Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 23:56   #421
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Thanks for sharing the awesome review. Couldn't thank when I read it (was not a Team-BHP member then)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
AWD gets its spare wheel placed inside the vehicle; FWD has it under the car:
Did you get a chance to check if FWD Duster had plastic cladding beneath the spare wheel? My 2017 Duster RXL(Petrol) doesn't have it.
Old 14th November 2017, 12:38   #422
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Did you get a chance to check if FWD Duster had plastic cladding beneath the spare wheel? My 2017 Duster RXL(Petrol) doesn't have it.
Very true, I also noticed this on many New Dusters during a recent visit to the service center. Cost cutting!!
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 21:43   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
My 2017 RxZ AMT does not have any cladding under the wheel too.
abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 15:48   #424
BHPian

Hi

Yesterday I observed something unusual with the fuel gage of my 2016 Duster AWD when I refueled it. It's fuel gage was low by '2 Bars' (from full reading) when I got it filled upto brim; about 26 litres of Diesel was filled.

But even after that the fuel gage wouldn't show 'FULL' reading and remained in its earlier state i. e. less by two bars. Thereafter I drove for about 125 Kms but nothing happened to the reading of fuel gage. However I parked the car for night thinking it may correct itself next day.

But this morning again, when I checked the fuel gage by turning the ignition on, it was the same like previous night.

What could have gone wrong with fuel gage? Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 20:52   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Yesterday I observed something unusual with the fuel gage of my 2016 Duster AWD when I refueled it. It's fuel gage was low by '2 Bars' (from full reading) when I got it filled upto brim; about 26 litres of Diesel was filled.
Never fill upto the brim. Faced similar issue once. Nothing to worry. Visit the service centre, they will be able to fix it quickly.
Just fill the tank till auto cutoff and you will be ok.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 12:58. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 26th November 2017, 17:56   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Never fill upto the brim. Faced similar issue once. Nothing to worry. Visit the service centre, they will be able to fix it quickly.
OK, will keep in mind for further refuelings. Just did it to calculate mileage by tank full method.

By the way, could you please throw some light on what could have gone wrong? Could it be due to some faulty sensor or fuse?

Thanks for your quick response.
Old 26th November 2017, 18:47   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Quote:
I regularly fill my duster to the brim and this has never happened. After the auto cutoff it takes around 15 litres! Yes 15 litres!

The issue being discussed is sometimes noticed if you dont siwtch off the engine while refueling.

Last edited by revved_up : 26th November 2017 at 18:48.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 11:26   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I regularly fill my duster to the brim and this has never happened. After the auto cutoff it takes around 15 litres! Yes 15 litres!

The issue being discussed is sometimes noticed if you dont siwtch off the engine while refueling.
Its an issue with the sensor and this what the service guy had told me.

- Never fill to the brim and
- Switch off the engine

He wasnt sure on the exact cause.
I just follow both and haven't faced the issue since.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:51   #429
BHPian

The indicator should auto-correct after you have consumed enough fuel to drop down below the level it is currently stuck at .

Always take out the key when filling up and the problem should not recur.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:53   #430
BHPian

Quote:

Never seen this issue till now. I've filled multiple times after the 50km warning indicator has come on. It holds around 45 litres at that point. The indicators reflect this accurately. I have never filled to the brim even once till today, like @C300

Just check if the meters start working correctly once the excess (i.e. brim - auto-cutoff) fuel has been consumed.

What km range are you getting with the brim method? May be useful if we're heading into an area with no fuel/ suspect quality fuel.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 12:59. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 27th November 2017, 13:12   #431
BHPian

I have seen this a couple of times, but not in the recent past. The service guys fixed it and the problem has not recurred. I mostly fill to the brim and have not seen any issues lately.
With a Duster, you will occasionally see different types of weird behaviour. Fuel gauge indicators sometimes behave erratically, once I have seen a low fuel warning indicator when I knew there was more diesel available. I just filled another Rs 500 of diesel and the problem did not recur again.
Old 27th November 2017, 19:32   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post

I had switched off the engine like always. And yes, I am too in the practice of filling the Duster way beyond auto cut off but it never happened like this time.

Thanks.

Quote:
Its an issue with the sensor and this what the service guy had told me.

- Never fill to the brim
Yes, sensor it could be. Does it need replacement or can be rectified?

Regarding filling upto brim, I definitely see merit in your point. I too don't consider it as a great idea but somehow was practising it till date. Have read somewhere about leaving enough space in fuel tank and not filling it to brim. Don't know how appropriate this anology could be but I believe that fuel tanks are like our stomachs that need sufficient space for air too in addition to food and water (comments from fellow members are welcome).
Looks like I need to start following it to avoid any such issue in future.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
The indicator should auto-correct after you have consumed enough fuel to drop down below the level it is currently stuck at .

Always take out the key when filling up and the problem should not recur.
Well, taking out the key is something I didn't know was this important. I do always ensure to switch off the engine but don't take out the keys. Will sure try this. Thanks.

The vehicle has covered around 140 kms since refueling. As per your point, I need to clock some more Kms to reach upto the fuel level the indicator got stuck at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Just check if the meters start working correctly once the excess (i.e. brim - auto-cutoff) fuel has been consumed.

What km range are you getting with the brim method? May be useful if we're heading into an area with no fuel/ suspect quality fuel.
Yes, I will wait for that point to come and see if something happens.

I haven't so far calculated the mileage using brim method.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
I have seen this a couple of times, but not in the recent past. The service guys fixed it and the problem has not recurred.

With a Duster, you will occasionally see different types of weird behaviour.
Hope that fuel gage auto corrects itself or else I will have to visit service center.

And yes, as you put it very rightly, Dusters do present weird things about themselves at times. This is my second realization in very first year of ownership. The first one was about battery that was finally replaced.

Regards
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:17   #433
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is there an automatic petrol version on sale already? caught one with red plates(temporary) with no badges except for the brand at rear.

Sound was clearly from a petrol engine, shifting too sounded weird, hard to describe, but surely not a manual one.
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:19   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Guys, is there an automatic petrol version on sale already? caught one with red plates(temporary) with no badges except for the brand at rear.

Sound was clearly from a petrol engine, shifting too sounded weird, hard to describe, but surely not a manual one.
There is a Petrol with CVT variant. Available in only RxS trim if I am not mistaken.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:25   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
There is a Petrol with CVT variant. Available in only RxS trim if I am not mistaken.
Could have been that, but I had some doubts since I see Renault testing their cars all the time!

Sometimes I see cars that have already hit the market with dummies inside! not sure if they do component testing for export models or anything similar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks