Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2019, 11:40   #3976
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Upgrade of PCM version is available for 2.2 AT. Did my upgrade from AMM to AMN 2 weeks back. The previous update was around Oct 2018. On March 2019 there was no update available. So AMN seems to be relatively new. TCM update was not available but the software showed that next update in 77 days(or "no updates in next 77 days").
Thanks for this useful information. I have been somewhat clueless about software updates in my Endeavour 2.2 Titanium. I bought it in April 2018 and have not received a single update since then. During my visits to Ganges Ford Service Centre in Kolkata for routine service (3,000 km and 10,000 km) I did enquire about updates but they told me that owners are directly informed by Ford whenever any update becomes available. However, I have not received any such intimation from Ford ever since I bought my car 15 months ago.

I am not facing any performance issues in my car but the navigation database badly needs updating. Even the Maa flyover of Kolkata is not in the map database. During my recent drive to Munsyari in Uttarakhand I found many new roads and flyovers which are not there in my car's navigation database.

I now intend taking this matter up with Ford Customer Service.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:29   #3977
BANNED

So, after 2 years of uneventful ownership of a 2.2 AT Trend, with a heavy heart, I sold my beloved Endeavour last week. As am relocating to another country, the decision was tough, but had to be taken. I got a really good price for the car, and along with the rising sales figures month after month, its reliable nature, the quality and features on offer, shows that Endeavour is giving Fortuner a good competition. The Endeavour is slowly but steadily eating into Fortuner sales numbers.

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2019 at 09:50. Reason: Use our classifieds for "for sale" posts
chaudh2s is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:57   #3978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
. However, I have not received any such intimation from Ford ever since I bought my car 15 months ago.

I am not facing any performance issues in my car but the navigation database badly needs updating. Even the Maa flyover of Kolkata is not in the map database. During my recent drive to Munsyari in Uttarakhand I found many new roads and flyovers which are not there in my car's navigation database.

I now intend taking this matter up with Ford Customer Service.
My car is March 2018 made, so almost same as your April 2018 car. Hence your running version might be AMK which my car came loaded with, from factory. Since I was able to get updates twice (AMK to AMM and then to AMN) your car should also be eligible.

I had difficulty getting the service center to check for updates initially. Most of the time they reply that there is no update. For the last attempt 2 weeks back, I decided to take the car when the service center is not busy. That would be between 25th to 30th of a month and on a weekday(avoid Monday and Friday). This was with the assumption that people would be tight with finance during this period of the month and would wait till next salary on 30th, before taking their car for service. Luckily it worked for me as the service center was relatively free with less cars. Hence the technician was stress free and had time to look at my concerns and also did the upgrade. Another trick is to not club software upgrade with any other service. Go to the service center with only 1 requirement. ie Software update. I wanted to change my headlight level for low beam but even that I did not ask on the same day. Reason is they might try to make you happy with the easiest job and skip the one which they do not usually prefer(software update). Ask them to show you the status of software update query once they have scanned , with ur car hooked to the laptop.

By the way your software update requirement is more on the Sync version. Not sure if map database update is done separately outside of Sync update.
raj84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 15:03   #3979
BHPian

Whoa, what are these updates and how to upgrade the vehicle. I am hearing this for the first time in any car ownership of mine. Sounds exciting, how to go about it? Can we upgrade sync after connecting the car to wifi?
Old 13th July 2019, 13:49   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Whoa, what are these updates and how to upgrade the vehicle. I am hearing this for the first time in any car ownership of mine. Sounds exciting, how to go about it? Can we upgrade sync after connecting the car to wifi?
Yes Sync can be updated via WiFi or by downloading upgrade files from Ford website(user login needed) to an USB and connecting it to one of the USB ports. The car should be in started state during update. At times it takes few minutes for update screen to pop up.If much delayed then try to remove the USB and the screen pops up.Reinsert to proceed
PCM and TCM updates can be done only by service center and these are the ones which can bring changes to driving characteristics of the car(transmission, power delivery etc).
raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 08:34   #3981
BHPian

After my last PCM/TCM updates, I am consistently getting over 10.5 km/l milage for my 2016 March 3.2 litre model. Mostly highways with about 100kmph drives, also the car accelerates much more smoothly.

Last edited by sknair : 17th July 2019 at 08:35.
sknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:50   #3982
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sync can be updated via WiFi or by downloading upgrade files from Ford website(user login needed) to an USB and connecting it to one of the USB ports. The car should be in started state during update. At times it takes few minutes for update screen to pop up.If much delayed then try to remove the USB and the screen pops up.Reinsert to proceed
Sync update is best done through downloading the file from Ford website. I am yet to come across an owner who has been able to update sync through wifi.
gsachin21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 16:50   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrade of PCM version is available for 2.2 AT. Did my upgrade from AMM to AMN 2 weeks back. The previous update was around Oct 2018. On March 2019 there was no update available. So AMN seems to be relatively new. TCM update was not available but the software showed that next update in 77 days(or "no updates in next 77 days").
Could you please explain AMM and AMN. I am attaching screenshots from my car. I cannot find AMM or AMN written anywhere. Would appreciate your advice about whether my softwares need updating.

I also want to figure out how to take out the SD Card which holds the navigation maps database.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190719_110916.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190719_110819.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190719_110724.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Sync update is best done through downloading the file from Ford website. I am yet to come across an owner who has been able to update sync through wifi.
Very true. I tried WiFi update many times but nothing happens.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 18:52   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please explain AMM and AMN. I am attaching screenshots from my car. I cannot find AMM or AMN written anywhere. Would appreciate your advice about whether my softwares need updating.
Hello Debuda - I can answer only this part of your question. The software version people are talking about are not visible to users through the Sync screen. The only way to see what version of software your various modules such as PCM etc are at, would be to visit a service center and have they guys connect their custom Ford software to your vehicle through the OBD port.
rovingeye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 19:06   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please explain AMM and AMN.
Those denote PCM/TCM (don't know which of the two) versions. AMN is newer than AMM, which in turn is newer than AMK and so on. I think you get the idea behind the series. Whichever is denoted by this, the other is denoted by a different series of codes.
This can be seen with a laptop running Ford's IDS (which they supply dealers) - not through Sync.
Provided IDS is updated, you will see an update if one is available for your VIN number. You will see current version and update available both if one is there. Say, AMM --> AMN.
For example, even though mine has not been updated since April (IDS was around 12.xx at the time), I did not receive AMN even though it was checked with latest IDS (13.6 IIRC) last week.
You must make them check it in front of you and check for both PCM (or is it ECM?) and TCM.

Secondly, Sync update through WiFi doesn't work for most owners. Go to the Ford India owner's website and request a download there. That works well. With the exception of one gentleman with build 18093, most vehicles have build 18025 for the pre-facelift model.

Both these updates are entirely different. Sync 3 update will make no difference really, and if you find the procedure too tiresome, I'd say skip it. PCM/TCM updates make a significant difference, on the other hand.

Sync updates - DIY. PCM/TCM - ASC only.

Lastly, you raise an interesting point about maps. A device being shown indicates something that might be detachable, but it might well be a fixed flash memory. At any rate, if you come across a way to update maps, do let us know - they are 2 years old, I think. They still work well for me (I hate Android Auto), but it'd be better if they were updated.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mu009 : 20th July 2019 at 19:08. Reason: Correction(s)
Mu009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 09:30   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. I tried WiFi update many times but nothing happens.
Update over WiFi happens only if there is a major version upgrade. It does not perform update if it is a minor update. Minor updates will work over USB(major as well).

Last edited by raj84 : 21st July 2019 at 09:30. Reason: Update
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:26   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
I tried WiFi update many times but nothing happens.
Quote:
Update over WiFi happens only if there is a major version upgrade.
Posting the link for Sync update DIY. This process is still working well for me and many others.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...2-2-2-3-a.html (Ford Endeavour: DIY Sync 3 update (v2.2 to 2.3))

PCM/TCM update is 15 min job at ASC. Make sure you get it done in your presence. No way to verify it later except seeing it on Technician Laptop during update itself. Raise you doubt and he will do it again in front of you. Even Sync can be updated through the technician but its not easy and fails due to large file size which needs to be downloaded while being connected to Sync through OBD/USB.

Last edited by Wanderers : 22nd July 2019 at 15:33.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 21:10   #3988

Does anyone have any good leads on used 2017 Ford Endeavour's with fairly less ODO reading? We are interested in buying one and are ready to purchase one from Bangalore even though we are based in Goa, as name transfer is easier because we own an apartment there.
Old 7th August 2019, 09:59   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Lastly, you raise an interesting point about maps. A device being shown indicates something that might be detachable, but it might well be a fixed flash memory. At any rate, if you come across a way to update maps, do let us know - they are 2 years old, I think. They still work well for me (I hate Android Auto), but it'd be better if they were updated.
I finally managed to get my Endeavour's (2.2 AT Titanium, April 2018) softwares updated at Ford ASC at Kolkata. I was mainly interested in navigation maps database and after the update I could see that the Navigation Software Version has changed from 9.32.7.60288 to 9.32.7.66333. My SYNC 3, software version 3.0 changed from Build 17276_PRODUCT to Build 19149_PRODUCT.

This is what my car's display shows now :
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-sync.jpg

This is what my car's display shows now :
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-navigation.jpg

This screenshot was taken by the technician from his laptop :
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-software-update.jpg

My overall experience of getting the softwares updated by Ford was far from satisfactory. Though I went to the Ford ASC in Kolkata with prior appointment after exchanging many emails with Ford over several weeks, the ASC was not at all prepared and took about 3 hours to get the updates from Ford India (Chennai). This is the email I sent to Ford Customer Care after my update :

"My software updates were satisfactorily carried out yesterday (02 Aug 2019) by Kaikan Ford, Birati, Kolkata. I drove my car home after the updates and have not faced any issues so far.

I must, however, place the following on record:

1) In spite of prolonged communication with Ford India, regional service manager and Kaikan Ford, they were not fully ready for installation of the updates when I took my car to the service center with prior appointment.

2) Apparently, the updates could be downloaded and installed only after prolonged communication between the Service Center and Ford Chennai. Consequently, I ended up spending many hours at the service center.

3) The important updates were finally installed in my Endeavour not due to any proactive action by Ford India but due to my personal interest and persistence over many months, which involved writing numerous emails and sharing my exasperation and frustration on social media.

I wish to share my experience with the All-India Service Head of Ford India so that other Endeavour owners don't have to run around for months for routine software updates. Please let me know his contact particulars. Incidentally, I have asked for his contact details in the past as well but I never got them. If there is a company rule that the Service Head is supposed to be unapproachable by customers, please apprise me of the same."

I am yet to receive a reply from Ford. Apparently, their senior officials are unapproachable by customers!

During installation of the updates I asked the technician whether my Endeavour had a SD card for navigation maps database. He informed me that there was no removable SD card.
debuda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 08:48   #3990

I have recently updated the PCM/TCM of my Endeavour 3.2 Titanium, bought in June 2016. Ford service centre call it as an IDS update. Ever since that, my ever reliable car is showing a series of error messages.
It started with low window washer liquid alert first. Subsequently, more alerts like ABS, Park assist, Hill descent control etc started popping up. When alerts pop up, car refuse to start and I need to turn off, remove the key and try again.
Took the car to service centre and fortunately the error popped up there too. They identified the issue to a software/ hardware mismatch as my car is not having a window wash liquid sensor but the IDS has a data option for that. I had to leave the car for a day there and they managed to get a new patch compatible with my car and updated IDS again.
After few days of trouble free operation, I left for a long road trip. Due to extensive rains and water logging in roads the car was mostly wading through water instead of driving. Last day the same errors started again, this time ferociously. Car refused to start even after my usual attempts of removing and re-inserting key. Then I started using few electrical features like boot opener, electric seat recliner etc trying to reset the processor. Somehow, the car started finally and I reached home safe.
Appreciate if anyone can share any similar experience like this. I want the IDS to downgrade to earlier version, if possible, as the car was a dream to drive till the update. No improvement in driving characteristics or fuel economy was observed after this useless update, other than issues.
I am taking it to service centre at the earliest but they do not look very well versed with these software bugs. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Parameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks