Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:11   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Update: My car has done 45k kms and since i'm started a drive to Sikkim and Bhutan (10k kms round trip) decided to replace my brake pads and change engine oil too before the trip. The SA just changed the rear brake pads and said my front brake pads may last for another 20k kms. Updated both PCM and ACM. I could feel some difference in gear shifts but not much. Also changed my tires to Yokohama Geolander AT G015 with the stock size (launched in India just a month back) and should say the difference is huge. The ride is now very comfortable compared to MRF's. The truck is planted and gives a lot of confidence in higher speed and during cornering. Fuel consumption though has increased by 3-5% compared to MRF's.
How much was the cost per tire?

//PCM and ACM//

Is that available for the all the vehicles? Mine is a 2016 Jan 2.2L AT. I am sure A.S.S has not done anything during my last two services at 10K and 20K.
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:12   #2747

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone installed the F-150 Raptor grill on his Endy? If yes, can you help out with a few queries of mine.

How much did it cost? Can it be ordered online from anywhere? Or where I can get it in Hyderabad? Any issues if it is installed or things to keep in mind while going ahead with this installation?

Hi Asis89, this might help https://news.maxabout.com/modified-c...otive-designs/

arunchandranath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 20:06   #2748
BANNED

guys,

they launched a version with sunroof at this point of time...this raises question if face lift is not coming in near future....what do you all feel ?

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/ford...h-1640785.html
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 11:49   #2749
BHPian

Hello Guys,

My friend is considering to buy the Ford Endeavour. He is replacing his Skoda Laura. Since he had an awful ownership and service experience with his Skoda he is very apprehensive and wants to make sure he does not face the same service issues with his new buy.

Based in Chennai he asked me to put this question to the owners of the Ford Endeavour who are servicing/maintaining their vehicles with the dealers in Chennai if they can share their experience with the service.

Appreciate replies!!
Old 25th January 2018, 17:04   #2750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
question to the owners of the Ford Endeavour who are servicing/maintaining their vehicles with the dealers in Chennai if they can share their experience with the service.
Cannot comment on Chennai, but from my experience at Chandigarh & Ahmedabad, they are good. Not to Toyota standards but definitely better than Skoda/ VW. Chennai, in fact, should be better given that FORD is based locally. So service should not be something holding your friend to buy one.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 18:38   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Cannot comment on Chennai, but from my experience at Chandigarh & Ahmedabad, they are good. Not to Toyota standards but definitely better than Skoda/ VW. Chennai, in fact, should be better given that FORD is based locally. So service should not be something holding your friend to buy one.
I can also vouch for this. In Bangalore the service is probably as good as Toyota. The reason I say this is because I have experienced 2 dealers (excluding the one I bought from which Ford chose to shut down due to the deficient service and handed over to another dealer to run) and both have been super-proactive and openly state that they take special care of Endeavour customers per instructions from Ford itself. And I think this is awsome attitude of the company to take care of its flagship product customers.

Also I have seen enough stocking of parts and regular visit by Ford RSMs to ensure the standards are met.

I would say this is a blind buy if you like the truck.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 18:43   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
guys,
they launched a version with sunroof at this point of time...this raises question if face lift is not coming in near future....what do you all feel ?
Since Ford India is sourcing CKD kits from Thailand, I guess we can expect it right after the launch in Thailand.

I don't believe Ford will be keeping a dedicated assembly line in Thailand for making CKD units to India/any other region.
Old 25th January 2018, 19:54   #2753
BANNED

that is good news.

Any news when can we expect facelift to launched in india
Old 26th January 2018, 17:15   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
25000 KM Update

My White 2.2 Trend AT completed 25K kilometers last week. Some thoughts:

While I am moderately happy with my purchase, every time a Hexa passes by, I cant help but imagine how comfortable the passengers in that car will be compared to me, being thrown around on city roads. I sometimes do regret not buying the XTA, even though its a full class lower than the Endy, and not at all as premium.

Overall, if I had to buy a car again, I am on the fence on whether I would buy the Endy again. When you add my super poor purchase experience from Ford to the mix (Tanish Ford), it is highly unlikely that I would buy this vehicle again if I had the chance. Sad, because when I posted my 25K review of my Safari Storme, I wholeheartedly recommended that car to anyone and everyone. Sigh-- I really do miss my Storme.

Well, you may have answer to quite a few of my queries.

I, along with my family, go on long drives to the hills frequently. Destinations include reasonably far off/ difficult to reach places. I have used my 2wd Scorpio (now sold), which performed well and never left me stranded despite no 4wd hardware, I guess primarily because of its good torque and power/ weight ratio.

How do you feel the Endy 2.2 AT would fare on such drives, where you often find landslides/ mud streches enroute? Would the lack of 4wd be an issue?*

To clear things further i dont intend doing offroading just for the heck of it. I just want my SUV to be capable enough of taking me through bad / steep streches of hill roads.*

Also, just like you, I am also seriously considering Hexa XT 4x4 as an option. Love the car. Great comfort/ ride quality, good capable drive train and a potent 4wd hardware. On the other hand, while most reviewers have mentioned Endy's ride quality as good, your experience seems to be on the contrary, with no one enjoying the middle row. That would be a big downer for me, as I wouldnt want my folks to be grumpy in the middle row on those long drives.

Looking forward to your insights.

Regards.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 19:35   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Based in Chennai he asked me to put this question to the owners of the Ford Endeavour who are servicing/maintaining their vehicles with the dealers in Chennai if they can share their experience with the service.
First service was at Chennai Ford Poonamalle and the second one was at Eureka Ford, Perungudi, OMR. Both of them were issue free and smooth. I switched to the OMR center because it is closer to my office. My next service is due in a few weeks, I will update my experience post service.
Old 30th January 2018, 12:52   #2756
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
On the other hand, while most reviewers have mentioned Endy's ride quality as good, your experience seems to be on the contrary, with no one enjoying the middle row. That would be a big downer for me, as I wouldnt want my folks to be grumpy in the middle row on those long drives.

Looking forward to your insights.

Regards.
If you were ok with the ride of your scorpio, you would be quite happy with the ride of endeavour too. The issue with endy's ride, as with all other ladder frame chassis vehicles is that it bounces (on undulating highways, crests and troughs) when lightly loaded but settles down remarkably, as soon as you load it up with cargo or people. So, if you travel fully loaded, nothing to worry, and even if you don't, place some removable weights in the boot (50-100kg) and you would be quite pleased with it.
Old 31st January 2018, 17:30   #2757
BHPian

Terrain Management System (TMS) on new Ranger 2018. I think this make sense on Endeavour/Everest too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ranger.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-everest.jpeg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 18:55   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
If you were ok with the ride of your scorpio, you would be quite happy with the ride of endeavour too. The issue with endy's ride, as with all other ladder frame chassis vehicles is that it bounces (on undulating highways, crests and troughs) when lightly loaded but settles down remarkably, as soon as you load it up with cargo or people. So, if you travel fully loaded, nothing to worry, and even if you don't, place some removable weights in the boot (50-100kg) and you would be quite pleased with it.
I think Endy’s solid rear axle may be the reason. For longish vehicles like Endy, ladder frame infact improves the passenger overall comfort, which includes squeaks. Also the body anchor points dissipate a lot of road vibrations.

May be the the 2.2 liter 2WD Endy is much lighter than 3.2 and the solid rear axle may not be helping here. I looked up Fordservicepricepromise.com and it appears both 2.2 and 3.2 uses the same suspension components.

So in a nutshell this suspension may be great on 3.2 but not as great in 2.2.
Best solution may be is to test drive a 2.2 on some kachha roads.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 31st January 2018 at 18:57.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 03:14   #2759
BHPian

2018 Ford Everest/Endeavour spy shots from Thailand.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-everest1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-everest2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-everest3.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-everestpush.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 1st February 2018 at 03:16.
LionX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 19:17   #2760
BHPian

Per the budget, CKD and CBU cars will have an increase of basic customs duty of 5%

This is sure to make an impact on Endeavour given it is almost 90% CKD.

Any views from those who are better informed?
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks