Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 11:57   #1231
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Looks like Endeavours are victims of rear ending (or is it a conspiracy ) Spotted two more Endeavours at the workshop.

1) One brand new (not even registered - on Temp plates) hit badly from behind by a leyland truck. The boot caved in, looks like a crushed tin can. Truck driver missing (as usual) owner to pay from his insurance+pocket

2) Another one hit by taxi bolero, rear door damaged. But in repairable condition.

Interestingly in both cases, the rear windshield is in tact. Either good quality or just that the impact was distributed differently that the glass is safe.

While driving your cars, just be doubly careful of who's behind you. Time to add those "Please keep safe distance" stickers on the tailgate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a call from Ford India, they will install a new version of the software which is supposed to fix the radio station tuning issue. Will test and update the outcome. Customer care is confident that the issue will be addressed this time for sure.

In addition, customer care also updated that SYNC3 will not be provided as an accessory and existing customers will not be given an option to upgrade. I said that's really bad and the guy on phone said "sorry to hear but i will surely pass on the message to my higher authorities" I think we can rest the case on SYNC3 upgrade for now.

I am eagerly waiting for the face to face/shoot out review. I liked the new Fortuner, it looks really nice but white does not suit anymore. It will definitely appeal to the family crowd who wanted the Toyota SUV. Regardless of the market situation, the dealer staff at Hyderabad claims that he is overwhelmed with test drive requests (and that i will have to wait) and the bookings are healthy (terming it a super hit already !)
Yeah Rear Ending is a big problem but it could also be caused by panic braking by the owner himself.

Sync 3 upgrade should have been made as an optional upgrade, although I can live with its absence for now. I am eagerly waiting for my HUD which is scheduled to be delivered next month and will eliminate the need for Navigation.

I would take the claims of Toyota dealers with a pinch of salt though. Following demonetization, priorities have changed overnight. Dealers would still try to maintain an atmosphere of heavy demand but a prolonged stance like that could backfire badly.

Nonetheless, its no secret that the Fortuner will outsell the Endeavour by a big margin
Old 15th November 2016, 13:54   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Looks like Endeavours are victims of rear ending (or is it a conspiracy ) Spotted two more Endeavours at the workshop.

1) One brand new (not even registered - on Temp plates) hit badly from behind by a leyland truck. The boot caved in, looks like a crushed tin can. Truck driver missing (as usual) owner to pay from his insurance+pocket

2) Another one hit by taxi bolero, rear door damaged. But in repairable condition.
The dealer once told me that if you put a front after-market bull bar, the warranty will be void. But I dont think Ford offers a dealer installed rear bar. So is there an aftermarket rear one that does not void warranty ?
Old 15th November 2016, 14:54   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
The dealer once told me that if you put a front after-market bull bar, the warranty will be void. But I dont think Ford offers a dealer installed rear bar. So is there an aftermarket rear one that does not void warranty ?
I just checked with my Accessories Ford Dealer, there is no Rear Bar on offer at the moment.

The Front Nudge Bar with Sensors is very good and I can vouch for it.
Old 15th November 2016, 21:04   #1234
BHPian

I received the Price List of the Toyota Fortuner and just wanted to share it with you all. Prices ex-Mumbai and Neighbouring areas.

4X4 Diesel AT is 2 lakhs more than the 3.2 Titanium Ford Endeavour but its doing numbers.

Current Wait period is 2 months as per Madhuban Toyota ( Mumbai ).

I am glad I stuck with the Ford Endeavour.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Fortuner Price List as on 8th Nov (1).xlsx (201.8 KB, 580 views)
Old 15th November 2016, 21:32   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
I just checked with my Accessories Ford Dealer, there is no Rear Bar on offer at the moment.

The Front Nudge Bar with Sensors is very good and I can vouch for it.

Thanks. I plan to book the 2.2L Titan by Jan 2017. Nudge bar is definitely on the list. But I need a rear one as well, without killing warranty. Already got rear ended couple of times in Bangalore.

Has anybody tried the refrigerator option. Is it worth a dealer install?

I am wondering if the auto fold OSRVM can be 'installed' by a good electrician. I can't seem to imagine it would be that difficult to connect the right wires.
Old 15th November 2016, 23:44   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Thanks. I plan to book the 2.2L Titan by Jan 2017. Nudge bar is definitely on the list. But I need a rear one as well, without killing warranty. Already got rear ended couple of times in Bangalore.

Has anybody tried the refrigerator option. Is it worth a dealer install?

I am wondering if the auto fold OSRVM can be 'installed' by a good electrician. I can't seem to imagine it would be that difficult to connect the right wires.
The Thermocooler was one accessory I needed badly but the Accessories guy talked me out of it.

Said that the Thermocooler simply maintains temperature and is not worth the money. He also stated that many owners had lodged a complaint about it.

It was out of stock when I got my car in August, don't know the situation now
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 06:38   #1237
BHPian

Anyone has installed the black grill available on aliexpress?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/604702...7009.45.FfezvQ
Old 16th November 2016, 11:39   #1238
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to retrofit the Front Parking Sensors to the Trend variants? I was wondering whether the ICE system in the trend variant can accommodate these.
Old 16th November 2016, 12:20   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Anyone has installed the black grill available on aliexpress?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/604702...7009.45.FfezvQ
It has already made it to accessory stores in Punjab. However none from Team BHP so far i guess.
https://www.facebook.com/sikandcar/p...type=1&theater
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...itanium-2.html
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 12:23   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to retrofit the Front Parking Sensors to the Trend variants? I was wondering whether the ICE system in the trend variant can accommodate these.
There is a Kit ( I can't recollect the name ) which gives Front Sensors for Trend. I had attached the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160714wa0005.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160714wa0006.jpg  

kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 22:25   #1241
BHPian

I visited the Fortuner Boot Camp today and I can confidently say that the Endeavour is by far a better product.

My Friends did not like the Fortuner one bit. They were amazed at how big the disparity is.

Ford has the superior product. They just need to market it and maintain quality after-sales.

Last edited by kimianks : 16th November 2016 at 22:28.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 00:25   #1242
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
I visited the Fortuner Boot Camp today and I can confidently say that the Endeavour is by far a better product.

My Friends did not like the Fortuner one bit. They were amazed at how big the disparity is.

Ford has the superior product. They just need to market it and maintain quality after-sales.
Since I own a 2010 Endeavor, I can vouch that the New Endeavour is a better overall package compared to the New Fortuner; when New.

But, as the cars age, the Fortuner retains the crispness more than the Endeavour. The after sales service of Ford is a mixed bag too. And, when we want to sell the cars, the resale value (and demand) are a world apart.

Last edited by MAS : 17th November 2016 at 00:26.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 00:56   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Since I own a 2010 Endeavor, I can vouch that the New Endeavour is a better overall package compared to the New Fortuner; when New.

But, as the cars age, the Fortuner retains the crispness more than the Endeavour. The after sales service of Ford is a mixed bag too. And, when we want to sell the cars, the resale value (and demand) are a world apart.
Maybe the new iteration warms the hearts of the Indian used car market more than the previous generation.

The New Endeavour should hold its value I feel this time
Old 17th November 2016, 10:07   #1244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Yes. A pre-worshipped Endeavour.
Well, in that case, experiences can vastly differ. Also, your ownership review indicates a happy, satisfying ownership experience so far coupled with an above average service experience.

Even the old Endy was much better built than the Fortuner, be it paint, panels or interiors and Fords have always had better build quality than Toyotas.

Reliability was never a question with the Endy anyway since it was based on a Mazda.

Further, the new Endy has proven itself a better option than the Fortuner across reviews, individuals (a.k.a TBHPians) and markets both domestic and abroad.

Nuff said...!!
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 10:51   #1245
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, in that case, experiences can vastly differ. Also, your ownership review indicates a happy, satisfying ownership experience so far coupled with an above average service experience.

Even the old Endy was much better built than the Fortuner, be it paint, panels or interiors and Fords have always had better build quality than Toyotas.

Reliability was never a question with the Endy anyway since it was based on a Mazda.

Further, the new Endy has proven itself a better option than the Fortuner across reviews, individuals (a.k.a TBHPians) and markets both domestic and abroad.

Nuff said...!!
The Endeavour is a good truck and i am very happy with the machine. Ford service was good, but with the closure of MPL Ford, things have gone Southwards in terms of service.

The Endeavour does not have any reliability issues, but few niggles keep popping up every now and then. And, when i want to sell off an extremely well maintained car, the extremely low price quotes received from even "Ford Assured" are very frustrating.

I hope the new Endeavour makes a good mark for itself in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks