Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 00:35   #1171
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Gave a decent mileage on the Pune mumbai expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_3332.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2016, 00:47   #1172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Gave a decent mileage on the Pune mumbai expressway.
Thats great FE. Which variant is this? How many occupants?
Old 2nd November 2016, 00:51   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thats great FE. Which variant is this? How many occupants?
Ford endeavour 3.2 Titanium with 6 adults.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:48   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
How much do you get otherwise?
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:51   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
How much do you get otherwise?
Between 8-9 on an average
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:01   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
This is a great figure ... When I test drove 2.2 Auto (4X2) in Hyderabad for 50 KM ... It gave a mileage of 15.6
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:25   #1177
BANNED

Quote:
Between 8-9 on an average
Is this your city or highway FE? What speeds do you maintain on 4 laners otherwise and what FE do you get there?

Would be nice to see a few pictures of your truck if not a full fledged ownership review.
Old 3rd November 2016, 00:14   #1178
BHPian

Few updates from my side :

1. Front right Tyre (MRF) of my Endeavour got burst when the car was parked due to a sidewall cut. I was not there with car at that time, so dont really know how the surroundings are. MRF compay guys inspected the tyre and said they wont be able to offer any compensation or discount as its a side wall cut.

New Tyre costed Rs 11,800/- and it was readily available in stock, so went for it. Also was told that "Yokohama Geolander" is available in same size and costs Rs 13500 approximately. No options available from Michelin or Pirelli as of now

2. Got the car serviced. 10,000 kms free service along with wheel alignment and balancing costed Rs 4,700/-

3. As mentioned by others, I am also facing the FM radio issue and still no solution from the company. Even their demo vehicle suffers from the same

4. Also was rear-ended by a speeding xuv which hit our car and then hit another biker on a 4 lane highway. Rear bumper was cracked on left side along with Tail-light and fog lamp. On checking with ford body shop, got to know that they dont have parts in stock and they took 5 days to get the stock. I was extremely disappointed with this as I expected them to keep atleast basic parts in stock. Lucky to have zero dep insurance + consumables coverage, had to pay Rs 2,000/- of the total bill which is Rs 47,000/- (approximately)

5. Also did a over night trip from hyderabad to banglore along with a friend of mine. Overall fuel economy for the trip was 9 kmpl.
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:40   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post

4. Also was rear-ended by a speeding xuv which hit our car and then hit another biker on a 4 lane highway. Rear bumper was cracked on left side along with Tail-light and fog lamp. On checking with ford body shop, got to know that they dont have parts in stock and they took 5 days to get the stock. I was extremely disappointed with this as I expected them to keep atleast basic parts in stock. Lucky to have zero dep insurance + consumables coverage, had to pay Rs 2,000/- of the total bill which is Rs 47,000/- (approximately)
Looks like some of the cars here are having turbulent times.
Over the weekend, during a holiday drive, i banged the car on a stationary Mahindra Jeep while reversing. Still not able to come to terms on how it happened,Either I blanked out or was just complacent
Dont even remember the Sensors beeping , may be it was over much faster than what the sensors could react to....
Thanks to "nareshtrao" who lent an immediate shoulder to cry on over whatsap.

The impact was reasonably strong, still luckily the Silver skid plate alone was damaged. Quote is 15K for part + Paint + Labor.

Now my Dilemma is whether to claim Insurance or not. What would be the loss when weighed against NCB ? Can some one be kind enough to help me with some data points ? I too have Zero Dep which i may not continue next year.

Last edited by pajero4me : 3rd November 2016 at 16:47.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:55   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Now my Dilemma is whether to claim Insurance or not. What would be the loss when weighed against NCB ? Can some one be kind enough to help me with some data points ? I too have Zero Dep which i may not continue next year.
What is your NCB bonus?

You can calculate based on that, 15K INR, is too small amount to claim, IMHO.
You have to pay 1.5 - 2.5 K for processing fee, based on the insurance company.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:03   #1181
BHPian

Quote:

1. Front right Tyre (MRF) of my Endeavour got burst when the car was parked due to a sidewall cut. I was not there with car at that time, so dont really know how the surroundings are. MRF compay guys inspected the tyre and said they wont be able to offer any compensation or discount as its a side wall cut.

New Tyre costed Rs 11,800/- and it was readily available in stock, so went for it. Also was told that "Yokohama Geolander" is available in same size and costs Rs 13500 approximately. No options available from Michelin or Pirelli as of now
Have you done any serious off-roading lately ? Wondering why would Ford providing such Tyre on a vehicle which is meant for serious off-roading. Please sent a mail to ford customer care.

Pirelli SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON 265/60 R18 Tyres available on TyreMarket.com

Last edited by LionX : 3rd November 2016 at 17:07.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:44   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What is your NCB bonus?

You can calculate based on that, 15K INR, is too small amount to claim, IMHO.
You have to pay 1.5 - 2.5 K for processing fee, based on the insurance company.
Agree with this. NCB for second year will be 20% which is around the same ignoring the deductions and charges which are over and above. Further your NCB starts fresh from the year after. Hence if the bill is below 15 k, it is recommended to pay directly and save NCB. I presume your policy is around 80 k.

One catch though. I checked on Ford site and the entire bumper was listed at 15k so am surprised that they said they are changing the silver part alone. Should that not be less in such case? Also does the silver not come pre-painted? Why painting cost then?

Also the sensors are funny at times. Their responses are not consistent. Once I almost rear-ended a bike. I was not so used to the screen then as the truck was new but still do not recall the beepers beeping. Luckily the 3M film saved from a dent or scratch.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 3rd November 2016 at 17:49.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 19:36   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

The impact was reasonably strong, still luckily the Silver skid plate alone was damaged. Quote is 15K for part + Paint + Labor.
Sad to hear that. Surprisingly Rear Bumper costs Rs 2124/- where as the silver skid plate costs Rs 8908/- (both without painting, tax and labor). Even the service advisor have no clue why is it so.

Quote:
I would suggest you not claiming insurance as the amount is less than the NCB you are saving. However if you unfortunately have another crash/small ding your NCB will be anyways gone. I know its a tricky situation to be in. If you have any other scratches already on the car by now, better claim the insurance now and you make another claim at the end of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Have you done any serious off-roading lately ? Wondering why would Ford providing such Tyre on a vehicle which is meant for serious off-roading. Please sent a mail to ford customer care.
Didn't have the chance to venture "off-road" leave about serious off-roading
I was told by Ford guys to deal with MRF directly as the process will be faster. However myself, am not very sure whether it is a manufacturing defect or not. The cut is clearly on the sidewall, indication a contact with sharp bump/big stone. But again as I mentioned before, it happened after the car was parked. So dint bother about it much and got the tyre replaced.

Quote:
Pirelli SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON 265/60 R18 Tyres available on TyreMarket.com
Looks like they updated it recently, shall definitely consider when its time for tyre change. I am expecting more options in near future as Toyota Fortuner is also coming with the same sized tyres
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 20:27   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Guy's the Ford Endeavour is such an amazing vehicle. I mean who cares if it doesn't give that much mileage or if it's a Ford and not a Toyota, at least this is the safest SUV compared to the Fortuner. Please see the video below on the new Hilux on which the Fortuner is based on. Truly shocking if this is what Toyota is giving it's customers.

I posted this on another thread here but I hope all those who are just waiting now to get the Fortuner instead of the Endeavour think about this one important safety feature as it's very risky to be driving this on our highways.

I showed this video to one of my family members who were waiting for the new Fortuner but on seeing this video they immediately booked the Endeavour today.

I have nothing against Toyota but if they are not going to provide us safe car's I think we should not buy it no matter how reliable or super duper their brand image is.
stanjohn123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 23:01   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's the Ford Endeavour is such an amazing vehicle. I mean who cares if it doesn't give that much mileage or if it's a Ford and not a Toyota, at least this is the safest SUV compared to the Fortuner.
I showed this video to one of my family members who were waiting for the new Fortuner but on seeing this video they immediately booked the Endeavour today.
I have nothing against Toyota but if they are not going to provide us safe car's I think we should not buy it no matter how reliable or super duper their brand image is.
The brand loyalty is so strong that even if there are issues, people tend to forgive Maruti and Toyota

Congrats to your family members on booking the new Endeavour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update from Joe, Ford endeavour owner from Nagercoil.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Samuel,
I did sent a mail to Ford India. Today we fixed it.

I have attached the replacement motor.

Thank you.
Good day.

Joe.
Attached the pics of the motors. And that's made in France. Glad the issue is resolved.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20161104_142316.jpgFord Endeavour : Official Review-20161104_142332.jpg

Quote:

From where did you order the tyre ? When i checked with a leading shop at Hyderabad, the MRF price given to me was Rs. 7500 (or 8500) and they told MRF tyres are cheaper !

Hope the car is back in action.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some interesting ads from Ford

Question - Are there any trails like this close to Maharashtra, Telangana, AndhraPradesh or Karnataka ?

And Ford seems to be fixated with Sunset Red as their color choice for their marketing. The Grey and Brown looks awesome too but not used in the ads.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2016 at 07:29. Reason: back to back posts merged
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks