Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 14:30   #2551
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Felt any noticeable difference with Night Breakers replacing halogens ? Considering the same myself. Also, did you do anything for the low beams ?
Yes. It is significantly different in color and range/throw. I have shared this and other light upgrade details and feedback in the thread way back somewhere.

Low beams are Xenon so I do not feel the need for a change. Good light and range.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 11th October 2017 at 14:34.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:05   #2552

Hi friends.
Going well with Endy 3.2 Titanium now with 600 km running. Just had few doubts which I wanted to ask the experts of 3.2 AT. Love the way it does on highway as also in bumpy roads without even getting a feel of it. No XUV or any other vehicle can absorb bumps so beautifully.

1. How do you change the climate temperature by voice if android auto is active.

2. While you are on sync 3, can you use voice command for navigation.

3. Heard that Ford is going to supply high beam xenon through agency without change of circuitry. Is it possible.
Old 12th October 2017, 19:49   #2553
BHPian

I had contacted the local service center about this and they quoted around Rs 54000 for 4th year warranty. (I have standard 2 plus extended 3rd year) and asked me to pay this amount but i wanted to take the 6 years warranty at one go so I called up the customer care number of ford and they had no idea about extended warranty for endeavor and told me to send an email to customer care. They called back and informed me that 4th year warranty can only be taken at the end of 3rd year and 5th year at the end of 4th year etc.
I would advice you to send an email to custmail@ford.com with you vehicle details before making any payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
All,
I was wondering how to extend the warranty as well, so I logged in to ford customer portal and posted an inquiry to extend the warranty. I got a call from India assist folks and they explained for 4th year, it is Rs.34,000 and 5th year about (45K, don't remember exactly).
btw. attaching the extended warranty parts coverage (provided by India assist).
Old 13th October 2017, 02:33   #2554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Going well with Endy 3.2 Titanium now with 600 km running
Congrats, do post some pictures here

Quote:
How do you change the climate temperature by voice if android auto is active.
Quote:
. While you are on sync 3, can you use voice command for navigation.
Not an expert nor tried any of these features but my overall experience with voice control on different cars has been more of a miss including BMW, apart from the new 7 where it works well, for temperature better use the dedicated controls and for Voice controls on Navigation I believe these are dependent on Android and am not sure if it supports yet on Android Auto as in past only a few commands were supported. You can try asking to navigate to ABC.. from your contact list, apparently, that is supported, have a look here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ecognized.html

Quote:
Heard that Ford is going to supply high beam xenon through agency without change of circuitry. Is it possible.
Looks more of a hearsay, if they have to upgrade something they will do on the newer models, everyone keeps on adding features at regular intervals. You can refer above posts of nareshtrao if you want to change headlamps, I find ok but I hardly drive at night these days.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th October 2017 at 02:34.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:03   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post
Hi friends.

1. How do you change the climate temperature by voice if android auto is active.
Please try long press, which activates sync 3 voice control, otherwise it will be google assistance in Android Auto mode, even if you select "Return to SYNC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post
Hi friends.

2. While you are on sync 3, can you use voice command for navigation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
for temperature better use the dedicated controls and for Voice controls on Navigation I believe these are dependent on Android and am not sure if it supports yet on Android Auto as in past only a few commands were supported.

You can certainly do voice navigation in Android Auto mode. In fact in Android Auto mode, you cannot browse or type. Either you can select from recent or saved places or use voice command.

For SYNC Navigation, please read the command Syntax or just long press and it list down some voice command options on screen.
Yes its easy to use screen for temperature control than the voice command but you can certainly use the later to avoid looking at screen while driving.

Last edited by Wanderers : 13th October 2017 at 09:15.
Wanderers is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 01:24   #2556

Has anyone seen this / used this before?

https://in.dhgate.com/product/new-re...PD_BwE#ctabBox

This seems to be similar to the VCM box that's used for the onboard module upgrade.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:29   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I had contacted the local service center about this and they quoted around Rs 54000 for 4th year warranty. (I have standard 2 plus extended 3rd year) and asked me to pay this amount but i wanted to take the 6 years warranty at one go so I called up the customer care number of ford and they had no idea about extended warranty for endeavor and told me to send an email to customer care. They called back and informed me that 4th year warranty can only be taken at the end of 3rd year and 5th year at the end of 4th year etc.
I would advice you to send an email to custmail@ford.com with you vehicle details before making any payment.

Thanks dockap, I sent an email to ford today, will wait for any response and update here. The dealers really have no clue about the extended warranty when I called them early last month. question though is why would ford make the 4th/5th and 6th year warranty available now if one can only buy at then end of 3rd/4th/5th years, not sure this would be logical from Ford's part. Also why would they not want to collect the money early on?

IMHO, ford should have an online mechanism to collect payment and provide the warranty certificates.
Old 15th October 2017, 12:57   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dockap, I sent an email to ford today, will wait for any response and update here. The dealers really have no clue about the extended warranty when I called them early last month. question though is why would ford make the 4th/5th and 6th year warranty available now if one can only buy at then end of 3rd/4th/5th years, not sure this would be logical from Ford's part. Also why would they not want to collect the money early on?

IMHO, ford should have an online mechanism to collect payment and provide the warranty certificates.
I checked with Ford and all the years' warranties are available to buy now. At least all dealers in Bangalore have the list prices.

Also most of them encourage online payment. They will punch your warranty in the Ford system and send you a link to pay and the certificate will be emailed to you.

The list prices are 34k, 43k and 50k respectively for 4th, 5th an 6th years.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 13:44   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I checked with Ford and all the years' warranties are available to buy now. At least all dealers in Bangalore have the list prices.

Also most of them encourage online payment. They will punch your warranty in the Ford system and send you a link to pay and the certificate will be emailed to you.

The list prices are 34k, 43k and 50k respectively for 4th, 5th an 6th years.
Thanks Naresh, we need to contact sales or services in the dealership?
Any contact details for Elite ford Bangalore?
Also the link is a ford India payment link or dealership payment link?
Thanks for your help.
Old 15th October 2017, 15:03   #2560
BHPian

We are planning to buy floor mat for our Endeavour.After few search in the internet,3d spider kagu is the one we have chosen.Anyone used this mats?Any other suggestions?
Old 15th October 2017, 19:01   #2561
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
After few search in the internet,3d spider kagu is the one we have chosen.Anyone used this mats?Any other suggestions?
I have, and while they are the best in terms of carpet protection and fitment, they are pretty expensive, AND cannot be used as under-tire mats if stuck offroad in an emergency. I hence, prefer rubber mats now.

Quote:
Contact Jai Kumar, GM, Service on 7760967742. Tell him I'm his MD's friend.

Last edited by n.devdath : 15th October 2017 at 19:03.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 20:11   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naresh, we need to contact sales or services in the dealership?
Also the link is a ford India payment link or dealership payment link?
Thanks for your help.
1. Extended Warranty is sold by Service folks and not Sales

2. Contact a lady by the name Ms. Sangeetha in Elite Ford or the person Devdath has recommended below. Sangeetha is in the department that handles this.

Alternatively, contact a gentleman by the name Mr. Neptune in Metro Ford in case you are looking for options.

Both are very helpful folks and are in Service department.

3. Someone in their department will co-ordinate and send you a payment link once you agree on the years to buy

Drop me a PM if you need any further help.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 15th October 2017 at 20:20.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 21:45   #2563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can certainly do voice navigation in Android Auto mode. In fact in Android Auto mode, you cannot browse or type. Either you can select from recent or saved places or use voice command.
Quote:
How do you change the climate temperature by voice if android auto is active. While you are on sync 3, can you use voice command for navigation.
I was referring to something like this, go to time 9:10 and check what I mean, I am away so cannot try on Endy but am more than sure it will be the same or even bad. If it uses Android voice functionality, things can surely get better in future with upgrades like Siri has become quite predictable most of the times now. But if there is something from Ford sitting in between, then tough luck.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th October 2017 at 21:50.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 18:53   #2564
BHPian

Guys, does anyone know of any kind of discounts / deals available for the Endeavour, right now?
Old 16th October 2017, 20:46   #2565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, does anyone know of any kind of discounts / deals available for the Endeavour, right now?
Through Ford, ZERO, whatever is available, would be what the dealer gives you by sacrificing his/her margin on the vehicle.

Most Viewed