Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 15:39   #646
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
What all is in the essential kit? My friends Endeavour came with carpet mats and cargo liner. And I don't remember them charging anything extra in the invoice.
Mats are not available anywhere outside, specially in NCR as 2000cc + diesel car registration is banned. He has ordered 3D mats on aliexpress.
The essential kit is just the mat and cargo liner. And the dealer says its not free. Not even a single rupee discount or freebies on any variant of the endeavour. milking the cash cow to the max. Dealers are ok with insurance from outside.

Questions to the current owners who noticed the condensation issue

1) Did you get an update/resolution on the condensation issue ?
2) Did anyone find inconsistent paint quality on the vehicle ? I saw a sunset red color variant of the endeavour and it had inconsistent paint quality inside the bonnet, where the fender ends. But it's just one vehicle that seemed to have the problem but i am worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post

About the high beam, I initially did buy a Osram Night Breaker Unlimited from snapdeal but on taking it to the garage I realised that the socket in Endy was HB3 whereas the Osram bulb I bought was H4. So I had to go with Philips WhiteVission which was readily available in the garage. I have now exchanged the Osram H4 to HB3 and will be installing it during my first service. As far as I have researched I believe Osram has better visibility but longevity is less compared to Philips.
Aren't the default bulbs powerful enough ?

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 13th May 2016 at 15:42.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 16:43   #647
BHPian

On my recent trip to goa saw three red 3.2 titanium .. one one of which was with teambhp stickers in Mapusa. THREE RED ENDYS IN A DAY. Should i consider myself lucky?
Old 13th May 2016, 18:50   #648
BHPian

Update on Experience with Ford India regarding the insurance :

On Saturday Evening (7th may) I called the customer care and registered a complaint regarding the dealer not letting me take the insurance of my choice and essential kit. I was told someone will contact me on monday. As expected on monday morning, the dealer contacted me saying he is willing to negotiate on the insurance part and still insisted it is mandatory to take insurance from them, to which I politely declined. In between I tried to get in touch ford customer care, but unable to do so as their line was always busy (I called atleast 5 times and waited for 15 - 20 minutes each time). Finally by evening, I got a call from dealer telling me that insurance choice and essential kit is totally upto me. Immediately within 5 minutes I got call from customer care too informing the same. Overall a pleasant experience and resolved within a day. However it would have been great had they updated me on issue timely.

After all the drama, finally took the car today. Had driven for around 100 kms. The dealership filled 35 psi air in all tyres. So the ride was little bumpy especially on the small speed breakers. I think that will go with reducing the air pressure to 30.

P.S : I didnt opt for extended warranty, as the standrad warranty is 1,00,000 kms and 2 years. The extended warranty is just prolongs the warranty period by 1 years without any increase in kms i.e 1,00,000 kms and 3 years. I was not sure whether it is useful for us or not as our yearly usage will be approximately 40,000 to 50,000 kms. Anyways i have the choice to opt for it before the end of 2 years
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 21:57   #649
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Update on Experience with Ford India regarding the insurance :

After all the drama, finally took the car today. Had driven for around 100 kms. The dealership filled 35 psi air in all tyres. So the ride was little bumpy especially on the small speed breakers. I think that will go with reducing the air pressure to 30.
congrats Harsha.

An update on my endy (3.2), completed 2500 kms, need to do service. I have been driving for the last 1 week only in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore (office and home), its about 10 km each way and the fuel efficiency has dropped to 6.2 km/l. no other complaints.

btw. the condensation issue was noticeable only once, after that I have not seen the issue while I was in kerela. Also I haven't seen any issues with paint quality on my car.

the low beam in night driving is a real problem, I can't see any level adjustments (looks like in Titanium version there is an auto leveling function which keeps the throw to few meters). Anyone figured if we could adjust the leveling?

Also would we need to do any re-wiring for upgrading to night breaker HB3 bulbs (looks like its halogen not HID, is it not possible to use an HID bulb?)

Last edited by sknair : 13th May 2016 at 21:58.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 22:21   #650
Senior - BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, affects readability. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Update on Experience with Ford India regarding the insurance
=====
I was not sure whether it is useful for us or not as our yearly usage will be approximately 40,000 to 50,000 kms. Anyways i have the choice to opt for it before the end of 2 years
Congrats and have safe ride.
Keeping 30 psi will result in low pressure warning! Even 32 didn't work for me. I recommend to keep 35 psi of N2 instead of Air.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th May 2016 at 12:55. Reason: Mod note: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, affects readability. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2016, 02:04   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Keeping 30 psi will result in low pressure warning! Even 32 didn't work for me. I recommend to keep 35 psi of N2 instead of Air.
Did you try resetting TPMS after changing tyre pressure?
Old 14th May 2016, 09:12   #652
BHPian

Quote:
I have kept 30 psi in all four tyres and absolutely no warning and even tyre flex is minimal. Ride is now much comfortable after reducing from 33. If yours is in 35, I'm sure you'll rejoice if reduced to 30 psi . The manual itself say 30 psi for normal and 35 psi for economy.

Try to reset low pressure warning system after reducing it to 30.

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 14th May 2016 at 09:33.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 14:59   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I have kept 30 psi in all four tyres and absolutely no warning and even tyre flex is minimal. Ride is now much comfortable after reducing from 33. If yours is in 35, I'm sure you'll rejoice if reduced to 30 psi . The manual itself say 30 psi for normal and 35 psi for economy.

Try to reset low-pressure warning system after reducing it to 30.
I think it depends on the machine - not all of them show the same pressure. This is weird. At a Michelin dealer, it gives low-pressure warning with 30 PSI (which is actually irritating and I wanted the message to go off) and went to IOC petrol bunk - which was showing 31 and I increased it to 35PSI, and the message went off. I didn't feel bumpy, but a slight increase in fuel efficiency (9.6 to 10.3).

I think I should reduce a bit 34 or 33 and check again.

BTW, Did you try playing videos? Any tricks?
Old 14th May 2016, 18:07   #654
BHPian

Quote:
I think it depends on the machine - not all of them show the same pressure. This is weird. At a Michelin dealer, it gives low-pressure warning with 30 PSI (which is actually irritating and I wanted the message to go off) and went to IOC petrol bunk - which was showing 31 and I increased it to 35PSI, and the message went off. I didn't feel bumpy, but a slight increase in fuel efficiency (9.6 to 10.3).

I think I should reduce a bit 34 or 33 and check again.

BTW, Did you try playing videos? Any tricks?
You need to reset tire pressure monitoring system after every adjustment of tire pressure. See attached screenshot

My friend is getting Mirage audio media interface installed in his car, this should solve all your video and gps navigation problems. Though it could void warranty and it's not a plug and play that you can remove on your own, but I am told there is no wire cutting and it's a plug and play albeit dismantling dashboard center console.
https://www.facebook.com/Mirageaudio.Thailand/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image.png  

diveshsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 22:10   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to reset tire pressure monitoring system after every adjustment of tire pressure. See attached screenshot

My friend is getting Mirage audio media interface installed in his car, this should solve all your video and gps navigation problems. Though it could void warranty and it's not a plug and play that you can remove on your own, but I am told there is no wire cutting and it's a plug and play albeit dismantling dashboard center console.
Yes, I do resetting. That didn't help. Twice I tried at the same shop increasing the pressure (and resetting). Only after setting up 35, it went off.
When I asked the service guys, they said the face similar problem with N2 in couple of other vehicles too.

I think I will leave the video think for now.

More questions:

1. Did you try connecting wifi and was that any Sync/Ford apps update available?
2. Any recommendation for HID for high beam?
Old 15th May 2016, 00:29   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Drop a mail to ford india take a concern no u need to provide your mobile no given at the time of booking. I had a word with mr satish john from ford customer care. He was very helpful. My dealer planet ford had some problem with ford and was not getting vehicles may be the same case with you. My vehicle was billed to a sai sakshi ford in pune and is being delivered may be next week. One week of continuous phone calls to customer care and mails solved my problem.. note : each phone call will take atleast 10 to 12 min to get to the customer care executive..be prepared !!!!! Put it on speaker and keep pressing 1 on every promt to lve your name and no.
Hi ,

Any possibility to add a push button start and the FOB key less entry to the New Endy?

I am also looking for roof rails for the titanium version with sun roof . I will use the rood rails only for selected drives .Any suggestions on that ?

What is the cost of the Mirage audio system as suggested in an earlier post ?

Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:37   #657
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Yes, I do resetting. That didn't help. Twice I tried at the same shop increasing the pressure (and resetting). Only after setting up 35, it went off.
When I asked the service guys, they said the face similar problem with N2 in couple of other vehicles too.

I think I will leave the video think for now.

More questions:

1. Did you try connecting wifi and was that any Sync/Ford apps update available?
2. Any recommendation for HID for high beam?
Hi Benny, I think the issue may be with either the accuracy of the air/N2 pressure dispenser at the shop/pump or it could be that you are putting air when the tyre is hot (air expands when the car has travelled even a few kms), best to try out when the tyre is cold and with an accurate air pump. btw. service centre in Bangalore is putting only 30 psi (recommended by ford) and no warning comes up.

Quick question about the driver's power seat adjustment, is it 6 way or 8 way?
specifically can the seat height be adjusted vertically up or down?
I felt it is 6 way (back slide up/down, whole seat front/back, thigh support (front of the seat) up/down. Not sure if it moves vertically up/down?

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th May 2016 at 12:59. Reason: Back to back posts, please edit original post instead. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2016, 20:11   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is this only an add on interphase or the whole system needs to replaced?
Also what is the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi ,

Any possibility to add a push button start and the FOB key less entry to the New Endy?

I am also looking for roof rails for the titanium version with sun roof . I will use the rood rails only for selected drives .Any suggestions on that ?
Thanks
Regarding keyless start
Adding a request button to the door handle is not possible right now.
I think someone will come out with a solution if we wait for some more time.

Roof rails are standard with your car, I think what you want is cross bars which fit across roof rails.

Cross bars help in fixing of carrier , cycle rack etcetera

Last edited by ecosport rules : 15th May 2016 at 20:13.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 21:04   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi Benny, I think the issue may be with either the accuracy of the air/N2 pressure dispenser at the shop/pump or it could be that you are putting air when the tyre is hot (air expands when the car has travelled even a few kms), best to try out when the tyre is cold and with an accurate air pump. btw. service centre in Bangalore is putting only 30 psi (recommended by ford) and no warning comes up.

Quick question about the driver's power seat adjustment, is it 6 way or 8 way?
specifically can the seat height be adjusted vertically up or down?
I felt it is 6 way (back slide up/down, whole seat front/back, thigh support (front of the seat) up/down. Not sure if it moves vertically up/down?
I tried with N2 (pump is 4 km away) when the tyre is cold, Tried with 30 and 32. Both didn't work. I asked A.S.S about this during service (as the low-pressure warning was keep coming up for about a week, even after resetting more than twice), and they asked me to try 35. I did that in another pump (5 KMS away) and the message went off.

I am going to try again twice at the same pump with 30 and above one by one (unless there is another impatient car waiting next :-) ), and update.

The seat adjust is 6 way. I think thigh support works along with up and down I have to check again. But I am sure it is not 8 way.
Old 15th May 2016, 21:50   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Is this only an add on interphase or the whole system needs to replaced?
Also what is the cost?
Hi

Thanks. Yes I meant cross bars.

Last edited by ampere : 15th May 2016 at 22:59. Reason: Edited quoted content

Most Viewed