Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 00:50   #4021
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Here's one. Will post more tomorrow.
Is this OWL tyre by default? Please mention the specifications and price per tyre.
Old 31st August 2019, 10:10   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
You can try either tyremarket.com or changemytyre.com
Tried them, TyreMarket.com when searched with Vehicle type, showing me R16 size instead of R18.
They do not have 275/70/R18 or 285/60/R18 when searched by Tyre size

ChangeMyTyre.com only showing Falken Wildpeak 285/60/R18. Is this good choice?

Any other options?

Last edited by GKG4 : 31st August 2019 at 10:20.
Old 31st August 2019, 10:23   #4023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Tried them, TyreMarket.com when searched with Vehicle type, showing me R16 size instead of R18.
They do not have 275/70/R18 or 285/60/R18 when searched by Tyre size
I am surprised. They always show many options for the sizes that we need. Please try the link below:

https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Car-Tyres/285-60-R18

And this for 265/60/18
https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Car-Tyres/265-60-R18

Last edited by SCORPION : 31st August 2019 at 10:27.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 10:26   #4024
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised. They always show many options for the sizes that we need. Please try the link below:

https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Car-Tyres/285-60-R18
Like I said, this is the only option I am getting, and beside you get this when you search by Tyre Size.
Try searching with Vehicle type and you will be surprised to see R16 instead of R18 for Endeavour.
Old 31st August 2019, 14:59   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Geolandars are arguably the most VFM tyres that you can get today as an excellent combination of decent on-road manners and excellent off-road/trail capability. Enjoy your ride with its new footwear
Thanks. The G015s find place in most, if not all 'best AT tyre' lists both in India and abroad. They are not the best of course, but like you said, I found them the most VFM among the tyres available in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
285 is a tad bigger in my opinion on Endeavour. Yoko India gives G015 pattern whereas the one I posted above is G94A, what they give standard on LC.
The 285/60 G015s do look bigger than a 20mm size increase would suggest. Even the 265 looked slightly bigger and wider than the Wanderers. The G94A is a premium tyre and costs approximately Rs.4000 more than the G015s. The tread pattern looks less aggressive, almost like a HT tyre.
Old 31st August 2019, 16:03   #4026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Is this OWL tyre by default? Please mention the specifications and price per tyre.
I believe so. These are the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs - 265/60-R18 - paid Rs. 19k per typre nett.
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 11:12   #4027

Hi guys! I own a 2019 updated endeavour 3.2 and it’s excellent. A few questions I had for anyone willing to answer-
If I change the headlights or fog lights, does that void my warranty? Have heard any changes to the wiring voids warranty. Forgive my inexperienced questions, am new to the car modding scene.
Does putting a catback exhaust have any noticeable consequences?
Is putting new rims worth it? I have been looking at Lenso rims for a while now and while they look amazing I am concerned over the fact that if I spend 1 lac+ on wheels and then they can’t keep up with the type of terrain(hilly and light off roading) it will be a mere waste of money. Initially I liked the lifted look of 20” but 18” make more sense to me now. The factory rims are quite good as well so is putting new rims putting me at any disadvantage as compared to oem rims?
Thank you in advance!
Old 1st September 2019, 23:16   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrkprlyf View Post
If I change the headlights or fog lights, does that void my warranty?
Does putting a catback exhaust have any noticeable consequences?
The factory rims are quite good as well so is putting new rims putting me at any disadvantage as compared to oem rims?
Thank you in advance!
Lights:
You can get bulbs and kits which are plug and play. They just connect to your existing connectors without the need to cut wires. If you end up with an electrical issue, you can always revert to the original set up before sending the vehicle to the service center. The service center may be able to read error codes, but unless the issue is directly related to the bulbs or the kit, you may be able to get away with it. You can invest in a good OBD2 scanner which will give you the error codes before going to the service center.
If you cut wires or make irreversible modifications, your warranty will become void.

Exhaust:
A few of the owners here have fitted after market exhausts from HKS and have reported better performance. However, it will in all probability, void your warranty.

Rims:
If you increase the rim size, you will have to compensate with lower profile tyres, which under Indian conditions, could make the ride horrible. Besides, I believe, Ford will not entertain suspension warranty if you change the OEM rims or even tyres.

If you are really concerned about warranty, then I suggest you wait until you are out of warranty before going for modifications. In my opinion, the Endeavour is quite good and powerful as it comes except may be for the lights and to some extent, the OEM tyres.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 18:15   #4029
BHPian

Quote:
Lights:
You can get bulbs and kits which are plug and play.
This must be multiple time asked question, however, can anyone tell me the specs for OEM bulbs and which is the best alternative for them. I am really willing to upgrade, but not finding any specification on OEM to compare.

Also, I am willing to have LED bar in front grill, is that illegal or void warranty?
Old 2nd September 2019, 19:58   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
This must be multiple time asked question, however, can anyone tell me the specs for OEM bulbs and which is the best alternative for them. I am really willing to upgrade, but not finding any specification on OEM to compare.

Also, I am willing to have LED bar in front grill, is that illegal or void warranty?
From the manual for the 2016-2018 Endeavour:

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190902_194211.png

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190902_194238.png

I have the 2016 3.2 Trend. The high beams are HB3s and low beams are H11s. I am not sure what model you have and if your car came with HIDs in the projectors. Mine came with halogens for both high and low beams.

High beam bulbs have been upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers which are only slightly better than OEM bulbs. But I am yet to find a better alternative to the Nightbreakers. Straight replacement to OEM bulbs.

I have Osram Xenarc 4200K HID kit installed in the low beam projectors and they are really good and I would recommend them if you have halogens in your projectors. Plug and play without the need to cut any wires.

Stick with warm temperatures below 4500k (meaning yellow). They have better throw and are more usable in rain.

I am still unhappy with the lighting, especially at highway speeds. I am still on a never ending quest for better lights. Although I am out of warranty, I am wary of getting too adventurous and play with the electricals as any mess up could prove very costly, or leave you stranded, on a car full of electronic stuff.

IMHO, LED bars are purely for off roading or for the bling factor. They have very poor throw and can only light up nearby stuff. On the road they are useless and absolutely annoying to other road users. They are illegal on the road and Ford will not hesitate to void your electrical warranty if an issue crops up even if it is obvious that the bar had nothing to do with it.

Although I have not used them personally, I think reflector based auxillary lights from brands like Light Force or even Hella, may be more useful. Again, I think they are illegal although I find many cars fitted with similar lights.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:05   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
I have the 2016 3.2 Trend. The high beams are HB3s and low beams are H11s. I am not sure what model you have and if your car came with HIDs in the projectors. Mine came with halogens for both high and low beams.
Mine is 3.2 Titanium 2017 Sync 3
So are they using the same headlights as yours or something else? In short, its the top model headlights I am talking about. Are they HID or Halogen? Sorry I am not aware of this.
Old 3rd September 2019, 00:28   #4032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mine is 3.2 Titanium 2017 Sync 3
So are they using the same headlights as yours or something else? In short, its the top model headlights I am talking about. Are they HID or Halogen? Sorry I am not aware of this.
Titanium has HID xenon for low beam so D3S bulbs. The high beam will be HB3 halogen bulb.

Trend will be H11 + HB3

India gets projector low beam and reflector high beam for all variants. Just that Titanium has HID bulbs for low beam.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd September 2019 at 00:29.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 05:58   #4033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Titanium has HID xenon for low beam so D3S bulbs. The high beam will be HB3 halogen bulb.
Thanks for the info.

So I believe there is no need to change low beams, just high beam HB3 replacement is sufficient?

Also, if possible, can you suggest something from AliExpress? There is a big pricing difference between buying it from here or from AliExpress.

My dealer gave me quote for around 8k, and on AliExpress its available for 1-1.5K only. I am totally confused
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:44   #4034
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer gave me quote for around 8k, and on AliExpress its available for 1-1.5K only. I am totally confused
What has your dealer quoted for? What are you planning to get from Ali Express?
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:56   #4035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So I believe there is no need to change low beams, just high beam HB3 replacement is sufficient?

Also, if possible, can you suggest something from AliExpress? There is a big pricing difference between buying it from here or from AliExpress.

I'm not sure 8K is for what. Ali express will give you cheap LED bulbs but they aren't going to work anything great in illumination.

Besides these are high beams which are not used that much more than low beams. If you do want to upgrade look at better halogen bulbs like Osram nighbtreaker laser:
https://www.amazon.in/OSRAM-9005NL-H...motive&sr=1-23

If you still prefer LED's you can try these but at your own risk cause results are not guaranteed for LED's unless you try and see for yourself.
https://www.amazon.in/NIGHTEYE-Headl...omotive&sr=1-5
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed