Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 22:08   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Hi all. I am planning to Buy 85PS RxL version. I would like to install a navigator with facility for reverse camera plug-in. Any suggestions? If anyone can point out to any link would be great service.
Old 16th November 2016, 10:54   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
I was hoping face-lifted duster will have projector headlamps with LED eye brows. But unfortunately Renault has missed them badly
Is there a way we can upgrade stock head lights to projector headlamps with LED? If someone has done it already, kindly share the details.
I think most of the accessory shops offer these now a days. You can check the directory section to find a good shop in the area and get this done.

Or you could even go the DIY way, like so - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tallation.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi all. I am planning to Buy 85PS RxL version. I would like to install a navigator with facility for reverse camera plug-in. Any suggestions? If anyone can point out to any link would be great service.
If you are willing to experiment, an Android headunit would be great for the purpose and not too expensive compared to the other similar 'branded' units.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...lo-gt-tsi.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...oid-twist.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...droid-hus.html
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 23:54   #198
Senior - BHPian

My dealer in Ahmedabad says that there is no stock of Silver RxL or for that matter any colour of RxL mode. He also said that he cant give any date for likely availability as the production is not there due to it being year end. Infact he asked me to confirm same from any dealership.
He did offer me to give a white RxL already in his stock.
Is it a trap or some truth in his statement?
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:11   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
My dealer in Ahmedabad says that there is no stock of Silver RxL or for that matter any colour of RxL mode. He also said that he cant give any date for likely availability as the production is not there due to it being year end. Infact he asked me to confirm same from any dealership.
He did offer me to give a white RxL already in his stock.
Is it a trap or some truth in his statement?
Yes, this is the situation. It's not a trap. I got delivery of my Duster 85PS RXZ ( Brown ) last Saturday. I got the vehicle in just 1 weeks time considering I am in Bangalore and Renault plant is in Chennai. Just around 300 KM. Also, my variant & color was available at the plant.
However, Dealer said, Renault is manufacturing limited Dusters after Diwali because of year end & they don't want to carry too much backlog.
Some of the variants and colors are "ORDER TO MAKE". They will accept the booking however delivery might be delayed. This is the feedback I got from multiple Renault showrooms in Bangalore.
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:38   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Yes, this is the situation. It's not a trap.
Some of the variants and colors are "ORDER TO MAKE". They will accept the booking however delivery might be delayed. This is the feedback I got from multiple Renault showrooms in Bangalore.
I second that. I also am facing the same issue. So I am going to book Cayenne Orange instead of Amazon green in RXZ AWD as its in stock with the dealer tomorrow.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 10:05   #201

Any idea if or when the dual clutch version of the duster will come to India? Eagerly waiting for this version of Duster. I am not much bothered about the interiors all that but the AMT is a let down for me.
Old 24th November 2016, 22:38   #202
BHPian

Hi all. I finally booked my Cayenne Orange Duster RXZ AWD with NCR motor Gurgaon today. I will get the delivery on 6th of December. The current discount offered was 50,000 cash discount plus free matting and leatherette seat covers in black and orange. I will quote the final price on delivery as the discounts are supposed to increase and I am looking forward to get some more discounts. Will update everyone in December on the final price before taking delivery. Any feedback on what I should be aware of or need to keep in mind would be highly appreciated.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:55   #203
BHPian

Hi. Can someone please help decode this VIN number MEEHSRCFNG8000734 It's the number provided to me by Renault of my duster. Thanks.
Old 25th November 2016, 12:19   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. Can someone please help decode this VIN number MEEHSRCFNG8000734 It's the number provided to me by Renault of my duster. Thanks.
You can refer to this post Renault and Nissan and decode it. From what I understand, Nissan and Renault cars VIN decoding procedure is same so going by that standard your car is August 2016 manufactured.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 12:26   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
You can refer to this post Renault and Nissan and decode it. From what I understand, Nissan and Renault cars VIN decoding procedure is same so going by that standard your car is August 2016 manufactured.
Thanks bro. It means that it's been sitting in their stock yard for three months now. Should I accept this vehicle or should I ask them to give me a fresh one. Please advice.
Old 25th November 2016, 12:38   #206
BHPian

I had booked a Duster AWD last year in October and the first vehicle offered was manufactured in March. I turned it down and the vehicle I took delivery was manufactured in September. The delivery was in December. Check the vehicle carefully and follow Team BHPs predelivery inspection suggestions. Renault may not manufacture vehicles late in the year to prevent stock piling up, so you may not get vehicles manufactured beyond late September. Anyway see if the dealer can arrange a later vehicle, if not take a call on the existing offer.
Old 25th November 2016, 13:45   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. It means that it's been sitting in their stock yard for three months now. Should I accept this vehicle or should I ask them to give me a fresh one. Please advice.
Personally I don`t mind going with a 3 month old car provided it goes through my PDI. So I would suggest to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle via team bhp PDI checklist and decide on this car.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 25th November 2016 at 13:47.
Old 25th November 2016, 14:43   #208
BHPian

Quote:
That should be ok. Mine was a similar case.
Make sure you do a thorough PDI. Request your colleague/friend to come along. Fresh set of eyes help
All the best.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 14:45   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Personally I don`t mind going with a 3 month old car provided it goes through my PDI. So I would suggest to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle via team bhp PDI checklist and decide on this car.
Thanks bro. That gives me a lot of peace. I will be doing a thorough PDI before the pre registration process for sure. Will keep updating.
Old 25th November 2016, 16:01   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. I finally booked my Cayenne Orange Duster RXZ AWD with NCR motor Gurgaon today.
Congrats on your booking. I took the TD yesterday. Also went to their yard to look at Adventure Edition. They're not offering any discount yet on Adventure edition.

They suggested that i take RXZ-AWD in amazon green, get the 50k discount and opt for the front armour accessory for 10-12 k extra. Yet to decide.

Waiting for your pics.
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks