Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2018, 21:14   #2866
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Any endy owners audiophiles out there? If yes how you would you rate the sound quality of the music system? Thanks in advance for any feedback you may be able to provide.
Old 2nd March 2018, 22:17   #2867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinism View Post
If yes how you would you rate the sound quality of the music system?
Well, it sounds good, best within the segment and perhaps one step above if at all there are any SUV's there Radio signal quality is better in Sync 3 than Sync2 but can be tricky sometimes. Though you can use car play or android auto to connect music apps. I never found any need to upgrade speakers or have additional insulation. Best will be to take a demo and if you are undecided due to the music system, I am afraid there won't be many options in this segment.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 00:22   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Thanks for the info. The mats look great.
I checked cozoo web site, the price quoted is 9k+ after some supposed 3k discount.Will you be able to enquire with your vendor if they can ship to Bangalore for an additional shipping cost ?
PM me. The vendor will ship it for 70rs per kg if you like. The mats are around 8kgs I guess.
Old 4th March 2018, 14:23   #2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinism View Post
Any endy owners audiophiles out there? If yes how you would you rate the sound quality of the music system? Thanks in advance for any feedback you may be able to provide.
Audio system completely covers all your needs, doesn't distort at any volume and provides good thumping bass. I'd rate it 4.8/5 .
Old 4th March 2018, 17:24   #2870
BHPian

Thinking of a trip from Bangalore to topslip, parambikulam, valparai and back in the beast...
Not been to that route before, anyone who has made that trip, please share route, stay info etc.
Thanks in advance.
Note: if I should post this in another thread, apologies in advance; please point me to the right link.

Last edited by sknair : 4th March 2018 at 17:25.
Old 4th March 2018, 17:57   #2871
BHPian

Just finished a 1200 km round trip. I had updated my PCM s/w prior to this trip and noticed a few things. Mine is a 3.2 Titanium, 19k kms done so far.

1. Typically I get around 9.3 kmpl for this particular trip. But this time outward bound, night driving, I got 10.9 ! Tire pressure was 28-30 psi. I filled the diesel from the same pump - one of the Shell Petrol Pumps near my home. Coming back, day time drive,I got 9.8 kmpl. Tire pressure 30-31 psi. The fuel was from an HP pump. My driving speeds are usually 100-130 occasionally touching 140 without any hard acceleration. I guess the fuel quality may have played a role along with lower ambient temperature and humidity for the higher outward bound mileage. But wanted to check if anyone else noticing generally improved mileage with the new s/w.

2. Although the low gear grunt has reduced and shifting out of 1st gear is sooner, but I do get a slight jerk shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Anyone else noticed this.
Czarcarsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 11:15   #2872
BHPian

I have almost decided to buy Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and will be calling for test drive on this Saturday. I had been out of India for 2 months and checking team BHP threads for updates.

1) I saw that an update of Ford Endeavour is being tested and there is a thread in team BHP for this. Does it makes sense to wait for this update or book now ( I can wait for maximum 2 months) ? My uncle bought Endeavour a month back and dealer told that updated version will be launched in India in only early 2019.

2) I also see an increase of basic customs duty of 5% in budget. I guess this will impact Ford Endeavour. Will it be effective from April?
Old 6th March 2018, 12:19   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
My uncle bought Endeavour a month back and dealer told that updated version will be launched in India in only early 2019.
Never believe what the dealer/ Sales advisor says! They will say anything to make a sale! I'd say wait for some concrete information regarding the facelift, I am in the same boat & something tells me that ford adding the sunroof to the 2.2 version is trying to clear the current stocks.

I believe waiting for facelift is good for 2 Major reasons.
1st : If you decide to buy the new one, You'll get a model which will be fresh on the road with more features mostly.
2nd : You can bargain hard on previous models that dealers are left with when the facelift launches, Can save a good amount on that if the facelift is minor or the added features don't interest you & you would rather save the money.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:16   #2874
Senior - BHPian

AC the recycle button goes off (Tit 2.2)

This is a pain.

Whenever I switch off AC the recycle button goes off. When I wrote this to Ford customer a year ago they said it was a feature (that I hated) to get fresh air. (when in the world we have fresh air?). So I have to turn on recycle button manually each time.

To my surprise, this problem totally went off for about 6 months after I was playing around AC settings, which I am quite unsure what I did.

However - it has come back again after bringing the car back from the service station after 20K service. This is an irritation as I have to remember to turn on or else, I have to do it after inhaling some foul smell or smoke that breezes in. :-(.

Has anyone similar issues? I guess this could be some sort of settings. Can someone shed some lights?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:28   #2875
BHPian

Re: AC the recycle button goes off (Tit 2.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
This is a pain.

Whenever I switch off AC the recycle button goes off. When I wrote this to Ford customer a year ago they said it was a feature (that I hated) to get fresh air. (when in the world we have fresh air?). So I have to turn on recycle button manually each time.

To my surprise, this problem totally went off for about 6 months after I was playing around AC settings, which I am quite unsure what I did.

However - it has come back again after bringing the car back from the service station after 20K service. This is an irritation as I have to remember to turn on or else, I have to do it after inhaling some foul smell or smoke that breezes in. :-(.

Has anyone similar issues? I guess this could be some sort of settings. Can someone shed some lights?
If you use 'Auto' mode of AC, the car might decide whether to recirculate air or bring fresh air in. I have noticed it in my brezza. If there isn't hugdifference between target temperature of AC & outside temperature, the car doesn't recirculate air in Auto mode.

Do you think it can be the case?
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:31   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
This is a pain.
Sorry to say but this is how most automatic A/c are designed to work. Only the manual A/C where you have a button press/depress mechanism will work the way you want. The fresh air in the context is the air outside your car cabin. Cabin air can turn poisonous.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 15:49   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed this happening sometime back in last summer, seems we have to press circulation button to turn it on or off. I accepted this as a feature rather defect as many mentioned it will be there in most of the automatic climate control units. Let me check how is mine working now as I too got my system updated in 2nd service and hardly used AC in winters.

Just to mention here I do not use AUTO AC and set the things according to my preference and always turn off AC before turning off the engine. At the next start I just turn on the AC and the re-circulation will stay according to the last setting used. Hope this is working like it used to be earlier before update.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 17:20   #2878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Just to mention here I do not use AUTO AC and set the things according to my preference and always turn off AC before turning off the engine. At the next start I just turn on the AC and the re-circulation will stay according to the last setting used. Hope this is working like it used to be earlier before update.
If i remember correct this has to do with some regulations under EU law also, where cabin should move to external vent mode while being parked. So when you turn the vehicle off the flaps open up. Once you start they close. Almost all vehicles with electronic controls have this logic built in under manual mode.

Like Roby mentioned above, easiest way to bypass is to use the compressor switch to shut off just the compressor and leave the system on Fan mode, under manual operation. This can avoid the need to press the re-circulation switch everytime you start the vehicle.
Jaggu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 20:26   #2879
BHPian

Quote:

There is a very easy fix to it. Just use the recirculate button to turn on the AC. It will be in Auto with your previous settings with recirculate.
nrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 20:48   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford ACC got memory, and that's the reason why the setting goes for a toss when the car returns from service as they remove the battery terminals to check its health.

I do the following:
1) Switch off ACC using the power button before you turn off the ignition.
2) Next time, switch it back on using either the power button or the re-circulation button.

The system will revert to the exact setting you had before: temperature, re-circulation, blower mode etc.

And this will work, even if Auto AC was not used. For example, the blower will also revert to the exact volume level you left it at.

Just like many things on the Ford, it is a case of the car being much more smarter than their service personnel or their processes.

PS: Please note this is based my experience on our Fiesta. But no reason why this should be any different on the big Ford. Please do let us all know after checking.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks