Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 20:46   #2116
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Went to old faithful Metro ford St Marks road.
Agree. That is a good place. I go there too. Incidentally, they have a Master Technician (per Ford terminology - above L4 or L5) who is available once or twice a week. He has trained the guys well across all there Service Centers. I always check his availability and book an appointment.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 08:22   #2117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Engine definitely seemed more silent and purring after the fluid change
Quote:
I changed at 5k and felt the difference too.
Sorry but this has got nothing to do with oil, maybe you had a Car wash as well. Call it psychological or whatever I find my cars sounding less after every car wash

Modern day engines are too complicated and the one used by FORD will in all likelihood be bench run where oil is changed at manufacturing location after an initial run at test bed. On contrary, you have got your Factory sealed engine opened so early ( pun intended)
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:50   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry but this has got nothing to do with oil, maybe you had a Car wash as well. Call it psychological or whatever I find my cars sounding less after every car wash

Modern day engines are too complicated and the one used by FORD will in all likelihood be bench run where oil is changed at manufacturing location after an initial run at test bed. On contrary, you have got your Factory sealed engine opened so early ( pun intended)
Yes,a through car wash is the key here.

Everything else is psychological
Infact they must have just billed you without changing the oil too(as they know it is not required)
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 12:41   #2119
BHPian

I am done with reading the complete thread. I am really glad to see that there were no major issues being reported so far.

I would like to summarize some of the issues faced by owners.

1. Head Light leveling issue - Is this sorted out in latest models?
2. Sunroof leaking - Any latest occurrence?
3. Wind noise above 80-90kph - Status Unknown!
4. Poor Fuel Economy - Sorted out after ECM update.
5. Sync Issues - Sync 3 is better than Sync 2.
6. Poor Light - Trend need upgrade of both High and Low Beam. Titanium only High beam.

Quote:
I find my cars sounding less after every car wash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Yes,a through car wash is the key here.
So true. Any Idea why it happens is that too a psychological feeling or there is some technical aspect behind it.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 14:41   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am done with reading the complete thread. I am really glad to see that there were no major issues being reported so far.

1. Head Light leveling issue - Is this sorted out in latest models?
2. Sunroof leaking - Any latest occurrence?
3. Wind noise above 80-90kph - Status Unknown!
4. Poor Fuel Economy - Sorted out after ECM update.
5. Sync Issues - Sync 3 is better than Sync 2.
6. Poor Light - Trend need upgrade of both High and Low Beam. Titanium only High beam.

So true. Any Idea why it happens is that too a psychological feeling or there is some technical aspect behind it.
WOW man
Hats off to you for patiently going through the thread
Way to go

1)sorted out
2,3,4) unknown
5)correct
6)correct
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 14:46   #2121
BHPian

Quote:

Make sure you definitely feel the need to change headlamps, after you do a few night drives. There is a scientific reason why Ford has placed bluish low beam and yellowish high beam. The reason is glare which is a kind of light pollution. More the glare, lesser you see. Bluish light produce a lot more glare than yellowish light because human eye is very poor in processing bluish light. This worsens with age. So if you put bluish high beam as well, you are not only seeing less and straining your own eye, you are doing the same to the on-coming vehicle. Also driving in rain and fog with bluish light will not let you see as well as a yellowish light due to this glare. See the picture below with color temperature in Kelvin (K). Higher the temperature, more is the glare, worse it is for human eye to process the light.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170420-2.17.33-pm.png

What you would need is keep the same color as it is on Endeavour, but jack up the bulb wattage within legal limits, if required. Ford has done a smart job in keep the two beams at different color temperatures (3.2 Titanium), especially the hi beam at yellowish. These are some smart engineers, I would not try to correct them fast.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_5567.jpg

Quote:

So true on car wash,

On the oil change- These days most car companies do not conduct end of the line hot test. Only cold test, with a few samples going through hot test for statistical quality control. Either way, oil in a brand new engine has significant amounts of metal that can lead to wear. Journal bearings especially can be susceptible to metal embedment from oil. Hence some engine companies, especially in the large power space, recommend early 1st time oil change. But some customers, especially in automotive space, perceive this as poor design. So car companies generally refrain from suggesting 1st time early oil change. My suggestion is to use conventional oil initially, this helps to bring out optimum clearances during run in period, then do an early oil change with full synthetic oil. Then stick to full synthetic for rest of the life. Full synthetic has much better heat absorption and improved degradation.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 20th April 2017 at 14:48.
Czarcarsm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:37   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
WOW man
Hats off to you for patiently going through the thread
Way to go
Hey thanks it will surely help me out after my beast arrives.

Hope you read the Fortuner thread regarding the accessories provided by Toyota. I always thought that Toyota try to keep fancy items and accessories as low as possible to justify its so called reliable image.

Today after watching the number of items in that list I feel endeavour gonna have tough time if Toyota roll out some of them as standard.

The most tempting to me is the Auto Fold side steps. It looks very cool and I have seen how it works in RR Discovery. Can that be added to our Endy as well?
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 16:44   #2123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can that be added to our Endy as well?
Yes, it's possible, I have seen the video, will try to get and post it here. Many accessories are standard in FORD at first place so you don't need extras, unlike Fortuner.

Quote:
There is a scientific reason why Ford has placed bluish low beam and yellowish high beam.
Nice explanation, just that yellowish looks little out of place, perhaps 4200 K should be reasonable.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 17:18   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Nice explanation, just that yellowish looks little out of place, perhaps 4200 K should be reasonable.
That is right. OEM Xenons are mostly around 4300K. However, LED's are around 4700 to 5200K. At the same time Normal Yellow Halogens are normally below 3700K with the exception of some brands which are closer to 4000K.

Many aftermarket "fancy" Xenon (and Halogen too) brands range upwards of 6000K which provide bluish light.

Effectively Yellow light penetrates longer and provide longer field of vision. Around 4300 K is optimal for brightness and penetration. The bluer ones do not have a long range and are largely ineffective on highways. That is why many OEMs prefer keeping Halogens for High Beams as Czarcarsm rightly pointed out below in another post.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 20th April 2017 at 17:41.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 19:49   #2125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Call it psychological or whatever I find my cars sounding less after every car wash
I have driven the car after a good 3M wash, trust me endy you will not feel any difference after a wash. Maybe an older vehicle or something like my Thar would show difference due to the mechanical bits they have.

Also the change is in the engine note (gruffness) is not that small to miss, even while standing outside. Noticed it when the mechs were driving around and while standing outside the car. I feel it might be due to a different oil from what was OE in the car, but the change seems to be for the good. Atleast for now.

Quote:
On contrary, you have got your Factory sealed engine opened so early ( pun intended)
Factory sealed not necessarily means the best, FYI the Triumph bikes comes with mineral castrol from factory and has to be mandatorily upgraded to synthetic castrol at 1k kms. Mineral i guess to aid faster running-in.

Also an engine won't run if it is factory sealed just as pun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Either way, oil in a brand new engine has significant amounts of metal that can lead to wear. Journal bearings especially can be susceptible to metal embedment from oil. Hence some engine companies, especially in the large power space, recommend early 1st time oil change. But some customers, especially in automotive space, perceive this as poor design. So car companies generally refrain from suggesting 1st time early oil change.
I have seen this multiple instance, the drain plug usually is a magnetic bolt and you can observe that there would be some very fine sedimentation when you open the drain bolt for first oil change.

As a practice i have been following oil change at 1k km for all my new purchases, irrespective of size of engine be it car or bike. So far i am happy with the results.

This is the first time i have taken it so far to 2.5k kms
Jaggu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:10   #2126
BHPian

Any Idea what are the specifications on Fortuner?

I used to check out the lights of one the resident in my apartment when we go for a walk in evening daily.
The throw is very long and the light appeared to be much brighter than any other car.

I remember the SA of Toyota told they are LED. Are both High beam and Low beam LED type? Can we have them in Endeavour too?

Last edited by roby_dk : 20th April 2017 at 20:16.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 23:40   #2127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks it will surely help me out after my beast arrives.

The most tempting to me is the Auto Fold side steps. It looks very cool and I have seen how it works in RR Discovery. Can that be added to our Endy as well?
Yes you can reterofix them to your Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Make sure you definitely feel the need to change headlamps, after you do a few night drives. Ford has done a smart job in keep the two beams at different color temperatures.
Yes, having two colour temperatures is better than one
4200 to 4300k is the best all rounder.

Quote:
Any Idea what are the specifications on Fortuner?

I used to check out the lights of one the resident in my apartment when we go for a walk in evening daily.
The throw is very long and the light appeared to be much brighter than any other car.

I remember the SA of Toyota told they are LED. Are both High beam and Low beam LED type? Can we have them in Endeavour too?
Yes, the Fortuner's lights are very bright
Colour temperature is 5000K LED bi-beam that is both high and low are from the same LED source.

I would have loved them even more if they were 4300K

Regarding your Endeavour:
Do a couple of mixed day night highway trips and then upgrade as per requirement.Dont take a decision because someone said they are not good
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:52   #2128
BHPian

Endeavour 4x4 event is happening in Hyderabad tomorrow. I got the information from fortune ford. The event start at morning 8:00 and will be there till evening 6:00. It is a walk in event. Address is Area 56 motor sports, Ramalingam Palle, Keesara, Hyderabad
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 09:25   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Endeavour 4x4 event is happening in Hyderabad tomorrow. I got the information from fortune ford. The event start at morning 8:00 and will be there till evening 6:00. It is a walk in event. Address is Area 56 motor sports, Ramalingam Palle, Keesara, Hyderabad
Went to the event yesterday.

Terrain Tigers managed the off roading part. Rahul from Terrain Tigers was my guide/driver. A young gentleman who is very polite and friendly. He was kind enough to also explain various off-roading techniques and how to use the modes (sand, rock, normal). He personally owns the Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and had good things to share.

I was amazed by the way car performed. This was the first time i experienced some hard core off roading. 7 Endeavour 3.2 Titaniums were arranged by Ford and Dealers in Hyd. It was a thrilling experience, especially some of the stunts while climbing up the rock, inclines. I so wish Ford came with some "impossible to get scratched" paint I am sure i will be off roading every weekend (or most of them)

All cars were on stock tyres. Lesson learned, you need to know your car well to make sure you can use it the right way, especially when stuck in mud or off road situations.

In spite of all the abuse the cars went through there was no squeak, rattle heard from them. Thumbs up to the build quality. Most cars had 20,000kms plus in their ODO. The one i drove had 18k kms.

While speaking to the regional sales in charge, most customers are interested in 3.2 Titanium variant only. Demand for the lower variants are not much and this was echoed by dealer executives as well. As per Ford, customers want more power and features. This has created a supply vs demand constraint and Ford is "currently working on improving their strategy". We reached around 9.30am and the turn out was bigger by the time we left (12.00pm).
sunishsamuel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 09:49   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Went to the event yesterday.

I was amazed by the way car performed. This was the first time i experienced some hard core off roading. 7 Endeavour 3.2 Titaniums were arranged by Ford and Dealers in Hyd.
Do you have some videos to share?

Earlier you asked me for uploading the photos of the laser shades, somehow from my phone (iOS 10.3.1) , When I was trying to upload the photos using the team-bhp app it says that I don't have enough permission to upload. Does anyone face this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks