Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 11:42   #241
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi friends. I finally bought my O'ranger home today. O'ranger is my new Orange Renault Duster AWD.
Congratulations!
Happy miles & smiles.

Am booking my Amazon green AWD RXZ probably monday.
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 12:00   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Congratulations!
Happy miles & smiles.

Am booking my Amazon green AWD RXZ probably monday.
Thanks bro. All the best for your one. Looking forward to see you bringing home the duster soon. best wishes.
Old 17th December 2016, 16:06   #243
BHPian

The quote i got must be the highest any one has ever paid for Duster RXZ AWD!!

Karnataka & it's horrible road tax.
Even with 80k discount, its still painful to pay so much!

p.s. Here i see the cash discount after calculation on the Ex Showroom price+ Road tax + Insurance. Won't it be simpler to give the discount on the ex showroom price, so that the cost of other two also comes down?

Expert comments?
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-dusty.jpg  

Old 17th December 2016, 22:57   #244
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Is the akola dealership a subsidiary of nagpur dealership or is it an independent dealership of the same owner? You can check this on the company website. Rest be assured, if it's a subsidiary, then the vehicle 'will' be delivered at the main dealership only. Whether they have transported it via trailer or by road will remain questionable though.
Akola is an independent dealership of the same owner "Unnati Vehicles Pvt. Ltd". the dealer honestly acknowledged that the car was sent to Akola by road. however, he also mentioned that new cars unloaded from trailers only at main dealerships and are sent to the subsidiary/independent dealerships 9of the same owner of course) by road repeat by road and "Unnati Vehicles Pvt. Ltd" has quite a few Renault dealerships in Maharashtra. They own almost all dealerships in the neighboring districts of Nagpur as well as distant districts like Pune, Nasik and Aurangabad. However, they also emphasized that all these stock transfers are done by dealership's drivers (who are given instructions not to violate a particular speed) accompanied by a manager of dealership who ensures that the instruction are being followed during the stock transfer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
@agt7. Congrats. So we both have got same color and models of the dusty. It's like having twin siblings. You have got a good deal. When are you getting the delivery from the showroom. I might get mine in next couple of days. Do keep us posted buddy. Best of luck and happy motoring.
P. S I have quoted the breakup of the OTR in one of my earlier posts. Will post it again for you tomorrow bro

Please check the VIN number of the vehicle and check what month of manufacturing it is.That will give you an idea of how long the vehicle is sitting in the dealers yard. Other members may be able to guide you better on this issue. Also please see if they have any other colors in Stock other than the orange. If they have I would recommend you to consider that instead. Do keep us posted about how it turns out to be with the dealership but I would again recommend you to change the color option if it's possible.
thanks bro. And many congratulations to you too for choosing this fantastic machine. Yes, the Duster looks distinctively bold and different in this orange color. Delivery may take a week or so due to certain issues. I have found the break up provided by you. thanks for sharing. On a related note I would like to know if Ex Showroom prices too differ city wise ??? I am asking this because the Ex Showroom price provided by you is 1367855 INR while that provided by another BHPian 'a bhardwaj' is 1384991 INR. Senior BHPians views requested
The VIN number revealed manufacturing of February 2016. Now this is another cause of concern. The other color available is Amazon Green with manufacturing date of March 2016. So no major difference there in date of manufacturing.
Could you please share the month/year of manufacturing of your Duster ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Hi agt7,
I think you should get the higher management of the dealership involved. It is not your fault that the car is not in Nagpur. They should have informed you beforehand about the car's location before taking down your booking. A thorough PDI is absolutely necessary in your case as only that would reveal the real state of car.

Also, if you are flexible on color options then do check out which other colors the dealership has in stock in Nagpur.
I have already spoken to the Area General Manager of Renault. To there credit they had told me while booking that the vehicle is at Akola. But I went ahead with the booking assuming that the vehicle would be transported with a flat bed truck. Later on asking about this, the dealer clarified that they cannot afford hiring a flat bed truck for transportation of a single vehicle. Sounds convincing too. The dealer also revealed that it is an standard practice to transfer the stock by road to/from small or subsidiary dealerships that attract small number of bookings.
In any case they have already brought the vehicle to Nagpur and requested me to come for a PDI. In the meantime, the VIN analysis revealed a February 2016 date of manufacturing. so, thorough PDI becomes inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
You can try the Renault call center.
The best option is to go to Akola and bring the car to Nagpur. Long distance is not at all an issue as long as you keep revs in check. I did a 1000km trip straight after the delivery of my dusty

IMO Its good to see Nagpur dealership being transparent about location of the vehicle.
Could you please elaborate how I could benefit from calling the Renault Call Center.
I totally agree with your view on long distance driving of a new vehicle with RPM under control.
Yes, the dealership was honest in telling the exact location of the vehicle. Moreover, they also told that the odometer cable is not disconnected. They have also volunteered to give in writing that the vehicle has run this much kilometers before delivery.

thanks and regards to all
Old 17th December 2016, 23:02   #245
BHPian

Many congratulations buddy!!!!!!!!! Wish you innumerable happy miles in your Duster.

Could you please share the Month/Year of manufacturing of your Duster.

Regards.
Old 18th December 2016, 02:18   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
I have found the break up provided by you. thanks for sharing. On a related note I would like to know if Ex Showroom prices too differ city wise ??? I am asking this because the Ex Showroom price provided by you is 1367855 INR while that provided by another BHPian 'a bhardwaj' is 1384991 INR. Senior BHPians views requested
The VIN number revealed manufacturing of February 2016. Now this is another cause of concern. The other color available is Amazon Green with manufacturing date of March 2016. So no major difference there in date of manufacturing.
Could you please share the month/year of manufacturing of your Duster ??
thanks and regards to all
HI buddy.Thanks a lot. It's a lovely vehicle to own honestly, an absolute driving pleasure _Yes the ex-showroom prices differ city wise. Mine is an August 2016 manufactured Duster. Feb or March is around 7 to 8 months old manufactured ones. I would highly recommend a very thorough PDI before you take delivery and even if you feel slightest of doubts about anything please get that checked and cross checked. Also I would suggest you negotiate hard on pricing as the dealers would have to clear the stock by year end and since it's sitting in the stock yard for months you are in a better position to press for extra discounts. Best of luck for the booking process and do keep us posted.
Old 18th December 2016, 02:34   #247
BHPian

Hi all. Finally I took delivery of my O'ranger yesterday. The delivery process went smoothly and the staff at NCR auto India Pvt Ltd at Gurgaon was very professional and courteous. I went around 3:00 pm along with a dear friend of mine. We carried two PDI checklists and cross checked everything. Took us an hour to do that. Submitted the required papers for registration and got the vehicle in an hour. So finally I got my beautiful Cayenne Orange Renault Duster AWD aka O'ranger home. I will soon start a ownership thread. So will mention the initial driving experience there elaborately. Planned for tomorrow is the paint protection quartz glass coating for now. Speaker upgrade is also on the list but won't do that immediately. For some strange reason I am unable to upload any pic from phone as the app gives me a error message stating I don't have permission to access this feature if I try to upload any pic. Maybe someone can update me on how to fix this issue as I really wanted to upload some pics of my car. Anyways will try again tomorrow by afternoon hopefully.
Old 18th December 2016, 11:00   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, I need a bit of URGENT help here.

The Duster that I booked with Renault Wadi, Nagpur is actually with another dealership of their's located some 265 km away at Akola. The sales assistant said that they would bring the vehicle back to Nagpur BY ROAD driving all along 265 km. He further told that they have only a single vehicle of the color of my choice. And that they cannot arrange a trailer for a single vehicle to transport.

Now I am not feeling good that my new yet to be delivered vehicle would be driven for long 265 km. Totally perplexed. What to do now? Should I accept it?
1. I assume you are planning for RxL model. These vehicles are not available at this time of year as per Renault marketing strategy. They are looking to clear off the previous stock.
2. Now the catch is that these discounts will not be available next year with fresh stock. With present discounts this is a really great buy.
3. Best option for you is to visit the showroom where vehicle is kept. Inspect it and decide. It's quite common to drive vehicles from one dealership to another.
4. It may not be a bad decision to buy. No dealership would like to bring disrepute.

Just my two cents
Old 18th December 2016, 13:16   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
1. I assume you are planning for RxL model. These vehicles are not available at this time of year as per Renault marketing strategy. They are looking to clear off the previous stock.
2. Now the catch is that these discounts will not be available next year with fresh stock. With present discounts this is a really great buy.
3. Best option for you is to visit the showroom where vehicle is kept. Inspect it and decide. It's quite common to drive vehicles from one dealership to another.
4. It may not be a bad decision to buy. No dealership would like to bring disrepute.

Just my two cents
Hiii TaureanBull
I have planned for the RxZ AWD from the very beginning. Fortunately I got the vehicle of my choice color i.e. Orange. But unfortunately it turned out to be a bit old with manufacturing date of Feb 2016 as revealed by VIN decoding. The dealer told that RxZ AWD is sold less because of its high OTR. These two (one Orange and the other Amazon Green) are the last ones available with them.
2. You got it absolutely right. I don't want to miss this opportunity to purchase the vehicle. After December prices are sure to rise ;several manufacturers have already made announcements to that effect.
3. Agree with you. I think I should at least physically inspect the vehicle once before making any decision.
4. That's exactly what some of my friends have suggested. At the discount being offered by Renault it should not make a bad buy I think.

5. One piece of advice from you and fellow members is needed:: How much more discount should I ask from the dealer for it being a Feb 2016 vehicle???

Regards
Old 18th December 2016, 13:37   #250
CPJ
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
I have already spoken to the Area General Manager of Renault. To there credit they had told me while booking that the vehicle is at Akola. But I went ahead with the booking assuming that the vehicle would be transported with a flat bed truck. Later on asking about this, the dealer clarified that they cannot afford hiring a flat bed truck for transportation of a single vehicle. Sounds convincing too. The dealer also revealed that it is an standard practice to transfer the stock by road to/from small or subsidiary dealerships that attract small number of bookings.
In any case they have already brought the vehicle to Nagpur and requested me to come for a PDI. In the meantime, the VIN analysis revealed a February 2016 date of manufacturing. so, thorough PDI becomes inevitable.
Hi agt7,
It's good to hear that the dealer has been transparent in his dealings
IMO you should perform a through PDI on both the color options available with dealership and then select the best out of them.

Also please push for more discounts as the car in question is already close to 9 months old and the dealer definitely would want to clear his stocks before the year end. Do keep us updated on how things progress.
Old 18th December 2016, 13:46   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
It's good to hear that the dealer has been transparent in his dealings
IMO you should perform a through PDI on both the color options available with dealership and then select the best out of them.
Of course, a thorough PDI is what I am planning to do. Could you please suggest me what additional discount I should ask for from the dealer? This is my first car purchase in personal capacity hence don't have much idea about bargaining.

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 18th December 2016 at 13:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 19th December 2016, 18:23   #252
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, a thorough PDI is what I am planning to do. Could you please suggest me what additional discount I should ask for from the dealer? This is my first car purchase in personal capacity hence don't have much idea about bargaining.

Thanks
Hi agt7,
  1. Firstly try for more cash discounts over and above what the dealer had given, while taking your booking.You can easily ask for additional 15,000/- discounts as the car in question is close to 9 Months old and has been driven more than 100 KM.
  2. Get insurance from outside or ask the dealer to match insurance quotes.The dealerships have very high margins in the insurance.
  3. You could also try for free extended warranty if the dealer doesn't agree for more cash discounts.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Old 19th December 2016, 21:42   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The quote i got must be the highest any one has ever paid for Duster RXZ AWD!!

Karnataka & it's horrible road tax.
Even with 80k discount, its still painful to pay so much!

p.s. Here i see the cash discount after calculation on the Ex Showroom price+ Road tax + Insurance. Won't it be simpler to give the discount on the ex showroom price, so that the cost of other two also comes down?

Expert comments?
Ideally you should get 80K discount on Ex-Showroom and that is the norm with cash discounts. The dealer cannot reduce the road tax. What it indicates is, you have got 7xxxx discount on Ex-showroom and the other part coming from Insurance/handling charges, and corresponding percentage from Road tax.
If you are looking for more discounts,try below:
1.Press dealer for 80K discount on Ex-Showroom.
2.Buy your own insurance.
3.Do registration by yourself.
These should help you save some more. Also if you are exchanging your existing car, check for NCB benefits on insurance.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 10:39   #254
BHPian

Quote:

Expert comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Ideally you should get 80K discount on Ex-Showroom and that is the norm with cash discounts.
I had asked the question of why the discounts were not being applied on the ex-showroom price (ideally, the same way it was applied on my Honda City back in 2010 when we got a corporate discount of Rs 15,000/.). The answer I for from the rep here in the Renault showroom at Hyderabad(Kothaguda, Kondapur) was that since the discounts were changing month on month ranging from 60k to 100k, the RTO would question them every time they would remit a lower amount in Road Tax. To the extent that, the RTO started doubting certain dealers in terms of offering more discounts just to keep the Road tax low and share the savings with the customers. Audi/ BMW are known to offer discounts of INR 5 lakhs. This reduces the road tax liability credibly. Not sure if they adjust the discount from the ex-showroom or the final OTR price.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 11:37   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I had asked the question of why the discounts were not being applied on the ex-showroom price (ideally, the same way it was applied on my Honda City back in 2010 when we got a corporate discount of Rs 15,000/.). The answer I for from the rep here in the Renault showroom at Hyderabad(Kothaguda, Kondapur) was that since the discounts were changing month on month ranging from 60k to 100k, the RTO would question them every time they would remit a lower amount in Road Tax. To the extent that, the RTO started doubting certain dealers in terms of offering more discounts just to keep the Road tax low and share the savings with the customers. Audi/ BMW are known to offer discounts of INR 5 lakhs. This reduces the road tax liability credibly. Not sure if they adjust the discount from the ex-showroom or the final OTR price.
I am not sure on this part as why RTO should not be worried because its all about percentage for them. If the invoice says X amount, the RTO charges their percentage on this X amount. For accounting purpose, the showroom people cannot take a different amount than what is mentioned in invoice. Given that discounts are commonplace with all manufactures wonder why RTO is worried. Again person getting 80K discount on road shall pay more road tax than say person getting 1lac discount on-road. To me this looks like a plot from showroom people to make some money even after giving discount. By giving discount on On-road price, they are able to hide the fact on which part is actually discounted.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks