Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2016, 08:17   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Upsizing from 18" will definitely compromise ride quality but will improve handling.

Regarding your enquiry:
GPS hardware is already installed , all you need is the sofware (maps)

To drive in S mode just move the gear shifter towards you and notch it up and down in the" + "and "-"
I got official Ford customer service email that the center console infotainment unit doesn't have full GPS capabilities for Sat nav. Dealer will remove the unit and send it to mount electronics in Chennai along with map kit for assembly. Once the car comes to dealership, it could take a week for this to be completed.
At 1.2 lakhs, it's just not worth it. IMHO.
Old 28th February 2016, 10:02   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Booked 3.2 AT Titanium at Lathangi Ford Today .

With a heavy heart ditched my long term dream Pajero. May be I should change my username to Endeavour4Me
Congratulations. What is the wait period quoted by Lathangi? Is it the same for 2.2 AT Titanium?
Old 28th February 2016, 11:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Congratulations. What is the wait period quoted by Lathangi? Is it the same for 2.2 AT Titanium?
Thank you, For 3.2 AT Titanium Sunset Red, they are quoting wait period of 60 days. (Upto 5 months specifically for White) .
The sales manager mentioned that unexpectedly the bookings are more for Titanium trims and hence highest wait periods. He also mentioned that other trims can be arranged in shorter time periods, but did not mention a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am sure you will not regret this decision.
Ford has a much better service network compared to Mitsubishi.
All the best
Hope so... The electronics of the vehicle played up a bit when i took the test drive yesterday.The vehicle was in 4*4 Low and was not letting me disengage it.Also the ESP was OFF and would not let me turn it ON.After several button presses finally all this was sorted out.I am forcing my mind to believe that it was an operator error and not a vehicle issue :( . So keeping fingers crossed...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th February 2016 at 12:05. Reason: B2B posts merged.
Old 28th February 2016, 16:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Few questions/information after 250KM ride.

1. Clicking the 'Where I am" button shows me the GPS coordinates. Does that mean the infotainment system is GPS enabled? Can adding an SD card with MAPS enable navigation?

2. I like to cover the floor with complete floor mat - any suggestions or recommendations?

3. I see the car's turning radius is very less, and easy to turn. (anyone knows exact turning radius?)

4. How to drive in S mode? I am new to this. I have been using an i10 that has no S mode.
Congrats @agbenny.
what model is your vehicle? is it a 3.2 titanium? how was ownership experience so far? also did you buy any accessories?
Old 28th February 2016, 16:47   #170
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th February 2016 at 17:13. Reason: see note in post
The Dude is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2016, 19:01   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Hope so... The electronics of the vehicle played up a bit when i took the test drive yesterday.The vehicle was in 4*4 Low and was not letting me disengage it.Also the ESP was OFF and would not let me turn it ON.After several button presses finally all this was sorted out.I am forcing my mind to believe that it was an operator error and not a vehicle issue :( . So keeping fingers crossed...
I had the same problem during the test drive. I had to slot the AT leaver in neutral to disengage the 4x4 Low and change the terrain mode. I think its built that way. Terrain modes can be changed on the fly but for 4x4 Low the vehicle has to be at stand still and in neutral.

Last edited by dockap : 28th February 2016 at 19:06.
Old 28th February 2016, 20:51   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I had the same problem during the test drive. I had to slot the AT leaver in neutral to disengage the 4x4 Low and change the terrain mode. I think its built that way. Terrain modes can be changed on the fly but for 4x4 Low the vehicle has to be at stand still and in neutral.
4x4 low can only be engaged when in neutral at standstill. This is applicable to all vehicles have a 4L facility.
Old 28th February 2016, 23:16   #173

I was told by the sales guy at a local Ford dealership today that bookings for 3.2 have been stopped across India, and that the delivery period has climbed to 8 - 10 months. Is this what others are experiencing/hearing elsewhere?

If true, this has to cost some people at Ford their jobs, really poor planning.
atthewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 09:47   #174
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I got 2.2 L Titanium on 17th (booked on Jan 23rd). There was 15 days delay due to RTO approval.

I have driven only around 300 km and I am not in a position to test thoroughly and write a detailed review. I trust I require a 400-500 long drive to write a fair review, which I do not think is possible due to my hectic schedules until April.

However, I want to bring one important think to those who intend to buy - The gear shift.

I have driven 3.2 before buying and 2.2 after buying. I do not see a big difference in power within the City limits. I didn't get a chance to drive beyond 90kmph speed- so I cannot compare the power/output.

However, They both have this issue, which I consider the "biggest". It is the lethargic gearshift between 2nd and 3rd. TO ME - seems to be a major concern now. The engine roars heavily during upshift, and the gearbox isn't responsive. There is a clear 2-3 sec delay and that is enough to make the engine cry, and I am sure it is a big drawback considering the fuel efficiency. Within the City traffic 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are major needs- and I see the vehicle is failing!

Most of the magazines and online video reviews by experts didn't mention this, which is a surprise to me.

Even in team-bhp review, our friends mentioned only revving beyond 120 as an issue, and this gearshift issue is missing. I do not know why.

I do not know if the vehicle could learn by driving any further, and changes its behaviour. I do not know if Ford can do anything about this too.

Rest are fine - the drive, steering, electricals, sensors etc. But I wanted to write you this, requesting you to TD at least 50-100 km within City and then decide. You can take this as a word of caution.

After spending 32L, you will require 100% satisfaction, I am missing it a bit! I do not know if things would change after driving around 1000-2000 kms - But I do not expect it to happen.

However, I think I can live with this, due to other factors- and you have read it everywhere already, That list could be lengthy :-).

Last edited by agbenny : 29th February 2016 at 09:49.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 10:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

After spending 32L, you will require 100% satisfaction, I am missing it a bit! I do not know if things would change after driving around 1000-2000 kms - But I do not expect it to happen.

However, I think I can live with this, due to other factors- and you have read it everywhere already, That list could be lengthy :-).
If you can please wait for the new Fortuner. I too evaluated the Endevour and I find something lacking after plonking 30-40 lakhs on it. Can't place my finger on it, but the expected benefit/upgrade from my Storme after spending more than double the amount is just not there.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 12:52   #176
BHPian

Budget is going to bump up the price of the 3.2 L Titanium to almost 40 lakhs OTR Mumbai. Not good news.
Old 29th February 2016, 13:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
However, I want to bring one important think to those who intend to buy - The gear shift.

I have driven 3.2 before buying and 2.2 after buying. I do not see a big difference in power within the City limits. I didn't get a chance to drive beyond 90kmph speed- so I cannot compare the power/output.

However, They both have this issue, which I consider the "biggest". It is the lethargic gearshift between 2nd and 3rd. TO ME - seems to be a major concern now. The engine roars heavily during upshift, and the gearbox isn't responsive. There is a clear 2-3 sec delay and that is enough to make the engine cry, and I am sure it is a big drawback considering the fuel efficiency. Within the City traffic 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are major needs- and I see the vehicle is failing!

Most of the magazines and online video reviews by experts didn't mention this, which is a surprise to me.

Even in team-bhp review, our friends mentioned only revving beyond 120 as an issue, and this gearshift issue is missing. I do not know why.
Hi agbenny,

I think this is what I experienced when trying to accelerate on the highway after entering from an on-ramp, then trying to get into the fast lane.

The Endy would not move at all for a few seconds. (Maybe this was from gears 3 to 4, or 4 to 5?? Maybe 2 to 3, as you stated - I wasn't looking at the dash, but trying to do a safe lane change)

I posted this in the other (earlier) thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3913003

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel View Post
I was told by the sales guy at a local Ford dealership today that bookings for 3.2 have been stopped across India, and that the delivery period has climbed to 8 - 10 months. Is this what others are experiencing/hearing elsewhere?

If true, this has to cost some people at Ford their jobs, really poor planning.
I strongly suspect there are some real problems with the car now - but why haven't we heard anything from Australia yet??

Maybe it is indeed only the planning of Ford India...

However, I think that the vehicle is *awesome*, but the niggles have to be fine-tuned out.

Major ones in my opinion are the transmission to be improved in conjunction with the engine, possibly better 4wd engaging a bit faster, the center console of the dashboard to be redesigned and a variety of interiors for us.

Personal changes: Black/dark interiors and could redesign rear end (They can make it *much* more macho and/or appealing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If you can please wait for the new Fortuner. I too evaluated the Endevour and I find something lacking after plonking 30-40 lakhs on it. Can't place my finger on it, but the expected benefit/upgrade from my Storme after spending more than double the amount is just not there.
Have you heard anything on the new Fortuner? Even my dealer is simply deflecting any questions I ask them on this matter!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 29th February 2016 at 13:07.
Old 29th February 2016, 13:09   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Budget is going to bump up the price of the 3.2 L Titanium to almost 40 lakhs OTR Mumbai. Not good news.
Wait - when does this come into effect?

For others info:

"12.29 p.m.: 4% high capacity tax for SUVs. "

http://www.thehindu.com/business/bud...cle8293531.ece

OMG.

I now think that Jeep trying to sell in India is going to be a *really* tough sell - their top guys were telling me that they were waiting for the Budget to see what would happen and then start moving forward!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 29th February 2016 at 13:14.
Old 29th February 2016, 13:13   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Wait - when does this come into effect?

For others info:

"12.29 p.m.: 4% high capacity tax for SUVs. "

http://www.thehindu.com/business/bud...cle8293531.ece
Should be effective from 1st April but considering the Delivery Timelines provided by Ford, the rules would apply at the time of the Invoicing of the vehicle.

The Exact % differs as per various sites. There is a 1 % Service Charge for cars above 10 lakhs and a 3.5 % Cess on High Capacity SUVs.

Last edited by kimianks : 29th February 2016 at 13:15.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 14:51   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Cost for 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore would be an additional Rs.52,867 approximately.
1% additional tax on ex showroom value (28,700) + 4% cess (on RTO + additional 1% tax) that would be 24,167.
So total additional cost would be Rs.52,867 there by taking the onroad cost to about 36.68 Lakhs (including insurance, essential kit, 3rd year additional warranty etc). This would be effective April 1st.

Most Viewed