Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 01:01   #1411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
This is the classical thought which Maruti played on while making the kitna deti hai campaign. A difference of 1 kmpl would be lesser than a good coffee at Starbucks probably! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
No offence to anyone, but I don't get what is the big difference between 7kmpl and 8kmpl. We are talking about big hulking 2500-3000kg trucks with the large engines, slushboxes and heavy 4x4 drivetrains that cost upwards of 30L. Does that 1-1.5kmpl really matter after spending SO much money? If FE is that important, we are looking at the wrong class of vehicle here.

It seems only the first part of the question was noticed and not the related second part.

The question was not on a kitna deti hai perspective. Was more of planning fuel refill stops for 1000km drive in a day. Also have not noticed such low FE being reported by the owners here- hence wanted to validate the statement of SA.
Old 18th December 2016, 07:09   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Excellent observation. The engine looks very similar to the 3.0L 4 cylinder motor that came in the previous generation.

Based on the experience of owning the previous generation Endy, I think the difference is due to fact that the extra cylinder in the 3.2 makes the engine lengthier than the 4 cylinder 2.2. Since the radiator fan is mechanically powered by the engine (and not electronic, kindly correct me if I'm wrong), the fan in the 3.2 L will be closer to the radiator than the 2.2 L making it mandatory to make the cover longer.

Hi MAS, . The 2.2 fan is sitting very near to the engine and the space between fan and engine is merely nothing. That's how I got confused. My doubt is that in 3.2 whether the radiator is placed little bit outwards .in 3.2 I can take my hands between the fan and engine
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 08:37   #1413
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
SA is saying that 3.2Endy gives a mileage of 5-6 Kmpl in the city and around 8 in highways. Should a frequent refueling stop required for long drives?
On a 3.2 I get around 6.5 in the city and 9.8 on Highways. And by the way, this is Bangalore traffic which is notorious for its bumper to bumper crawls.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 09:10   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
This is the classical thought which Maruti played on while making the kitna deti hai campaign. A difference of 1 kmpl would be lesser than a good coffee at Starbucks probably!

Having said that, even if the Toyota gives better mileage, and if someone wants to get a*al about it, one needs to calculate the extra amount paid between both the cars and how that stacks up

I know someone who has the new Endeavour and the new Fortuner. He says Endeavour hands down anyday for the SUV experience.
The comparison here was not with respect to running costs but just in general. One would never worry about efficiency when plonking close to 40lakhs.

The extra amount paid for fortuner is for obvious reasons and one can make out if they can manage a back to back long drives in both the suv's. No offence to any owners here of both the suv's, just my two cents.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 09:38   #1415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
No offence to anyone, but I don't get what is the big difference between 7kmpl and 8kmpl. We are talking about big hulking 2500-3000kg trucks with the large engines, slushboxes and heavy 4x4 drivetrains that cost upwards of 30L. Does that 1-1.5kmpl really matter after spending SO much money? If FE is that important, we are looking at the wrong class of vehicle here.
OT: Even I am spending 40-50 lakhs, I would look at efficiency especially if its my daily drive. All those R&D efforts on weight-saving in high-end cars are all to save that little bit of fuel.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 10:58   #1416
Senior - BHPian

HI friends .
Agreed on the discussion on fuel efficiency in the last 2 pages. I do agree that when you buy cars like Endeavour and Fortuner you don't look at the mileage. However the point being is that on long highway drives even that 1, 2, 3 km/litre would make a difference. Considering the tank capacity you may get a range of approx. 700 km. However as per good practise you must top up when your tank reaches 25%. This means an approx. range of 500. That means every 500 kms you may have to top up. These figures are just approximate and may vary from car to car even on the same model, and by the way I too have booked the 3.2 L engine. Just a small point I wanted to make.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 13:09   #1417
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi MAS, . The 2.2 fan is sitting very near to the engine and the space between fan and engine is merely nothing. That's how I got confused. My doubt is that in 3.2 whether the radiator is placed little bit outwards .in 3.2 I can take my hands between the fan and engine
Thanks Anumod. That is quite a surprise. Anyways, Ford builds their cars wonderfully and I'm sure it must be engineered that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
OT: Even I am spending 40-50 lakhs, I would look at efficiency especially if its my daily drive. All those R&D efforts on weight-saving in high-end cars are all to save that little bit of fuel.
You are absolutely right. I look into it and is a factor while deciding which car to buy.

I tracked the mileage of my Endeavour using Android App, Fuelio. This tracking helped me a lot while selling the car. For the record, my Endeavour gave an average mileage of 8.92 km/l for the entire period of ownership.

Last edited by MAS : 18th December 2016 at 13:20.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:20   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
Please advise on extra accessories for my new 3.2L trend. I'm planning for 3M mats. Would it be good to laminate the floor carpet? Besides this please advise any other essentials.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 15:30. Reason: Please take the time out to type your sentences completely, without SMS lingo. Thanks!
Old 18th December 2016, 16:21   #1419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please advise on extra accessories for my new 3.2L trend
I believe FORD dealership will give you a basic pack which does include mats. Maybe you can use these for a while before changing. Some of the options that you can consider
1 Tyre Upgrades - check for Yoko in size 275 or 285.
2 HID / LED lights - Change Projector lamps to HID - can buy Osram. You can also upgrade high beam to LED bulbs, some decent china ones serve well. Don't forget to change yellow parking bulb to white, it does not blend when you change everything to white. You can also change Fog lamps as well interior bulbs to white. Stock yellow ones are useless.
3 Buy a good dash cam.

All the best!

Quote:
All those R&D efforts on weight-saving in high-end cars are all to save that little bit of fuel.
Yes, but most of the high end manufacturers don't compromise on safety ratings and will use some other alloys/carbon to reduce weight. I am not aware if such materials are used in this segment - SUV 15 - 35 Lac though they may be using newer manufacturing process to have higher rigidity even with lower thickness metal. In fact, the bonnet of new Fortuner is far heavy over the previous generation and most of panels and doors also feel similarly. They might have ended up saving weight due to missing 4x4 components on the newer one, though.

I believe fuel economy in this segment still varies due to the type of engine and gearbox used. A 6-speed gearbox will always give better mileage over 5 speed as some guys have noticed in previous generation Fortuner. Whenever they move to 8 speeds this will improve highway mileage considerably.

Quote:
one can make out if they can manage a back to back long drives in both the suv's.
New Fortuner surely has a better ride on rear seats but in front I found endeavour to be better. I think it's to do with sitting at height with a proper straight bonnet view that adds to overall feel good factor in Ford.

Quote:
The roof material in Titanium of very good quality. The trend one is a slight superior quality material of the Ecosport one.
Your observations are spot on. Anyone plonking 3 million should see & feel how Fortuner roof cloth feels and then do a quick comparo with FORD stuff. Toyota has set new low standards as far as roof material is concerned. Even worse then they used to give on Innova previously.

Some of the other missing features on Trend vs Titanium are

Sync 3
Ambient Lighting
TPMS
Semi Auto Park assist
Day Lamp lights
HID Low Beam
LED Rear Lights
Park Sensors

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th December 2016 at 16:43.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 16:34   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I believe FORD dealership will give you a basic pack which does include mats. Maybe you can use these for a while before changing. Some of the options that you can consider
1 Tyre Upgrades - check for Yoko in size 275 or 285.
2 HID / LED lights - Change Projector lamps to HID - can buy Osram. You can also upgrade high beam to LED bulbs, some decent china ones serve well. Don't forget to change yellow parking bulb to white, it does not blend when you change everything to white. You can also change Fog lamps as well interior bulbs to white. Stock yellow one's are useless.
3 Buy a good dash cam.

All the best !
Thanks for the input/ advise.
I know that yokohama tires are better than wanderer but the only thing that I read on this forum is that the yokohama have weak side walls and prone to cuts ?
Will plan for the osram bulbs only.
Currently going for the 3M mats which are better than the showroom Mats.
Old 18th December 2016, 20:46   #1421
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm planning to go in for the Trend 3.2 as well. The offer I've got so far is 60k insurance discount + 1 lakh exchange discount + 75 k giving a total discount of 2.35 lakh on the on-road price. Now this seems lower than the discount which ruzbehxyz got. This is in Delhi NCR btw. As per the dealer the offers are different on 2.2 and 3.2 and also colour dependent.
I'm a little confused by this. Can someone help with how much scope there is for getting more discount.
Old 18th December 2016, 20:46   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
The engine cover is Plastic in trend, where as in Titanium the engine cover is made with high gauge metal
Cover on top of engine or below?
Old 18th December 2016, 22:12   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Hi all,

I'm planning to go in for the Trend 3.2 as well. The offer I've got so far is 60k insurance discount + 1 lakh exchange discount + 75 k giving a total discount of 2.35 lakh on the on-road price. Now this seems lower than the discount which ruzbehxyz got. This is in Delhi NCR btw. As per the dealer the offers are different on 2.2 and 3.2 and also colour dependent.
I'm a little confused by this. Can someone help with how much scope there is for getting more discount.
Ideally you should get 1 lac exchange bonus and 1 lac discount on price from ford. Other discounts are totally showroom based and you should negotiate that personally. With loads of 3.2 titanium being sold till now the dealers want to get off with the trend models till 31st Dec to clear the trend stock. Select your best variant as per your needs and go for it. IF they are too adamant on discounts then negotiate on some accessories.
Old 19th December 2016, 07:26   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Cover on top of engine or below?
The underbody one ...

Another question to all others, why do we know that the underbody coating is not there in Endeavour. In Ecosport its there, and is of very good quality. I am talking about the rubberized coating which is there in EcoSport.

Secondly, what are all the disadvantages of having a crash guard .. Is it needed for Endeavour, especially when there are notorious drivers all around

Third doubt, other than 3M anti scratch film, do we have any other competitive brands?

Fourth are the specs of Manual and Auto tyres are same?

Last edited by anumod : 19th December 2016 at 07:32. Reason: added Couple of more points
Old 19th December 2016, 09:39   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
The underbody one ...

Another question to all others, why do we know that the underbody coating is not there in Endeavour. In Ecosport its there, and is of very good quality. I am talking about the rubberized coating which is there in EcoSport.

Secondly, what are all the disadvantages of having a crash guard .. Is it needed for Endeavour, especially when there are notorious drivers all around

Third doubt, other than 3M anti scratch film, do we have any other competitive brands?

Fourth are the specs of Manual and Auto tyres are same?
1. Yes. There is Underbody coating of higher spec suitable for off-road. When I took the car to 3M when it was new, I was told that the underbody treatment is not needed given the quality of coating provided by Ford

2. There is a standard option available with Ford in accessories section - However, that involves shifting the park sensors to the crash guard. No good after market options available

3. There are other brands but not usually available in India. 3M is quite expensive. For me just the bumpers, engine hood and headlamps cost close to 60k

4. The tyres across all version of Endeavours are same

Here are some other accessories I picked from Ali Express

1. Floor Mats

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Good...608.0.0.lDbyPC

2. Touch Screen Protection Sticker

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...608.0.0.WxS0Pm

3. LED License Plate Lamps

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-x-...608.0.0.WxS0Pm

4. LED Side Mirror Puddle Lamps

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-f...608.0.0.WxS0Pm

5. Car Battery Jump Starter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/G7-1...608.0.0.0VHnkA

Last edited by nareshtrao : 19th December 2016 at 09:44.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed