Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2017, 13:57   #331
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
What would you guy's suggest, is the Duster offer a good deal?
Was in a similar dilemma, this might help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...er-2017-a.html

After a lot of thought I dropped RXL altogether because of lack of safety kit. I'm still deciding between RXZ and Creta at the moment.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 13:14   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Early users of the facelift Duster - can someone comment on the AC quality of the vehicle especially while idling or on slow speed? Is the AC any better than pre-facelift versions?
I have owned a Duster AWD for last two months and 2000 kms. The AC works good. Although it takes some time in cooling the cabin especially when the vehicle is parked under direct sunlight as is the case with me. But once done it works fine. No complaints.

Cheers
agt7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 13:30   #333
BHPian

Hi,
My Duster AWD is due for its first service. What important things I need to get done during this??

Moreover shall I go for an OIL CHANGE although the service manual doesn't suggest it for first service. However it is noteworthy that my Duster though purchased in December 16 is actually a Feb 16 model. Does this storage period of 10 months warrant an oil change or its ok without it??

Additionally I am not happy with the illumination provided by the stock headlamp bulbs. Will a change of bulbs (from service centre of course) have any negative effect on the warranty??? Please suggest a better pair of bulbs for Duster?

Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:14   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
I have a Tata Manaza Aura and done 70K Kms. As I have to commute 60 kms to office daily I am planning to switch to automatic.
Hi Shiva S

A lot depends upon your priorities. If AUTOMATIC is the topmost consideration, there is hardly anything that can beat DSG of Volkswagen. It's rear was a turnoff for me too. Interior space especially on the rear is also a concern. Otherwise a nice blend of everything from a world class manufacturer.

If you give riding comfort highest priority, Duster is the uncontested champion. Not to mention that it also provides good space, practicality, go anywhere credentials and class best handling. But yes, RxL is a bit of compromise on safety, you know why. I went for a RxZ (AWD) for this very reason. It's a shame that Renault provides two airbags in the top model only. It is costing them dear. Don't know when they are going to realise it.

Swift Dzire is a proven vehicle. But it's too common for taste. Moreover it would be soon replaced by its new generation sibling. Other than this nothing against this Maruti.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:50   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Review of the 6 speed dual clutch gearbox India did NOT get: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/d...ic-2017-review
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:37   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Hi,
My Duster AWD is due for its first service. What important things I need to get done during this??

Moreover shall I go for an OIL CHANGE although the service manual doesn't suggest it for first service. However it is noteworthy that my Duster though purchased in December 16 is actually a Feb 16 model. Does this storage period of 10 months warrant an oil change or its ok without it??

Additionally I am not happy with the illumination provided by the stock headlamp bulbs. Will a change of bulbs (from service centre of course) have any negative effect on the warranty??? Please suggest a better pair of bulbs for Duster?

Thanks
2K service is a quick check. They will not change anything. You can go for oil change for peace of mind but the manual doesn't recommend it.
Upgrade to Philips x-tremevision or Osram night breaker headlamps. Warranty should not be an issue as your are going through service centre.
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:45   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
2K service is a quick check. They will not change anything. You can go for oil change for peace of mind but the manual doesn't recommend it.
Upgrade to Philips x-tremevision or Osram night breaker headlamps. Warranty should not be an issue as your are going through service centre.
Thanks for quick response.

BTY, what's your take on oil change in first service. Did you opt for it during first service of your Duster ?
Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:00   #338
BHPian

Oil change is not required in the first service as the vehicle would have run only 1000km. Since your vehicle is more than 10 months old, and if you drive at this rate, the next service will be due only a year later, it would be good to change it. I think the rule is change the oil every 10K km or every year whichever is sooner.

I have an AWD and I am quite satisfied with the stock headlights; they are bright enough and on lonely roads with no traffic, they are very bright. But many owners feel more powerful lights are required.
Old 7th March 2017, 14:29   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for quick response.

BTY, what's your take on oil change in first service. Did you opt for it during first service of your Duster ?
Thanks
I did not opt for it. Agree with Saji here.
You can also discuss with the service adviser and take a call.
Old 15th March 2017, 17:17   #340
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

My friend told me that he wanted to book a RXZ AMT in Amazon green, but the sales rep told him that Amazon Green is not available in RXZ AMT trim.

I tried searching web to see if it is true, but could not find any conclusive info - can any one please let me know if it is indeed true? Or is dealer trying to push him to purchase a color which he may have in stock?

Further update: The SA confirmed to him that Amazon Green is only available in Adventure version, so he have booked a RXZ AMT in orange color. The waiting period quoted is 3-4 weeks.

He got 25 thousand INT cash discount and 7 thousand INR corporate discount on the on road price. After discount, the on-road price is 16,3XXX INT.

--Anoop

Last edited by Aditya : 16th March 2017 at 07:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 15th March 2017, 22:55   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
My friend told me that he wanted to book a RXZ AMT in Amazon green, but the sales rep told him that Amazon Green is not available in RXZ AMT trim.
--Anoop
Not true, the Company makes AMT in Amazon Green colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
He got 25 thousand INT cash discount and 7 thousand INR corporate discount on the on road price. After discount, the on-road price is 16,3XXX INT.
--Anoop
Sounds very expensive Which RTO is it?
Get quotes from other dealers as well. I was offered 14.75 on road in Noida last month.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 10:58   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Not true, the Company makes AMT in Amazon Green colour.

Sounds very expensive Which RTO is it?
Get quotes from other dealers as well. I was offered 14.75 on road in Noida last month.
Thank you - will ask him to double check then.
This is at bangalore - probably the highest road tax in India

--Anoop
Old 16th March 2017, 21:01   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Oil change is not required in the first service as the vehicle would have run only 1000km. Since your vehicle is more than 10 months old, and if you drive at this rate, the next service will be due only a year later, it would be good to change it. I think the rule is change the oil every 10K km or every year whichever is sooner.

I have an AWD and I am quite satisfied with the stock headlights; they are bright enough and on lonely roads with no traffic, they are very bright. But many owners feel more powerful lights are required.
I decided not to go for oil change for now since there are no plans of long trips for next two months. However will get it done before embarking on any long trip.

Headlights when compared with my WagonR are not better. May be it has more to do with the battery rather than bulbs. I am saying this because of late been facing starting issues.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I did not opt for it. Agree with Saji here.
You can also discuss with the service adviser and take a call.
OK. I too didn't get the oil changed. As suggested by you discussed it with SA and kept it on hold till any long trip.

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 20th March 2017, 12:26   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I decided not to go for oil change for now since there are no plans of long trips for next two months. However will get it done before embarking on any long trip.

Headlights when compared with my WagonR are not better. May be it has more to do with the battery rather than bulbs. I am saying this because of late been facing starting issues.

Thanks

OK. I too didn't get the oil changed. As suggested by you discussed it with SA and kept it on hold till any long trip.

Thanks
A lot of people, including me, change their motor oil rather soon on a brand new car. Say, 2-4k. The theory is that an early oil change will remove break-in or factory debris and dirt, if there is any. This is perhaps, old school thinking. But I figure it won't hurt to change it. Then at about 8-10k, after engine break in, I switch to synthetic oil.

Since I started doing it this way I noticed even more women flocking to me, men showing me greater respect and I started making more money.
DirtyDan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 12:38   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
A lot of people, including me, change their motor oil rather soon on a brand new car. Say, 2-4k. The theory is that an early oil change will remove break-in or factory debris and dirt, if there is any. This is perhaps, old school thinking. But I figure it won't hurt to change it. Then at about 8-10k, after engine break in, I switch to synthetic oil.
True. Maybe a couple of oil changes in the 1st 7-8k km to remove all metal filings and debris and then FS oils (if the car supports it per the manual, else SS) for 10k km there on. I feel 10k km is the max even FS oils can last in our weather and traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Since I started doing it this way I noticed even more women flocking to me, men showing me greater respect and I started making more money.
Loved this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks