Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 16:56   #151

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

The new offer on Duster is amazing - Source - Sunday times Bangalore edition dated 18th Sep

1. AMT for the price of manual - This is a straight 61K reduction on ex-showroom price and 75 K on on-road on top end RXZ AMT
2. Cash discount of 40K for all models except AMT ones. AMTs get 20K cash back cheque.
3. 4 gram gold coin free or 12K cash discount (3K per gram)

All put together, you get 1.07L discount on RXZ AMT. If you manage to get insurance on your own, you can safely assume atleast 1.25L on road or even more if you even manage to get the NCB transferred. Really mouth watering deal
letusmeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 15:21   #152
Team-BHP Support

In my office, 3 of the managers booked Duster AMT RxZ together. They are getting 1.2L off on the on road price making the AMT top end RxZ at 15.2-15.3 on road bangalore.

At that price point there's nothing better you can get and a fantastic package. The Creta petrol SX+ in comparison is 16L on road.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 16:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In my office, 3 of the managers booked Duster AMT RxZ together.
If possible, can you post which colours have they booked, since, I've also booked a white RXZ AMT. Always in a confused state when colours are concerned. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:08   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In my office, 3 of the managers booked Duster AMT RxZ together. They are getting 1.2L off on the on road price making the AMT top end RxZ at 15.2-15.3 on road bangalore.

Are they getting the discount due to the fact that they are from the same office or is just a simple case of a group booking ?

If its the latter, a lot more Tbhp'ians can benefit from doing a group buy like this in the future. But, IIRC there is a Tbhp policy against using the forum for group buys I think.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:21   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Are they getting the discount due to the fact that they are from the same office or is just a simple case of a group booking ?
I guess it's the result of Renault offering AMT at the price of the manual (yesterday's news paper ad) and also additional 20K for AMT + 4G gold coin or 12K which becomes 70K+ and 20K and 12K respectively. All this adds to 1 to 1.1 lakh and may be some additional discount because of group booking making it 1.2L discount finally. Hope, I'm not wrong on this .

Last edited by vvrchandra : 19th September 2016 at 17:26.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 17:36   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If its the latter, a lot more Tbhp'ians can benefit from doing a group buy like this in the future. But, IIRC there is a Tbhp policy against using the forum for group buys I think.
Spot-on on the highlighted part. Viddy will clarify himself but this is definitely not a case of group buy. As far as I know Viddy helped each of them make their decision. In fact even I am now tempted (the amount saved over an Endeavour- which the heart wants- the head simply cannot ignore!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I guess it's the result of Renault offering AMT at the price of the manual (yesterday's news paper ad) and also additional 20K for AMT + 4G gold coin or 12K which becomes 70K+ and 20K and 12K respectively. All this adds to 1 to 1.1 lakh and may be some additional discount because of group booking making it 1.2L discount finally. Hope, I'm not wrong on this .
Again, this is not a group booking but the rest of your post may well be accurate
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 22:47   #157
Team-BHP Support

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

•Practical boot (475 - 1,064 liters of cargo capacity)

What you won’t:

• AMT is jerky and suffers from slow gearshifts. Creta AT, in comparison, is butter smooth

• Renault's after-sales service quality is a hit or miss

Personally I am dead against AMTs in the 15 lakh plus segment. So naturally my on paper view was that the Creta diesel auto is any day a better buy than the Renault AMT. Having test driven both though in the last few months, I am really surprised that I found the Creta D /AT quite disappointing in the way it delivered power. In contrast, very surprisingly, the Duster AMT actually didn't seem as bad in its power delivery as I expected. The Creta felt a bit too laggy in its power (as if the kick was waiting too long to come in) while the Duster didn't feel half shabby to be honest. It was actually quite nice. Maybe I was just unlucky in getting a really badly used TD for the Creta but just wondering if anyone else shared the same view based on their TDs.

While the Duster boot is a really good size its exasperating that it doesn't come with split seats even in the highest trim. I don't know why manufacturers are skimping on this pretty basic feature in cars costing over a million bucks.

Finally, it's also really annoying that in a city like Mumbai, all the Renault dealers / service stations are in the really far suburbs. South Mumbai completely unserved by Renault as of now.

PS: Does anyone know when the Duster is likely to undergo a complete generation change? Related note, does the Terrano not come with an AMT version yet?

Cheers

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th September 2016 at 22:53.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 23:13   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Personally I am dead against AMTs in the 15 lakh plus segment. So naturally my on paper view was that the Creta diesel auto is any day a better buy than the Renault AMT. Having test driven both though in the last few months, I am really surprised that I found the Creta D /AT quite disappointing in the way it delivered power. In contrast, very surprisingly, the Duster AMT actually didn't seem as bad in its power delivery as I expected. The Creta felt a bit too laggy in its power (as if the kick was waiting too long to come in) while the Duster didn't feel half shabby to be honest. It was actually quite nice.
Pretty much all torque converter transmissions have this lag you are talking about. They do not downshift as quickly as you would expect. Now, this issue is not a big deal if the diesel engine pulls nicely from low revs. But Creta diesel doesn't seem to be very sprightly below 1600 RPM. If the transmission gets caught out, AT diesel will feel a bit down on power (for a second or two).

AMT is supposed to be worser, but I'm guessing Renault diesel engine (has much more linear power delivery) is coming to the rescue here.

Quote:

PS: Does anyone know when the Duster is likely to undergo a complete generation change?
Don't hold your breath waiting for the new gen Duster. The old gen Duster based Renault Kaptur is coming in at a higher price point. How can Renault possibly bring in the new gen Duster below Kaptur?
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 23:49   #159
Team-BHP Support

The discount is applicable for 1 car or 3 cars. Though I think it will be a little lesser.

One guy initially booked one for 1.2L discount. This was for a silver one. The second and 3rd guy booked after seeing the discount the first guy got. Then they all 3 tried to negotiate a bit more.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 23:53   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But, IIRC there is a Tbhp policy against using the forum for group buys I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Spot-on on the highlighted part. Viddy will clarify himself but this is definitely not a case of group buy. As far as I know Viddy helped each of them make their decision.
Sorry - this completely stumped me. What could be the possible reason to have a policy against group buys? At the end of the day, if 3 - 4 people who use the forum realise they're in the market at the same time and decide to go as a group to buy a car and negotiate discounts, how does it matter? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for the new gen Duster. The old gen Duster based Renault Kaptur is coming in at a higher price point. How can Renault possibly bring in the new gen Duster below Kaptur?
Thanks for the gearbox explanation. Makes sense I guess. All I can say is that the Duster actually felt better and that's good news considering it trumps the Creta on a number of other counts.

I've seen the Kaptur overseas and honestly its not that big, about Duster size perhaps or possibly even a shade smaller. While I can understand it'll be dressed more premium, I find it hard to digest how they'll justify asking more money for a smaller nicer car.

IMO, they should probably bring a nicer all new Duster (its a better size than Kaptur for that kind of money), even if it means crawling closer to the Creta or alongside on the price point.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th September 2016 at 23:59.
Old 20th September 2016, 15:18   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry - this completely stumped me. What could be the possible reason to have a policy against group buys?
'using the forum' are the key words here. You can go buy as a group but you cannot refer that you belong to TBHP and claim a discount. This is what my understanding is. Experts can clear the air.

Quote:
But, IIRC there is a Tbhp policy against using the forum for group buys I think.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:10   #162
VMC
BHPian

I visited Renault showroom yesterday. AMT is now available with discounts of nearly 1lac. I drove the RXZ AMT variant and here are some things i noticed.
AMT gear shifts are smoother than I expected. There is a jerk but it's quite insignificant.
Second row is not very comfortable. At least my opinion is incline of back rest will not be comfortable for longer journeys.
Excellent suspension which simply soaks all potholes.
For a 16 lac car steering looks plain Jane and I did not like the design
I had to literally bend my head to see the display on the rear view camera when reversing. There is something wrong with the inclination.
Tyres provided will be either MRF, Ceat or Apollo.

MID was showing mileage of 9.3km per litre though sales advisor told me I could get around 12km to the litre.
No leather seats in any trim
Green color available only in AWD option . This costs around 17.5lacs on road.
Old 25th September 2016, 19:46   #163
Senior - BHPian

Can someone teach me how to adjust the time in a Duster's clock in the dash board? The car came back from the workshop with the hour showing wrong (I think it happens when they take out the battery but they forgot to readjust, I guess). When I press the main lever on the dash, the minute side flashes and you can advance the minute. How do you change the hour side? I just cannot seem to work it out. Some help will be much appreciated.
Old 25th September 2016, 19:53   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Can someone teach me how to adjust the time in a Duster's clock in the dash board? The car came back from the workshop with the hour showing wrong (I think it happens when they take out the battery but they forgot to readjust, I guess). When I press the main lever on the dash, the minute side flashes and you can advance the minute. How do you change the hour side? I just cannot seem to work it out. Some help will be much appreciated.
Press the trip-meter button till the clock starts blinking. Then keep it pressed. First it moves slow (minute by minute). After some time it increases the steps. Keep at till and then slow down when you near your final adjustment.
Old 25th September 2016, 20:43   #165
Senior - BHPian

It is still not clear to me. Can't the minute and hour be separately adjusted or do I have to turn the full cycle? For example, my clock is showing 9:20 when the time is 8:05. So from 9:20 I have to move minute by minute to 8:05?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks