Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 17:48   #16
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

In January, the Endeavour sold 480 units (Fortuner = 825):

I have a doubt, when the bookings started at the far end of january, they sold 480 in just 7 days?
Old 16th February 2016, 18:01   #17

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th February 2016 at 09:46.
DRPrevs is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th February 2016, 18:15   #18
BHPian

Fantastic Review Guys!

I am in a fix again. Tiguan or the new Endeavour? Going to do a TD soon.

A Quick Question. What Speed does the 3.2 L top off at? Some reports suggested 150 - 160 kmph.

Thanks!
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
bookings started at the far end of january, they sold 480 in just 7 days
Data for sales is always for manufacturer to dealership and not to end customers. Numbers look correct , ideally they should have manufactured even more to ensure customers who book get delivery on time. There have been many instances where sales flatten out after initial launch. Expect these numbers to increase in coming months as they ramp up their production . Fortuner sales can only reduce from these highs , even toyota loyal customers will consider higher version of Innova over current Fortuner / Endeavour.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th February 2016 at 18:20.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:23   #20
BHPian

Absolutely the most detailed review. Awesome. Thanks indeed for this. Finished reading in one go.

I just booked the 3.2 Titanium yesterday and hope to get this soon. This review greatly helps understand the details we otherwise overlook.

Great job guys. You are the best.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:31   #21
BHPian

Take a bow, S2!!! Brilliantly reviewed and presented.

Ford has done a fantastic job in maintaining its butch and masculine looks. As mentioned in the review, this car will age gracefully. I fail to see this car dissolve in the lot dominated by the Fortuner. Finally a strong competitor to the segment leader.
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:36   #22
BHPian

This is an awesome review @S2!!! Deserves 5 star rating!

Couple of points I noticed during TD are:
  1. All 4 windows are one touch in Titanium variant and not just driver and passenger.
  2. The GPS hardware is present, you can see long-lat in info display. I guess the maps are missing and can be loaded by the dealer.
  3. If I am not wrong the wifi hotspot is present in Indian version too.

Last edited by GTO : 17th February 2016 at 09:53. Reason: Typos
nrahul is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th February 2016, 18:37   #23
BHPian

Awesome review. Seems like a very competent, proper SUV, a proper 'Ford', very formidable player in the SUV segment. Timing of the upgrade couldn't be better. Ford is surely taking India very seriously, as it should. Ford has certainly gained a lot of respect in last 5 years with their Figo. Hope, its competitor in global markets, Toyota, follows the suit and upgrades its portfolio too. Their Innova, although as reliable as ever, seems to be aging and Fortuner may face stiff competition from the rest. We can certainly use some Toyota hatchback options, besides Liva, and some more in entry level Sedan segment too.
Mithrandir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 19:21   #24
BHPian

Thankyou so much for the great review S2, couldn't have come at a better time. Was glued to it and finished it in a single go.

Test ride just started here in jalandhar around 4-5 days back, yet to experience one in muscle.
naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 19:31   #25
BHPian

Brilliant Review S2 and the team, i was glued to the content and given my attention disorder, this one was a breeze to read past. Love the coverage of everything in depth and explained in the most simplistic manner.
I commented on the preview that this would sell well if priced correctly and looks like Ford have done a great job on the pricing.

P.S. Karan your camparo on the Fortuner is much appreciated.
P.P.S We get it, it should be a mantra on Team BHP, No 4x4 No SUV.
Car-tya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Fantastic Review Guys!

I am in a fix again. Tiguan or the new Endeavour? Going to do a TD soon.

A Quick Question. What Speed does the 3.2 L top off at?

Thanks!
that's too low. I am sure it will be much more. Respecting our forum policy all I can say that the Storme (32nm) and XUV top out about 30kmph more than what you have said..... so you can figure out what the 3.2 liter would be capable of.
Old 16th February 2016, 20:07   #27
BANNED

What a brilliant review for an equally brilliant vehicle! Take a bow, you both! Now I won't be really happy if I were at the helm of Toyota India, how am I going to price the New Fortuner? If prospective buyers aren't blind fans, Fortuner isn't going to have things easy. Ford has done the right thing in pricing as far as recent launches are concerned. Now they need to bring in an SUV/Crossover in the ₹ 15-20 lakh category. If this don't sell, then I wonder what else will.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 20:37   #28
BHPian

A very comprehensive review offering valuable insights. Hope the Americans finally got the SUV right in India.
grkonweb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 20:37   #29
BHPian

Awesome review! Deserves 6 stars out of 5.

I just hope Ford is able to sell numbers with the new Endeavour. It's a classy SUV which ticks all marks. It should ideally outsell the Fortuner every month, considering the product and the price, but then Ford turned up with bad sales figures with the Figo twins. Hoping its not the same case this time.
dhruvhersh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 20:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review, as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
...Ambient lighting has 7 colours to choose from! This feature is only available on the Titanium variant:

A look at the blue backlight. Don't miss the purple ambient lighting in the footwells:

Door pockets and handles have ambient lighting too (shown here in red). Also, all the switches are backlit:

And now, red ambient lighting in the footwell too:...
Ahh, there comes the "ultimate" deal / variant chooser, for me! Can't really take my eyes and heart off from some bling stuff, be it a 10L Brezza or a 30L Endeavor.

Quote:
...Here’s a look at some of the accessories on offer. We’re still surprised as to why Satellite Navigation isn’t part of standard equipment:...
Most of the drivers / passengers today have a phone / tablet with navigation. While it's nice to have it integrated straight off the factory, I don't think anyone would miss this feature anymore.

For those who need it, it's available as an accessory. By this, Ford may be saving some cost / making money (from those choosing it). I am a fan of such things which we can add as an extra accessory than not providing an "un-doable" stock feature.

Quote:
Chief Competitors of the Ford Endeavour
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport...
Just made me realize that we never reviewed the Pajero Sport officially.

Quote:
...Chevrolet Trailblazer...
A new SUV which already lost the game. Chevy had ample time to bring a good product, but they chose not to!

Quote:
...Mahindra XUV500...
How times have changed! M&M definitely can feel proud to have their vehicle feature against the biggies! How one product can make all the difference for a in-house brand perceived of making budget cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...In so many ways, the formula is similar to the XUV500's - only difference being it's a full segment higher. VFM pricing, strong engineering, friendly interiors, balanced on-road behaviour, loaded with features & a laundry list of safety equipment. Just like SUVs have killed the D-segment sedans, this new breed of 30 lakh SUVs will take away some sales from equivalently priced sedans....

The game is on.
Seriously! I, just as a viewer of Indian car industry is extremely happy with the transition witnessed in the last 5 years. The kind of product ingestion / feature incorporation that has happened in the recent past has been heart warming. And Ford has actually taken the lead with Ecosport / New Figo / Aspire / Endeavor. Ford deserves some RESPECT to do this in various segments! Such products actually can make other manufactures come out of their laziness and provide better & timely iterations in the market.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th February 2016 at 20:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks