Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 13:14   #4846
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

REPLY re: TCM/PCM from Ford India dated 5th of March 2024:-

"Software update

To clarify once more, software updates are exclusively conducted during specific field service actions, not routine servicing, and are complimentary for customers. Your vehicle did not require a software update during its recent / last service in India, as PCM and TCM software updates are not required for the last field service actions conducted on for your vehicle."

--------------------

The above statement contrasts with what I had previously understood to be routine procedure during service intervals and is in response to my query seeking clarification below;

March 2, 2024

I have included datasheet which highlights (dots) available updates that TrustFord UK have advised to be outstanding based on my VIN. George, my UK Service Advisor was kind enough to share his computer screen which described every aspect of my vehicle, even the colour being Sunset Red. This includes TCM/PCM plus 7 other items as described in attached report dated 2016-2017. I was informed it could cost upto GBP 600.00 @ £150 per hour labour to update these as the vehicle would occupy a bay in the workshop preventing other vehicles from being tended to. You have stated the updates are not necessary. With such disparate advices...how am I supposed to interpret what is being communicated? On the surface it appears Ford are willing to charge customers for works that are not required. On the other hand, transmission updates which could enhance fuel efficiency must be relevant, surely (?) Please confirm.
Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 20:49   #4847

Greetings to all esteemed members.
I have a Ford Endeavour 3.2 , 2017 model. Want to seek help with tailgate issue.
Intermittently the tailgate does not respond using key or the button located inside. About 2 weeks back I noticed a slight lag between pressing of buttons on key or inside button and opening of the tailgate. As of now it doesn’t open using either of the buttons. However when vehicle is driven few kilometres it starts working but 2-3 times only. I had replaced battery about a year ago.
I suspect that there may be issue with voltage supplied to latch motor or latch motor may be malfunctioning. There are no other issues apart from this.
I request expert views on the issue.
Dust83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 22:53   #4848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust83 View Post
I have a Ford Endeavour 3.2 , 2017 model. Want to seek help with tailgate issue.
I had replaced battery about a year ago.
I suspect that there may be issue with voltage supplied to latch motor or latch motor may be malfunctioning. There are no other issues apart from this.
I request expert views on the issue.
Battery is the prime reason for tailgate not working on its own. Don’t go by the age of battery, depends on how much you drive. If it’s not regular, the tailgate operation is limited to save battery charge.
Other important point to note, there was a tailgate software update recall for 2017 3.2L Endeavour. In 2022 & 2023 I got many calls and WhatsApp messages from my Ford dealer to visit service center to get software updated as they are part of recall due to some potential safety issue. Since mine had no problem I did not bother as in initial years I was quite enthusiastic about software update (even started a thread here on Sync update process) but after sometime I realised that Ford did not add any feature in updates it rather took away some of the features. e.g. speed dial, call log equaliser range etc.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 23:18   #4849

Thanks Wanderers. I'll try a long drive and update on the issue. Even I think the same, since its been around 3 months that I have not gone on a long drive. Daily running is around 8-10 km.
Old 15th April 2024, 23:20   #4850
BHPian

Evening, Folks.. your experience/knowhow would be much appreciated:
Has any one tried out changing the control arm bushes for their 3.2 Endevor (just the bushes not the entire assembly- count 8?) if so how was it sourced and where/who helped to work on its replacement. (scouting here in Chennai). Service center as usual recommends the entire set replacement, not just the child parts. sigh!
Thanks much!
Old 17th April 2024, 04:40   #4851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Evening, Folks.. your experience/knowhow would be much appreciated:
Has any one tried out changing the control arm bushes for their 3.2 Endevor (just the bushes not the entire assembly- count 8?) if so how was it sourced and where/who helped to work on its replacement. (scouting here in Chennai). Service center as usual recommends the entire set replacement, not just the child parts. sigh!
Thanks much!
The bush kit can certainly be replaced but do check the ball joints etc as well. Sometimes if multiple things are worn it will turn out far cheaper in the long run to replace both arms.

Take your car to Chennai Ford Ambattur or better, if you can make a trip to Kovai, Suryabala Ford and see what you are told there.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks