Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 10:22   #106
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
I went for 85PS considering most of my drive would be in City and the the engine performance is really peppy in this variant. The AC performance has been quite good during summer and the Automatic AC really takes care of keeping the inside cool without any manual intervention.
Thanks.. I had taken TD of 85 ps and 110 ps both sometime in May and the AC was extremely ordinary for the rear seats in the hot sun. It was not an RXZ variant as it had manual AC.

Convinced with 85 ps and am very much happy with the power it generates, however I feel the car is overpriced for the value it offers.

So far no discounts, expecting Renault to comeup with some price corrections, sooner the better for them considering the competition they are in to…
Old 30th June 2016, 13:53   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Got a formal confirmation today from Renault that 2016 AWD Duster comes only in Orance and Green.
Looks like they are using the colour to differentiate the AWD pretty much like what TVS did with the Apache FI which initially was available only in Yellow and Orange, later extended to Black/Grey as well
Old 8th July 2016, 10:47   #108
BHPian

I test drove the 85 ps old model (the dealership don't have the facelifted version yet) and then the 110 ps facelifted model. Though 85 ps model is not low on power, I felt 110 had the punch and would climb flyovers in even the 5th gear. My question is my city vs highway driving is 40% highway and 60% city. Out of these 40% highway almost 90% is on the hills. What will make more sense in buying? 85 or 110. I have heard atleast two feedback in my immediate friend circle about 85 feeling underpowered while overtaking and on hills when on full load (i.e., 5 passengers and full luggage). Since I keep my cars for atleast 4-5 years (and may be longer) what would be a wise choice? 85 or 110.

Currently I drive an SX4 VDi which has a 90ps engine having a VGT turbo. If I compare this with Duster 85 it definitely feels punchier because of more power and less weight. BTW SX4 diesel sucks on the hills specially on slushy roads, one has to rev up the engine to build torque which results in wheel spin.

I have only two reasons to buy the Duster - one, exceptional suspension setup; two, boot space. I didn't find this in S-Cross 1.6 which was my other option (engine though was too sweet).

Considering all this need advice. Please help.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:14   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I test drove the 85 ps old model (the dealership don't have the facelifted version yet) and then the 110 ps facelifted model. Though 85 ps model is not low on power, I felt 110 had the punch and would climb flyovers in even the 5th gear. My question is my city vs highway driving is 40% highway and 60% city. Out of these 40% highway almost 90% is on the hills. What will make more sense in buying? 85 or 110. I have heard atleast two feedback in my immediate friend circle about 85 feeling underpowered while overtaking and on hills when on full load (i.e., 5 passengers and full luggage). Since I keep my cars for atleast 4-5 years (and may be longer) what would be a wise choice? 85 or 110.

110. You will be driving in the hills with full load. More power is better. You also have the feedback from your friends.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:32   #110
BHPian

How is the air con on the new facelift model? The pre facelift had quite a few people say that the AC was average or below par.
Old 8th July 2016, 15:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
How is the air con on the new facelift model? The pre facelift had quite a few people say that the AC was average or below par.
I will shortly be testing its minimum grill temperature using a probe-type thermometer. My SX4 shows between 3.2-4.5 Deg. C at "1" blower setting. Anything below 3.5 is an indicator that the compressor and other components are optimum.
Old 9th July 2016, 13:10   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post

Currently I drive an SX4 VDi which has a 90ps engine having a VGT turbo. If I compare this with Duster 85 it definitely feels punchier because of more power and less weight. BTW SX4 diesel sucks on the hills specially on slushy roads, one has to rev up the engine to build torque which results in wheel spin.

I have only two reasons to buy the Duster - one, exceptional suspension setup; two, boot space. I didn't find this in S-Cross 1.6 which was my other option (engine though was too sweet).

I own a 85 PS Duster and it's and excellent car to drive in City. However I felt this to be little under-powered in Hills. I went to Ooty around 2 months back with my family of 5 members and the car was struggling to climb up during steep inclines. However you need to rev up the engine really high to ensure it climbs up. So if your are drive is mostly in Hills, it's better to go for 110 PS.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:31   #113
BHPian

Have observed a bizarre thing in the facelift duster…not sure if its existing in the earlier models. The Music system can be played even after the ignition key is physically removed. It’s very concerning if you forget to switch off the system it will keep on running in the parked car and will just drain the battery. Remembering the old days of Premier cars where you had to remember switching off the car tape before locking.

This happened in the showroom itself and the SA confirmed this flaw. Anyone users experienced this ?
Old 18th July 2016, 11:17   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STraiTDriVE View Post
It’s very concerning if you forget to switch off the system it will keep on running in the parked car and will just drain the battery.
Usually modern cars have a 'battery saver' option that turns off ALL electricals (except hazard warning lights) usually after 10 minutes or so.

I assume the Duster also has this feature?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 12:11   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Usually modern cars have a 'battery saver' option that turns off ALL electricals (except hazard warning lights) usually after 10 minutes or so.
Just checked with the SA again on the battery saver option… while he was skeptical of such an option existing in duster, he is going to confirm post checking with the service centre. In the meanwhile what he mentioned is if the system is playing and you pull out the ignition key it will be switched off… just like any other vehicle. Only if someone manually turn’s on the system again (without inserting key) in that case it will continue playing..

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2016 at 16:37. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 24th July 2016, 23:01   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Great Review Aditya

BUT the tyres have changed from the lovely MRF Wanderer Sports to Apollos now !
They've been changed back. I checked out the duster at my local showroom and the display, demo and a vehicle about to be handed over to a customer were all MRF Wanderers.
wannabelean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 09:35   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STraiTDriVE View Post
Have observed a bizarre thing in the facelift duster…not sure if its existing in the earlier models. The Music system can be played even after the ignition key is physically removed...
..Just checked with the SA again on the battery saver option… while he was skeptical of such an option existing in duster, he is going to confirm post checking with the service centre. In the meanwhile what he mentioned is if the system is playing and you pull out the ignition key it will be switched off… just like any other vehicle. Only if someone manually turn’s on the system again (without inserting key) in that case it will continue playing..
With the ignition off, the MediaNav player in Duster could be used for a maximum of 20 minutes, after which it would not work unless you start the car. Same would probably apply for the standard non-touchscreen media player too.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 25th July 2016 at 09:37.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 19:59   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
They've been changed back. I checked out the duster at my local showroom and the display, demo and a vehicle about to be handed over to a customer were all MRF Wanderers.

Thanks for the update

It might also be a case of Renault relying on 2 suppliers for their Tyres on Duster which wasn't the case in the pre facelift Duster as all had MRF wanderers on them.

Last edited by karan561 : 25th July 2016 at 20:00.
Old 27th July 2016, 08:40   #119
BHPian

People who have bought the AMT version, what is your fuel economy in the city?
Old 27th July 2016, 10:42   #120
BHPian

I have been told by the Renault dealer that there is no vehicle in stock and he could drive- in from nearby town 250 kms away (under their dealership). I denied this option as I don’t want a new car with more than 250+ kms on the odometer. He has agreed to it and assured ordering a new vehicle, however how do I ensure he doesn’t tamper the odometer and get-in the outstation vehicle ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks