Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 09:31   #1156
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
There is no External Damage or any Deformity. I thoroughly inspected that. Sent it to my Service Rep. Will take it on Monday or Tuesday but this is very bizzare
You may want to be careful at car-wash. The jet of water they use, can seep inside. Better to 'fix' it early.
Water mist inside can fog or possibly damage the lights.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:52   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
You may want to be careful at car-wash. The jet of water they use, can seep inside. Better to 'fix' it early.
Water mist inside can fog or possibly damage the lights.

I have the 3M PPF so Jet Wash is a strict NO NO. My Chauffeur washes the car so that wont be a worry. Trying to go down today to the Service Centre else tomorrow definitely.

Thinking of ordering the Chrome covers for headlights available on Ali-Express. Have to see whether they are ok for the 3.2 Titanium though.

Last edited by kimianks : 25th October 2016 at 10:57.
Old 25th October 2016, 18:01   #1158
BHPian

Count the horses

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20161025_073347.jpg
sunishsamuel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 20:20   #1159
BHPian

The projectors in the new replaced head light assembly is slightly yellowish in colour. Did anyone notice it?
Old 26th October 2016, 16:23   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
The projectors in the new replaced head light assembly is slightly yellowish in colour. Did anyone notice it?
Yes, i had noticed it soon after the replacement . Now i dont feel it that much. May be due to sensory adaptation or due to them turning white over time
Old 27th October 2016, 00:59   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
May be due to sensory adaptation or due to them turning white over time
I too noticed on the day of replacement. I have now done atleast 90-100 hrs of night driving after that and it's still yellowish.
Old 27th October 2016, 15:45   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Finally my headlight conked off too. Spoke to Ford team. Taking it tomorrow for review so that they can order replacements.
My headlights replaced too. Fabulous prompt response from Ford. Spares arrived this morning. Done in a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Yes, i had noticed it soon after the replacement . Now i dont feel it that much. May be due to sensory adaptation or due to them turning white over time
I do notice a slightly different color temperature but not too different. Perhaps will know in the night.
Old 27th October 2016, 20:34   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
My headlights replaced....
Were both of them replaced? I just had the single faulty one swapped out.
Old 27th October 2016, 22:52   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Were both of them replaced? I just had the single faulty one swapped out.
In my case both had gone. The right one had the beam lowered permanently and the left one had the auto leveling motor sounding like an old typewriter. So both were replaced. However, very soon, they will have only motor replacement possible as the spares are on the way. For those whose motor alone had given up.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 11:06   #1165
BHPian

Yesterday happened to compare Trend and Titanium .. Couple of features which are missing/changed in Trim compared to Titanium
1. The leather wrapped dash is missing
2. Upper half is lighter shade compared to Black .(The shade is almost like White which is there in EcoSport as well ). The support handle to get in to car is also with white shade and which is tend to get dirtier pretty soon .
3. The gearbox finishing id different.
Old 28th October 2016, 12:21   #1166
BHPian

Attaching a video of an Off-Road drive event organised by Ford in Delhi I guess. Sort of the same thing as the Toyota Fortuner Bootcamp which sadly was stopped after 2 years.

Did any one participate in it? How was the course and any videos to share?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2016 at 13:07. Reason: Copy paste the youtube link direct inline. Thanks.
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:05   #1167
BHPian

Received the following message and attachments from a Ford Endeavour owner located at Nagercoil.

Posting as is, I reverted to him suggesting that he tweet Ford India to get a better response. So it looks like only motors are replaced and not the entire assembly (like mentioned in the previous post)

I am wondering why the dealer at Nagercoil is unable to source the part quickly (lot of bus/truck services that route so transportation is not an issue)

Quote:
Sir,
Greetings from Christy Joel. Nagercoil.
I have been reading your posts on Team bhp forums. Ford Endeavour official review.

I have my vehicle booked on 1st April 06 Got my vehicle delivered on April 20 th. 3.2 Titanium.
Every thing is good so far. Now the left side headlight failed. Informed the dealer. Now he says the part is ordered. For the past 15 days the matter is dragging. Dealer says ford said the leveling motor has to be replaced.
Now dealer says the part is in back order. He has no clue when it will reach.
I am not a team bhp member. From the forum others got their headlights replaced. Or they mean their leveling motor replaced?
Could you please post this msg and get a clarity from the forum members.?
That would be mighty kind of you.

I have attached the photos before and after failure..

Thank you for your time.

Have a good day.

My mobile no.
xxxxxx

Thank you.

Joe.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160622_183742_001.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20161021_213907.jpg

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 28th October 2016 at 16:09.
Old 28th October 2016, 19:25   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Received the following message and attachments from a Ford Endeavour owner located at Nagercoil.

Posting as is, I reverted to him suggesting that he tweet Ford India to get a better response. So it looks like only motors are replaced and not the entire assembly (like mentioned in the previous post)

I am wondering why the dealer at Nagercoil is unable to source the part quickly (lot of bus/truck services that route so transportation is not an issue)

Attachment 1571677
Attachment 1571678
You could ask this gentleman to call Ford Customer Support on the Toll Free and register the issue. Those folks who attend the customer issues are in Chennai and are fairly prompt and keep following up within the system till the issue is closed. They also call regularly to update the customer on the progress. I have had good experience with them.

Also from what I know this motor was not in stock and recently imported. Hence the delay in supply. However, now it is available in Chennai and expedited shipment can be requested by the dealer as in my case.

I am surprised why the dealer is not chasing the system. Perhaps not a large volume dealer and perhaps does not have the same level of customer responsiveness as some others. I have seen dealers follow up and own these kind of issues and follow up with Plant till issue is closed.

p.s. The picture below has both High Beam and Low Beam switched on. Ideally a picture at Low beam will tell if the beam has failed. Also the assessment of the noise of the motor when switching on the car which is an indication. Ford folks will like a picture with low beam on to make a better assessment. However, I presume this has been done as the dealer has clearly indicated this to be a Motor issue and accordingly part ordered.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 28th October 2016 at 19:55.
Old 31st October 2016, 20:32   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Agreed, further, during actual usage rubber seals on rear door keep on coming out and everything you mentioned gets stuck to the metal. I am yet to find a solution for this, perhaps will have to permanently fix with glue.
and I have a solution. Alibaba has links to several wheel fender flares for the Ford Everest which would be a perfect for this issue. Unfortunately these are not on Aliexpress and Alibaba site offers bulk orders ( min 10 sets)
Pls see the link
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.I6QEyC

Probably if there are enough takers for this we can place a bulk order and share the spoils !...

Any one with experience of doing this pls comment.

Last edited by bblost : 1st November 2016 at 16:03. Reason: fixed quote
Anand Satya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 22:31   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Count the horses

Attachment 1570551
Wow! Do all this vehicles belong to the same garage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks