Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 08:14   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
Hi everyone, i too own a duster rxl AMT. The best part is to go on a long drive, with the AMT and the excellent suspension there is no tiredness felt. I plan to drive to ladakh next year in my duster. Everyone complains about the quality of materials in the vehicle, I can live with it. Finally the vehicle gives me good mileage as well, around 16.5 kmpl.
Your observations are right, me too being a sedate driver, find the Duster really comfortable on long drives.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 12:07   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Your observations are right, me too being a sedate driver, find the Duster really comfortable on long drives.
Thank you sir, happy to note that your duster is doing it's duty well. I am worried about one thing, whenever i visit the service center i enquire the service manager asking what is the maximum odometer reading seen by him in AMT versions of the duster? His reply is 50,000 kms but with replacement of flywheel and clutch plates at 45,000 kms. I am worried to know what can be the maximum life of clutch plates and flywheel for my driving style (relaxed driving) in amt versions. Seniors can help in this aspect.

Previously i used swift dzire vdi 2009 model for 1 lakh kms with stock clutch.
Old 19th September 2018, 12:59   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
I am worried to know what can be the maximum life of clutch plates and flywheel for my driving style (relaxed driving) in amt versions. Seniors can help in this aspect.
Previously i used swift dzire vdi 2009 model for 1 lakh kms with stock clutch.
My BIL's Duster underwent flywheel and clutch replacement at 16K kilometers under warranty due to shuddering. My vehicle has crossed 10K kms and I have not faced any problem. The repeatability of parts failure has been unpredictable in Renault vehicles. I myself encountered so many issues on my previous Duster.
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:50   #469
BHPian

Quote:
My BIL's Duster underwent flywheel and clutch replacement at 16K kilometers under warranty due to shuddering. I myself encountered so many issues on my previous Duster.
Good morning sir, i am really shocked to hear that from you. Your brother in laws duster having shuddering issue at a very low mileage, as per your post i guess this is your second duster vehicle. If i were you i will not be able to place the trust on a same brand and same vehicle again. Overall am happy as a duster owner. My service adviser being a well known to my dad has advised to go for the synthetic engine oil during the next service.

I travel a lot and my monthly use varies between 3000 kilometers to 3500 kilometers. I too have advised few of my friends to buy a duster for its excellent ride quality. 2 of them bought manual 110 bhp versions and they too are happy with the purchase.
drpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:50   #470
BHPian

Quote:
My BIL's Duster underwent flywheel and clutch replacement at 16K kilometers under warranty due to shuddering..
My 2016 Duster RXZ AMT has done 25K till now and doesn't have any issues till now. I mostly use this on highways and occasionally in city as I have another hatchback for city drive.

How is the shuddering and when does it occur. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 23rd September 2018 at 12:00.
Old 24th September 2018, 02:51   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
My 2016 Duster RXZ AMT has done 25K till now and doesn't have any issues till now. I mostly use this on highways and occasionally in city as I have another hatchback for city drive.

How is the shuddering and when does it occur. Thanks.
The shuddering pattern is very similar to what you see in MT vehicles, my BIL drives on a very congested, rough road everyday to office. After the replacement of flywheel and clutch, the problem has not resurfaced.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 08:28   #472
BHPian

Quote:
The shuddering pattern is very similar to what you see in MT vehicles, my BIL drives on a very congested, rough road everyday to office..
Since most of my ride is on highways, I did not observe this most of the time. But recently, on few occasions, when I drove on a congested road, I remember observing this.

Is this similar to the one in MT where the jerking/shuddering occurs just when it's time for a gear change and we do not change and keep it as it is and/or slow down.

To overcome this, I tried driving in manual mode in my AMT and I believe its not there or very less in this mode.

Should I also ask the ASC to change the flywheel and the clutch for my AMT. Thanks.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 11:27   #473
Senior - BHPian

Talk to the service guy and let them decide about replacement. I would not recommend you to replace clutch as your driving inside city is very less.
Old 28th September 2018, 21:34   #474
BHPian

Hi everyone, i did a recent trip from vijayawada to hyderabad in my duster amt. My wife did most of the driving this time. Just a casual check in the information display showed a mileage of 23.5 kmpl. I am uploading a picture of the same. Seniors please give your opinion as well. My wife too doesn't drive fast. The picture taken during the drive is with utmost care. I do not promote or advice anyone to take pictures while driving. I took the picture while my wife is driving.

As mentioned in my previous posts, am happy to own duster amt version. Now my car has completed 39000 kms.
Picture is taken from mobile so low quality, kindly excuse.

Regards
Dr. Pavan
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20180928_161611.jpg  

drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 18:02   #475
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I have been experiencing a creepy problem for my Media Nav touchscreen infotainment system. It has been more than a year for my 2016 85pz RXZ model that the issue is not diagnosed. Whenever the system is playing two applications at a time, for e.g. Radio and Navigation or Songs via phone and Nav simultaneously, it starts giving a beep sound, which gradually keeps on increases in frequency. Any inputs how I can address this. In addition, what is the standard version this system has for maps and is there a way to upgrade the software?
Old 8th October 2018, 21:24   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STraiTDriVE View Post
Hi Everyone, I have been experiencing a creepy problem for my Media Nav touchscreen infotainment system. It has been more than a year for my 2016 85pz RXZ model that the issue is not diagnosed. Whenever the system is playing two applications at a time, for e.g. Radio and Navigation or Songs via phone and Nav simultaneously, it starts giving a beep sound, which gradually keeps on increases in frequency. Any inputs how I can address this. In addition, what is the standard version this system has for maps and is there a way to upgrade the software?
It seems to be speed alert. When you have navigation running, it also shows you the speed limit, and if you cross the limit, it starts giving beeps.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 10:28   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
It seems to be speed alert. When you have navigation running, it also shows you the speed limit, and if you cross the limit, it starts giving beeps.
Oh Yes, Thanks! This would be the case, as a speed of 50 used to keep blinking on the system. Whenever I used to cross the speed limit, the beep frequency used to increase. So what is the setting, is there any method to increase the limits or mute the beep sound for maps alone? Also, is it possible to upgrade the maps?
Old 9th October 2018, 11:39   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STraiTDriVE View Post
Oh Yes, Thanks! This would be the case, as a speed of 50 used to keep blinking on the system. Whenever I used to cross the speed limit, the beep frequency used to increase. So what is the setting, is there any method to increase the limits or mute the beep sound for maps alone? Also, is it possible to upgrade the maps?
You can go to Nav > Options > Alerts > Alert When Speeding > Off

To upgrade the maps, you can refer this thread: Link (Renault Lodgy / Duster - Updating Navigation Maps)
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 12:41   #479
Senior - BHPian

How is the rear seat comfort for the new Duster? Not the space , but the ride? Almost all reviews seem to say that the front seat is comfortable even over potholes, but how about the rear seats? Are they comfortable for long drives? The trouble here is that nobody gives you a longish test drive, so it's difficult to gauge.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 15th October 2018 at 12:42.
Old 15th October 2018, 18:39   #480
Senior - BHPian

The rear seat leg room is limited for shorter people too, but ride quality is outstanding. My mother has accompanied me on a lot of long trips, she never feels exhausted on the Duster.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed