Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 11:49   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
My duster hasn't reached the 40K milestone yet. But if I were you, I will stick to what is mentioned in the ownership manual. Some of the common items which SAs try to add unnecessarily are AC duct cleaning, underbody treatment, etc., which I always happily refuse.
Sure, that should be the way to go about it. But SAs almost always try to misguide and that's really pathetic.

However, would like to know from senior members here regarding Dos & Don'ts for 40k service of Duster (RxZ AWD).

Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 00:29   #527
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
would like to know from senior members here regarding Dos & Don'ts for 40k service of Duster (RxZ AWD).
Scheduled items due for replacement in 40K (or even 10s) are:
  • Fuel Filter
  • Differential Oil
There are two part numbers for the AWD, check which one they are putting in your car and why. As per my info :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
P/N: 164033646R is AWD / AMT specific
P/N: 164034510R is replacement for the above part and is an updated part which costs less. Less, due to difference in filtration property or due to being more localized, I do not know.
For the differential oil they might say it is not needed, but you should insist on it being replaced. Costs about 800 bucks and is better for the longevity of the differential.

Ask them to check the battery.

Report all issues with the car, suspension leaks, ac direction control, rattles and squeaks, uneven idle, etc. if any, since the warranty lasts for 40K (2 year) only if you have not bought the extension (+2 year and upto 80K km).

Other than that, 40K is when the Pads and rotors require a replacement so factor that in.

Enquire about extending the warranty till 7 years and 1 lac km.

Refuse all extras. Engine coating, rat repulsion coating, underbody coating, interior cleaning, roof liner cleaning, ac duct disinfectant, wheel polisher etc.

The tyres also usually last in between 40-50K. Go for replacement if needed through a tyre dealer rather than through Renault. Ask the service guys to not do alignment and balancing since that will be money wasted when you get the new set of tyres.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 14:06   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
You must have been really shaken, to each his own. I also sold my sold my 14 year old Elantra at Cars 24, concur with what you said. Request you to reconsider and probably shift to small hatch: I did a TD of the Ignis it has very compact dimensions and is a great ride, check it out, has some great deals for the festive season, I have nothing to do with Maruti, wanted to get my daughter a car but she didn't like it.
But for the problem deehunk is facing a small hatch will only add to his woes. A Thar, Safari or a Endy will keep these small vehicles from and 2 wheelers from cutting you often.
Old 18th November 2019, 12:13   #529
BHPian

Hello All Duster Diesel AMT owners, how do you find the hill hold / hill start assist feature t be working in the AMT? Does it hold the car for few seconds in steep inclines like mall ramps or hilly sections? Any real world experience will help me a lot here.
Old 18th November 2019, 13:29   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Hello All Duster Diesel AMT owners, how do you find the hill hold / hill start assist feature t be working in the AMT? Does it hold the car for few seconds in steep inclines like mall ramps or hilly sections? Any real world experience will help me a lot here.
If the car comes to a standstill on any steep incline , automatically brakes are applied for 3-4 seconds , and released as soon as , accelerator is pressed .

Since there is no manual clutch , this prevents the car from rolling back after releasing the brake .This gives enough time to shift the foot from the brake to accelerator .
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 15:31   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
If the car comes to a standstill on any steep incline , automatically brakes are applied for 3-4 seconds , and released as soon as , accelerator is pressed .
Thank you. So this is unlike other AMTs like Breeza, Nexon in the market where the hill hold doesn't really work all the time.
Old 18th November 2019, 15:59   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Thank you. So this is unlike other AMTs like Breeza, Nexon in the market where the hill hold doesn't really work all the time.
I have no idea about Brezza/Nexon, but this is how it works in Duster .
Quoting the user manual here .

Quote:
This function assists the driver when starting on hills. It prevents the vehicle from rolling forwards or backwards by automatically applying the brakes when the driver lifts their foot off the brake pedal to depress the accelerator pedal. It only operates when the gear lever is in a position other than neutral (other than N or P for automatic transmissions) and the vehicle is completely stationary (brake pedal depressed). The system holds the vehicle for approximately 2 seconds. The brakes are then gradually released (the vehicle will move according to the slope).
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:04   #533
BHPian

In my quest for a C-SUV + DIESEL + AUTO tranny i have now landed here. Have taken long TD for Brezza (meh!), XUV 300 (small boot space, at a very high premium), NEXON (peculiar design), KIA SELTOS (even the k+ variant is beyond budget, to add to it, poor mileage)
What do you guys think of Duster AMT?
It's longer than 4M, seems competent on highways as well as city, large boot, comfortable front and rear seats.
Heard/read somewhere that the 110PS engine has some issues with fuel injectors. Can anyone shed some light over it?
How's the gear shift in AMT?
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:25   #534
BHPian

Quote:
....For the differential oil they might say it is not needed, but you should insist on it being replaced. Costs about 800 bucks and is better for the longevity of the differential.
===============
The tyres also usually last in between 40-50K. Go for replacement if needed through a tyre dealer rather than through Renault. Ask the service guys to not do alignment and balancing since that will be money wasted when you get the new set of tyres.
First of all, sorry for late response on my part. And thanks for all the valuable suggestions.

Differential oil replacement was not suggested by SA during 30k service and if I am not wrong even the standard service manual didn't suggest it for replacement 30k or 40k.

I will sure inquire about 7 year/1 lakh kms warranty.

Regarding tyres, its due for change. Which brand tyres will be the best for Duster in you opinion? The default ones were MRF WANDERER SPORTS and have lasted 41k Kms. Although I faced several puncture issues with them, grip was never an issue. I am considering Bridgestone and Michelin. You can suggest any other suitable brand also.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th February 2020 at 14:31. Reason: edited quoted post
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:17   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
In my quest for a C-SUV + DIESEL + AUTO tranny i have now landed here. Have taken long TD for Brezza (meh!), XUV 300 (small boot space, at a very high premium), NEXON (peculiar design), KIA SELTOS (even the k+ variant is beyond budget, to add to it, poor mileage)
What do you guys think of Duster AMT?
It's longer than 4M, seems competent on highways as well as city, large boot, comfortable front and rear seats.
Heard/read somewhere that the 110PS engine has some issues with fuel injectors. Can anyone shed some light over it?
How's the gear shift in AMT?
Hi,
I had recently replaced my 2013 Manual DsL 110 Duster with a 2019 AMT 110 DSL. My old duster had done 1,80,000 kms in its 5 and a half year life with me and served me well in its time. The Duster is a no nonsense vehicle with no fuss about it. Yes, it is dated when compared to the newer cars/suvs available in the market currently. Its USP is its brilliant ride and handling. No car/suv, even in the current market scenario, can match the Duster for that in my humble opinion.

The old duster did have the injector/pump malfunction issue, but then I lived with it without replacing it. The problem cropped up in the fourth year of ownership after the 4 year warranty period had expired. The warning light started blinking and when inspected at the service center, it was diagnosed as the injector/pump malfunction. I was asked to replace it and the cost was around 65K for it. I declined changing it and continued running with it. The hazard warning light would only come up once in a while and it would go off on its own after a while. I ignored it and continued using the vehicle with no issues at all. The vehicle continued running without any issues ( I could've been lucky) and I intended to change/replace the injector/pump only when it was absolutely necessary and if the vehicle stalled. This never happened.

Last month I got a call from the local Renault Dealer in Kerala that they were offering good discounts on the Phase II (Not the 2019 facelifted version, but the previous version) Renault Dusters. They offered me a RxS Variant Duster with AMT Diesel 110 with an ex showroom price of Rs.9.99 L !!! This would translate to an on road price in Kerala at Rs.11.50 Lakhs which included the road tax, b2b insurance for 3 years (1st year b2b and 2nd and 3rd year, third party) 5 years extended warranty, fastag and essential accessories pack (Mud flaps and carpets). At 11.50 L for an auto diesel duster is a steal and I immediately took up the offer, sold my old duster and took delivery of the Duster AMT.

The AMT in the Duster is very convenient since the old duster had quite a hard clutch and one would easily tire the left leg in bumper to bumper traffic. The AMT takes care of this. The drivability of the AMT is nothing phenomenal compared to the proper automatics like CVTs and DSGs. But, to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised with the Duster AMT as it had relatively lesser turbo lag compared to the brezza AMT. There is a lag in the first and second gearing but for a normal, sedate driver, like me, this is perfectly fine and I can live with it. Some reviews had mentioned about the head nod effect of the AMT while upshifting from the 1st and 2nd gears. I think Renault has addressed it to a certain extend and this is negligible in my opinion. The AMT just needs some time to get used to and once you know the vehicle and the vehicle knows your driving dynamics, the drive is a breeze.

The interiors of the car has been slightly updated. It now get a touch screen display with android auto/apple carplay as standard. The touch screen response in not lightning fast but very much usable. Bluetooth connectivity is good ( The old one was difficult to pair). The in-cabin insulation is good and the doors have proper rubber beading and shut with a assuring thud. The engine noise is vastly improved and the newer engine is well insulated. There are certain areas where the quality has gone down from the older duster like the AC vents, which is appears to be made of thinner and more fragile material. The seats are also draped in fabric which is inferior to the earlier material. Will need to use a proper cover for it as it does not seem built to take regular abuse. The Instrument cluster also seems to have taken a cost cutting effect and now comes with a basic console although certain elements have been added digitally.

One thing which has remained is the Ride and Handling of the vehicle. And this is the reason I love driving the duster even after so many years of living with it. None of the more fancy new vehicles can match the Duster in the ride and handling department !!!.

I have driven the new Duster AMT for about 2000 kms and it returns a milage of 14 in city and 18 on the highway. Done the first 2000 kms service/checkup and there was no cost for it. About the injector failure that people fear about the Duster 110, I think the 5 year/100,000 kms extended warranty will take care of that.

I am one HAPPY Renault Duster AMT owner .

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th February 2020 at 14:32. Reason: line spacing for better readability
ASTRIKX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 11:39   #536
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for all the valuable suggestions.

Which brand tyres will be the best for Duster in you opinion?
Get the differential oil changed irrespective of the suggestion of the service personnel.

I have tried MRF (On-road), Apollo(On-road), Yokohama (On-road) and Michelin (On-road and Off-road), till date. I would suggest nothing other than Michelin now.

Their on-road tyres are called Primacy SUV and the off-road ones are called LTX Force. The on-road ones are much more silent than the off-road ones but both are much better than all the other brands tested. The tyre keeps its suppleness till its end of life which is not the case with the other brands tried till date.
Old 29th November 2019, 08:15   #537
BHPian

Hi all, may I know the realistic milage figures for the petrol autimatic version? I understand its about 15-17 kmpl for diesel automatic. Petrol versions , I read , return about 10-12 on highways. Thanks.

Last edited by indigo74 : 29th November 2019 at 08:44.
Old 1st December 2019, 09:33   #538
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried MRF (On-road), Apollo(On-road), Yokohama (On-road) and Michelin (On-road and Off-road), till date. I would suggest nothing other than Michelin now.

Their on-road tyres are called Primacy SUV and the off-road ones are called LTX Force. The on-road ones are much more silent than the off-road ones but both are much better than all the other brands tested. The tyre keeps its suppleness till its end of life which is not the case with the other brands tried till date.
Ok, that gives a fair idea about popular tyre brands. Suppleness and road noise are important. But, could you please throw some light on overall life span, road grip , and behaviour in wet and water logged conditions of Michelin tyres vis-a-vis other brands ? Also how are the Bridgestones ?

My MRF WANDERER SPORTS used to cause a huge splash when encountered with water logged roads and that was really annoying.

Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:48   #539
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
overall life span, road grip , and behaviour in wet... Also how are the Bridgestones ?

My MRF WANDERER SPORTS used to cause a huge splash when encountered with water logged roads and that was really annoying.
Life Span: anything above 48K is at your own risk.
  • Wanderer Sport ~ 45,000 km
  • Aptera HT ~ 46,000 km
  • Geolandar SUV ~ 52,000 km
  • Primacy SUV ~ 53,000 km

Road Grip: Grip was compromised above -
  • Wanderer Sport ~ 40,000 km
  • Aptera HT ~ 40,000 km
  • Geolandar SUV ~ 45,000 km
  • Primacy SUV ~ 50,000 km

Behaviour in wet: I live in the dry part of the country. Yet, this is my feeling observation.
LTX Force>Primacy SUV>Geolandar SUV>Aptera HT>Wanterer Sport

The splash of water on the windscreen is a reminder to go slow. It won't improve or deteriorate with the choice of tyre brand, it is due to the design of wheel arch area.

Haven't tried Bridgestone ever. But you can go ahead and give us a review.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:12   #540
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review - DMF

Request all 110 PS owners to go though this post regarding Dual Mass Flywheels installed in their cars.

It has an information brochure from the OEM of the DMF which covers many aspects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks