Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:28   #361
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No , I don't think this is something you will see on any of Auto's . However if you put these in manual position then you can see the gears on the instrument panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
Water coming out from behind wheel well is normal, drain tube. Condensation on the roof top is a no no. Condensation might happen inside the roof too and spoil the roof lining. Please get it checked. Most probably the insulation around the cooling tubes might be shifted or not present.
drjones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:16   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Will check in noon and update.But water coming from rear should be normal , it used to happen in my Innova as well. This should be due to rear cooling coil / evaporator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Water coming out from behind wheel well is normal, drain tube. Condensation on the roof top is a no no. Condensation might happen inside the roof too and spoil the roof lining. Please get it checked. Most probably the insulation around the cooling tubes might be shifted or not present.
This condensation can be seen only in the evening or night. It is pretty hot here in day time so no chance of condensation during the day.
I took the vehicle to the service center but they said it is normal and nothing to worry about. I am still not convinced. Pridered and Turbanator if possible during the evening or night switch on the rear AC full blast and take a short spin and then climb on the side step and rear right tyre and have a look at the roof on the rear right.
Today i activated the Wifi in the vehicle HU and connected it to my phone on which i had activated Wifi hotspot. Abroad it is possible to use a USB dongle with internet to create a Wifi zone in the vehicle.If anyone has a dongle maybe they can try and see if it works.
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:04   #363
BHPian

I don't know how useful that feature is built-in the car but one could easily plug-in a dongle which works when powered through any USB port including battery packs.

So I took back my DP cheque because I am not convinced with the insurance mandate by the dealer.

I will work to seam through and if not then "hello germans!"
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:32   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not observed till now , perhaps humidity in this part is not to that extent and more importantly I have not switched On rear AC till now - am driving alone. Will check in noon and update.But water coming from rear should be normal , it used to happen in my Innova as well. This should be due to rear cooling coil / evaporator.
The rear AC will have two pipes, and inlet and an outlet. The inlet has supercooled refrigerant gas circulation for the AC. This super chilled pipe in close proximity with a hot roof will lead to condensation around that area on the roof, like condensation around a cold drink glass. Nothing to worry, if you need this to stop ask the mechanics to fix rubber tubing around the inlet pipe.
Similar problem in my Storme's rear AC. The rubber wrapping stopped this issue. Earlier the plastic on my b pillar used to turn ice cold.
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:37   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is pretty hot here in day time so no chance of condensation during the day.
I took the vehicle to the service center but they said it is normal and nothing to worry about
I will check in evening and update but I don't think this should be anything to worry as it will happen only on outer - as explained by Apachelongbow. But let's wait how it works on mine and others to see if this is something generic or more specific to your car / area where you live.
Quote:
if you need this to stop ask the mechanics to fix rubber tubing around the inlet pipe.
That will be tough given the vehicles is brand new and taking apart roof just due to a missing rubber tubing ? probably not expected from FORD , of course with TATA one is mentally prepared for such adventures
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:52   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will check in evening and update but I don't think this should be anything to worry as it will happen only on outer - as explained by Apachelongbow. But let's wait how it works on mine and others to see if this is something generic or more specific to your car / area where you live.

That will be tough given the vehicles is brand new and taking apart roof just due to a missing rubber tubing ? probably not expected from FORD , of course with TATA one is mentally prepared for such adventures
Vehicles are built to a cost. If it involves saving 2 rupees for a rubber tube, everyone will do it. And not that Ford is the epitome of quality engineering by far. Atleast in the Storme it was a plastic trim that was getting cold, no issues per say. In this case the roof will get corroded internally and the roof trim will get wet and rotten
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:01   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it involves saving 2 rupees for a rubber tube, everyone will do it.
I don't think any manufacturer will actually save on money to cut short of something which directly affects operation of a vehicle as in this case rubber tube if that's the case at first place.
Quote:
In this case the roof will get corroded internally and the roof trim will get wet and rotten
If this is going to happen over extended period then probably we will have to get this sorted - won't feel nice & comfortable though.
Quote:
And not that Ford is the epitome of quality engineering by far.
this is my first FORD Car so I will reserve my comments for couple of months , however the basic feel and the way car is built - there is absolutely no comparison with our home companies.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd March 2016 at 11:03.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:14   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
Condensation seems little weird though water dripping is normal. I have water dripping in my XUV as well when rear AC is turned on.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:03   #369
BHPian

Installed HUD today. Looks awesome . Pics below
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20160323_170908_1_p.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20160323_180240_1_p.jpg  

dockap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 03:12   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Installed HUD today. Looks awesome . Pics below

Heads up Display looks nice.

What is the other information other than speed?
Is this a Ford accessory or an aftermarket fitment/brand name?
Where and how does it connect to the speedometre?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 24th March 2016 at 03:35.
Old 24th March 2016, 06:18   #371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Where and how does it connect to the speedometre?
Seems to be an aftermarket accessory.

It is connected via the OBD 2 port.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 06:59   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
I am going to escalate this to the highest possible level.
Did you get any response to the Insurance Query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I took their details from http://www.india.ford.com/institutional-sales and also included Anurag Mehrotra's id. Nothing happened on Friday, no reply yet.
They were to revert last week. Any response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Nevertheless 'End of May' seems to be a standard reply irrespective of the date of booking ???
We have the same dealer. I called them but they said no improvement and no confirmation yet. Did you get any update yet?

Quote:
I emailed some one specific in Sales, he is a senior person and he promptly reverted. He copied couple of other folks and have asked me to give time till Friday for the dealership to revert with the dates. Fingers crossed.
I am hoping you may have some update.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:40   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I am hoping you may have some update.
Dealer confirms that on or before May 31st, vehicle will be delivered. I am hoping so. I am going to test couple of different brands this weekend and then decide if i should wait or move on.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 09:34   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer confirms that on or before May 31st, vehicle will be delivered. I am hoping so. I am going to test couple of different brands this weekend and then decide if i should wait or move on.
Thanks. So what you are saying is that there is no improvement in waiting period even after contacting Ford management?
Old 24th March 2016, 10:00   #375
BHPian

Quote:
I took their details from http://www.india.ford.com/institutional-sales and also included Anurag Mehrotra's id. Nothing happened on Friday, no reply yet.
I am trying to contact the top management of Ford for the Endeavour as well as the Ecosport AT. Dealer claims that Ford has suspended manufacturing of the Ecosport in auto tranny for an unspecified period of time. Can you please share the mail id of Anurah Mehrotra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks