Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 17:22   #301
BHPian

Took delivery of my white AWD Adventure on 7th Jan. I was waiting to adapt to the diesel powertrain and 6 speed box before sharing the initial ownership experience. Shall post it by end of the week. I disagree with the point of lack of legroom at the back. I am 6.1 and so is my brother, he could sit comfortably behind me, with seat adjusted to my driving position.

Cheers!
T-Rex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 18:12   #302
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Took delivery of my white AWD Adventure on 7th Jan. I was waiting to adapt to the diesel powertrain and 6 speed box before sharing the initial ownership experience.

Cheers!
Congrats! Happy motoring
Mine's ready, will be taking delivery next week.
Old 13th January 2017, 19:58   #303
BHPian

Guys, today I have received "GANG OF DUSTERS" kit! I got it approx after 7 weeks from the date of delivery.
Their timeline is between 6 - 8 weeks. So ON TIME I would say! I did couple of follow-ups with Renault team in between to make sure they deliver on time.

Kit has 3 items:

1. Membership Card ( Just like a ATM Card )
2. GOD Sticker
3. Welcome booklet which has some discount coupons & some complimentary services

Overall, I am very happy with the kit
RAHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 23:14   #304
BHPian

Horrible Experience with GenNext

I was looking to buy a new car and called the Renault helpline. They routed me to Gen Next motors Jogeshwari East in Mumbai. The initial follow up was consistent till I asked for a test drive. I was very specific that I wanted to test drive the Automatic drive. A sales representative called me and said he will try and get the car for a test drive. He followed up and explained the features and since I had driven a manual duster he asked me why I want to test drive the Automatic. I told him that's what I am looking for. Then we set up a date to test drive a week later. On that day I call GenNext and no one knows anything about the test drive. So that give me another date. Now when I follow up in between and call them again on the test drive day. Now I learn that the sales rep who was in touch with me has left and no one again knows about the test drive. A senior team lead comes on the phone and tells me there are many customers who want the car and so they can't come to me to show the car.
I swore I will not buy a duster if this is the pre-sales attitude and will now settle in for a Skoda or a Ford Eck Sport.

I was highly surprised by the arrogance and pre-sales team from Gen Next in Mumbai and would be hopeful that someone in Renault reads this blog.

Regards
Rohinton
Old 16th January 2017, 16:39   #305
BHPian

Re: Horrible Experience with GenNext

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post
I was looking to buy a new car and called the Renault helpline. They routed me to Gen Next motors Jogeshwari East in Mumbai. The initial follow up was consistent till I asked for a test drive. I was very specific that I wanted to test drive the Automatic drive. A sales representative called me and said he will try and get the car for a test drive. He followed up and explained the features and since I had driven a manual duster he asked me why I want to test drive the Automatic. I told him that's what I am looking for. Then we set up a date to test drive a week later. On that day I call GenNext and no one knows anything about the test drive. So that give me another date. Now when I follow up in between and call them again on the test drive day. Now I learn that the sales rep who was in touch with me has left and no one again knows about the test drive. A senior team lead comes on the phone and tells me there are many customers who want the car and so they can't come to me to show the car.
I swore I will not buy a duster if this is the pre-sales attitude and will now settle in for a Skoda or a Ford Eck Sport.

I was highly surprised by the arrogance and pre-sales team from Gen Next in Mumbai and would be hopeful that someone in Renault reads this blog.

Regards
Rohinton
Sorry to hear this. Is that the only dealer available at your place? Why not try with a different dealer OR different branch of the same dealer?

Trident Renault is the only dealer in Bangalore & they have different branches in different area ( May be about 6 branches across Bangalore ).

My experience was very good. Right from TD, Booking, Finance & Delivery. They did regular follow-up's to close the deal.

Good luck
Old 16th January 2017, 20:37   #306
BHPian

Sorry I changed location to Mumbai. Will change my profile as well. Yes they have different branches but they keep sending me here as that's the one closer to home.
Anyway I have tweeted and wrote to Renault and now they are tracking the complaint and are monitoring it.
Old 17th January 2017, 09:42   #307
BHPian

Hi RAHS, quite surprised to learn about your experience with them. In fact my experience so far has been exactly opposite. The sales rep who attends me is Harpal Singh and he is a Gem. I can PM you his details and tell him to look after you.
T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 13:44   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post

Regards
Rohinton
Sad to note the treatment given. As mentioned earlier by T-Rex, the Sales rep Harpal Singh has given prompt and honest service and I can also recommend one Hardik.Jaitly as well.

Incase you still want to have the Auto-box for a test ride, please do consider speaking to these boys directly.

Trust this helps.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:11   #309
BHPian

Taking delivery of Duster 110Rxz AMT tomorrow. Looking forward to starting what could be perhaps the first Duster AMT ownership thread anywhere on the internet!

Is is true that we need to try and keep the RPM below 2000 for the first 1000-2000 kms? The Renault dealer said its just a myth but many seem to be following it.

Is this run in period concept applicable to the Duster?
The Adventurer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 17:13   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
Taking delivery of Duster 110Rxz AMT tomorrow. Looking forward to starting what could be perhaps the first Duster AMT ownership thread anywhere on the internet!
Congrats, and thank you; the thread is much needed

What is your OTR? I'm looking to pick up the same but stuck in work right now. Probably around mid-Feb now
Old 17th January 2017, 20:32   #311
BHPian

Quote:

Is is true that we need to try and keep the RPM below 2000 for the first 1000-2000 kms? The Renault dealer said its just a myth but many seem to be following it.

Congrats & wish you happy miles well in advance!
Looking forward to the ownership thread of AMT. We do have lot of ownership thread on pre-facelift dusters. However, hardly anything after facelift.
Forget about AMT, manual ownership threads are also not much I believe!
I plan to write one for manual...Plan to do it once the beast completes about 5000 KM
Old 18th January 2017, 06:38   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was told by the Renault RM to keep it below 2000 for the first 1000 kms. Once I read the manual it also said not to cross 70kmph for first 1000 kms. The complete run in period as per manual is 3000 or 5000 kms.
TaureanBull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 10:22   #313
BHPian

I may not be getting delivery today as they say they are yet to get temporary registration. I suspect some lethargy on their part but not making a fuss about it. The payment was transferred last Friday and Insurance on Saturday.

The OTR price excluding insurance came to approx 13.70. And if you take into account the 1% TCS, The actual cost excluding insurance will be around 13.60.

Mine was an impulsive purchase. Was returning home after test driving the Hexa when I stopped by Renault to just check out the latest discount. Turns out TVS had just one AMT car from 2016 in their inventory that was eligible for discount.

Hence booked the Aug 2016 manufactured model that was on display in the showroom and managed to get discounts for over a lakh. The ODO read 25Kms.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:24   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I was told by the Renault RM to keep it below 2000 for the first 1000 kms. Once I read the manual it also said not to cross 70kmph for first 1000 kms. The complete run in period as per manual is 3000 or 5000 kms.
My Renault dealer laughed it off and said it's just a myth. There are owners who come back with odo's reading in thousands in the first week is what he said.

But you're right. It's better to follow the manual.
Old 18th January 2017, 12:14   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Hence booked the Aug 2016 manufactured model that was on display in the showroom and managed to get discounts for over a lakh. The ODO read 25Kms.
I hope you did a thorough PDI

Not to discourage you on your new purchase but the price seems on the higher side. I got a similar quote for a 2016 model stocked in their yard. The on-road offered was 13.75 for a RXZ AMT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks