Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 00:14   #256
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Congratulation. I am still waiting for my vehicle. Please share details regarding the accessories purchased online like dash cam, Satellite Navigator, HUD. If possible share the link.

Thankyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I second this. Please send links or brand details and cost for HD and Dash cam.
Hi,
http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-Drive.../dp/B00U701N72
I brought it with the 64 sd gb card at the bottom of the page but i have stopped using it because i found out all ford cars the 12v power sockets do not switch off with the car so every time i have to disconnect and reconnect it when i park the car. there is a way out but you have to spend on this do not know if its worth it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dashcam-Quic...-/301471600220

sat nav
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mapm...tor/1105161650

hud is yet to be shipped there is some delay from seller
http://www.ebay.in/itm/A8-5-5-Car-HU...cAAOSwiLdV98Q9

now there is another from china cheaper
http://www.ebay.in/itm/A8-Car-HUD-He...IAAOSwr7ZW4Uss

Last edited by dockap : 12th March 2016 at 00:40.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 10:40   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
My Beast has arrived. Panther black 3.2 titanium. what do i name him
Bagheera-if you want a desi touch- inspired from the mowgli movie
Cougar- if you want a videsi touch- inspired from the move top gun
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 10:46   #258
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Here is the post budget pricing in Bangalore.

3.2 4x4 Titanium
Basic Price 25,99,448.00
Vat @14.5 % 3,76,692.00
Exshowroom 29,76,368.00
Road Tax & Reg 6,06,866.00
Insurance 1,36,615.00
Essn Pack 11,000.00
Extended warr 20,494.00
On Road 37,51,343.00

An increase of 1.35 Lakhs

And Ford customer care is showing attitude that they don't care about customer commitments, basically I am still waiting for the 3.2 titanium booking which I made with in couple of hours of the launch (on Jan 20th).

Did anyone else (other than doc) get a 3.2 titanium delivery (who made the booking on Jan 20th or later)?
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 13:24   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Did anyone else (other than doc) get a 3.2 titanium delivery (who made the booking on Jan 20th or later)?
I think no one (except doc) got 3.2 Titanium delivered at least in team-bhp. I booked before launch and the sales executive said he will try to get it delivered before this month end. Seems like I'm the only person to be stubborn about titanium and rest have moved to trend and most of them got it too.

If before april we can save a little in depreciation and insurance which is going to go up by around 25%.
Old 13th March 2016, 13:26   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
If before april we can save a little in depreciation and insurance which is going to go up by around 25%.
Do you mean that depreciation/insurance deductions will be increased if booked in accounts before the end of the fiscal year?

Kindly explain. Thanks.
Old 13th March 2016, 15:17   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the post budget pricing in Bangalore.

3.2 4x4 Titanium
Basic Price 25,99,448.00
Vat @14.5 % 3,76,692.00
Exshowroom 29,76,368.00
Road Tax & Reg 6,06,866.00
Insurance 1,36,615.00
Essn Pack 11,000.00
Extended warr 20,494.00
On Road 37,51,343.00

An increase of 1.35 Lakhs

And Ford customer care is showing attitude that they don't care about customer commitments, basically I am still waiting for the 3.2 titanium booking which I made with in couple of hours of the launch (on Jan 20th).

Which dealer did you book with? I have been committed end March delivery. Though my revised price break-up adds to 37.49
Old 13th March 2016, 18:48   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Do you mean that depreciation/insurance deductions will be increased if booked in accounts before the end of the fiscal year?

Kindly explain. Thanks.
Insurance premium is increasing by 25% after april which is reported in team-bhp news section.

Depreciation of a vehicle leads to deduction from income tax in the corresponding year. If bought in this financial year itself then i might enjoy tax savings of around a lakh for next assessment year and that will reduce every year then on according to the value of the car.
Old 13th March 2016, 21:34   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Insurance premium is increasing by 25% after april which is reported in team-bhp news section.

Depreciation of a vehicle leads to deduction from income tax in the corresponding year. If bought in this financial year itself then i might enjoy tax savings of around a lakh for next assessment year and that will reduce every year then on according to the value of the car.
Oh great - I should save a bit on 2 vehicles as well, I gather...

I will have to check that news out as well.

Edited to Add: Found it - here's the link to the story: http://www.team-bhp.com/news/motor-i...ier-april-2016

And the forum discussion: http://www.team-bhp.com/news/motor-i...ier-april-2016

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 13th March 2016 at 21:35.
Old 14th March 2016, 10:36   #264
BHPian

Cancelled our booking for the 3.2 Titanium, the never ending wait and the increasing taxes/insurance etc seem to be pushing the price way too high.
Wish Ford had their act together and delivered on time!
The dealers are sitting with multiple trend variants on stock, which have no takers, and not getting enough Titaniums which everyone is aiming for.
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:08   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Cancelled our booking for the 3.2 Titanium, the never ending wait and the increasing taxes/insurance etc seem to be pushing the price way too high.
Wish Ford had their act together and delivered on time!
The dealers are sitting with multiple trend variants on stock, which have no takers, and not getting enough Titaniums which everyone is aiming for.
What are the other realistic options we can consider at this time?

1. fortuner - again there is a new one on the horizon (2017 launch / wait would be similar)
2. trailblazer - not good
3. pajero sport - there is a new version which may not make it inida for couple of years
4. Santafe - comes close, but there is a face lift available in int markets (not yet updated in India).

would be interesting to debate this and look at options collectively.
Old 14th March 2016, 14:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
What are the other realistic options we can consider at this time?

1. fortuner - again there is a new one on the horizon (2017 launch / wait would be similar)
2. trailblazer - not good
3. pajero sport - there is a new version which may not make it inida for couple of years
4. Santafe - comes close, but there is a face lift available in int markets (not yet updated in India).

would be interesting to debate this and look at options collectively.
I went for the old Fortuner because it has Torsen AWD/4WD and the new version reportedly has 4wd only on demand. (Have to switch it on)

The ride quality isn't as good, but at least I have it in hand now. (shortly, waiting for registration)

I will then wait for the Endy situation's dust to clear and go with one then... (or a Jeep GC - but they are in an even worse situation!)

Fortuner truly is not worth it, but one cannot choose in this market! ::td:: (Also major safety issues. I just was doing highway speed lane changes on the F TD vehicle when the electronic stability control kicked in, which was very unnerving. What to do!)

The Ford dealer was trying to get me to buy a Trend, but even he could not get me any delivery dates for it!
Old 14th March 2016, 15:10   #267
BHPian

Surprisingly I saw two titanium one smoke grey and one white in Alibag. Not sure 2.2 or 3.2. Never expected to see the titanium version (two in a day ) in a small town.
Old 14th March 2016, 15:25   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Surprisingly I saw two titanium one smoke grey and one white in Alibag. Not sure 2.2 or 3.2. Never expected to see the titanium version (two in a day ) in a small town.
Possibly the rich (therefore connected) and famous, a lot of them out there now?

(Also more reason to have one over there, due to the terrain)

I haven't seen a single one in South Mumbai so far...
Old 14th March 2016, 16:01   #269
BHPian

Depreciation will be 7.5 % for the Current year on a new purchase and 15 % from thereon. ( Just checked with the CA )

Also had a chat with the Nerul Dealership. Trend Deliveries have been going on. The First Titanium Delivery is on 30th March. According to the rep he booked in November End ( doubt that ) but they have 75 bookings for the Titanium.

Biggest Headache is that they are unwilling to get the car down to Mumbai proper for TDs. The Management is too adamant and quite frankly Ford is losing loads of customers due to a lack of a dealer network in Mumbai Proper.

The Malad Dealership is a joke. They are stating unrealistic delivery schedules. I have scheduled a TD through them though but if I do book one, I would persist with the Nerul dealership.

I also hail from South Mumbai. I have not seen one either..

Last edited by kimianks : 14th March 2016 at 16:15.
Old 14th March 2016, 16:09   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I went for the old Fortuner because it has Torsen AWD/4WD and the new version reportedly has 4wd only on demand. (Have to switch it on)

The ride quality isn't as good, but at least I have it in hand now. (shortly, waiting for registration)

I will then wait for the Endy situation's dust to clear and go with one then... (or a Jeep GC - but they are in an even worse situation!)

Fortuner truly is not worth it, but one cannot choose in this market! ::td:: (Also major safety issues. I just was doing highway speed lane changes on the F TD vehicle when the electronic stability control kicked in, which was very unnerving. What to do!)

The Ford dealer was trying to get me to buy a Trend, but even he could not get me any delivery dates for it!
Thanks.
How about Santafe , yes it won't have a proper 4x4, but should be comparable for the rest of the features?

Most Viewed