Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 23:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Pathetic sales managers at Bhavna Ford Nerul. After confirming 3 times ( besides scheduling 2 days ago ) for a TD today for the 3.2L Titanium I left for Nerul in Navi Mumbai with 2 other serious buyers only to be informed halfway that the Panvel dealership Manager took the car away. Nerul is almost a 2 hour drive away and Panvel another 45 minutes. They had Trend for a TD and display! Livid with anger I told the manager to never call me again and disconnected

Unprofessional behaviour and lack of ethics! And such attitude is displayed for a car worth 35 lakhs on-road in Mumbai!

Why can't Ford India make available Test Drive vehicles across all dealerships?

Why doesn't Ford have full fledged Ford Dealerships in Mumbai proper?

Why do dealerships display such callous attitude in handling potential customers?

Ford India talks big about improving customer experiences but need to "walk the talk".

Todays experience was almost the deal breaker for me. I have lodged a complaint on the Toll Free Helpline.

+10
Agree with U. I had similar experience with Bhavna Ford which I have mentioned in post no. 744 of the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...deavour-8.html

First, they turn off the customers who themselves walk in for TDs and then they chase the dissatisfied ones.
Old 20th February 2016, 00:00   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
+10
Agree with U. I had similar experience with Bhavna Ford which I have mentioned in post no. 744 of the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...deavour-8.html

First, they turn off the customers who themselves walk in for TDs and then they chase the dissatisfied ones.
Buddy I know you, we were friends during the orkut days. Offtopic but great to reconnect on Team BHP!!

I posted my TD issue on Ford India's fb page. They have responded. Like to see what happens next.

Last edited by kimianks : 20th February 2016 at 00:11. Reason: addition to reply
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 01:20   #108
BHPian

Excellent review there!! Covered all points!!
If only there was a 2.2 MT or a 3.2 MT in titanium trim.

Wonder if the endeavour can do such a off road course!!

sambhav.jain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 03:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
I think it could do it, but would be prevented by:

1. Clearance of the chassis, which is significantly lower than the RR models.

2. Possible experience of RR building/designing their vehicles to be well-balanced front/rear (forward/aft - probably laterally as well) while traversing such extreme angles and their ability to allow the 4wd to adjust for these situations.

Some of the stuff I saw was similar to the Aussie testing, but once you actually see what the RR club/group is doing and captioning, then you can see that the Endy would probably not make it up/down the high obstructions and would effectively "ground"/"beach" the vehicle on the rocks they were climbing.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 20th February 2016 at 03:33.
Old 20th February 2016, 07:30   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The video clearly mentions "Not for Stock Vehicles".
With modifications Endeavour should be competent enough but only thing that works against endeavour is its length.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th February 2016 at 09:58. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 20th February 2016, 09:54   #111
BANNED

Quote:

Incomparable and irrefutable that is. Its the Range Rover, the King of SUVs on earth There is no way an endy could ever do that in its life span. What is it the RR costs 10 times that of Endy? :

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th February 2016 at 09:58. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 20th February 2016, 14:48   #112
BHPian

Got news from SC Ford Malad Mumbai that waiting period for the 3.2L Titanium is at least 7-8 months!!

Also if you opt for the Sat Nav upgrade, you lose out on Voice Commands in the Ford Sync-2. Can anyone confirm this??
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 14:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Got news from SC Ford Malad Mumbai that waiting period for the 3.2L Titanium is at least 7-8 months!!

Also if you opt for the Sat Nav upgrade, you lose out on Voice Commands in the Ford Sync-2. Can anyone confirm this??
Well, those guys claimed to already have received 300 bookings even before the new Endy was launched! (imo, impossible)

Further, they appear to be more "chalu" than Bhavna Ford - so I'm sticking with Bhavna - if and when they are able to order a black interior...

I would take anything those guys say with a grain of salt.
Old 20th February 2016, 15:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
The Sat Nav uprade requires the whole unit to be removed and sent to Bangalore where the upgrade is done. The Mangalore ford dealership says it will take 4 days and cost is 1 lakh plus. It is better to buy a 6k MMI.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 15:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
The Sat Nav uprade requires the whole unit to be removed and sent to Bangalore where the upgrade is done. The Mangalore ford dealership says it will take 4 days and cost is 1 lakh plus. It is better to buy a 6k MMI.
Agreed if the claim that voice commands are deactivated is true..
Old 20th February 2016, 16:27   #116
BHPian

Quote:
This is not correct, the system already has an in built GPS, what is missing is the sat nav (map) software which is loaded through the SD card slot. All one requires is to buy is the SD card (which has a license key paired with the MID system).
Old 20th February 2016, 17:45   #117
BHPian

Amazing review there!! With a spot on pricing offered on the endeavour and with the likes of the innova crysta and the fortuner round the corner, was just wondering what the Koreans might be upto with the Santa Fe. They need to get their pricing right! The only reason why it is not clocking the expected numbers even though it has such a strong road presence.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 19:50   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Why don't you just talk strong to the dealer and tell him you haven't received confirmation from FORD yet for your booking. And you want the booking to be made official. Else you want your money back.

I really find it baffling When ford officially started taking bookings on 21 january, how come certain dealers took booking from customers much before that and rotated that money in their business, imagine 20 bookings constitute 20 lakhs, and that they have used interest free for a good two months. And ford has done nothing to such dealers. Pathetic really.
Folks, An update.

I contacted Ford by email and they were prompt enough to respond with an assurance to revert. The same was then followed up by a few calls where they confirmed that they have my booking.

Actually the Ford guys were quite nice and very responsive. They could not get me on my primary number and tried calling me through the day on all my contact numbers they had till they got me late in the evening. The customer support team said that the allocations happen by the Sales team and they are working hard to keep the delivery time less than 3 months in all cases.

I was quite impressed by their follow-up and perseverance to reach me. Hope this kind of support remains through the purchase and subsequent ownership experience.

Will keep updating you all as I have more updates.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 20th February 2016 at 19:51.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 20:30   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Who in their right mind will allow this for their brand new SUV? This seems absurd!
Old 20th February 2016, 21:52   #120
BHPian

I just TD'd the Fortuner 4x4 AT once again.

Not a great car, but at least they have the one I reserved earlier in stock and can deliver with a black interior.

Seating position in terms of how far back you sit is better than the Endy, the view over the hood/bonnet is slightly worse, but now acceptable, as one has ample headroom.

The dash of the F also sits further back where you can have a commanding view of the (lack of) controls. Very small LCD screen.

Steering sucks at low/city speeds, but manageable (good exercise! ) - not even close to my Dicor. (And therefore *very* different to the ease one has with the electrical steering of the Endeavour)

At least it doesn't dash forwards at the touch of the throttle like the Endy.

Let's see what happens...

Still trying to get someone at Ford to reconsider offering a black interior for us here in India!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 20th February 2016 at 21:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks