Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:02   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Thats excellent! Here OTR quoted is 17.2. With 80k discount, it'll still be 16.4. So much difference?

Ex Showroom 13.84
RTO 2.61 L here.

Can you give a break up please?
Gurgaon would be 9% or so - around a lakh. Is the 1% TCS (~13k) also included in your quote?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats excellent! Here OTR quoted is 17.2. With 80k discount, it'll still be 16.4. So much difference?

It is because we are staying in a state with highest tax rate in India. The realistic on road price for AMT considering its overall quality should be around 14.5 lakhs, but 17.2 lakhs is too much and you have lot of other options in the market.

Last edited by deehunk : 3rd December 2016 at 13:21. Reason: typo
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 15:34   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Gurgaon would be 9% or so - around a lakh. Is the 1% TCS (~13k) also included in your quote?
Yes. I know i can get it back, but have to pay upfront

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
you have lot of other options in the market.
Not many actually. My requirements - in order of need -
1. SUV(ish)
2. AWD
3. Automatic
4. Budget ~20L OTR

So, the only one that fits the bill is XUV500. That too W10 AutoAWD ~23L OTR - has discounts now, but still very expensive.

Hence, decided to drop Automatic from the list above.

Left with W8AWD XUV & Duster. Atleast 1.5 lakhs difference between the two. And i dont need a 7 seater!
Plus XUV niggle worries far outweigh my concers over Duster
(p.s. I've read your post regarding the problems faced with Duster.)

Last edited by a_bharadwaj : 3rd December 2016 at 15:44. Reason: added multi quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:33   #229
BHPian

Quote:

Ex Showroom 13.84
RTO 2.61 L here.

Hi buddy. The break down is as follows :
Ex showroom price: ₹1367855
Registration charges: ₹ 116128
1%TCS Tax: ₹13679
Zero dep cashless insurance: ₹28000
Extended warranty: ₹10900
Logistic charge: ₹8500
Discount: ₹80000
Hope it helps
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 07:47   #230
Senior - BHPian

I bought my White Duster RxL 85 PS from Renault Karnavati, Ahmadabad on 09 December. The car has been bought through CSD. With 80K discount and 5K worth accessories, IMHO it is the best buy in this price range today.
The dealer experience was average. I had to get involved to waive off logistics and handling charges. The dealer was trying to save on the accessories discount which I insisted and prevailed.
I have installed Blaupunkt CarMedia San Diego 530 with reverse camera in place of the OEM system. It works like a charm. Also got the seat covers. Both work done at Calcutta Motors, Ahmadabad. They are thorough professionals and highly recommended.
Photos will follow.
TaureanBull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 13:21   #231
BHPian

Hi guys, I need a bit of URGENT help here.

The Duster that I booked with Renault Wadi, Nagpur is actually with another dealership of their's located some 265 km away at Akola. The sales assistant said that they would bring the vehicle back to Nagpur BY ROAD driving all along 265 km. He further told that they have only a single vehicle of the color of my choice. And that they cannot arrange a trailer for a single vehicle to transport.

Now I am not feeling good that my new yet to be delivered vehicle would be driven for long 265 km. Totally perplexed. What to do now? Should I accept it?
Old 15th December 2016, 13:59   #232
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
The Duster that I booked with Renault Wadi, Nagpur is actually with another dealership of their's located some 265 km away at Akola. The sales assistant said that they would bring the vehicle back to Nagpur BY ROAD driving all along 265 km. Should I accept it?
I wouldn't if I were you. We all know, how these dealership drivers drive the delivery cars, with absolute reckless abandon. My two cents on the situation - 1. Wait for another car to be delivered fresh from the factory, directly to your dealership, or 2. Arrange for a flatbed truck yourself to get the vehicle transported. Although, it might work out to be very expensive for you. Perhaps you could ask your dealer to split the cost.
Old 15th December 2016, 17:09   #233
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:

The Duster that I booked with Renault Wadi, Nagpur is actually with another dealership of their's located some 265 km away at Akola. The sales assistant said that they would bring the vehicle back to Nagpur BY ROAD driving all along 265 km. He further told that they have only a single vehicle of the color of my choice. And that they cannot arrange a trailer for a single vehicle to transport.

Now I am not feeling good that my new yet to be delivered vehicle would be driven for long 265 km. Totally perplexed. What to do now? Should I accept it?
Instead of asking them to bring the car, you can drive the car yourself and bring it to your place. There's no harm in driving long distance in a new car, provided you drive it sedately. That way you can also push for more discounts.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 15th December 2016 at 17:12.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:30   #234
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:

The Duster that I booked with Renault Wadi, Nagpur is actually with another dealership of their's located some 265 km away at Akola.

Hello agt7,
IMO wait for a new car to be allocated to you.
However if you need the new car urgently then you can personally go to Akola and take delivery from their Akola showroom. It would be any day better than letting someone else drive your new car. For your trouble, negotiate further on the car price.

Also please don't forget to perform PDI as per Team-Bhp guidelines mentioned in the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Last edited by CPJ : 15th December 2016 at 17:33. Reason: Correction
CPJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 21:04   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
I wouldn't if I were you. We all know, how these dealership drivers drive the delivery cars, with absolute reckless abandon. My two cents on the situation - 1. Wait for another car to be delivered fresh from the factory, directly to your dealership, or 2. Arrange for a flatbed truck yourself to get the vehicle transported. Although, it might work out to be very expensive for you. Perhaps you could ask your dealer to split the cost.
Thanks for your prompt response RWD. Careless driving of my vehicle is what I am most concerned about as pointed by you. Moreover I have read on Team BHP itself that one should avoid taking delivery of vehicles having more than 100 km on its Odo. Arranging of a flat bed truck is out of equation for multiple reasons. Waiting for a another vehicle to be allotted to me looks like the better option to go with. However, i am not sure if the dealer would agree to do so especially when he already has the vehicle of my choice (variant and color) though at a location 265 km away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Instead of asking them to bring the car, you can drive the car yourself and bring it to your place. There's no harm in driving long distance in a new car, provided you drive it sedately. That way you can also push for more discounts.
This looks like another good option to consider and i can even manage to do so. But still I am apprehensive of the vehicle having been used like this before too. It is quite possible that this particular vehicle might have been earlier driven down from Nagpur (main dealership) to Akola (subsidiary dealership of the same owner) located 265 km away. Is there any way to find if the car was originally delivered at main dealership or subsidiary dealership?
thanks for your response though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Hello agt7,
IMO wait for a new car to be allocated to you.
However if you need the new car urgently then you can personally go to Akola and take delivery from their Akola showroom. It would be any day better than letting someone else drive your new car. For your trouble, negotiate further on the car price.

Also please don't forget to perform PDI as per Team-Bhp guidelines mentioned in the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
I am absolutely in no hurry to get the vehicle delivered and ready to wait. Only i am a bit skeptical if the dealer would ship other vehicle for me when he already has the vehicle of my choice. I am also considering of doing PDI at Akola. But regarding taking final delivery from Akola I would have to confirm it with the dealer. But again as I said earlier that I am not sure if this particular vehicle was earlier driven down from Nagpur (main dealership) to Akola (subsidiary dealership of the same owner) located 265 km away.
thanks for your ready response.
Old 15th December 2016, 21:46   #236
BHPian

Quote:
But still I am apprehensive of the vehicle having been used like this before too. It is quite possible that this particular vehicle might have been earlier driven down from Nagpur (main dealership) to Akola (subsidiary dealership of the same owner) located 265 km away. Is there any way to find if the car was originally delivered at main dealership or subsidiary dealership?
Is the akola dealership a subsidiary of nagpur dealership or is it an independent dealership of the same owner? You can check this on the company website. Rest be assured, if it's a subsidiary, then the vehicle 'will' be delivered at the main dealership only. Whether they have transported it via trailer or by road will remain questionable though.
Old 16th December 2016, 00:16   #237
BHPian

Quote:
@ rajamuneeb
Hi,
I too booked the same variant and same color of Renault Duster at Nagpur. But they have quoted an OTR of 1553192/= excluding insurance. Could you please provide break up of your booking. It would be immensely helpful.
Thanks
@agt7. Congrats. So we both have got same color and models of the dusty. It's like having twin siblings. You have got a good deal. When are you getting the delivery from the showroom. I might get mine in next couple of days. Do keep us posted buddy. Best of luck and happy motoring.
P. S I have quoted the breakup of the OTR in one of my earlier posts. Will post it again for you tomorrow bro

Quote:

Please check the VIN number of the vehicle and check what month of manufacturing it is.That will give you an idea of how long the vehicle is sitting in the dealers yard. Other members may be able to guide you better on this issue. Also please see if they have any other colors in Stock other than the orange. If they have I would recommend you to consider that instead. Do keep us posted about how it turns out to be with the dealership but I would again recommend you to change the color option if it's possible.

Last edited by SDP : 16th December 2016 at 07:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 16th December 2016, 11:03   #238
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
I am absolutely in no hurry to get the vehicle delivered and ready to wait. Only i am a bit skeptical if the dealer would ship other vehicle for me when he already has the vehicle of my choice. I am also considering of doing PDI at Akola. But regarding taking final delivery from Akola I would have to confirm it with the dealer. But again as I said earlier that I am not sure if this particular vehicle was earlier driven down from Nagpur (main dealership) to Akola (subsidiary dealership of the same owner) located 265 km away.
thanks for your ready response.
Hi agt7,
I think you should get the higher management of the dealership involved. It is not your fault that the car is not in Nagpur. They should have informed you beforehand about the car's location before taking down your booking. A thorough PDI is absolutely necessary in your case as only that would reveal the real state of car.

Also, if you are flexible on color options then do check out which other colors the dealership has in stock in Nagpur.
Old 16th December 2016, 11:39   #239
BHPian

Quote:
This looks like another good option to consider and i can even manage to do so. But still I am apprehensive of the vehicle having been used like this before too. It is quite possible that this particular vehicle might have been earlier driven down from Nagpur (main dealership) to Akola (subsidiary dealership of the same owner) located 265 km away. Is there any way to find if the car was originally delivered at main dealership or subsidiary dealership?
You can try the Renault call centre.
The best option is to go to Akola and bring the car to Nagpur. Long distance is not at all an issue as long as you keep revs in check. I did a 1000km trip straight after the delivery of my dusty

IMO Its good to see Nagpur dealership being transparent about location of the vehicle.

Last edited by C300 : 16th December 2016 at 11:40. Reason: formatting
Old 16th December 2016, 21:32   #240
BHPian

Hi friends. I finally bought my O'ranger home today. O'ranger is my new Orange Renault Duster AWD. Took delivery today evening. Will post pics and write a detailed report later. This is just a quick update. Mods please excuse a short post but had to share this update with all of you.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 16th December 2016 at 21:34.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed