Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 19:20   #2686
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post

On a different how is the performance after the replacement with new motors?? Significantly better?
In my case the entire headlamp assembly - both were replaced as at that time they did not have motor replacement. This was way over a year back.

The overall light or performance has not changed. Just that both had dipped due to faulty motor and were falling just in front of the vehicle. Now they are aligned better but of course not as good as factory alignment.
Old 25th December 2017, 23:29   #2687
Team-BHP Support

More than sunroof for 2.2, I would have expected the new 2.0L Ecoblue diesel engine to replace the 2.2.

The Ecoblue has a 170PS output with 405Nm torque. Should be a way better option for the Endeavour over the older 2.2.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 08:08   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
More than sunroof for 2.2, I would have expected the new 2.0L Ecoblue diesel engine to replace the 2.2.

The Ecoblue has a 170PS output with 405Nm torque. Should be a way better option for the Endeavour over the older 2.2.

Not sure if the volumes warrant the change of engine? Ford may me thinking on those lines.

They would probably bring this engine once the BS VI norms gets implemented.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 26th December 2017 at 08:10.
Old 26th December 2017, 22:12   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
What should be the price for a 2 year old 3.2 well maintained endeavour?
Endeavour was launched only on Jan 16th, and no one should have owned until Feb. So, you may get a 2 yr old 3.2 only by next year.

BTW, This time, the resale value may not go as low as the previous gen, considering the steep price increase since it's launch, I guess, 26-28L would be the price band for a 1.5 yr old.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 13:13   #2690
BHPian

There are quite a few 2015 manufactured endeavors on olx chennai. Guess it was used by Ford executives before it was officially launched.
Old 27th December 2017, 16:47   #2691
BHPian

A source tells me that they're stopping 2.2L and are only focusing on 3.2L. Is this true or would we be able to buy a 2.2L in 2018?
Old 29th December 2017, 09:48   #2692

Has anyone had scratches on their Ford Endeavour and then gotten it fixed at the Ford service center? Over the last two weekends, I drove over 4000 kms, and then after I got back to Bangalore, I was super exhausted and accidently scratched my left rear door on a basement ramp and the scratches were deep (and I don't recall getting the proximity warnings or I was distracted).

I am planning to take it to the Metro Ford Hesargatta service center, which is apparently my dealer's body workshop.

I am not planning on going for insurance because the scratches are in an area of about two palms spread across the rear left door and the body above the wheel. I'll get a quote from Ford next week but was interested in hearing about someone's experience and how much it cost.

I ought to be more careful in driving.
Old 29th December 2017, 14:55   #2693
BHPian

Today completed my 20k services at elite Ford in Bangalore. Overall very good service experience, oil and oil filter replacement along with the air filter change was done. Also had to replace the rear break pads costs about 8k including GST.
Did anyone else had to change rear break pads in 20k kilometers?
Old 29th December 2017, 16:27   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Today completed my 20k services at elite Ford in Bangalore. Overall very good service experience, oil and oil filter replacement along with the air filter change was done. Also had to replace the rear break pads costs about 8k including GST.
I had the car till it completed 30k kms. The brake pads were in excellent condition and service advisor told it did not need replacement. I have heard that the brake pads get eaten up fast if the car is in D mode and you try to hold the brakes for a long time. I generally use N when i have to stop the car for more than 30 seconds (just a rough calculation)
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 20:35   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
My 3.2 Endeavour has done 45k kms and yet to replace my brake pads. However the Ford SA said they had to replaced brake pads for most 3.2 Endeavour's at 20k kms itself.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 08:30   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
My 3.2 Endeavour has done 45k kms and yet to replace my brake pads. However the Ford SA said they had to replaced brake pads for most 3.2 Endeavour's at 20k kms itself.
Thanks. in my case it was only rear break pads, they had just about 3 mm left... while front break pads were in very good condition and could go for another 15 to 20k...

btw. while I was at the dealership, bought 4th year extended warranty as well, quick process and cost was 34k.
Old 30th December 2017, 15:38   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. in my case it was only rear break pads, they had just about 3 mm left... while front break pads were in very good condition and could go for another 15 to 20k...

btw. while I was at the dealership, bought 4th year extended warranty as well, quick process and cost was 34k.
In my case, when I went for 1st Year Service, the folks noticed cracks in pads and decided to replace them under warranty - a very nice gesture. I would not have known if they had not pointed out.

I bought the 5th year warranty too - at 43 k.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:52   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had the rear brake pads replaced last week in the 20K service. I was informed that it could last only 1/2 months before causing damage.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th December 2017 at 20:26. Reason: typo corrected
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:58   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
A source tells me that they're stopping 2.2L and are only focusing on 3.2L. Is this true or would we be able to buy a 2.2L in 2018?
Already stopped around 5 models, and soon they are going to stop 3.2 AT as well? ;-)
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:24   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone installed the F-150 Raptor grill on his Endy? If yes, can you help out with a few queries of mine.

How much did it cost? Can it be ordered online from anywhere? Or where I can get it in Hyderabad? Any issues if it is installed or things to keep in mind while going ahead with this installation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks