Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2018, 22:44   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
Thanks deehunk. I was actually wondering if Nissan Terrano Automatic also has any such issues and found on few websites that that there are lot of complaints on CVT transmission outside India.
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan..._jerking.shtml
Shiva, today I did a back to back TD of AMT variants of Terrano and Duster, also Duster AWD. My observation is Duster AMT has a linear throttle response compared to Terrano, could not find much difference between AMT and AWD variants in terms of drivability. I felt the steering to be light on Terrano compared to Duster.
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:28   #452
Senior - BHPian

I took an unplanned delivery of my Duster today, should thank the staff at Silk board showroom for ensuring smooth delivery. The Sales consultant has quit so it was sad to not have him today. I am sharing few photos of my Duster.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-01.jpg  

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-02.jpg  

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-03.jpg  

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-04.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 11:08   #453
Senior - BHPian

I have driven my new Duster AMT for 800 km, almost 600 km has been highway driving. It has been a good driving experience when compared to the previous 85 PS variant I owned. I encountered a side wall bursting on 4th day while driving to Hassan, my mistake that I took an alternate route to avoid toll and entered an under construction road. The average fuel efficiency has been 16 kmpl so far and it is very relaxing to drive this car in city traffic. The AMT works well, felt that there is a delay of 10 seconds in gear shifts in comparison to my previous manual shifting pattern. I am still learning to use cruise control feature, maps and navigation features are good compared to other maps. I will soon come up with a comparison review between Duster, Ecosport and WR-V.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th April 2018 at 11:18.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 12:09   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have driven my new Duster AMT for 800 km, almost 600 km has been highway driving.
Welcome to the AMT! If you can put up with the lag in the shifts, you will enjoy this car. Just finishing 10,000km and I hardly notice the lag once it becomes normal. You may have already noticed that in the 4-5-6, the lag related feel is very minimal.

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2018 at 22:39. Reason: compacted quoted post
abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 12:25   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Welcome to the AMT! If you can put up with the lag in the shifts, you will enjoy this car. Just finishing 10,000km and I hardly notice the lag once it becomes normal. You may have already noticed that in the 4-5-6, the lag related feel is very minimal.
True abhi, my initial observations,
  • The vehicle gets dragged more in 2nd gear, I use manual shift from 2-3
  • The shifts are smooth from 3-4, very similar to how I change gears manually
  • The shift from 5-4 takes some time, again I use manual shift
  • I hardly drive at 3 digit speeds these days, so happy with the performance in 5th gear
  • The NVH levels are better than 85 PS variant and AC too is very powerful.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th April 2018 at 12:27.
Old 1st May 2018, 12:16   #456
BHPian

I have the awd version of Duster. Need to upgrade the medianav to JVC HU. The problem is lack of the connector cable in the market. Would like to use the already available camera set up of duster.
Any suggestions where I can find these connectors?
Old 2nd May 2018, 09:09   #457
Senior - BHPian

The wiring harness is not readily available these days, order it from aliexpress or ebay.
Old 2nd May 2018, 11:16   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I have the awd version of Duster. Need to upgrade the medianav to JVC HU.
Any suggestions where I can find these connectors?
Maybe you could PM the fellow TBHP member named ::CMS:: (that's his screen name, including the :: ). I am under the impression that he has a lot of contacts and resources ref Duster.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd May 2018 at 11:19.
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:56   #459

Dear Bhpians what would be the best way to save cost on rear camera installation when Renault dealer says doing it from outside voids electric warranty?.. any harness available to bypass from cutting the rear light wiring?
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:23   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobeyes View Post
Dear Bhpians what would be the best way to save cost on rear camera installation when Renault dealer says doing it from outside voids electric warranty?.. any harness available to bypass from cutting the rear light wiring?
You could use fusetaps or the vacant fuse pins, if available.
manjunag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:43   #461

@manjunag Much appreciate the idea. Any good quality package available for sensor+camera+monitor. Checked in Amazon but reviews point towards lack of clarity, view etc. From my brief search i think a set including GPS and dashcam is available too but not sure of quality. Any advices please for not voiding warranty
Old 11th June 2018, 08:33   #462
Senior - BHPian

I have completed 4000 kms with my Duster AMT, except for the known problem of brakes lacking the bite, it has been a happy experience. The average FE inside city and on highways has been around 16 kmpl. I went for a long drive yesterday towards Hassan, really enjoyed my drive in the rains doing high speeds after a long time. The return journey was perfect for a Duster as I reached home in under 2 hours amidst heavy rains.
Old 26th June 2018, 18:10   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I have the awd version of Duster. Need to upgrade the medianav to JVC HU.
Have you upgraded your Medianav? Please share if you have tried. Even am exploring that as an option.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2018 at 18:19.
Old 27th August 2018, 10:27   #464
Senior - BHPian

I will be completing 10,000kms on my Duster-AMT tomorrow, it has been a pleasant experience, unlike last time when I had a torrid time with the 85PS variant. I had a good experience at the Mysore service center when I bought some accessories in June, have decided to get my vehicle serviced from them here-after. They keep up a good stock of parts in the inventory, and staff too are well-behaved
Old 18th September 2018, 22:21   #465
BHPian

Hi everyone, i too own a duster rxl AMT. I have completed 37000 kms till date. I purchased the vehicle on december 24 th 2016. Overall it is a great feeling to own the duster. I have never faced any problem with the vehicle. I feel the service costs are on higher side. I am a sedate driver. I enjoy driving in the legal speed limits. I do not accelerate hard from a stand still. I never faced any jerking issues. I can clearly make out when the gear shifts occur. I am only person who drives the duster, no one else drives it. The place where I stay have good roads in the city limits and deep pot holes in the neighbouring villages. I travel a lot to those villages. The best part is to go on a long drive, with the AMT and the excellent suspension there is no tiredness felt. I plan to drive to ladakh next year in my duster. Everyone complains about the quality of materials in the vehicle, I can live with it. Finally the vehicle gives me good mileage as well, around 16.5 kmpl.

Regards
Pavan.
drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks