Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:24   #91
BANNED

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by STraiTDriVE View Post
Thanks John.. it sounds encouraging.. am keeping my fingers crossed to collect some more experiences before I take the final decision. Currently they are citing a waiting period of 1+ month for RXZ variant with no discounts on offer.
Ok. Take a long test drive before making a decision. I am getting bored riding my fiesta classic after ridden duster. May be I am addicted to this SUV.
Old 15th June 2016, 21:22   #92
BHPian

Got a formal confirmation today from Renault that 2016 AWD Duster comes only in Orance and Green.
I had zeroed in on Black.

So, I have put my purchase on hold till Renault again starts offering more colors on AWD, including black.

Does anyone know if i can still book a black one on order?
Old 16th June 2016, 11:09   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Got a formal confirmation today from Renault that 2016 AWD Duster comes only in Orance and Green.
This is ridiculous of Renault. Who are these dimwits in management who make these call? They should offer AWD in all popular colors.
Old 16th June 2016, 14:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is ridiculous of Renault. Who are these dimwits in management who make these call? They should offer AWD in all popular colors.
Fully agree! Renault just lost a prospective customer!

Is there anyway i can escalate this topic to their management? Any pointers will be helpful.
Thanks!
Old 16th June 2016, 17:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Fully agree! Renault just lost a prospective customer!

Is there anyway i can escalate this topic to their management? Any pointers will be helpful.
Thanks!
Update: Just got a call from Renault Mayapuri. He is 101% sure that he can get me a black AWD . Ready to give the same in writing, so i am waiting for the email.

So , called Renault customer care and they again confidently say you get AWD in only orange and green.

When i told them about Mayapuri dealer, they are arranging a callback for me.

Apart from anything else, this whole episode is giving me apprehensions about Renault as a brand/product and their customer service. They seem to be confused on basic stuff. If i decide to go for it, it will be my first Renault car.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 18:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had zeroed in on Black.

So, I have put my purchase on hold till Renault again starts offering more colors on AWD, including black.

Does anyone know if i can still book a black one on order?
The Bangalore showroom confirmed the same to me - Only orange and Green for the AWD, but my friend in Cochin has booked a black one. The Cochin showroom has communicated that Orange and Green are available in about 10-12 days, while the black will take 3 months. Maybe they are planning to start production in a couple of months.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 18:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The Bangalore showroom confirmed the same to me - Only orange and Green for the AWD, but my friend in Cochin has booked a black one. The Cochin showroom has communicated that Orange and Green are available in about 10-12 days, while the black will take 3 months. Maybe they are planning to start production in a couple of months.
Ok, I am also being quoted a waiting period of 2 months for Black. Havent checked if there is any difference in waiting period of other colors.
Old 17th June 2016, 10:48   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
So , called Renault customer care and they again confidently say you get AWD in only orange and green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The Bangalore showroom confirmed the same to me - Only orange and Green for the AWD, but my friend in Cochin has booked a black one.
I am beginning to suspect that some Bozo in management anticipated large orders for Green and Orange and they are sitting pretty on large quantity of Green and Orange vehicles. Hence, the eagerness to offload them.

Quote:
Ok, I am also being quoted a waiting period of 2 months for Black. Havent checked if there is any difference in waiting period of other colors.
Generally production is scheduled well in advance. That is why they are requesting 2 months for Black, it has to make it into the production schedule. Since you will be keeping the car for a while, I suggest wait for the color of your choice even if it is 4 to 8 weeks.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 17:06   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Just got a call from Renault Mayapuri. He is 101% sure that he can get me a black AWD . Ready to give the same in writing, so i am waiting for the email.
What was the final OTR? Are there any discounts on the AWD?
Old 17th June 2016, 17:08   #100
BHPian

Update: Now customer care called again and took the dealer on the conference. Both of them agreed that yes, as per the "latest update" i can get AWD in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
What was the final OTR? Are there any discounts on the AWD?
15000 Welcome Bonus
Basic kit worth 5k free
20000 Exchange bonus

OTR around 15.5 including 4th year warranty and insurance.
If you take insurance from outside, it can come down.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 23:47   #101
BHPian

Looking for some advice, in the market for a SUV for past 6 months, had my heart set on Storme but we all know how it is in Delhi. My query here is how much dirt can the Duster AMT take? The wife wants an auto whereas I wanted the AWD, will be happy to settle with AMT if only someone here with an AMT can enlighten on how off road worthy it is. Multiple trips every year to off the beaten track Himalayas is on target for me.
Old 18th June 2016, 01:24   #102
BHPian

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Beaten tracks on Himalayas you say? The only thing that would fit in a perfect travelogue would only be a Duster AWD according to me. Other proper AWD options fall on the expensive side like the fortuner etc. So Duster 110 with AWD is the best money can buy which offers excellent stability both on and off road. With that said, if most of your drives will be in the city, AMT will be the wise choice. It's mind vs heart all over again.
Old 24th June 2016, 22:11   #103
BHPian

First of all, sincere thanks to Team BHP for accepting my membership request. This was nothing less than dream come true to be part of this elite group. Thank You !!!

I booked the new Duster RXZ model sometime in beginning of March and got the delivery around end of March. Had to push the Sales team to deliver before April as there was an increase of Road Tax in Karnataka and finally they manage to deliver. No doubt we went for the new Orange colour and the choice turned out to be pretty good.

It's around 3 months now and have driven more than 2000K and I am a happy Duster owner. Driven in City, Highway, Hills and the car has never disappointed me. The 2016 Duster is a real gem and you need to drive to know this. Light Clutch, Automatic AC, ABS, Cruise, Break Assist really compliment the proven Duster and no doubt this car will still go a long way on Indian roads.
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:28   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
I booked the new Duster RXZ model sometime in beginning of March and got the delivery around end of March.
Congrats SNayak for your new car. Excellent choice and nice color selection. The new Orange definitely stands out. Look forward to more user experiences from you.

So did you go for 110 ps or 85 ps and why ?.. How was the AC performance during peak summer as there is no vent for the rear seats ?
Old 29th June 2016, 19:55   #105
BHPian

Thanks StraitDrive. Yes, I would be posting the user experience sometime in future.

I went for 85PS considering most of my drive would be in City and the the engine performance is really peppy in this variant. The AC performance has been quite good during summer and the Automatic AC really takes care of keeping the inside cool without any manual intervention.

There is no AC vent for rear seats but the rear passengers have never complained and I am sure the front vents are quite capable of keeping the entire unit cool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks