Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 14:24   #3811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
When you are looking at 32 lakhs ex.showroom and 39 lakhs on road, Rs. 1000 does not matter. This difference is probably because of change in logistics or so. Its not an increase. An increase for this segment will in the range of 25k + or probably 50k +.
Maybe I was not clear,so I'll clarify. I meant the same thing Rubyx -that the price increase is not much at all, while I was expecting a more stark price increase at the turn of FY because the facelift also came into being in Feb without price increase and this month also it's only 1k up.
So I said let's wait and watch if any more increases happen in the near future.

Compare this to the Fortuner whose chamoise changes have driven prices from 33.28 to 33.60 a good 32k ex showroom that will snowball into the otr price.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 9th April 2019 at 14:43.
Old 9th April 2019, 15:21   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Maybe I was not clear,so I'll clarify. I meant the same thing Rubyx -that the price increase is not much at all, while I was expecting a more stark price increase at the turn of FY because the facelift also came into being.
What I am trying to explain is that this is not a price increase. As mentioned before, a price increase in this segment will be much higher.
Old 9th April 2019, 18:35   #3813
BHPian

I am bit confused, about what exactly is price increase means?
For me, it was like the difference between what you have to pay now, and what you would have paid earlier.
Now in this case, the end result is 1000 INR, which means its an increment, no matter if its logistics, some tax, or any particular part costing more. If we have to pay more, its an increment, right?
It is indeed negligible, but it is there.
Old 10th April 2019, 19:00   #3814
BANNED

Guys, Does this mean end of the road for Ford like General Motors in india.

Heart breaking....

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-migh...from=home-auto

If this is true..no one will be willing to invest money on ford cars any more in india, because of the fear of no service in future( M&M might give service but at a premium)
Old 10th April 2019, 20:21   #3815
BHPian

^^^^
Ford is going to have a presence either through the subsidiary they have or through a JV with Mahindra if it is formed. In the later case, sales and service will be handled by the Joint Venture entity so service wouldn't be an issue. I don't think there'll be any premium for service from the JV.

This is an option for Ford to cut down risk and investment as well as optimize costs till the Indian market grows further and govt policies stabilize with respect to EVs etc.
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 21:33   #3816
BANNED

i feel Consequences of M&M taking over could be quality, international standard and some ford models may never reach india.

It's my personal view, i might be wrong

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th April 2019 at 23:12. Reason: dotty posts edited. Please don't reply with dots in your post in between words ...like...this.
Old 11th April 2019, 09:13   #3817
Senior - BHPian

Friends this is the dedicated thread for Ford-Mahindra JV.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-mahindra.html (Ford to end independent operations in India; will hold 49% in JV with Mahindra)

Dear mods: Request to kindly merge the threads to have all the content in one thread.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:56   #3818
BANNED

so if someone wants to invest on Endeavor, what do you guys say? Is it advisable? is that a risk?

Especially it being a white elephant.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th April 2019 at 23:09. Reason: please don't type ....like....this....Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 20:21   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
so if someone wants to invest on Endeavor...what do you guys say...is it advisable? is that a risk?

Especially it being a white elephant....
Though this whole JV thing is to be studied in black and white before we actually take any concrete decisions, the default reaction of our society to any whiff of a rumour or specualtion is mindless panic. Let's wait for the fine print to actually see what Ford and Mahindra pen down. I feel and hope, that ford won't do a complete exit and will continue to being us good products from elsewhere through the Jv.

Notwithstanding the terms, and whatever strategic strengthening the company claims, it does weaken the value of the ford badge in the buyers market.

As I see it, there are three choices

1. Wait till end of year, snare a sweet deal on a brand new bs4 vin19 Endeavour

(+)Chance to buy a new car at possibly best prices
(+)warranty intact for maximum time
(-)have to keep it forever regardless of Ford's future as initial investment (though discounted it is still high for a depreciating asset ,at least for me) would be high and resale recovery is best left forgotten.

2. Use the paranoia and the ensuing resale hit, if any, that may set in, to a buyer's advantage and shop in the pre loved market.

(+)hance to own and drive the sweet 3.2 endeavour at bargain prices
(+ )reducing risk of uncertain or unknown future Ford by lesser investment as dep hit has already been absorbed elsewhere.
(-)Ford's already segment lowest warranty coverage would not cover you much into ownership in the second innings of the car.

3. Trust Ford that it feels like family, for a change, and that it will continue to support customers regardless of it's avatar in India and wait for the Bs6 endeavour in 2020.
(+)New car new model pollution and polar bear compliant
(-) will Ford bring the new endeavour here will the jv let it?
(-) high stakes gamble

Too risk averse? Chuck the whole thing and join the 25000 people a year who trust and buy the Fortuner.😁

OT : Suddenly the alturas doesn't look that bad at all. It is from the new mighty Mahindra stable after all.Who knows might inherit some good tech from Ford.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 21:26   #3820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the default reaction of our society to any whiff of a rumour or specualtion is mindless panic. Let's wait for the fine print to actually see what Ford and Mahindra pen down.
Quote:
Wait till end of year, snare a sweet deal on a brand new bs4 vin19 Endeavour
This is never ending, wait for Year-end or a model change or here in this case who knows, FORD winds up everything and then sell existing stocks at throwaway prices . If we think from the manufacturers perspective, they are here to earn money and given the high Import contents in Endeavour, FORD cannot discount beyond a particular level. It's not as if they are making so much money, considering Ex-Showroom of around 32 Lac and with Dealer margin/ Discounts & 50 % + GST it translates to around 26000- 28000 USD. Add Custom duties of around 25 % and you will find that FORD is getting only 20000-22000 USD. They can easily sell at more than twice in other markets so what is their interest here?

Quote:
Use the paranoia and the ensuing resale hit, if any, that may set in, to a buyer's advantage and shop in the pre loved market.
As of now, New Endeavour competes favourably with Fortuner. I am being offered around 19 Lac for my 2016 Trend done 96000 Km.

Quote:
Chuck the whole thing and join the 25000 people a year who trust and buy the Fortuner.
I will buy Fortuner for what it is and not because FORD is closing and I am afraid about the spares or something. Worst case, dealerships are merged with Mahindra which may not be liking to everyone but as you wrote, we need to wait and see what's actually happening.

Quote:
Suddenly the alturas doesn't look that bad at all. It is from the new mighty Mahindra stable after all.Who knows might inherit some good tech from Ford.
Looks you are still undecided on what to pick and the recent FORD news only adds to your confusion.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th April 2019 at 21:40.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 22:22   #3821
BANNED

Quote:
the default reaction of our society to any whiff of a rumour or specualtion is mindless panic.

I would like to say this is not anymore a speculation, this is for real.

Quote:
OT : Suddenly the alturas doesn't look that bad at all. It is from the new mighty Mahindra stable after all.Who knows might inherit some good tech from Ford.
M&M will surely not make money if they stick to Blue oval standard, that is an open secret, so inherit good tech, I doubt that.

Like vigneshkumar31 said, this is going to damage the value of the ford badge very badly in India

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th April 2019 at 23:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Old 12th April 2019, 09:47   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Looks you are still undecided on what to pick and the recent FORD news only adds to your confusion.
That is true turbanator. I'll admit the recent ford news does unsettle me. I assume it would ruffle the feathers of others like myself, who have lofty aspirations not matching the wallet size. I wanted to be absolutely sure before plonking a house on a car and after following the segment closely, decided that the 3.2 was (and is) my pick of the lot. The endeavour is the one car in the segment that packs so much value into a luxury offering. And as you rightly brought out, the company could sell it elsewhere for twice, but still is bringing it to us for thin margins. That's the reason, I saw it as a buyer's delight. The intention is to keep the car for long and good. Any such news that knocks on the fragile glass that supports one's huge financial decision does give one the jitters. Especially, if its one's only car, you cant afford to visit service center often or leave it there for long. Limited warranty and long term reliability was admittedly a concern I flagged often with the ford. Now the fact that one has to drive into a M&M operated service support system and hope they do a good job and honour the warranty and supply parts in time does add to the risk quotient. It's a JV, and I assume that M&M would be just the label and ford employees, staff all remain same and just work under M&M, but still there is no pretending that all this is for the better.
M&M sells more cars than ford in India and an average mahindra costs 50k more than the average ford. So I don't mean to downplay what mahindra can or cannot do. But it's simply not what one signs up for when you buy a blue oval.

I have a lot of regard for the fortuner for what it is and would prefer it, but second only to the 3.2. If the ford goes out of contention for whatever reason, the fortuner not only for its undisputable merits, but also for the lack of a better option. I maintain that the 3.2 is still my pick and let's see how things pan out after the deal matures.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 12:53   #3823
BHPian

So when I had finally made up my mind and decided on the 3.2 AT Endy, this news comes. Although I read a different tone of it in the news paper, TOI to be precise, they had quoted Ford, saying that Ford is bullish on it's India plans and will not leave the market when they have a good product line although that line is of only 2 strong products, in Ecosport and Endy. But the article and tone here is quite grave, it sounds like Ford is going the GM way.

As a former M&M Scorpio owner, I would not like to step into a Mahindra dealership or service centre again.

So is it back to the Fortuner again for me?
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 13:54   #3824
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.

This is a write up on the Ford Endeavour owners meet from Mumbai and Pune.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-dhom-dam.html (Ford Endeavour owners meet at Dhom Dam)

Please have a look.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 15:03   #3825
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
As a former M&M Scorpio owner, I would not like to step into a Mahindra dealership or service centre again.

So is it back to the Fortuner again for me?
No. TOI and a few other publications that are known for masala published this news the way they usually do.

If you look at the statement published by Ford, it clearly says that while a JV is on the cards and will happen, Ford's 3S business will continue in India as usual and they will also add to their portfolio.

To me, this means that while the JV will happen on the EV and technology front, the business of selling and servicing cars will continue as it is.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks