Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:36   #1261
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Is anyone hearing loud whisling sound (wind noise) when driving above 90 or 100km/hr speed?
Sounds like a turbo whistle to me, and that, to most diesel heads, is pure music...!!!

If you are sure it is not the turbo, it could simply be the noise from either the ORVMs or window visors, if you have them installed.
Old 23rd November 2016, 13:02   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
If you are sure it is not the turbo, it could simply be the noise from either the ORVMs or window visors, if you have them installed.
I'm sure it's wind noise. If it's turbo I should hear it when ever the RPM goes up irrespective of the speed. But my question is if all Endeavour's have this issue? And can it be corrected?

I have not made any changes to the aerodynamics of my Vehicle. The only accessories I have installed is 3M sun films.
Old 23rd November 2016, 14:27   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I'm sure it's wind noise. If it's turbo I should hear it when ever the RPM goes up irrespective of the speed. But my question is if all Endeavour's have this issue? And can it be corrected?

I have not made any changes to the aerodynamics of my Vehicle. The only accessories I have installed is 3M sun films.
Would it be possible to upload an audio file of the sound. Hope its not a squeal like a loose fan belt. But a proper aerodynamic/wind related whistle
I am sorry I dont own an Endy yet, but would be eager to help

1- is the windows not fully closed? a slight gap can sometimes cause the sound. I have experienced this. If there is some weatherstrip or something that prevents the window from fully closing, this can cause the noise.

2- how is the weatherstrip around the windshields, do you see any gap, misfit etc

3- I would strongly suspect something that is directly exposed to the aerodynamics of air flowing around the vehicle. OSRVM, rubber strips, roof racks, mis-fitting parts...
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 15:10   #1264
Team-BHP Support

FORD Discounts / Low-Intrest Update :

Trend version to come with Cash Discounts of Rs 1,08 Lac or 3 Year 19 Lac Loan @ 5,99 % Intrest

Titanium no Offers - Prices to go up by 1st December
Turbanator is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 16:00   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
2- how is the weatherstrip around the windshields, do you see any gap, misfit etc

3- I would strongly suspect something that is directly exposed to the aerodynamics of air flowing around the vehicle. OSRVM, rubber strips, roof racks, mis-fitting parts...
Definitely wind noise and i'm getting it from the day of delivery. Have done 21,000 kms in odo and it still persist. Could be because your second or third point. Thanks Czarcasm. I will do a thorough inspection and even post a video with the sound.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd November 2016 at 18:13. Reason: Fixed the quoted text.
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:23   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Trend version to come with Cash Discounts of Rs 1,08 Lac or 3 Year 19 Lac Loan @ 5,99 % Intrest

Is this offer specific to city? I called up someone in Bangalore and he says he is not aware of any such discounts
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:57   #1267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I called up someone in Bangalore and he says he is not aware of any such discounts
Watch out for tomorrow's or a day after Newspaper. I am giving you factory fresh information
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:06   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Watch out for tomorrow's or a day after Newspaper. I am giving you factory fresh information
Thanks. I have been following the Endeavour thread for sometime.

This move does make sense as the demonitization has taken wind out of the sail for sales in this category. Expect a good time for mere salary owners

Last edited by GTO : 23rd November 2016 at 22:46. Reason: CAPS usage
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:19   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

This would get the 3.2 Trend AT land very close to the 25 Lac mark. Any day a better choice compared to the Tucson, looks to me.
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:34   #1270
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Turbanator !

Discount on Trend The later part sounds like a marketing gimmick

Looks like they are 'trying' to update the website See the price listed for different cities
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-newendy1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-newendy.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 23rd November 2016 at 19:03. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:56   #1271

Well is this discount going to be time bound? I'm looking to shop for an SUV in coming 3-4 months.
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:55   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Thanks Turbanator !

Discount on Trend The later part sounds like a marketing gimmick

Looks like they are 'trying' to update the website See the price listed for different cities
Wait...the bangalore price was quoted as starting from 24,27,xxx as of yesterday.. they seem to have jacked it now. Another gimmick?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd November 2016 at 21:34. Reason: Typo.
Old 24th November 2016, 07:17   #1273
BHPian

There is a one page ad in Hindu today. It talks about 5.99 % interest on 80% ex showroom price of Trend. That is almost the same as information shared by Turbanator. The fine print says available at select dealership.

However, the 1.08 lakh discount is not mentioned anywhere

-tortoise
Old 24th November 2016, 10:16   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestmj View Post
Well is this discount going to be time bound? I'm looking to shop for an SUV in coming 3-4 months.
Expect some volatile price changes for CKD vehicles and also top of the range ones.
1- Dollar is pretty 'volatile' these days and is expected to remain in this mode for sometime. Endy is a CKD from Thai, and Rupee is loosing against both Thai BHT and USD. But India customs converts to Rupee, then charges the duty etc. So for the same CKD, Ford must be paying more duty these days. I think Endy Titanium price change, if true, may be partly due to this.

2- Much of the BM has come out in the demonetization. No money for Endy, money only for gold.

3- Many small to med business are not expected to do good for the next 3-4 months. Also GDP expected to tank a bit, which might translate to car lesser sales

4- New competition on the horizon - Kodiak, Tucson.

All things considered I would expect the Endy price to seesaw in the coming months. Point #1 could jack up price, other 3 points could reduce price. But I would expect $ to keep up its climb if the US Fed increases the interest rate in Dec and India banks reduce interest rates as they are flush with money. Take your guess.
Czarcarsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 11:52   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
There is a one page ad in Hindu today. It talks about 5.99 % interest on 80% ex showroom price of Trend. That is almost the same as information shared by Turbanator. The fine print says available at select dealership.

However, the 1.08 lakh discount is not mentioned anywhere

-tortoise
The Ad explicitly says the interest subsidy cannot be exchanged for a cash discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks