Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 14:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Renault still needs to take Customer feedback seriously, My Dad declined to buy the 85PS version last year because of the Spare wheel was outside the vehicle under the body! Great Renault did place the spare wheel inside!
But why is the spare wheel placed up side down?
This was also committed by Hyundai in its previous offerings (Now rectified)

This is my experience when i got my new igen i20 also the same with Fluidic Verna
The spare is always kept upside down and is screwed at the center to hold it down tightly. This is the correct way to place the spare and is done to avoid it jumping around in the boot.

Nothing wrong in that.
Old 28th March 2016, 15:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The spare is always kept upside down and is screwed at the center to hold it down tightly. This is the correct way to place the spare and is done to avoid it jumping around in the boot.

Nothing wrong in that.
I think the tyre wallahs feel that the valve pointing outside is the correct way as it makes their job easier. But the bolt has to be longer in that case.

The other way to solve this issue is to have a raised section in the center which supports the tyre and the bolt can also be screwed into it.
Old 28th March 2016, 15:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I think the tyre wallahs feel that the valve pointing outside is the correct way as it makes their job easier. But the bolt has to be longer in that case.

The other way to solve this issue is to have a raised section in the center which supports the tyre and the bolt can also be screwed into it.
I deny that its the best way to put the spare wheel. Is Tata and now Hyundai(After the rectification) are doing it wrong. I totally disagree to the point that it will jump.
Also because of such an issue most of the people would have a flat spare tyre when they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

Nothing wrong in that.
I got the screw elongated for my igen i20 and Verna, and there is no bouncing of my spare wheel. Costing me just 50 bucks.
I was stranded on the highway with my spare wheel with almost nil air due to my laziness to get it opened.
Old 28th March 2016, 16:42   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

As usual, very detailed review.

My colleague is planning to buy an automatic very soon with a budget of 15 lakhs.
It should look premium and service should be good. Although Duster has got neither of the two, he was interested in this one
Recently, he went to a dealership near his home, but AMT was unavailable for a test drive.

This review would help him to a certain extent.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 17:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review. Thanks for mentioning the creep speeds - those are perfect for our cities.

Except for the omission of AWD and those interiors, this facelift looks like my perfect next-car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Move the gear shifter to the left to engage manual mode. Push up for a downshift, pull down for an upshift:

Isn't this gear knob reeking of cost cutting? How much would it have costed them to have a gear knob with plastic cutouts like regular ATs - heck even the Nano XTA has cutouts that let you visually discern what "drive mode" you are in.
This is what I'm referring to:

Last edited by phamilyman : 28th March 2016 at 17:33.
phamilyman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 12:53   #36
s10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fantastic review. Thanks for mentioning the creep speeds - those are perfect for our cities.

Except for the omission of AWD and those interiors, this facelift looks like my perfect next-car!
Exactly my thoughts, though the evident cost cutting is somehow refraining me. 15+L car should be more plush inside
Waiting for Nuvosport launch, hope they launch automatic version for that either AMT or Autobox.

Any idea if it would be more plush than TUV?
Old 30th March 2016, 18:44   #37
BHPian

I liked the new treatment. Being a duster owner for last 2 years, I love my car for its peppy engine and amazing road manners.
Old 1st April 2016, 17:50   #38
BHPian

I have a duster in the house and want to if they have improved the steering.. i have observed that on turns you need to hold the steering tight as undulations on roads cause the steering to twitch in the opp direction. Which feels scary at speeds.
Old 1st April 2016, 17:53   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Isn't this gear knob reeking of cost cutting? How much would it have costed them to have a gear knob with plastic cutouts like regular ATs - heck even the Nano XTA has cutouts that let you visually discern what "drive mode" you are in.
This is what I'm referring to:

Yes, it would certainly have been nice to have that "Gate" arrangement....somewhat reminiscent of the old Ferraris!

Well done Aditya!
Lovely review.

Enjoyed reading it.

Went to the local Renault Showroom this evening on my way home. Sadly the display vehicle is not yet there. I believe it may take another 2 weeks!

One thing all these cars need to think about having - a passenger seat height adjuster. It makes life so much easier for smaller built passengers!

And it is such a small thing I don't know why they don't include it. Especially in a the 10- 15 lac cars!

I mean, when the Skoda Octy first came out in 2000, it had a driver side and passenger seat height adjuster! So did the early Fabias and all those cars.

I mean, how hard can it be?

Last edited by noopster : 8th April 2016 at 08:47. Reason: Back to back posts
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:40   #40
s10
BHPian

Is it available for test drive in NCR? I checked with North and West Delhi dealers, its not yet arrived.
They are saying demo car will take another 3-4 weeks to come . I really don't want to book it without a test drive!
Old 4th April 2016, 16:57   #41
BHPian

Hii guys, I called the Renault Mumbai guys and they have no clue when the vehicle will be on display. Already facing so much competition from creta and the likes it shows very laid back attitude of Renault India. It's been so long since bookings have opened isn't it high time consumers have a look at the vehicle. The very limited options of AWD vehicles in this range seem to be a reason for them to be so lethargic.
Old 5th April 2016, 17:12   #42
BHPian

Test drive

Drove the latest both 85 and 110 bhp versions back to back. My thoughts.
  • Interior has improved. Still looks below par for the price.
  • 110 bhp's 6 speed box has 1st, 2nd and 3rd bundled too close for my liking. It would be a pain in stop-go traffic as all three gears won't give you much progress. Eventually you could consider skipping 1st or second, as you please. 85 Bhp version seem to be more city friendly that way.
  • Power delivery is linear in both. I did not notice any turbo induced push.
  • Both engines pulls from 1000 rpm.
  • Nothing great about back seat. Average space, average support.

Overall, I have to say that Duster is overpriced by a couple of lakhs, especially given the presence of Vitara and Ecosport. It doesn't offer anything more than those two cars other than a larger boot.

Note: AWD is a definite plus. However, one could get nearly new XUVs AWD for that price, which has substantially more kit.
WhiteKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:40   #43
s10
BHPian

Re: Test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Drove the latest both 85 and 110 bhp versions back to back.
You mean the newly launched duster, is it available in Blr showrooms?
It wont come here in Delhi for next 2-3 weeks and getting similar vibes from vinitbhavi for Mumbai as well!!
Old 7th April 2016, 17:43   #44
BHPian

Re: Test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10 View Post
You mean the newly launched duster, is it available in Blr showrooms?
It wont come here in Delhi for next 2-3 weeks and getting similar vibes from vinitbhavi for Mumbai as well!!
The new Duster is already here in Delhi, 2-3 new vehicles are displayed in 'Renault Archini'. I did a 30KM test drive of the new AWD Duster on 3rd April. One of my friend took delivery of the facelift AWD on 5th April.

Last edited by dinesha : 7th April 2016 at 17:45.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:46   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

If I'm not mistaken, the pre-facelift Duster was also available in AWD with 110PS RxL trim. It was a pretty good deal and only lacked some small cosmetic things and passenger air-bag compared to the RxZ.

It seems that the AWD is now available only as the top most variant? Thats a big removal from the options then...
The RxZ AWD's pricing goes threateningly close to a Safari VX 4x4 Varicor400 in Pune (assuming some discounts on the Safari given the lack of customers). The Safari is a much more capable vehicle in almost all aspects if that much money is to be paid...

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th April 2016 at 19:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks