Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 19:59   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Is the RXL AMT stopped by Renault? When I checked with Trident Renault in Bangalore, this is what the SA told.
Yes. Its been couple of months now. When I enquired in late April it was not available and they were not ready to take the new booking and any dealers who had were clearing their stocks.
Old 11th June 2017, 21:41   #362
BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Buying a Renault is getting more difficult by the day.

In Mumbai the Andheri Showroom has been closed along with the service centre (Chandivili). So if you reside in South Mumbai the closest is Jogeshwari or Navi Mumbai. Go figure.

However did enquire about the RXL AMT and the Jogeshwari showroom too did not have inventory.
Old 15th June 2017, 23:36   #363
BHPian

Can the Duster AMT be used with the manual shifter on a daily basis without any gearbox out engine issues?
My cousin is getting a good deal on duster amt demo vehicle in Goa. However he is not a big fan of AMT and would prefer to use the manual shifter on regular basis.
Old 16th June 2017, 09:00   #364
BHPian

Yes you can use it as a daily drive. With as many gear changes as you'd like. But I'd say stay away from demo vehicles unless you're really that compelled.
T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 12:33   #365

No, Minutes can be changed independently.
On the time screen, long press the stalk button. Once the Hour starts blinking, leave it for few second.
It will automatically move to minutes. Now when the minutes start blinking, use the stalk button to change the minutes.
Old 20th June 2017, 12:36   #366

Driven 2500 KM till date and below are the few highlights:

1. Drive-ability and road presence is amazing.
2. Eats of potholes and bad road with ease. Suspension is marvelous.
3. AMT - During initial drives, I sometimes used to feel, did I made a mistake by buying a Reno AMT? As there was a heavy gear shift lag in 2nd and 3rd. After continuous usage, now the gears shift like butter smooth.
4. Door lock button in the center is useful. Co-passenger can securely close the doors when drive is out of the car.
5. Music system is awesome (I am more of a vocal and clean thump listener). May be because of large and deep door pockets which are acting as a bass box.

Dislikes:
1. Door lock button has to be depressed for few seconds to active and deactivate the auto door lock functionality. Quite a weird functionality. Is the auto door lock option not necessary? What is kids depress it and deactivate door lock functionality.
2. Vehicle does not have a door lock button / two stage pull lock from inside. If you have kids you have a switch on the child lock. The door can be opened in one pull from inside. The door lock on the center console is to lock the door from opening from outside.
3. Passenger Airbag. I had to opt for RXL as I bought a 2016 manufactured vehicle and RXZ was not available. Creta gives two airbags as a standard in all its variants. Renault sorely understands the necessity to provide the safety standard. Hence the ZERO rating in the test!!!
4. Door pockets are too deep and the chrome design bend narrows the space for you had to reach the bottom. Renault has to deep some ergonomic research prior to install.
5. There is small space in glove box for the glove box light which is kept open. The higher variant comes with a glove box light. I wonder how such small cheap thing which could cost 100/- maximum becomes a comparative feature. Renault should understand that there are lot more features which can be other cars in the market and need to focus on those.
6. Steering Volume button has limited functionality. It does not change tracks. The music system screen in piano black with white back light. The information on the screen can be read only from center direction. You have to move your head to middle of the row to read the information. Worse in the mornings. Also, the center round button is not for volume. It is only to select tracks. How weird?
7. Second row doors never shut properly, you always have to close them with a thud.
8. Seat comfort is mediocre. Lacks back support. The curve in the middle of the seat is too deep should be adjusted with a pillow or with nice seat covers.
9. Ignition key hole could have been much better.
10. The insulating floor matting are no glued, pull us every time you pull the floor mats for cleaning.
shiva_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 14:54   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
6. Steering Volume button has limited functionality. It does not change tracks. The music system screen in piano black with white back light. The information on the screen can be read only from center direction. You have to move your head to middle of the row to read the information. Worse in the mornings. Also, the center round button is not for volume. It is only to select tracks. How weird?
Nice updates. Did not understand this point. The steering column volume console has a round button at the back to change track.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 15:39   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dislikes:
2. Vehicle does not have a door lock button / two stage pull lock from inside. If you have kids you have a switch on the child lock. The door can be opened in one pull from inside. The door lock on the center console is to lock the door from opening from outside.
SPOT ON.
1. Auto door locks
2. Mandate of 2 reversing lights instead of 1 reversing light and 1 fog lamp for good looks of the tail-lamp cluster
3. Correct orientation of wiper & light stalks on the steering is something that the authorities MUST impose already. All 3 are terribly overdue.

How can cars with LHD steering+stalk setup simply drive shamelessly on our roads with the lighting on left stalk when left hand is required for gearshifts? Are these companies really this shameless to save money by just putting the same steering wheel assembly and switch-gear from LHS to RHS? Saving a few thousand rupees of that change in design at the expense of consumer safety?

Does Suzuki sell their Swift in any EU country with lamp stalk on RHS and wipers on LHS in an LHD setup? Anyone knows? If not & they are gentlemen enough to ensure correct orientation, why cant we kick the backside of these western arrogants for not doing their bit in our market?

For conditions like India, how can a car with a reversing light on just 1 corner of the car which is invisible from most angles (especially when many times the whole car is invisible to traffic till very late in our country!) be made street legal? When will we start making rules that fit OUR conditions rather than just copy the EU rule-book?

A lot of good European cars will never make my next car's shortlist for these reasons when I actually LOVE those cars. Duster being one of them.

I never liked Maruti cars but 1 point i respect them and the Jap car design totally for, is almost all their cars always have 2 reverse lights.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:39   #369
BHPian

Can someone please help me on how to change the MID settings so that the mileage figure shown currently as l/100 to km/l?
Old 24th June 2017, 08:47   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Driven 2500 KM till date and below are the few highlights:

You can change the track. There is a wheel behind that steering volume adjuster stick. Just feel it with your fingers. It's very convenient. It also changes between stations.
The Adventurer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 20:02   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please help me on how to change the MID settings so that the mileage figure shown currently as l/100 to km/l?
Is anyone aware of a solution to this query?
Old 27th June 2017, 21:08   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
How can cars with LHD steering+stalk setup simply drive shamelessly on our roads with the lighting on left stalk when left hand is required for gearshifts? Are these companies really this shameless to save money by just putting the same steering wheel assembly and switch-gear from LHS to RHS? Saving a few thousand rupees of that change in design at the expense of consumer safety?
It's simply because there are more countries with a Left Hand Drive orientation than a Right Hand Drive one. That's why, even European cars sold in the UK come with LHD orientation. It simply doesn't make financial sense to re-orientate for a handful of RHD countries.

Suzuki or for that matter other Japs re-orientate because they acknowledge the same point I've made above. Japan, being a RHD country, cannot do business elsewhere if they didn't re-orientate; not so much for the European brands as the vast majority of their market is LHD.

Quote:
For conditions like India, how can a car with a reversing light on just 1 corner of the car which is invisible from most angles (especially when many times the whole car is invisible to traffic till very late in our country!) be made street legal? When will we start making rules that fit OUR conditions rather than just copy the EU rule-book?
My Renault Lodgy, an European MPV had 2 reversing lights. The Duster has 2 reversing lights and so do many others. Why pick on EU brands? I don't know of any EU rule that mandates a single reverse light; correct me if I'm wrong. My Korean i20 has a single reverse light!

Quote:
I never liked Maruti cars but 1 point i respect them and the Jap car design totally for, is almost all their cars always have 2 reverse lights.
This is a screenshot from our forum's Etios review:
Name:  Screen Shot 20170627 at 9.04.26 PM.png
Views: 2804
Size:  333.7 KB

The point is, cost cutting measures are everywhere. It's not just the Europeans; we have the Japanese too, adopting these measures thanks to this country's archaic Foreign Direct Investment policies that don't provide a level playing field for all manufacturers.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 27th June 2017 at 21:10.
Old 28th June 2017, 00:03   #373
BHPian

So on 19/06/17, brought home my new steed, Renault Duster RMZ 85PS Slate Grey. Have to say, with all the current discounts that Renault is offering, its almost impossible to find another option. Considered Creta but due to lack or Cruise control and other features in the variant which was within my budget, dropped it. Then checked out the duster. Eventhough the interiors were nothing great to talk about, somehow the overall looks and the ride quality and comfort just impressed me. Still mind went over heart and went ahead and booked Brezza as it seemed to be fully loaded, but the fact that spending 13 big ones on Brezza was not great was bugging me always. So after waiting for 1.5 months, took the plunge and went ahead with Duster. More of a heart over mind decision, but then with the current discounts, mind got a bit satisfied too.

Delivery day pic of my Dusty

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-73a34f66231644b4af1137d933fb0266.jpg

Last edited by Repsol : 28th June 2017 at 00:06.
Repsol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 08:43   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone aware of a solution to this query?
Congrats Repsol on your new car! Nice colour you have there.

With regard to your earlier query, I believe it's just like in my Lodgy. So here we go:

Cycle through the settings pressing the button on the right side stalk.

When you're on the km/l l/100 km display setting, long press the same button and it should change to km/l.

I'm pretty sure that should work. Enjoy your drive!
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 09:04   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Congrats Repsol on your new car! Nice colour you have there.

With regard to your earlier query, I believe it's just like in my Lodgy. So here we go:

Cycle through the settings pressing the button on the right side stalk.

When you're on the km/l l/100 km display setting, long press the same button and it should change to km/l.

I'm pretty sure that should work. Enjoy your drive!

Thanks @swiftdiesel. Will try that today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks