a mobile which needs upgrade year after year. Or does it? As long as it serves the intended primary purpose as a great SUV with great features, great reliability and superb comfort, I am willing to forego the additional gizmo effect of how I control the phone and climate and sundries.

Navigation is an important feature and I think Ford skimped on not bringing it. If they can provide that upgrade on SYNC2 itself, I would think good of them. At the same time, given that today's Google and Apple maps are as good, I guess that is also something we can live without. Google and Apple maps are updated far more frequently than any OEM Navigation kits so I may just pass.

Just my thoughts. Not in disagreement with anyone here. But for me, instead of fuming why this feature was made available so soon after release, I would rather ensure I get good support and service for mechanicals. That is something I expect Ford to live up to and if they do not, we should be one tough set of customers to deal with.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 18th October 2016 at 21:04.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 21:36   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Navigation is an important feature and I think Ford skimped on not bringing it. If they can provide that upgrade on SYNC2 itself, I would think good of them. At the same time, given that today's Google and Apple maps are as good, I guess that is also something we can live without. Google and Apple maps are updated far more frequently than any OEM Navigation kits so I may just pass.
I think that's what Ford is trying to do. SYNC 3 comes with Ford 'Applink' which will let you access the apps on phone. If this is true, You should be able to use your phone google maps on infotainment screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-sync3.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 09:26   #1147
BHPian

This is a better version of the Ford Gurgaon event. Nicely edited and clear too.

The cars seem to be doing well in the harsh conditions. Hope such events are held in all major cities so that existing and future owners can enjoy some fun with the mud. Interesting that all vehicles are Titanium variants (or that's what it appeared from the video) or is it just a coincidence ?
sunishsamuel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 22:32   #1148
BHPian

Sharing with the forum.

Found this link where Ford is organizing trips.

Quote:
Ford, in partnership with Inspired Traveller, brings to you journeys that let you experience the best of India. From rocky beaches, and mountain tops to never-ending plains and deserts, our special ‘Go Further Journeys’ e-book will inspire you to experience the best of India. So download and start planning for your next liberating journey now in your favorite Ford. #HappyMotoring

They also shared this on Facebook.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-14725579_1235642029821077_5593782904429744351_n.jpg
Old 20th October 2016, 11:12   #1149
BHPian

Update on the FM tuning issue.

Kumaresh from Ford Customer support called me. Very polite and was talking to the point.

1) Touch screen issue reported by other customers too, they have reached out to the plant engineers and are waiting for a revert on the possible solution - software update or hardware fix. I am told that they will definitely get back by month end. I have updated my tweet with this info as well.

2) On my question on SYNC3 - they are working with Ford team to figure out the feasibility of providing the same to existing customers as an accessory - No timeline or cost details. But he did mention many customers are inquiring about the same and Ford is considering the request seriously ! Hope there is some positive outcome on this.

I also told them about the chat i had on the Ford India website (screen shot shared in another post in this thread) that the executive told me that it can be upgraded. He mentioned they will make sure the communication gap will be addressed.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 20th October 2016 at 11:22.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:16   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the FM tuning issue.

Kumaresh from Ford Customer support called me. Very polite and was talking to the point.

1) Touch screen issue reported by other customers too, they have reached out to the plant engineers and are waiting for a revert on the possible solution - software update or hardware fix. I am told that they will definitely get back by month end. I have updated my tweet with this info as well.

2) On my question on SYNC3 - they are working with Ford team to figure out the feasibility of providing the same to existing customers as an accessory - No timeline or cost details. But he did mention many customers are inquiring about the same and Ford is considering the request seriously !
I did ask them about SYNC 3 too. The L3 Technician tried to get in touch with a Ford Engineer. They were busy in training but I shall have a revert soon. The Helpline rep said that "as of now" there is no option to upgrade but if Ford is considering the same and is willing to upgrade at a later date then thats great news.

On a separate note, Ford has started a new TVC with SYNC 3, Panaromic Sunroof and Terrain Management System, features missing on the new T-Fort. They are getting ready for battle..
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 15:04   #1151
BHPian

Guys need your help.

I was just inspecting the Car today afternoon and saw a crack on the inside edge of the Left Front Headlight. There is No External Damage or sign of any hit to the Light neither was there damage near the Left Front Fender to warrant something like this on the inside.

Could it be a manufacturing defect or something that got undone over time?

I have attached Snaps of the Left side and the Perfect Right side.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20161021145417.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20161021145436.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20161021_134711.jpg  

Last edited by kimianks : 21st October 2016 at 15:05.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 18:30   #1152
BHPian

Ford's SYNC 3 Apple CarPlay - Features and Using

Ford's SYNC 3 with Android Auto

Old 21st October 2016, 22:58   #1153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could it be a manufacturing defect or something that got undone over time?
Unfortunately, it will be very difficult to prove even if it's a manufacturing issue. This can be due to a hit, maybe when the vehicle was parked. Check if you can glue it taking help of guys who modify headlamps.
Old 22nd October 2016, 00:10   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Unfortunately, it will be very difficult to prove even if it's a manufacturing issue. This can be due to a hit, maybe when the vehicle was parked. Check if you can glue it taking help of guys who modify headlamps.
There is no External Damage or any Deformity. I thoroughly inspected that. Sent it to my Service Rep. Will take it on Monday or Tuesday but this is very bizzare
Old 22nd October 2016, 19:02   #1155
BHPian

Finally my headlight conked off too. Spoke to Ford team. Taking it tomorrow for review so that they can order replacements.

Apparently their procedure demands that the vehicle be inspected and then they order warranty replacement.

Done 3200 kms. Manufacture date is April 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_0814.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_0816.jpg  

Last edited by nareshtrao : 22nd October 2016 at 19:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks