Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 23:10   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

I'm seriously considering buying the Duster AMT. Delhi traffic has become outright crazy, and the Swift is long in the tooth. At 8.5 years, not much life left given it will get deregistered in 1.5 years.

The quote I got for the Duster AMT is 12.6 L (RxL) on road. That seems fairly decent but I am curious about any feedback from long term users. A quick search didn't reveal any ownership threads. Could folks point me to that direction?

While the discount currently is mouth watering - I am neck deep in a really tiring project so i will buy it after republic day or so.
Old 21st December 2016, 14:31   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The quote I got for the Duster AMT is 12.6 L (RxL) on road.
In Delhi? The best quote I got for 85 PS RXZ was 12.35 L that too if I register it in Noida (Gurgaon would be another ~20k cheaper). 12.6 L for RXL AMT sounds much better than what I was considering to pay for 85 PS manual top model.
Old 21st December 2016, 15:40   #258
BHPian

Quote:
I'm seriously considering buying the Duster AMT. Delhi traffic has become outright crazy, and the Swift is long in the tooth. At 8.5 years, not much life left given it will get deregistered in 1.5 years.

The quote I got for the Duster AMT is 12.6 L (RxL) on road. That seems fairly decent but I am curious about any feedback from long term users. A quick search didn't reveal any ownership threads. Could folks point me to that direction?

While the discount currently is mouth watering - I am neck deep in a really tiring project so i will buy it after republic day or so.
I haven't seen any long term ownership threads on AMT here. Your best bet is the official review and a thorough TD.
Old 21st December 2016, 17:34   #259
BHPian

I am also looking for Duster AMT, but since last 15 days the dealer could not arrange for a TD vehicle.
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:39   #260
BHPian

Hey guys,

Last month I got the delivery of my New Duster 85 PS RXZ. After 1 month, ODO is about 1500 KM.

It's been a absolute pleasure driving the beast! Plan to share the detailed ownership report after completing 5000 KM.

Quick questions:

1. Just did a long trip of about 1200 KM. Mileage is about 18KMPL. Not at all bad. I am guessing it will be about 20KMPL after 1st service which is due sometime soon.
What about other owners here? Please share your feedback on FE.

2. What is the ideal tyre pressure? Sticker on the vehicle shows 29 psi for all 4 wheels. I use Nitrogen ( 30 psi ) & ride quality has been good so far. Any feedback here?

3. I use ECO mode in city limits. I don't switch OFF/ON everyday. Is this practice OK OR should we turn it OFF after vehicle is back home & turn ON next day?

Cheers!
RAHS
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:15   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Hey guys,

Last month I got the delivery of my New Duster 85 PS RXZ. After 1 month, ODO is about 1500 KM.

It's been a absolute pleasure driving the beast! Plan to share the detailed ownership report after completing 5000 KM.

Quick questions:

1. Just did a long trip of about 1200 KM. Mileage is about 18KMPL. Not at all bad. I am guessing it will be about 20KMPL after 1st service which is due sometime soon.
What about other owners here? Please share your feedback on FE.

2. What is the ideal tyre pressure? Sticker on the vehicle shows 29 psi for all 4 wheels. I use Nitrogen ( 30 psi ) & ride quality has been good so far. Any feedback here?

3. I use ECO mode in city limits. I don't switch OFF/ON everyday. Is this practice OK OR should we turn it OFF after vehicle is back home & turn ON next day?

Cheers!
RAHS
Congratulations.
Thats a good mileage for a new vehicle. I get 17-18 kmpl on long highway trips for RXZ AWD. I keep tyre pressure of 30-31 and no issues so far.
Tried using ECO mode once but felt little under-powered especially while overtaking. Havent used it since.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:54   #262
BHPian

Yesterday I took a small test drive of Duster AMT
The ride is really magic carpet I liked it very much
AMT is little bit of jerky and too early shifting which is not as per my liking
Manual is good compare to fully AMT
Front seat height adjust is a joke with us, either you can sit at highest level or lowest not middle level as the lever is just a mechanical one. Not at all useful
Rear seat is comfortable for three person but the ergonomics are very poor, there is no any bottle pocket in door, power window button switch is placed where the palm rests.
Audio system is not at all comparable with my Figo
Blower is very loud after 2nd position
And biggest omission is dead pedal, when you are driving AMT !!
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:32   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Rear seat is comfortable for three person but the ergonomics are very poor, there is no any bottle pocket in door, power window button switch is placed where the palm rests.
Audio system is not at all comparable with my Figo
Blower is very loud after 2nd position
And biggest omission is dead pedal, when you are driving AMT !!
Lack of interiors and features is not a news with Duster but it's the ride quality that sells. Also, now the pricing is attractive too.

My plan is to -
1. Replace the arm-rest with one that has cup-holding space. Gets me 2 in the front and 2 in rear arm-rest.
2. Look for an after-market dead pedal jugaad (carpenter job).

But can't do anything about lack of rear AC vent, loudness of blower :(
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why not the RXZ variant Himanshu?
Old 24th December 2016, 04:55   #265
BHPian

Hi friends
Yesterday I took the PDI of the Duster AWD Orange that I had booked a few days back. The observations are as under-

# An Odo reading of about 576 km. Obviously due to transfer of vehicle from Nagpur to Akola and back.

# Driver seat's plastic cover was removed. The seat was dusted. The driver foot well was even more dusted. It did felt like it has run those 576 kms by observing the cabin. However, the dealer promised to clean up everything before final delivery.

# 2-3 minor scratches on body and front bumper. Dealer promised to fix them.

# Similar scratches on front and rear silver colored skid plates. Assured to be fixed.

# Parcel tray was spoiled at a spot. Dealer assured to replace it.

# Rubber beadings of doors, windows, bonnet etc were not hard.

# Exhaust gases were normal. Nothing unusual found there.

# Engine started at first crank. I repeated it several times.

# Idle was normal and smooth. Even during spinning the vehicle, it was smooth and behaved like it ought to. Pick up was normal. Braking too felt normal. All controls were working normally.

# However, I found some glaringly visible rust at the iron part (don't know the exact name of it) where rear wheels are joined on both sides and may be in its close vicinity too (it was difficult to peek any further than this in the underbody). Confirmed it by rubbing with hands, it was rust. Now that got me really concerned. Dealer said that it would be all cleared and done with underbody coating during Waxoyl treatment; nothing to worry.
But I am not convinced. What to do.

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2016, 23:36   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post

# However, I found some glaringly visible rust at the iron part (don't know the exact name of it) where rear wheels are joined on both sides and may be in its close vicinity too (it was difficult to peek any further than this in the underbody). Confirmed it by rubbing with hands, it was rust. Now that got me really concerned. Dealer said that it would be all cleared and done with underbody coating during Waxoyl treatment; nothing to worry.

Thanks.
Well, Rusting is a common issue in Duster which is reported multiple times by other members as well. Specially under chassis. Most of the times this is taken care with a under chassis coating. I would not worry too much about it unless and until it's seen on all areas. IMHO, if other things are fine as part of PDI, bit of rusting under chassis should not be a deal breaker.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck
Old 26th December 2016, 17:23   #267
BHPian

Guys,

I am sure some of you have paid 1% TCS ( If Ex-showroom price is > 10 lakhs ) while purchasing the vehicle after June-01-2016. What did dealer tell you on TCS certificate? I was told that, it will be sent to my residential address within 90 days. Is that the case? Did someone got it already? Specially people who purchased Duster between June-September? As most of you are aware, this amount is refundable at the time of IT Return filing next year provided you produce the TCS certificate.
Old 26th December 2016, 21:30   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Well, Rusting is a common issue in Duster which is reported multiple times by other members as well. Specially under chassis. Most of the times this is taken care with a under chassis coating. I would not worry too much about it unless and until it's seen on all areas. IMHO, if other things are fine as part of PDI, bit of rusting under chassis should not be a deal breaker.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck
Thanks for your views. That's a bit reassuring that it's common in Dusters and not specific to my case. It would be certainly helpful in making final decision. Moreover the rust was actually surface rust.

Quote:
Guys,

I am sure some of you have paid 1% TCS ( If Ex-showroom price is > 10 lakhs ) while purchasing the vehicle after June-01-2016. What did dealer tell you on TCS certificate? I was told that, it will be sent to my residential address within 90 days. Is that the case? Did someone got it already? Specially people who purchased Duster between June-September? As most of you are aware, this amount is refundable at the time of IT Return filing next year provided you produce the TCS certificate.
Yes, I am one of them. I didn't know about this TCS certificate thing. Thank God, you shared this info. Now I can ask my dealer about this. If real then it would save me a good 14k.
Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 09:21   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post

Thanks.
This specific part is of the same rusty colour in most of the dusters that I have seen. Mine is also of the same colour. Not sure whether its rust or some kind of coating. Havent faced any issues so far.
They usually dont do Under-body coating on the wheel parts.
Old 28th December 2016, 12:39   #270
BHPian

Was about to finalize 85 PS RXZ when the SA teased me with the idea of AMT. The 110PS RXL AMT is about 25,000 cheaper than 85PS RXZ. In turn, the 110PS RXZ AMT is about 1.3L more than RXL AMT. Now I'm hooked and have removed manual transmission as an option.

So I went back to the drawing board and analysed if the difference between the 2 AMT trims is worth the money.
  • Airbags
(RX)L has 1 against 2 in (RX)Z.
Q - anyway I can reinforce passenger safety since it will miss the airbag?
  • Automatic climate contorl
L misses it and so will I
I don't think we can have aftermarket ACC, can we?
  • Cruise Control
L misses it but I can live with that, especially in an AMT
  • Touch screen AVN + parking assist
L gets the 2-din system. But this shouldn't be a problem. Rather I'll be happier with an Android HU with 8 speakers.
  • Armrest, chrome handles, one-touch driver window
Meh, can live with it. Some of them can be fitted later.
  • Alloys
I didn't like the new alloys anyway, can go for the 5 spoke ones later.

Total additional cost if I get the RXL
ICE with new speakers and park assist - ~40k
5 spoke alloys with default MRF wanderers - ~30k
Armrest, chrome and other misc - ~20k
Total damage - 90k (ACC will be sorely missed)

Might save around 50k but I'll get better ICE and alloys than the default Renault ones.

Does it make as much sense to anyone else here, especially existing Duster owners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks