Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 12:20   #241

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hey guys,

I just got the post budget price list for endeavour (Delhi NCR). Notice the pocket tearing insurance by ford.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160310wa0001.jpg  

Arjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 12:30   #242

Hey guys, this might sound like a silly question but after reading the review I has a question on whether the new Endeavour had rear locking differentials or Limited slip differential like the one in fortuner or if it actually had a rear differential lock or diff lock as most call it.
Old 10th March 2016, 13:04   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Good news for all those who have booked/planning to book the new Endeavour. A little birdie (an insider) told me that Ford is going to ramp up the production in April and they may focus on 3.2 Titanium. Hope Ford gets the forecasting right this time. No clarity on the post-budget prices yet.
Received this yesterday.

Not sure if these are pre- or post-budget prices, as I am now out of the Endy market at this time, 95% sure...

Thought it might help.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ENDEAVOUR PRICE LIST MARCH 2016.xlsx (79.9 KB, 712 views)
Old 10th March 2016, 13:12   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Received this yesterday.

Not sure if these are pre- or post-budget prices, as I am now out of the Endy market at this time, 95% sure...

Thought it might help.
These are post Budget prices. Pre Budget was around 35.5 Lakhs OTR Mumbai.

So you have written off your decision for an Endy?
Old 10th March 2016, 13:15   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
These are post Budget prices. Pre Budget was around 35.5 Lakhs OTR Mumbai.

So you have written off your decision for an Endy?
Yes, unfortunately.

Just after I posted, the Toyota dealer called me (again - as I didn't pick up earlier this morning) that they were going to pay Octroi on the F.

Told them to hold up, as I needed to inspect first.

They were pretty desperate to close the deal, so managed to wrangle the loan payment from the bank somehow...

(I also saved on Budget taxes on it, as it was last year's model)

Still, the question remains as to whether Ford is even ready with spares, service and production as of now - also need that (unobtainable?) black interior...

Another point is I think it would be good to monitor the owner's reports over a year to see how it really holds up...

In addition, we would be paying *much* more post-budget as well - which is inevitable, due to lack of stock with Ford.

** Oh yes - it ended up that the Jeep GC SRT (the other vehicle which was being considered (a Limited or Summit though), in my favorite color, navy blue) was parked nearby last night - not so impressive due to lack of 3rd row and low(er) clearance... **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Mathew View Post
Hey guys, this might sound like a silly question but after reading the review I has a question on whether the new Endeavour had rear locking differentials or Limited slip differential like the one in fortuner or if it actually had a rear differential lock or diff lock as most call it.
Yes, I think it has a rear locking diff, probably when you engage low - there were 2 buttons (1 low range?) to be pressed as I recall from the videos - as I never put it into 4wd locked mode during my TD.

Would help you out with specifics, but a bit busy now.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 10th March 2016 at 13:24.
Old 10th March 2016, 14:54   #246
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Received this yesterday.

Thought it might help.
Yep these are post budget.

OTR prices are higher by 1.5L approx for 3.2 4X4 AT Titanium Variant.

But that is true for all fresh stock vehicles in the segment across brands.
Old 10th March 2016, 14:57   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep these are post budget.

OTR prices are higher by 1.5L approx for 3.2 4X4 AT Titanium Variant.

But that is true for all fresh stock vehicles in the segment across brands.
With that sort of a jump, then I saved 1.5 + 0.6 L = 2.1 L by choosing not to go with an Endeavour purchased after the budget. (Not including the Storme & Fortuner discount being given)

Will definitely keep an open mind in the coming months, once Ford has fixed their problems...

OT: Does anyone know where I could find Fortuner pricing for Sept 2015 in BOM? Please PM me directly. Thanks!
Old 10th March 2016, 14:59   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Mathew View Post
Endaevour has an electronically lockable differential and electronically controlled low ratio box.

The Fortuner has a mechanically lockable centre differential(LL mode)
Old 10th March 2016, 15:00   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Endaevour has an electronically lockable differential and electronically controlled low ratio box.
Can one lock the differential only for higher speed use? (For example, in a rally situation?)
Old 10th March 2016, 16:35   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hey guys,

I just got the post budget price list for endeavour (Delhi NCR). Notice the pocket tearing insurance by ford.
The price difference between Trend and Titanium 3.2 is about 1.5 Lakhs, however insurance has jumped up by 27k? that's weird! Dealers just trying to milk the most sought after variants?
Old 10th March 2016, 19:14   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
The price difference between Trend and Titanium 3.2 is about 1.5 Lakhs, however insurance has jumped up by 27k? that's weird! Dealers just trying to milk the most sought after variants?
Yes that's what it looks like. They are trying to make as much money as possible from the higher variants knowing that it will make the most sales.

I had booked my endy 3.2 titanium on 6th of Feb so waiting for it to be available for delivery and then try and negotiate to cut out the insurance part and get it done from outside (Or at least my agent has assured me so that he'll convince the dealer to let me do my own insurance). Lets wait and see.
Old 11th March 2016, 08:43   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
T
Many of the accessories are not available. I purchased front seat neck rests, pillow, door visors, paint protection and under body coating. Other accessories i have purchased online like dash cam, Satellite Navigator, HUD.
Congratulation. I am still waiting for my vehicle. Please share details regarding the accessories purchased online like dash cam, Satellite Navigator, HUD. If possible share the link.

Thankyou
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 20:10   #253
BHPian

Have been getting conflicting delivery schedules for 3.2L Titanium. Bhavna Ford states 4 to 5 months while SC Ford says 7 at least!

I dont think I would be willing to wait that long for a car. A lot can change over 6 months..will decide by next week.
Old 11th March 2016, 20:26   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Have been getting conflicting delivery schedules for 3.2L Titanium. Bhavna Ford states 4 to 5 months while SC Ford says 7 at least!

I dont think I would be willing to wait that long for a car. A lot can change over 6 months..will decide by next week.
Exactly the info I am getting.

That's also what I decided - no point in waiting.

Better to see what Ford is capable of in the coming months, and whether any problems with the Endy surface...

Also, the Budget's increased taxation just tacked on a bit more to pay!

Maybe they also redesign the rear end to make it more macho-looking - it's a bit too effeminate in my opinion.
Old 11th March 2016, 22:31   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Congratulation. I am still waiting for my vehicle. Please share details regarding the accessories purchased online like dash cam, Satellite Navigator, HUD. If possible share the link.

Thankyou
I second this. Please send links or brand details and cost for HD and Dash cam.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed