Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 06:42   #541
BHPian

New turbo petrol engine launched in the duster. It is BS6 compliant and produces a hefty 250 nm torque. Manual version also there. Link to source.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/auto-expo...veiled-2177409
Old 11th February 2020, 14:14   #542
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Hi all, may I know the realistic milage figures for the petrol autimatic version? I understand its about 15-17 kmpl for diesel automatic. Petrol versions , I read , return about 10-12 on highways. Thanks.
In city bumper to bumper traffic, I get not more than 9 kmpl (even when using Eco mode).

On long stretches of highway, mileage will improve to 11 kmpl on a good day.
ndp88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 17:00   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Life Span: anything above 48K is at your own risk.
  • Wanderer Sport ~ 45,000 km
  • Aptera HT ~ 46,000 km
  • Geolandar SUV ~ 52,000 km
  • Primacy SUV ~ 53,000 km

Road Grip: Grip was compromised above -
  • Wanderer Sport ~ 40,000 km
  • Aptera HT ~ 40,000 km
  • Geolandar SUV ~ 45,000 km
  • Primacy SUV ~ 50,000 km

Behaviour in wet: I live in the dry part of the country. Yet, this is my feeling observation.
LTX Force>Primacy SUV>Geolandar SUV>Aptera HT>Wanterer Sport

The splash of water on the windscreen is a reminder to go slow. It won't improve or deteriorate with the choice of tyre brand, it is due to the design of wheel arch area.

Haven't tried Bridgestone ever. But you can go ahead and give us a review.
Thanks for the detailed info. My stock MRF are nearing 43k now and this despite driving considerable distances in jungles on extremely bad surfaces, no-roads and even boulders. I sincerely believe that I lost tread depth worth at least10k KM's during my jungle trips. 😀

Almost made up my mind on Michelin LTX Force, all thanks to your first hand views that helped me deciding on them. 👍

Only problem being the tires available with dealers in my locality are of June 2019 make. Although the dealer is assuring no problems if I go for it. But I am not sure because I read somewhere on team bhp itself that tires should be preferably not more than 3 months old. Is it OK to go ahead with these tires ??

Moreover there is an additional insurance cover, namely, Michelin Assurance Plan, available @ Rs 600/- per tyre (over and above its quoted price of ~Rs 9400 apiece) that would provide unconditional warranty for 5 years and upto the tread depth of 1.6 mm (new tyres have round 7.5-8.0 mm depth). Is it worth? What's your take on it ? Views from other fellow members are also welcome.

Thanks
agt7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 17:36   #544
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Only problem being the tires available with dealers in my locality are of June 2019 make.

Moreover there is an additional insurance cover, namely, Michelin Assurance Plan, available @ Rs 600/- per tyre
I think my tyres were also from a 6 month old batch when I got them. I knew I should not be accepting these and should be asking for a newer set. However, past experience with Michelin and their quality had my faith built in them already. Secondly, I was buying from a Michelin dealer who I bought the previous two sets from too, so I didn't argue. Plus, you are registered in their online system for warranty which is confirmed by a message you get on your phone. This ensures that you are buying from an authorized dealer and are not getting fakes.

I have noticed that the Primacy SUV tyres move faster and hence you get tyres from newer batches easily, however with the LTX force, that is not the case.

This Assurance thing is a new scheme. I believe it is sort of an insurance which reimburses the full cost of the tyre in case of damage to it. When I bought my set, this wasn't available. Even if it would have been so - I would have opted out since:

-I go through a set within 2.5 years (even a 2 year warranty is enough for that)
-I am quite assured of the better quality of tyre and that itself is enough "assurance" incorporated in the cost of the tyre.
PS: I was never offered any discount on the MRP of Michelins that I have bought till date, unlike other manufacturers whose prices vary depending on the dealer you enquire from. The only thing free is the fitting, balancing and alignment of the set and a tissue box at max. This is the situation, when the person I get mine from is an old acquaintance and I have bought 3 sets from him for both our Dusters.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:32   #545
BHPian

A friend of mine has got his hands on a 2016 Renault Duster Diesel AMT. He is apparently looking into updating his knowledge of the available spare parts prices.

Boodmo/Oriparts shows multiple options (in attached images) when searching for Duster parts. Can past/current owners here guide me on which Chassis type he should choose.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-capture1.png  

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-capture2.png  

Old 10th September 2020, 13:17   #546
BHPian

Hello,

I own a 2016 Duster RXZ AMT, which has run 55k kms.

Service manager here (Bengaluru) is suggesting me to take Renault Easy Care. It's a kind of AMC, prepaid maintenance program. Attached the details.

For my Duster, I have to pay Rs.35056 for the 3 years/30k kms package and he says I can save $$$ on services, parts etc.

I have to change timing belt at 60k kms and timing belt itself costs Rs.12k. Since timing belt is covered in this package, I am thinking it's a good idea to buy 3 years/30k kms package.

How about extended warranty (anytime warranty) also, it costs Rs.18.5k.

Just wanted to know if anyone of you bought it and is it worth, please share your experience and feedback.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf REC A+ cities.pdf (855.4 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by hummer : 10th September 2020 at 13:20. Reason: Added extended warranty query
Old 10th September 2020, 17:29   #547
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can past/current owners here guide me on which Chassis type he should choose.
Boodmo catalogue is good for upto the first gen model. The later models which had the face lifted front and auto climate, AMT etc have a generalized parts catalogs without detailed drawings.

HSM3 is a safe bet for most items for 110 PS versions.

AMT gearbox is not covered in any catalog as per my understanding of these catalogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
For my Duster, I have to pay Rs.35056 for the 3 years/30k kms package and he says I can save $$$ on services, parts etc.
Highly recommend the Extended Warranty, it also covers RSA for the term period. If you are covered till 80K km then get it for + 20K and 1 year or 2 year term based on your usage. You can even buy it later when you are closer to 80K km.

On the AMC front here is my opinion.
60K - Overall Cost : INR 15-18K
-Fuel Filter - 2K
-Belt - 6K
-Tensioner - 5K
-Labour - 2K

70K - Overall Cost : INR 5-7 K
Labour - 2K

80K - Overall Cost : INR 10K
-Fuel Filter - 2K
-Coolant - 1.5K
-Clutch/Brake Fluid - 1.5K
-Labour - 2K
Basically you won't be saving much more than 3K and your money will be blocked for 3 years. Only good thing is that the prices will be protected against inflation which will add to your savings. Also, You will have to be sure that they greased the hinges and battery terminals, actually did wheel alignment and balancing. Sometimes they put the car on the machine and say alignment was not required, balancing is almost always skipped. These are usual items which they can skip on and feign ignorance to unsuspecting customers and save money.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:56   #548
BHPian

Quick query to Duster Diesel 85PS owners regarding the battery. I want to replace the battery, but want to confirm what is the correct battery capacity/rating (stock one).

When I checked with the SA during the service, he mentioned that the stock battery is 65 Ah. But when I checked my stock battery (Exide), it has the Battery Type - "FEF3-DIN60(MF)"

To my understanding, this is a 60Ah battery. Not sure why the SA told me the stock battery is 65Ah. Planning to go for Amaron 60Ah replacement battery from any reputed battery dealer.
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:03   #549
BHPian

Does anyone here know of any decent private garage that know to work on Duster in Ahmadabad (searched in our directory but couldn't find one).

My friend who owns a 2016 Duster AMT has noticed oil leaking from his Turbo. Different garages (including Renault service guys) have given him different diagnosis and fixes (some suggested replacing the turbo, some said it's a just a small fix etc).

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd February 2021 at 14:16. Reason: typo
Old 24th February 2021, 12:55   #550
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Does anyone here know of any decent private garage that know to work on Duster in Ahmadabad (searched in our directory but couldn't find one).
Thanks to Kulin for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Hi,

This is regarding a query by user JithinR on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174431

Mr. Satish Patel has a good enough, capable garage in Ahmedabad. Google Maps listing is - SV99 Automobiles https://maps.app.goo.gl/RYtYt62r9b58Udar9

GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:35   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Quick query to Duster Diesel 85PS owners regarding the battery. I want to replace the battery, but want to confirm what is the correct battery capacity/rating (stock one).

When I checked with the SA during the service, he mentioned that the stock battery is 65 Ah. But when I checked my stock battery (Exide), it has the Battery Type - "FEF3-DIN60(MF)"

To my understanding, this is a 60Ah battery. Not sure why the SA told me the stock battery is 65Ah. Planning to go for Amaron 60Ah replacement battery from any reputed battery dealer.
Yes it is 60AH , better to replace with the same spec battery .
Amaron is usually quite good .
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:37   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Yes it is 60AH , better to replace with the same spec battery .
Amaron is usually quite good .
Yes, went ahead with AMARON AAM-FL-566112060. Cost me 5300 with exchange of stock Exide battery.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 15:01   #553
BHPian

Hi Duster AMT owners,
My 2016 Duster has clocked 46K on ODO and I am looking to replace the stock apollo tyres. I really wanted to go for Michelin Primacy SUV for the superior ride quality and lesser noise. However as we all know due to the import restriction not getting them easily.

Currently getting 2 offers from a dealer here in Thane.
1. Michelin Primacy SUV @ 10660 per tyre manufactured in 36th week of 2019
2. Yokohama Geolander A/T @8450 per tyre with 2021 manufactured date.(can't recollect the exact week of 2021)
Is it ok to buy the Michelin set with almost 2 year old manufacturing date or should I stick to the Geolander

Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 13:43   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Hi Duster AMT owners,
My 2016 Duster has clocked 46K on ODO and I am looking to replace the stock apollo tyres. I really wanted to go for Michelin Primacy SUV for the superior ride quality and lesser noise. However as we all know due to the import restriction not getting them easily.

Currently getting 2 offers from a dealer here in Thane.
1. Michelin Primacy SUV @ 10660 per tyre manufactured in 36th week of 2019
2. Yokohama Geolander A/T @8450 per tyre with 2021 manufactured date.(can't recollect the exact week of 2021)
Is it ok to buy the Michelin set with almost 2 year old manufacturing date or should I stick to the Geolander

Thanks
I was in the same boat for my Duster 85 PS 2016 model which clocked around 42K. I had MRF ones and it lasted well for me for 5 yrs. However decided to change as puncture frequencies got increased and light cracks were developed on the walls.

With my discussions with various tyre dealers in Bangalore and my limited understanding, I found that Michelin Primacy SUV is the best choice if you don't do off-roading or usage is more in the city and highway. But not at a concern even you occasionally hit bad roads or mild off-roading. However there is no/limited stock for this and it's hard to get the fresh ones. You have to go for the old stock.

The second best choice is Bridgestone D 684 (Made in Japan). This has the same problem like Michelin where no fresh stocks are coming and you have to deal with old stock I.e 2019 or 2018. But many dealers said this is one of the best tyres and go for it in case you get the stock

Then we've other ones like Yokohama, Continental. MRF and Apollo. Overall my preference will be as below :-

1. Michelin Primacy SUV
2. Bridgestone D684
3. Yokohama SUV/AT
4. Continental Contact LX2
5. MRF/Apollo

So yesterday I changed my tyres to Bridgestone 684 0f 2019 stock and there is a good difference compared to my stock MRF. The ride has become smooth, tyre noise has reduced and handling is really good. The only concern is the tyre warranty has a condition which states either it's 5 yrs from date of manufacture or 3 yrs from date of purchase and whichever is earlier. So my advise is to check the warranty part very clearly if you are buying the old stock.
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 13:30   #555
BHPian

Has anyone retrofitted a SMF (single mass flywheel- the one that comes in the 85 ps version) on a 110 ps duster which comes factory fitted with the dual mass flywheel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks